Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small Eyes, Wide Jaw Glitch.

Comments

• Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Willow wrote: »
    SimSiren3 wrote: »
    This is so totally OT, but now I really want to know what kind of characters people pick who are playing DA:O...

So bored without my Sims 4... :) I've been hanging out on forums and Twitter to excess...

I chose to be a Dalish Rogue Elf. So far I like my choice. ;)

Yep I am choosing the same thing. I like the idea of being a wood elf versus a city elf. And I for sure what to use a bow.

Yeah I hear ya about the forums. On here way to much. Got a HOG= Hidden Object Game I have been playing too. So many games, to little time. Oh and I have barely touched Guild Wars 2.

• Options
    shaposh2012shaposh2012 Posts: 760 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    Looks like the small eyes, same chin thing has migrated over to include females. All the randomly spawned females in my game now have the itty bitty eyes with the same cleft chin (is this the female version of the "ideal" male chin?).

Yep, there's definitely a "sameness" to the female townies as well. Sure, their individual hairstyles and colors are different, and so are their eye colors and brow styles, but otherwise I see a heck of a lot of the same roundish face with super wide cheekbones and hardly any chin.

Exactly, I even took screen shots of the Manage World Unplay Sims with Fraps to show that all the females look the same now. They all have little eyes, rounded faces (I didn't notice that part), and the small chin with the dimple in the middle. The males all have the small slanted eyes (I've really been trying so hard to be PC here but my town is suddenly all Asian and that's fine if I'm playing a game that way but I would like some diversity in my game!), the same face shape, and the same squared jaw.
    Are you sharing the screenshots on the EA Answer site? I think posting there and here is a good approach. Crincrit has said the gurus are checking that site.

PS: What does Fraps mean?
  • Options
    GreenDayBowserGreenDayBowser Posts: 59 Member
    For some odd (but awesome) reason, I'm not having this issue...people are still aging naturally for me...
  • Options
    deibreakdeibreak Posts: 386 Member
    For some odd (but awesome) reason, I'm not having this issue...people are still aging naturally for me...

Your not the only one, I went in my game and tested it to see and nothing changed. My sims faces didn't alter other than getting wrinkles and age details, also when I randomized the sims they all looked different each time. I am so thankful to not have this bug. I hope they can fix it for others soon.
  • Options
    SimSiren3SimSiren3 Posts: 301 Member
    deibreak wrote: »

Your not the only one, I went in my game and tested it to see and nothing changed. My sims faces didn't alter other than getting wrinkles and age details, also when I randomized the sims they all looked different each time. I am so thankful to not have this bug. I hope they can fix it for others soon.

Would you mind going into CAS and hitting random for say, 6 different YA males and posting the resulting screenies? It would really help the devs who are most certainly reading this thread. Some people just don't notice the similarities because they focus on the nose shape, coloration, etc. (this is what I was doing at first), so this may also be happening to you. Without pics it's hard to say :)
  • Options
    mangakagirlmangakagirl Posts: 415 Member
    And both your games are fully patched?
  • Options
    Oh, just a gentle reminder to "me too" here if you haven't already, and add any necessary commentary :)

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Small-Eyes-Wide-Jaw-Glitch/m-p/3700897#U3700897
  • Options
    deibreakdeibreak Posts: 386 Member
    @simssiren3 @mangakagirl Sure I can, and yes my game is fully patched.
  • Options
    deibreak wrote: »
    @simssiren3 @mangakagirl Sure I can, and yes my game is fully patched.

Thanks! If we can find some people who definitely are NOT affected, and figure out what the differences are between us and them, it might help the devs fix. :)

• Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    Looks like the small eyes, same chin thing has migrated over to include females. All the randomly spawned females in my game now have the itty bitty eyes with the same cleft chin (is this the female version of the "ideal" male chin?).

Yep, there's definitely a "sameness" to the female townies as well. Sure, their individual hairstyles and colors are different, and so are their eye colors and brow styles, but otherwise I see a heck of a lot of the same roundish face with super wide cheekbones and hardly any chin.

Exactly, I even took screen shots of the Manage World Unplay Sims with Fraps to show that all the females look the same now. They all have little eyes, rounded faces (I didn't notice that part), and the small chin with the dimple in the middle. The males all have the small slanted eyes (I've really been trying so hard to be PC here but my town is suddenly all Asian and that's fine if I'm playing a game that way but I would like some diversity in my game!), the same face shape, and the same squared jaw.
    Are you sharing the screenshots on the EA Answer site? I think posting there and here is a good approach. Crincrit has said the gurus are checking that site.

PS: What does Fraps mean?

Fraps is an in-game screen capture program, it's used by most of us when you see the wording from the UI in the screenshot. I like it because all I have to do is hit F10 and it captures everything. I use it mostly to show stuff like my spliced plants so people can see what I combined....or to show that I've completed all the collections.

No, I haven't posted the images. Honestly? I started feeling like I was talking to a wall about this broken randomization thing and just gave up. Not really sure why I came back in to it.
  • Options
    Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Is it only an in-game issue?
    I actually just noticed that my male sims I've been playing look very different, but the sims in CAS they age normal just aging details.
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited October 2014
    cherpar wrote: »
    You guys could work on an "everything Sim". I've been doing that. 12 weeks in and she's completed 9 out of 13 of the collections. She's just finished her 5th aspiration. She's been selling off her collectibles to live off. Once she's finished all the collections, then I will have her start the careers.

I wanted to do the collections first in case the game bugged out. Then if I had to restart her? I could cheat back in all the things she lost from being restarted. Figured it was easier to do that with collections than careers.

Back on topic --- I've yet to really get into playing families or aging anybody up so the aging thing isn't bothering me.

I am glad that others are finally starting to say something about the town cloning going on. That does bother me a little, however, my Sims rarely have any interactions with randomly generated townies other than for the mandatory friendships thing (then I promptly delete those townies after that career level is passed so they are removed from the relationship panel and therefore do not stalk my poor Sim).

If I had to make a guess, I would say that this issue won't be addressed before the next scheduled path in November.

Don't give up the game, just find another way to play it in the interim.

@LokiSimsies How would you cheat back what you lost for collections if you started a new game with the sim. I have a gen family with 12/13 collections, with 3 items to go. It's affected by large save game, only allowing 1 and bit hrs of play and this bug. I tested a new sim and all collections go if moved to gallery and new game. Curious how we could cheat them back. Thanks

Do you know how to go into the cheats menu? If so, then when in build mode type in bb.showhiddenobjects after opening the cheats menu and enabling cheats. Almost everything is listed under misc. decor. You can make it easier to find by using the filter in the top right corner and selecting the "debug" option. Some of the things, you will need to spawn (fish/plants). Find those codes at SimsVIP and then type spawn into the search bar there.

For me, the plants and fish would not credit towards completing the collections until I dragged them into the Sims inventory. Other things will credit as soon as you place them on the lot. The fish that are mounted do not count towards the collections, you have to spawn them and drag them into the inventory. Then save the game, exit, and go back. It will show as having been found then. The fish also will not show that your Sim caught them, it will just have _________ where it says "caught by".

I think it's ridiculous that the Sim who found the things loses them when you move them to a new save so I was happy to see that there was a way to get back everything that was lost.

Thanks very much for your help @LokiSimsies.
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    *briefly OT* @Glimmer50 and @Willow - if either of you have DA related questions, you're welcome to drop them on my wall :) I'm a HUGE fan of the series.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    My game is fully patched as well and I can get a few screens up of aging and randomized sims
  • Options
    tumblr_ndan4e91fp1s69mv1o1_500.png
    there's the randomized faces...only two look similar and none look like the face of the glitch's most common form.
    tumblr_ndan4e91fp1s69mv1o2_1280.png
    A sim of mine who is normally a YA, this is forced aging and when I played his household this is how he aged up anyways.
    tumblr_ndan4e91fp1s69mv1o3_1280.png
    Another sim of mine. Same as the one above.
    Like I said I'm patched fully and I don't have the issue...
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    there's the randomized faces...only two look similar and none look like the face of the glitch's most common form.
    A sim of mine who is normally a YA, this is forced aging and when I played his household this is how he aged up anyways.

You don't see the squinty eyes and lantern jaw on all six randomized Sims? You don't see the difference in eye size in your brown-haired Sim? (Can't see his jaw due to beard). I don't necessarily see it in your final Sim, but he has a beard also and already has squinty eyes.
  • Options
    Crackseed wrote: »
    *briefly OT* @Glimmer50 and @Willow - if either of you have DA related questions, you're welcome to drop them on my wall :) I'm a HUGE fan of the series.

Hey thanks, much appreciated. Not like the game came with a manual LOL. I might have to at least look up the controls on the internet.
  • Options
    MsPhy wrote: »

You don't see the squinty eyes and lantern jaw on all six randomized Sims? You don't see the difference in eye size in your brown-haired Sim? (Can't see his jaw due to beard). I don't necessarily see it in your final Sim, but he has a beard also and already has squinty eyes.

When I random my Sims that is exactly how they turn out too. Like yours GreenDay. It isn't as obvious as some folks have reported BUT look at their eyes. Most of them have that squinty eyed appearance and the jaw thing is not as pronounced but still there. Take off the guys beard and you will see it. I had a hard time seeing it in my game because it is just not something that jumped out at me nor does it look to be as bad as some have reported but I think it is there nonetheless.

As a test here is what I suggest: Make a YA Sim in CAS, with a long jaw and BIG eyes...then click on child, teen, ya and adult and you will see the shift. At YA which is how you made him he will shift to his "normal" self but at the other stages he will change to a more squinty eyed, wide jawed person.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    MsPhy wrote: »

When I random my Sims that is exactly how they turn out too. Like yours GreenDay. It isn't as obvious as some folks have reported BUT look at their eyes. Most of them have that squinty eyed appearance and the jaw thing is not as pronounced but still there. Take off the guys beard and you will see it. I had a hard time seeing it in my game because it is just not something that jumped out at me nor does it look to be as bad as some have reported but I think it is there nonetheless.

As a test here is what I suggest: Make a YA Sim in CAS, with a long jaw and BIG eyes...then click on child, teen, ya and adult and you will see the shift. At YA which is how you made him he will shift to his "normal" self but at the other stages he will change to a more squinty eyed, wide jawed person.

If that's the case than this glitch has been there since Day 1...I've had this game since September 4th and no changes are there for me at all...I know someone on tumblr who has this glitch full tilt and his sims are completely unrecognizable after...even without that beard, my boys still look the same as always...in fact that's how they aged when they did naturally. 3 weeks ago. There may be a hint in my game but there's no where near as severe as others have said for me. Oh and Mrs.Phy, that was kinda racist...yeah Richard (blue hair) naturally has squinty eyes, it's obvious, I mean he's 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Asian.

Here's what I mean
    tumblr_nd7it8YZft1tjrolto1_500.jpg
    LumiaLoverSims on tumblr has this happening to him...mine doesn't do that...mine look different, his all look the same...
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member

That is the glitch.

Every single Sim has the same very small eyes and the same jaw, check in your unplayed Sims bin under manage world. Your male sims will also have these eyes and jaw. It upsets players because it takes away any chance of having a truly random game. They all wind up looking exactly the same.

I didn't notice it in my game till I started paying attention to the Sims walking past after seeing this thread. It blew my mind that they all looked exactly the same with different hair and skin tones. Now, even the females have these tiny slanted eyes and all have the same chin with the dimple in the middle. This isn't being caused by genetics since in my game these are the randomly generated Sims. There is something broken about the randomization mechanisms and how it creates Sims (either through aging up or randomly).
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

That is the glitch.

Every single Sim has the same very small eyes and the same jaw, check in your unplayed Sims bin under manage world. Your male sims will also have these eyes and jaw. It upsets players because it takes away any chance of having a truly random game. They all wind up looking exactly the same.

Also, the three randomly generated male sims I got since this glitch was discovered all had the most pale skin color. It seems that the skin color randomization doesn't work either, but for children follow the parents correctly.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member

It's really cute that you think you don't have the glitch...

it's extremely obvious in your randomized faces, and in your first sim as well.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    Oh and Mrs.Phy, that was kinda racist...yeah Richard (blue hair) naturally has squinty eyes, it's obvious, I mean he's 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Asian.

The only racist comment I see here is from you. You think all asians have squinty eyes?
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Oh and Mrs.Phy, that was kinda racist...yeah Richard (blue hair) naturally has squinty eyes, it's obvious, I mean he's 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Asian.

The only racist comment I see here is from you. You think all asians have squinty eyes?

It might be ignorant, but it's not racist. If you're Australian, Indian, Iranian or (whatever) you don't have squinty eyes.
    HOWEVER: All asians do not have an eye shaped like the Sim there, BUT all people who HAVE that eye shape have asian heritage. Sort of like all thumbs are fingers, but not all fingers are thumbs.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options

I'm from an Asian family, full Filipino...everyone in my family has smaller eyes so yes most Asians have smaller eyes... and that's besides the point. As I said, that's how they aged up naturally in game as well within my first week of playing, there's no difference now to how they aged up in game...
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top