Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small Eyes, Wide Jaw Glitch.

Comments

• Options
    katelynnmcdanielkatelynnmcdaniel Posts: 304 Member
    I want to play but I honestly don't know if aging off is working for my game (since for some people it is not) and my male sim is close to aging so im worried that he will age and get weird looking while im playing with another family.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    15MagPies wrote: »
    The only save I'm really working on right now is a baby challenge, so having the genetics messed up kinda ruins it for me. I'm debating putting it on hold until this is fixed.
    I'm thinking of maybe doing the teen runaway challenge in the meantime. And if I'm bored by that, then dragon age.
    Hopefully this will get fixed soon. I don't have a whole lot of video game time as it is, and sims has a bit of competition with the evil within coming out.

I started the teenage runaway challenge and find it fun. I figure if she has kids it will be my wide jaw, squinty eyed kids save. I plan to go in and change their appearance if I don't like it. Not ideal but I have five days off so I am going to play. I put my legacy on hold for now until this is fixed.

Dragon Age Origins you can download for free and since I have never played it, I think I might give that a try this weekend. When I am working my time is limited so I want to make the best of my days off.
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    You guys could work on an "everything Sim". I've been doing that. 12 weeks in and she's completed 9 out of 13 of the collections. She's just finished her 5th aspiration. She's been selling off her collectibles to live off. Once she's finished all the collections, then I will have her start the careers.

I wanted to do the collections first in case the game bugged out. Then if I had to restart her? I could cheat back in all the things she lost from being restarted. Figured it was easier to do that with collections than careers.

Back on topic --- I've yet to really get into playing families or aging anybody up so the aging thing isn't bothering me.

I am glad that others are finally starting to say something about the town cloning going on. That does bother me a little, however, my Sims rarely have any interactions with randomly generated townies other than for the mandatory friendships thing (then I promptly delete those townies after that career level is passed so they are removed from the relationship panel and therefore do not stalk my poor Sim).

If I had to make a guess, I would say that this issue won't be addressed before the next scheduled path in November.

Don't give up the game, just find another way to play it in the interim.

@LokiSimsies How would you cheat back what you lost for collections if you started a new game with the sim. I have a gen family with 12/13 collections, with 3 items to go. It's affected by large save game, only allowing 1 and bit hrs of play and this bug. I tested a new sim and all collections go if moved to gallery and new game. Curious how we could cheat them back. Thanks
  • Options
    SimSiren3SimSiren3 Posts: 301 Member
    Glimmer50 wrote: »

Dragon Age Origins you can download for free and since I have never played it, I think I might give that a try this weekend.

Oh man... see you in three months. XD

I kid. But that game ate me body and soul for a very long time :)

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    SimSiren3 wrote: »

So did some of my exes...

• Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited October 2014
    I've never been so grateful to have the baby gender bug where all the babies are girls. These sims look like they belong in a...freakshow!
    *cue American Horror Story: Freakshow theme song*
  • Options
    WillowWillow Posts: 268 Member
    Glimmer50 wrote: »

Dragon Age Origins you can download for free and since I have never played it, I think I might give that a try this weekend.

Oh man... see you in three months. XD

I got the free download myself and my head hurts from playing it so much. D:

It's occupying my time till this issue is fixed with Sims.
    Death by Cow Plant @ youtube: My first Sim Cow Plant Death
    Angry Poops aren't angry enough

15266541567_b097f729db.jpgg7XI2AJ.gif
  • Options
    This is so totally OT, but now I really want to know what kind of characters people pick who are playing DA:O...

So bored without my Sims 4... :) I've been hanging out on forums and Twitter to excess...
  • Options
    WillowWillow Posts: 268 Member
    This is so totally OT, but now I really want to know what kind of characters people pick who are playing DA:O...

So bored without my Sims 4... :) I've been hanging out on forums and Twitter to excess...

I chose to be a Dalish Rogue Elf. So far I like my choice. ;)
    Death by Cow Plant @ youtube: My first Sim Cow Plant Death
    Angry Poops aren't angry enough

15266541567_b097f729db.jpgg7XI2AJ.gif
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Going back to ME3 myself, for now.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited October 2014
    cherpar wrote: »
    You guys could work on an "everything Sim". I've been doing that. 12 weeks in and she's completed 9 out of 13 of the collections. She's just finished her 5th aspiration. She's been selling off her collectibles to live off. Once she's finished all the collections, then I will have her start the careers.

I wanted to do the collections first in case the game bugged out. Then if I had to restart her? I could cheat back in all the things she lost from being restarted. Figured it was easier to do that with collections than careers.

Back on topic --- I've yet to really get into playing families or aging anybody up so the aging thing isn't bothering me.

I am glad that others are finally starting to say something about the town cloning going on. That does bother me a little, however, my Sims rarely have any interactions with randomly generated townies other than for the mandatory friendships thing (then I promptly delete those townies after that career level is passed so they are removed from the relationship panel and therefore do not stalk my poor Sim).

If I had to make a guess, I would say that this issue won't be addressed before the next scheduled path in November.

Don't give up the game, just find another way to play it in the interim.

@LokiSimsies How would you cheat back what you lost for collections if you started a new game with the sim. I have a gen family with 12/13 collections, with 3 items to go. It's affected by large save game, only allowing 1 and bit hrs of play and this bug. I tested a new sim and all collections go if moved to gallery and new game. Curious how we could cheat them back. Thanks

Do you know how to go into the cheats menu? If so, then when in build mode type in bb.showhiddenobjects after opening the cheats menu and enabling cheats. Almost everything is listed under misc. decor. You can make it easier to find by using the filter in the top right corner and selecting the "debug" option. Some of the things, you will need to spawn (fish/plants). Find those codes at SimsVIP and then type spawn into the search bar there.

For me, the plants and fish would not credit towards completing the collections until I dragged them into the Sims inventory. Other things will credit as soon as you place them on the lot. The fish that are mounted do not count towards the collections, you have to spawn them and drag them into the inventory. Then save the game, exit, and go back. It will show as having been found then. The fish also will not show that your Sim caught them, it will just have _________ where it says "caught by".

I think it's ridiculous that the Sim who found the things loses them when you move them to a new save so I was happy to see that there was a way to get back everything that was lost.
    Post edited by LokiSimsies on
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    I think I'm bulldozing the Museum and building a new community lot in the meantime (it's kinda redundant), I've already built my simmies a new house that they can't afford yet, perhaps in a generation or two when I can play without this bug again.
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    who is inventing these abbreviations and buzz words???? cut it out, sounds wannabe, not hip
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    Looks like the small eyes, same chin thing has migrated over to include females. All the randomly spawned females in my game now have the itty bitty eyes with the same cleft chin (is this the female version of the "ideal" male chin?).
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited October 2014
    Looks like the small eyes, same chin thing has migrated over to include females. All the randomly spawned females in my game now have the itty bitty eyes with the same cleft chin (is this the female version of the "ideal" male chin?).

I don't think it affects females, however, the genetics of the males who have this glitch are modified to match their new look, and it of course spreads down to each generation.

I don't understand how EA can leave this unfixed for so long. It's a huge game breaking bug, and it's been about 10 days since it made its way into the game.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member

Yep, there's definitely a "sameness" to the female townies as well. Sure, their individual hairstyles and colors are different, and so are their eye colors and brow styles, but otherwise I see a heck of a lot of the same roundish face with super wide cheekbones and hardly any chin.

• Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    *laughs really hard* I'm sorry, I know this is an annoying glitch but half those images just immediately made me think of...

Impossibru.png
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

I don't think it affects females, however, the genetics of the males who have this glitch are modified to match their new look, and it of course spreads down to each generation.

I don't understand how EA can leave this unfixed for so long. It's a huge game breaking bug, and it's been about 10 days since it made its way into the game.

I don't like waiting either, but we have to give them time to fix it.
    He/Him
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

I think this goes back to the confusion being caused by the focus being on aging up. In my opinion, it's not really aging up causing this issue. It's the weight being given to certain presets. That's why if you look in your manage world and take a look at the game generated Sims in the unplayed bin that they all look the same. Before the patch, this wasn't the case. At first, it was just the males getting the small eyes and massive square jaw. The females all looked different. Today while looking at the townies walking past my Sims house, I started noticing that the new females all had small eyes. Went and checked the bin and all the ones created in the past Sim week or so had the same features. Small eyes, that chin with the big dimple in the middle.

The thing that is causing males to all look the same seems to be migrating over to the females now, again, this is not aging up but I think it is the underlying cause of the aging up problem.

ETA: It should be noted that my current save is 14 Sim weeks old. The females did not start to look the same till around week 12 and that was after I had deleted a bunch of single mother households and the game spawned some replacement Sims. These new females all look the same but with different hair and skin color.

ETA2: Because the focus is on the aging, I can pretty much guarantee that once that is fixed that the posts will start "OMG! It's a bunch of clones!" Either because the underlying problem wasn't addressed OR because it's a different problem that is showing up at the same time and being overlooked. My Sims have nothing to do with townies because of it, I do not want their offsprings having those itty bitty eyes and the same chins.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    So_Money wrote: »

Yep, there's definitely a "sameness" to the female townies as well. Sure, their individual hairstyles and colors are different, and so are their eye colors and brow styles, but otherwise I see a heck of a lot of the same roundish face with super wide cheekbones and hardly any chin.

Exactly, I even took screen shots of the Manage World Unplay Sims with Fraps to show that all the females look the same now. They all have little eyes, rounded faces (I didn't notice that part), and the small chin with the dimple in the middle. The males all have the small slanted eyes (I've really been trying so hard to be PC here but my town is suddenly all Asian and that's fine if I'm playing a game that way but I would like some diversity in my game!), the same face shape, and the same squared jaw.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Because the focus is on the aging, I can pretty much guarantee that once that is fixed that the posts will start "OMG! It's a bunch of clones!" Either because the underlying problem wasn't addressed OR because it's a different problem that is showing up at the same time and being overlooked. My Sims have nothing to do with townies because of it, I do not want their offsprings having those itty bitty eyes and the same chins.

This is what I'm worried about. I'm not sure if there's enough of an acknowledgment of the real underlying problem here--randomization. I'm worried we're going to get a patch that effectively cures one of the symptoms, but leaves the infection to fester.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Ah an age up glitch. Good thing I am playing on long lifespan so have 70ish days until my next male ages up (doing this so I have lots of time to play between each expansion).
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    Because the focus is on the aging, I can pretty much guarantee that once that is fixed that the posts will start "OMG! It's a bunch of clones!" Either because the underlying problem wasn't addressed OR because it's a different problem that is showing up at the same time and being overlooked. My Sims have nothing to do with townies because of it, I do not want their offsprings having those itty bitty eyes and the same chins.

This is what I'm worried about. I'm not sure if there's enough of an acknowledgment of the real underlying problem here--randomization. I'm worried we're going to get a patch that effectively cures one of the symptoms, but leaves the infection to fester.

I believe this (broken randomization) was brought to the attention of the SG in yesterday's chat thread, and he said he'd pass it on. The person linked to a thread/post.
  • Options
    DizziestSimsDizziestSims Posts: 788 Member
    Still no cure for Sim's Syndrome...
    From the creator of Robinson Family, Dizziest Sims is a reboot of the storytelling series with all new family and friends! dizziestsims.com #DizziestSims
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Does anyone know which SimGuru is the best person to contact directly about this? I don't understand their job titles well enough to know who actually shapes Sim faces.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top