Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small Eyes, Wide Jaw Glitch.

Comments

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited October 2014
    ZhakiraP wrote: »
    I did some CAS testing just now, and when rolling the dice for different parts of the face I acctually got different results. What I did notice though was that every one of these alternatives was set at max jaw width and the eyes were as small as they could get. Is this the developers idea of maleness?

It is, as far as I consider it, the most "masculine" look (not to be confused with "most good looking man"). And not to derail the thread but I think it is actually connected, IRL, with testosterone and other male hormones, which is why a lot of women athletes abusing old-timey kinds of steroids tend to grow very square jaws.

ANYWAY, I suspect this outlayer is the "maximum male" face setting: Max jaw width, Minimum eye size, Maximum nose width. In fact, it is simulating a neanderthal look fairly well...
    I suspect, as I wrote in another post above, that this is the "Default" male face, the face you then ad and remove features from when randomizing.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    I did some CAS testing just now, and when rolling the dice for different parts of the face I acctually got different results. What I did notice though was that every one of these alternatives was set at max jaw width and the eyes were as small as they could get. Is this the developers idea of maleness?

It is, as far as I consider it, the most "masculine" look (not to be confused with "most good looking man"). And not to derail the thread but I think it is actually connected, IRL, with testosterone and other male hormones, which is why a lot of women athletes abusing old-timey kinds of steroids tend to grow very square jaws.

ANYWAY, I suspect this outlayer is the "maximum male" face setting: Max jaw width, Minimum eye size, Maximum nose width. In fact, it is simulating a neanderthal look fairly well...
    I suspect, as I wrote in another post above, that this is the "Default" male face, the face you then ad and remove features from when randomizing.

I just hope this gets fixed soon.

He/Him
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

I just hope this gets fixed soon.

Like... NOW.
    I intend to play non stop on sunday, and I can't, I will be... frustrated.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    @Beardedgeek
    It certainly looks neanderthal. I do hope however that the human race has evolved past that :D Well, apart from the sims, of course.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    davidlothteen.jpg
    Poor old David Lothario, it's not the worst I've seen by a long chalk but neither parent has the too close, squinty eyes and lantern jaw... I'm not playing this save until it's fixed (building on a new save in the meantime). If it was just a case of altering them in CaS a bit I'd make do until it's fixed, but I can't be doing with all the townies getting this affliction too!
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    I can't be doing with all the townies getting this affliction too!

I actually did do this. It was a royal pain in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
  • Options
    So_Money wrote: »

I second that.

I have been giving townies plastic surgery, simply because I cant stand the way they look. It feels a lot like TS 2 and that guy what´s his face with the huge mouth.

Goopy? No, that might have been another unfortunate mutant.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited October 2014
    So_Money wrote: »

I second that.

I have been giving townies plastic surgery, simply because I cant stand the way they look. It feels a lot like TS 2 and that guy what´s his face with the huge mouth.

Goopy? No, that might have been another unfortunate mutant.

It's a slippery slope, the townie plastic surgery business. I enter CAS intending on making just a few tweaks, then the next thing I know I'm fixing their entire ridiculous wardrobe. *sigh*
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I don't like making Sims or tweaking townies, so I delete the ones I don't want and add ones from the gallery. It also helps keep the population under control. I tend to delete elder Sims my Sims are not friends with so they don't end up dying and adding their corpse to the population count :-p

I play so slowly, I haven't had a chance to notice all this, but I do have a Sim I made as a YA who aged to adult pre-patch, and then again in a new game post-patch. I should do side-by-side screenshots to see if there is a difference.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Pguida got banned!? Oh my god it is a miracle. I was only gone for a couple of dsys
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Pguida got banned!? Oh my god it is a miracle. I was only gone for a couple of dsys

This is his thread, one he started that has greatly helped in bringing this issue to the developers.
    Do you really need to be disrespectful? Can´t you make a happy thread about it and vent there if it´s so pressing?
  • Options

This is his thread, one he started that has greatly helped in bringing this issue to the developers.
    Do you really need to be disrespectful? Can´t you make a happy thread about it and vent there if it´s so pressing?

He is not worth making a whole thread about. I post wherever I want I'm not breaking any rules and this points out a glitch that has already been reported so no idc

21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member

He is not worth making a whole thread about. I post wherever I want I'm not breaking any rules and this points out a glitch that has already been reported so no idc

You said your piece. Now let's get back to the thread.
  • Options
    SimSiren3SimSiren3 Posts: 301 Member
    Posted this in the wrong thread, so I'm cross-posting here.

If you're having this problem, pretty please, click "me too" on the forums that the devs actually supposedly read... http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Small-Eyes-Wide-Jaw-Glitch/m-p/3700897#U3700897
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    SimSiren3 wrote: »

If you're having this problem, pretty please, click "me too" on the forums that the devs actually supposedly read... http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Small-Eyes-Wide-Jaw-Glitch/m-p/3700897#U3700897

I'll do that. Thank you. I wasn't aware of that.
  • Options
    Now I'm worried that the glitch thread is glitched... it seems to be stuck at 30 no matter how many people "me too" it :(
  • Options
    SimSiren3 wrote: »

Ok clicked it
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    mangakagirlmangakagirl Posts: 415 Member
    To me this is really sad. I cant get myself to play my legacy because I know my boys will look weird
  • Options
    Okay, finally I see the number going up on the official report thread. It's up to 37 now :)

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Small-Eyes-Wide-Jaw-Glitch/m-p/3700897#U3700897

Be sure and click your "me too" if you haven't yet, because I think that forum is the only one the devs actually consistently read.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Hey folks - wanted to jump in with an update. It turns out we did make some changes to the sculpt modifers translation between genders BUT it looks like it had an unintentional impact on age changes!! So - we have a fix that we'll get to you as soon as we can. Your details and pictures were really helpful! While you should see some change as Sims age it was not intended to be so dramatic or unpredictable.

Thanks a lot! Without getting too technical, is there a way you could explain the changes so that people know what they should be expecting, and whether it's working as intended? (I'm not sure what "sculpt modifiers between genders" means, for example, though I suspect you mean that aging works differently for men and for women as far as face changing as they get older, which would make sense.)

So if I'm reading you right, you guys meant for males' jaws to widen a bit and eyes to get a little smaller as they age to adult, to represent the effects of testosterone sort of, but that it went overboard? And the fix will make there be a bit more variety in YA males' appearances?

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Hey folks - wanted to jump in with an update. It turns out we did make some changes to the sculpt modifers translation between genders BUT it looks like it had an unintentional impact on age changes!! So - we have a fix that we'll get to you as soon as we can. Your details and pictures were really helpful! While you should see some change as Sims age it was not intended to be so dramatic or unpredictable.

Yay!

And seconding that it'd be awfully nice to see visual examples of a couple of things so we know what's a glitch and what isn't:
    - normal aging changing in both sexes
    - normal range of game-generated Sims, i.e., the outside limit of how "weird"/"ugly" will the game generate on its own
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    TaraWinksTaraWinks Posts: 46 Member
    @SimGuruLyndsay
    Thank you for the update. And thank you to the team for working on it.
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member

Don't think for a second that he isn't back operating under another name.

• Options
    Simmelina1Simmelina1 Posts: 2,626 Member

@SimGuruLyndsay
    Thanks!
    Origin id: Simmelina
    simmelina1.wordpress.com
    The life of my sims. Elina & Don.

49992523523_7fe1918650_c.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top