Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small Eyes, Wide Jaw Glitch.

Comments

• Options
    DJNSDJNS Posts: 74 Member
    Thank you, SimGuruLyndsay! And thanks to everyone who posted pictures that made this mystery easier to solve. Square-jawed, squinty-eyed syndrome will soon have a cure and I can finally play with the aging on again.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Hey folks - wanted to jump in with an update. It turns out we did make some changes to the sculpt modifers translation between genders BUT it looks like it had an unintentional impact on age changes!! So - we have a fix that we'll get to you as soon as we can. Your details and pictures were really helpful! While you should see some change as Sims age it was not intended to be so dramatic or unpredictable.

Awesome, thank you for the update! Looking forward to patching ASAP -- my game is unplayable without it.
  • Options
    lovejoyriteialovejoyriteia Posts: 198 Member
    @SimGuruLyndsay:
    Thank you for the update, and for having the problem looked into so quickly!
    Will we need to return to an earlier save, if we don't like how our male Sims turned out?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    Hey folks - wanted to jump in with an update. It turns out we did make some changes to the sculpt modifers translation between genders BUT it looks like it had an unintentional impact on age changes!! So - we have a fix that we'll get to you as soon as we can. Your details and pictures were really helpful! While you should see some change as Sims age it was not intended to be so dramatic or unpredictable.

Thank you so much.

And thank you for those who provided pictures and details.

Most useful topic. It made me aware of the issue and now I also know there will be a fix.
  • Options
    WillowWillow Posts: 268 Member
    SimSiren3 wrote: »

Thanks a lot! Without getting too technical, is there a way you could explain the changes so that people know what they should be expecting, and whether it's working as intended? (I'm not sure what "sculpt modifiers between genders" means, for example, though I suspect you mean that aging works differently for men and for women as far as face changing as they get older, which would make sense.)

So if I'm reading you right, you guys meant for males' jaws to widen a bit and eyes to get a little smaller as they age to adult, to represent the effects of testosterone sort of, but that it went overboard? And the fix will make there be a bit more variety in YA males' appearances?

Thanks for posting an update @SimGuruLyndsay. I do agree with some of the others who would like more clarification on what changes are expected from each age range, hopefully they are minor. Looking forward to getting this fixed! :D
    Death by Cow Plant @ youtube: My first Sim Cow Plant Death
    Angry Poops aren't angry enough

15266541567_b097f729db.jpgg7XI2AJ.gif
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    edited October 2014
    Willow wrote: »

Thanks a lot! Without getting too technical, is there a way you could explain the changes so that people know what they should be expecting, and whether it's working as intended? (I'm not sure what "sculpt modifiers between genders" means, for example, though I suspect you mean that aging works differently for men and for women as far as face changing as they get older, which would make sense.)

So if I'm reading you right, you guys meant for males' jaws to widen a bit and eyes to get a little smaller as they age to adult, to represent the effects of testosterone sort of, but that it went overboard? And the fix will make there be a bit more variety in YA males' appearances?

Thanks for posting an update @SimGuruLyndsay. I do agree with some of the others who would like more clarification on what changes are expected from each age range, hopefully they are minor. Looking forward to getting this fixed! :D

I thought aging was just fine before..

Anyway, she didn't say they had tweaked aging. They had tweaked when you change a male into a female and vice versa (sculpt modifers translation between genders). It seems that had an inadverted effect on aging, though.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I just checked to see if I had this glitch and I do. It's really weird I don't want to play my save right now because I don't want my little boy to age all wrong. Oh well, guess I'll start a new save until this is fixed. Glad that it is being worked on!
  • Options
    WillowWillow Posts: 268 Member

I thought aging was just fine before..

Anyway, she didn't say they had tweaked aging. They had tweaked when you ghange a male into a female and vice versa (sculpt modifers translation between genders). It seems that had an inadverted effect on aging, though.

Let me clarify my post, I wasn't indicating they were changing aging. I am asking what changes we would see on their faces when they do age, IE will their eyes get smaller at all, will their jaws widen with each age, etc etc.

Death by Cow Plant @ youtube: My first Sim Cow Plant Death
    Angry Poops aren't angry enough

15266541567_b097f729db.jpgg7XI2AJ.gif
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    I hope they realize that it isn't just aging up and down that's broken. The whole randomization system is bugged across the board.
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    I hope they realize that it isn't just aging up and down that's broken. The whole randomization system is bugged across the board.

Elaborate, please.
  • Options
    Read back a few pages for detailed info.

Basically, go into CAS and start randomizing sims. It's broken. The same jaw repeats in male sims over and over again. Other facial elements do not randomize correctly either. Only one or two of the presets are being used. Females are also affected, though to a slightly lesser degree.
  • Options
    MrSmoothMangoMrSmoothMango Posts: 53 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I noticed this too, and I made a thread a few days ago both here and the bug forum. It REALLY needs to be fixed ASAP.

And this isnt what EA intended at all. Below, you can see how my Sim aged before the patch. Not only that, I took an adult Sim in CAS and aged him down to teen and adult, and he looked NOTHING like he was supposed to. The game literally overwrites the Sim's appearance with this bug. This can affect genetics.

6y7LGQS.png

s2sAONl.png

evTc6Nz.png

How the last Sim aged *BEFORE* the patch:
    rzKdpVH.png

wow! that's my sim! that's really cool that people actually downloaded some of my stuff. :)
    follow me on tumblr! smoothmangoes.tumblr.com
  • Options
    SimSiren3SimSiren3 Posts: 301 Member

Basically, go into CAS and start randomizing sims. It's broken. The same jaw repeats in male sims over and over again. Other facial elements do not randomize correctly either. Only one or two of the presets are being used. Females are also affected, though to a slightly lesser degree.

I didn't believe this, because to me the CAS randoms looked different enough that it didn't seem bugged. But then I made six random dudes in CAS. They looked different from each other, to me. But then I took my last of six randoms and went through manually to select new eyes and jaw presets for him to see if they actually came any bigger/narrower (respectively) than the ones the randomizer was providing, and sure enough! My results below.

Notice how different the last guy looks from the first six, and I did not do any stretching or manipulating; I just chose different presets. Presets that don't show up on the randomizer no matter how many times I click it.

tumblr_nd7jlvG8aI1tlsfijo1_1280.png
    tumblr_nd7jlvG8aI1tlsfijo2_500.png

I think it's safe to say that at least some of the presets for eyes and jaw are not showing up in randomized, or else something is happening to them in the process of creation that's causing them to undergo some uhhhh uniformization? Becoming more uniform. They seem to have restricted the amount of variety that the game will generate without your going in and manually selecting it, and this lack of variety is also being imposed on manually designed sims as they age up.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I am glad this is being looking into. I have 5 days off work and was looking forward to playing. I will probably create a new save and mess around with it until they get this fixed. I would hate for my legacy to get all messed up. I don't think anyone has aged since the patch. I haven't had time to play much. Thankfully, I guess.
  • Options
    DescantDescant Posts: 41 Member
    @SimGuruLyndsay

Thanks so much for the update!
  • Options
    Pooky21365Pooky21365 Posts: 114 Member
    Thank you, @SimGuruLyndsay, for the update. :)
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member

I know that, I have it too.
    But you said the whole randomization is bugged. That would mean females, children have.a bug. I don't have that.
  • Options
    RineRine Posts: 165 Member
    When I made a YA female and would randomize it, I could see the green outline jumping around to different things. (For instance, if I had drilled down to the level where you can select different jaws, I saw the box moving around. etc.) When I made a YA male, no box. It just stayed the same. So there is something wrong there. I didn't try different age groups - I just tried different parts (eyes, jaw, etc) to see if the box jumped around. Hopefully I am making sense... this is just what is happening for me. And I tried this out the other day so my recollection of what I saw might not be right. I just DO know that I saw a green box jumping around to different things when I hit the dice for female...and it didn't happen for the males.
  • Options
    sholtxsholtx Posts: 832 Member

Please make it quick.
    beXSQcW.jpg
  • Options
    MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    It also seems to effect sims already in your game. Without aging them at all. I went into three different households in my biggest save and all the YA males had wider jaws, longer faces, and smaller eyes. I left the save without saving. Hopefully whatever they do to fix it doesn't allow this to happen when we load up a save, else all my saves will be unplayable. As it is, I can not play the game at all with this bug active. At least I can mod out of most of the other bugs. :(

This all may just be a sign to uninstall and check back after a couple EPs are released.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I think it's safe to say that at least some of the presets for eyes and jaw are not showing up in randomized, or else something is happening to them in the process of creation that's causing them to undergo some uhhhh uniformization?

You got it. Most of the facial presets aren't being selected through randomization. In the case of the jaw, literally only jaw #1 ever gets picked. In my tests, I found that only eyebrows were randomizing properly.

If you follow the green selection box as it jumps around the presets when doing an overall randomization, you can actually see it happening. Or should I say NOT happening.
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member

@SimGuruLyndsay:

Thank you. I also would like to join @lovejoyriteia in incurring if this future fix will revert changes made to townies and already aged playable sims, or if we will have to either return to an earlier save or edit sims in CAS?
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    A little late to the party, but here is a comparison of the same Sim in different games after he aged from YA to A. The left side of his face was aged pre-patch. The right side is aged post-patch. The differences are small, but there.

beforeandafter.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2014
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Pguida got banned!? Oh my god it is a miracle. I was only gone for a couple of dsys
    Yeah, well, since he is the one who brought this under everyones attention I think it may be time to allow him back in?
    (dont know what terrible stuff he did but I kind of like him; he's sharp)

Anyway, good news it's going to be fixed!

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    mangakagirlmangakagirl Posts: 415 Member
    Now its just the matter of time, I know we are a lot who cant play for real because of this bug, my males look so alike, even children with very big eyes grow into nearly stereotype looking :´(
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top