Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small Eyes, Wide Jaw Glitch.

Comments

• MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I haven't decided what I'm going to do. I have a legacy going, and I hate for the heir to age to teen before this is fixed, but I'm not positive he hasn't already been affected as a child. I have another saved game that was on rotation. I guess I could do something with it. Not all families have members ready to age up.

*sigh* I'm not a builder either, and I'm not about to start now. I guess I'll ... do something. The Mister will probably be thrilled; he's been complaining I spend too much time with "that plumbed game," heh.
  • SimleySimley Posts: 284 Member
    I'm doing a challenge (Asylum Challenge) that involves only Sims I've created... I'd prefer to play my regular game, but it is passing the time for now. I may have to turn off aging soon in the challenge, though. I hope this is fixed quickly.
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    yes its effecting everybody.
  • songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Simley wrote: »
    I'm doing a challenge (Asylum Challenge) that involves only Sims I've created... I'd prefer to play my regular game, but it is passing the time for now. I may have to turn off aging soon in the challenge, though. I hope this is fixed quickly.

Oh, let me know how yours turns out. I just finished my third attempt. I think TS4 sims are a bit too good at taking care of themselves to make an asylum as fun as it was in TS2 and TS3. I only had one death (first or second day of mortification) and one fire. No one really fought or argued or flirted. It also took forever to reach top of career/finish aspiration (I did both since they were only a couple days apart). That last could be my own fault, though!

• GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    I've had to put again on OFF... which I've never done before. I have a lot of boy children in the neighborhood and I don't want them all to have that weird look as they age up (which they do when I look in CAS).
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • JellyEyesJellyEyes Posts: 354 Member
    What a crazy issue. It was nice to get an update about it. Hopefully it can be fixed soon because like how I can make my sims look in this game. It especially plums because it's not a facial type I'd choose for my male sims much at all. I love large widely spaced eyes on them.
  • SimleySimley Posts: 284 Member
    @songsmith2003 I agree, they are a little too good at taking care of themselves for this challenge! I've had one or two Sims pass out, and two fires which they put out, and that's it.

They do argue a little but not enough yet to become enemies. I'm surprised that despite all the chatting they do, they never become friends. And no one flirts autonomously! They get the flirting emotion, but they don't do any romantic actions. So that's disappointing. It's interesting for me because I've never done a challenge before, but I wish there were more mayhem. It is taking some time to advance in the cooking career, so at least that gives me something to focus on.

One day I think I'll try this challenge in Sims 2. I'm sure that will be crazy!
    edited October 2014
    I posted earlier that the Sims team is looking at it now thanks to this thread (and has now been confirmed by gurulyndsey) but it could take up to 10 days to be fixed depending on how its prioritized and even then it could take ten days to be tested, approved and released.

I just hope they fix all the problems this glitch has caused not just with aging but randomized sims as well...why fix one and not both...yet if their not looking for both they might not fix it for both.
    Post edited by TOLKIEN on
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    MsPhy wrote: »
    I haven't decided what I'm going to do. I have a legacy going, and I hate for the heir to age to teen before this is fixed, but I'm not positive he hasn't already been affected as a child. I have another saved game that was on rotation. I guess I could do something with it. Not all families have members ready to age up.

I completely agree with this. I really wanted a male heir to continue on with the bloodline for this generation, but ... not with this. While it doesn't ruin the genetic factor so much ( a generation or two at best ), it still bothers me and it does actually affect my playstyle.
  • TaraWinksTaraWinks Posts: 46 Member
    @Tolkien
    Thanks for the update. I hope this problem isn't deemed low priority. I have 3 saves on hold. They all involve families and generational game play.
    I guess my house will get cleaned this weekend. lol
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    When people who actually love the game decide to quit playing because of an issue, it should immediately rush to the top of the to do list I'd say.
    @Tolkien
    Why did you remove what you said :\ ?
    5JZ57S6.png
    @Tolkien
    Why did you remove what you said :\ ?

I didn't notice that gurulyndsey had confirmed this problem before and had stated they are working on a fix - so my post seemed kinda redundant. However I just updated it.
  • SimSiren3SimSiren3 Posts: 301 Member
    edited October 2014
    When people who actually love the game decide to quit playing because of an issue, it should immediately rush to the top of the to do list I'd say.

^^^^^^
    THIS.

I am one of the game's biggest, most rabid, loyal fans, and one of the ones most 100% behind the changes they've made... and yet here I am making alternate weekend plans and pondering dusting off Dragon Age 2 or some Elder Scrolls games to scratch my storytelling itch...
  • LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited October 2014
    You guys could work on an "everything Sim". I've been doing that. 12 weeks in and she's completed 9 out of 13 of the collections. She's just finished her 5th aspiration. She's been selling off her collectibles to live off. Once she's finished all the collections, then I will have her start the careers.

I wanted to do the collections first in case the game bugged out. Then if I had to restart her? I could cheat back in all the things she lost from being restarted. Figured it was easier to do that with collections than careers.

Back on topic --- I've yet to really get into playing families or aging anybody up so the aging thing isn't bothering me.

I am glad that others are finally starting to say something about the town cloning going on. That does bother me a little, however, my Sims rarely have any interactions with randomly generated townies other than for the mandatory friendships thing (then I promptly delete those townies after that career level is passed so they are removed from the relationship panel and therefore do not stalk my poor Sim).

If I had to make a guess, I would say that this issue won't be addressed before the next scheduled path in November.

Don't give up the game, just find another way to play it in the interim.

If I had to make a guess, I would say that this issue won't be addressed before the next scheduled path in November.

Auuuuuugh say it isn't so!

I'm the kind of person who, if I stop playing a game long enough, I find a new thing to obsess over, and I will honestly miss my Sims 4 obsession. :(

• LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    SimSiren3 wrote: »

I'm the kind of person who, if I stop playing a game long enough, I find a new thing to obsess over, and I will honestly miss my Sims 4 obsession. :(

Then don't stop. Just shift gears a little so you aren't aging any Sims up and you aren't interacting with the townie clones. Either really get into building, do the everything Sim thing, or even try your hand at custom content. I saw the tool released recently (go to the My Sims 4 Blog for the link) where you can recolor things. That might be fun, go and start recoloring hairs and clothing so when they fix this? Your Sims will look even more fabulous with the things you've made for them.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member

Then don't stop. Just shift gears a little so you aren't aging any Sims up and you aren't interacting with the townie clones. Either really get into building, do the everything Sim thing, or even try your hand at custom content. I saw the tool released recently (go to the My Sims 4 Blog for the link) where you can recolor things. That might be fun, go and start recoloring hairs and clothing so when they fix this? Your Sims will look even more fabulous with the things you've made for them.

Exactly. There's no need to stop playing completely. There are other ways to play the game in which you don't have to worry about the randomization/aging bug. For example, I started a sort of asylum challenge with a bachelor and seven single ladies in one household. Since I created the male sim by hand and DL'd all the females from the Gallery, this bug doesn't affect my gameplay.

It isn't ideal, and I DO want a hotfix ASAP (Novembers' patch isn't good enough), but at least this way I can play.
    So_Money wrote: »

Exactly. There's no need to stop playing completely. There are other ways to play the game in which you don't have to worry about the randomization/aging bug. For example, I started a sort of asylum challenge with a bachelor and seven single ladies in one household. Since I created the male sim by hand and DL'd all the females from the Gallery, this bug doesn't affect my gameplay.

It isn't ideal, and I DO want a hotfix ASAP (Novembers' patch isn't good enough), but at least this way I can play.

Thing is, I am so artistically challenged I can hardly draw a square, and building/design is as frustrating for me as being that wimpy kid dangling at the bottom of the rope in gym class. Not my idea of a good time!

But maybe I can focus on the writing part of my sim stories for a while, write up stories around the screenshots I've already taken ( I do have a bit of a backlog), and maybe by the time I get to the end of that I'll be able to play again.
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    I've gone through my pics of my male 2nd gens who a few days ago grew up into YA and have small eyes when the dad and mum don't. It seems their eyes got smaller halfway through their teens, not upon aging up. Their jaws are ok though. One of them's eyes are flat, with no upper eyelid contour, when neither the mum or dad's eyes are like that. And out of all 4 children, 3 of them sons, none of them got the dad's bumpy nose, they all got the mum's shapeless generic nose, when they were children it looked like a couple of them were going to grow up with it, but they didn't.
    I have them on long lifespans and it's a complicated slow moving house to get through, so hopefully by the time they're ready for middle age the fix will be in and I'll be able to tweak their eyes in CAS. I thought it was just how they turned out and have found them partners with big bulgy eyes to correct it in their 3rd gen children. Cassandra Goth and Adalyn the redhead for example.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member

Exactly. There's no need to stop playing completely.

Except I'm bored. My sims have found their OTP and they just want to get on with it.

• 15MagPies15MagPies Posts: 416 Member
    The only save I'm really working on right now is a baby challenge, so having the genetics messed up kinda ruins it for me. I'm debating putting it on hold until this is fixed.
    I'm thinking of maybe doing the teen runaway challenge in the meantime. And if I'm bored by that, then dragon age.
    Hopefully this will get fixed soon. I don't have a whole lot of video game time as it is, and sims has a bit of competition with the evil within coming out.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member

Except I'm bored. My sims have found their OTP and they just want to get on with it.

That's fair enough. If no other style of gameplay appeals, you'll just have to wait until it's fixed.

That's fair enough. If no other style of gameplay appeals, you'll just have to wait until it's fixed.

Yes. I'm hoping next week a patch will come.
  • ceinwynieceinwynie Posts: 162 Member
    Yes, I'm having problem playing it, I play a legacy and I want my son to be the heir, but I don't want him to age up because of this glitch =( I think I will set age off (I know it's against the rule but it's the only way) and start collecting things.
    ceinwynie wrote: »
    Yes, I'm having problem playing it, I play a legacy and I want my son to be the heir, but I don't want him to age up because of this glitch =( I think I will set age off (I know it's against the rule but it's the only way) and start collecting things.

Exceptions can be made in cases of force majeure.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top