Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small Eyes, Wide Jaw Glitch.

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    Now its just the matter of time, I know we are a lot who cant play for real because of this bug, my males look so alike, even children with very big eyes grow into nearly stereotype looking :´(

I wonder if we can expect a new patch on Monday or Tuesday.
  • Options
    SOnet104SOnet104 Posts: 487 Member
    Now its just the matter of time, I know we are a lot who cant play for real because of this bug, my males look so alike, even children with very big eyes grow into nearly stereotype looking :´(

If we lucky it MAY, only may get fix in next months patch. But more likely not, or we will only get another problem in next months patch.
    325-sometme-she-would-stay-at-cstore-reading2.jpg?w=321
  • Options
    SOnet104 wrote: »

If we lucky it MAY, only may get fix in next months patch. But more likely not, or we will only get another problem in next months patch.

SimGuryLyndsay said they have already found a solution and would get it to us soon.

That is why I think it would be earlier than November.
  • Options
    SOnet104SOnet104 Posts: 487 Member
    SOnet104 wrote: »

SimGuryLyndsay said they have already found a solution and would get it to us soon.

That is why I think it would be earlier than November.

Lets hope for the best, many simmers done want to play due to that.
    325-sometme-she-would-stay-at-cstore-reading2.jpg?w=321
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    The problem with patching is the problem any programmer faces: fix one thing, break 5 other things. Everything is so interrelated, it's hard to see sometimes how one thing will affect another. I'm glad they are patching things as they come up rather than waiting for some giant fix, but it has to be frustrating and difficult for them to do this on the fly and try to keep things from breaking. When you patch on the fly, there's not much time to test for side-effects/ripple-effects.
  • Options
    MsPhy wrote: »
    The problem with patching is the problem any programmer faces: fix one thing, break 5 other things. Everything is so interrelated, it's hard to see sometimes how one thing will affect another. I'm glad they are patching things as they come up rather than waiting for some giant fix, but it has to be frustrating and difficult for them to do this on the fly and try to keep things from breaking. When you patch on the fly, there's not much time to test for side-effects/ripple-effects.

I figure, however, this glitch is more undoing something they had done.
  • Options

Hey folks - wanted to jump in with an update. It turns out we did make some changes to the sculpt modifers translation between genders BUT it looks like it had an unintentional impact on age changes!! So - we have a fix that we'll get to you as soon as we can. Your details and pictures were really helpful! While you should see some change as Sims age it was not intended to be so dramatic or unpredictable.

Possibly. But the way I interpret SimGuruLyndsay's words, they made some changes to affect one thing, and it had an unexpected side-effect on something else, causing the bug. Yes, they can undo it by undoing the changes they made, but if they want to keep the changes they made, they're going to have to figure out a way to fix what they broke by doing so. I may be wrong. Who knows.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited October 2014

Indeed.
    I never got a good explanation to why they attempted to change things in the first place; something about changing how gender features manifested when you change gender in CAS, the way I understand it. But I don't see why it was needed... Oh well, as long as they fix it.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    Is everyone having this problem, or is it just a majority thing? I haven't aged up a sim since the patch, but now I'm scared. :/
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • Options
    Is everyone having this problem, or is it just a majority thing? I haven't aged up a sim since the patch, but now I'm scared. :/

Not everyone may have noticed, but given the SG's response, I think it's universal.
  • Options

Hey folks - wanted to jump in with an update. It turns out we did make some changes to the sculpt modifers translation between genders BUT it looks like it had an unintentional impact on age changes!! So - we have a fix that we'll get to you as soon as we can. Your details and pictures were really helpful! While you should see some change as Sims age it was not intended to be so dramatic or unpredictable.

Possibly. But the way I interpret SimGuruLyndsay's words, they made some changes to affect one thing, and it had an unexpected side-effect on something else, causing the bug. Yes, they can undo it by undoing the changes they made, but if they want to keep the changes they made, they're going to have to figure out a way to fix what they broke by doing so. I may be wrong. Who knows.

I have basically stopped playing. I want the fix sooner than later.

But I'll wait if that means proper testing will be done.

Just, please, not over a week!
  • Options

Everyone. It's not a bug, per se, but a mistake.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Not everyone may have noticed, but given the SG's response, I think it's universal.
    Great :/ Guess I'll hope for girls and turn aging off if I get a boy in the meantime.
  • Options

Great :/ Guess I'll hope for girls and turn aging off if I get a boy in the meantime.

If you read the whole thread, some folks say they are noticing non-randomization in females as well.
  • Options

If you read the whole thread, some folks say they are noticing non-randomization in females as well.

Indeed, it's just not as obvious. Unlike the guys, it doesn't make them look freakish, just identical.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

Everyone. It's not a bug, per se, but a mistake.
    A bug is a mistake ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    I just tested it in game and sure enough it's happening to me too. I'm not gonna play until it's fixed. Like most people I spend a lot of time making my sims and to have them all age up and look the same is a deal breaker for me. Also I'm playing a challenge and turning aging off would ruin it. I don't know what days they usually patch on but I'm really hoping they get it out soon.
  • Options
    SimSiren3SimSiren3 Posts: 301 Member
    edited October 2014
    Bumping this since people are starting new threads to ask about it...

I have also stopped playing until a patch is released and I can confirm that CAS randomizer produces the occasional large-eyed, weak-jawed male :)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Now I'm curious about the number of forum-goers who have actually stopped playing while waiting for a fix. So I made a thread to count them, here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/794151/counting-heads-who-has-stopped-playing-until-they-fix-male-faces#latest

Please post there if you've stopped playing due to this bug/glitch/mistake/whatever.

EDIT: Never mind, thread abandoned since it took exactly two posts to fall apart.
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    This needs to be fixed ASAP! I don't want my sims to age and be changed like this! Please gurus, do something about it!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Huh! It really is randomizing the women just as badly in the CAS randomization. I hadn't noticed it as an age-up issue, but it is a CAS issue.

Okay, back to my randomized-and-to-be-discarded Sim so I can sit and build houses for a while! I'm going to spend my Sims time till this is patched building and decorating. :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Is this a bug in everyone's game? Just curious because I wanted to start a legacy/story but I definitely don't want all of the males in my legacy aging up like this...

I've been playing rotationally so I haven't seen any sims age up yet (since after the patch anyway). Kinda afraid to look at all the randomly generated males in my game lol...
  • Options
    Is this a bug in everyone's game? Just curious because I wanted to start a legacy/story but I definitely don't want all of the males in my legacy aging up like this...

I've been playing rotationally so I haven't seen any sims age up yet (since after the patch anyway). Kinda afraid to look at all the randomly generated males in my game lol...

It's universal since the last patch.
  • Options
    I suppose I should try to find some other way to play while I wait, but I've never been great at building, and my enthusiasm for it is limited.

I'm just glad my soap opera is queued up through December and that I have screenshots stored away for a couple weeks' worth of gameplay after that... unless they don't fix this by spring 2015 it probably won't affect OSSE at all. :)

Can anyone recommend a good website/blog to learn building in Sims 4? I just tried putting walls and a roof on one of my sims' porches and it was a disaster; I can't imagine what would happen if I tried to build an entire house from scratch.

But I'm drifting off topic, sorry. GRRR! Male faces! What's up with that!!! What a bummer!!!!!!! ;)

• Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member

It's universal since the last patch.

Ugh, that really sucks. I hope they roll out a patch for this ASAP because this glitch is just ridiculous. Get a patch to fix other things and it always ends up breaking something else :unamused:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top