Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    I've got a question about buying simpoints through the site. If I have money in my EA account balance, can I use it to buy a bundle with a mystery bag? What would choosing redeem your entire ea account balance get?
  • Options
    muminek85muminek85 Posts: 175 Member
    @wittanthony1 I have bought point bundles with my ea account balance. When I had a $20 card, I got the $10 bundle because I wanted a mystery item. ;)
    Then I had a little over $9 left. Redeem your entire ea account balance was the only way to turn that into simpoints. That option turns all your money into simpoints minus whatever tax you have to pay. There is no mystery item when you use redeem entire ea account balance.
    :no_mouth:
  • Options
    Thank you @muminek85 for answering my question. I think I may just buy points from origin like I done in the past when I get a game card. I know origin doesn't charge me tax when I've bought points.
  • Options
    That sounds smart. More points for your money. I get charged tax on either page. :)
  • Options
    KittyKat8103KittyKat8103 Posts: 873 Member
    On Friday 100 of my missing points (from Tuesday) were added. When I logged in today, 100 more were added. I think they're just slowing coming in.
    You may call me Danielle or KittyKat, whichever you prefer, I like them both :P
    My Page - My Studio - My Sims 3 FB Page
    2zxozcx.png
  • Options
    JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member
    simgeek79 wrote: »
    @JennaIsGhost that's great news about your cousin and about your relationship!! As part of your sim community family I feel I need to ask the question, does he play The Sims too or at least understand the way you feel about the game?? Lol! Forget politics, religion and if he wants children someday you need to find out the important stuff up front ;)
    Haha! That made me laugh. :P
    He doesn't play Simd, more of a Halo kinda guy, buuut he's known my love for the gamie since day 1 ;) He doesn't quite know how many hours I, along with many others, have spend stalking the DD for oh so many store items, but usually explaing that to people is difficult. Let's just hope he can put up with all the complaining when I miss something important on the DD, . Lol!
    However, he does know I get on here frequently, I have definitely talked about my Sims family to him before. :)
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
  • Options
    simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    Alright then.... I guess...at least he plays video games so he at least gets that part of it. Seriously though very happy for you and your sim sister @kellycot1 whose bf should be visiting soon. If you see this @kellycot1 Have a great time, relax and try not to sweat the small stuff ;)
    Glad to see people's points are slowly being added :) Have a good day / night everyone <3
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Options
    Oh wow. I have 100 comments. :) Thanks for letting me know @despina53.
    We are buried in snow today, and it is still snowing. Overall, it is a good day to play some sims. At the moment though, I am waiting for my mmao. It comes up in about 40 minutes. I hope Lucky Palms comes up. I would really like the wishing well. ;)
    Good luck with the daily deals! Hopefully the store will work better than the last few days.
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited February 2015
    Alright then.... I guess...at least he plays video games so he at least gets that part of it. Seriously though very happy for you and your sim sister @kellycot1 whose bf should be visiting soon. If you see this @kellycot1 Have a great time, relax and try not to sweat the small stuff ;)
    Glad to see people's points are slowly being added :) Have a good day / night everyone <3
    Awww, thank you! I've already been busy cleaning for a few days now (every inch of this house must be scrubbed, washes, vacuumed, mopped or whatever else!), but it's getting really, REALLY exciting. Today is Monday in Australia, and he flies out Monday night US time... So it's very soon! I'm just trying to finish off some Simming projects before he gets here. :)

@JennaIsGhost, congrats Sim sister on your big news! Making it Facebook official is a really exciting step. I'm so glad you have someone special in your life. Also, yay for your cousin! You've had a rough few months here with family troubles, but I'm so happy that things are finally looking up for you.

Hehe, as well, my boyfriend and I are Halo gamers too (that's how we met 10 years ago), but he doesn't quite get Sims. The key is to not draw attention to just how much time and money you spend on the DD. My guy gets the gaming, but the forums and stalking of digital items are a little out of his depth. ;)
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    notthecarnotthecar Posts: 262 Member
    Thank you @muminek85 for answering my question. I think I may just buy points from origin like I done in the past when I get a game card. I know origin doesn't charge me tax when I've bought points.

I did this. turns out i pay tax either way. i bought i sim card which gives a gift then redeemed to points for s bundle that also gave a bundle. i got 2 different free gifts.

1 Featured Look, 1 Complications and 1 Venue to go.

MMAO thinks I own the store! Saving my way to Midnight Hollow Gold until EA makes The Golden Ticket Shop buyable.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Buried in snow here too. Looks like there is around 10-12 inches of snow from the storm and that snow is heavy to shovel. Was playing Sims 3 until something strange happened and the game stopped working. I didn't even get through 1 sim day. I put my sims to bed and then went into buy more and then I couldn't do anything else. I was stuck and had to close the game.
    Somehow I missed getting Night Flower Pajamas a few hours ago on the dd. Getting it would have save me 5 points on Luxe Kidswear when it comes up since I expect Luxe Kidswear to be 40 points for me, oh well for now.

Very happy for you @JennaisGhost on your big news. Also @kellycot1 for you bf coming to visit you. :)

Edit: Official snow today for here was 13.5 inches.
    Post edited by wittanthony1 on
  • Options
    CeruleanEchoCeruleanEcho Posts: 79 Member
    Buried in snow here also. Schools have already cancelled for Monday. Looking at the DD list, the stuff I want is all showing up at 1or 3am or so the next few days! Darn you list! I needs my sleeps!
  • Options
    JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member
    kellycot1 wrote: »
    Awww, thank you! I've already been busy cleaning for a few days now (every inch of this house must be scrubbed, washes, vacuumed, mopped or whatever else!), but it's getting really, REALLY exciting. Today is Monday in Australia, and he flies out Monday night US time... So it's very soon! I'm just trying to finish off some Simming projects before he gets here. :)

@JennaIsGhost, congrats Sim sister on your big news! Making it Facebook official is a really exciting step. I'm so glad you have someone special in your life. Also, yay for your cousin! You've had a rough few months here with family troubles, but I'm so happy that things are finally looking up for you.

Hehe, as well, my boyfriend and I are Halo gamers too (that's how we met 10 years ago), but he doesn't quite get Sims. The key is to not draw attention to just how much time and money you spend on the DD. My guy gets the gaming, but the forums and stalking of digital items are a little out of his depth. ;)
    Thaaaank yoou! :) I'm actually really happy with things right now, especially at the moment since I just got to see him today. :p haha! So far, this year is waaay better than last year around this time.
    It's weird to me because we've been "talking" (or whatever the teenagers us these days) for around 2 months but never made it official until recently because he wanted to ask me in person. So when people ask how long we've been together it's weird to me to only say how long it's really been because it feels like longer than that. Haha. I've actually known him 6 years so that makes it even more weird to me. Haha!
    I don't play Halo, never have. I've never even played an Xbox. Lol! We've only ever had PlayStation in our house.
    I usually don't explain how the DD works because it ends up getting complicated with cys. Normally people get that you buy items for your game online and there's a way t get free point to buy said items but once you throw in cys they tend to get confused haha!

Ahhhh! I'm really excited for you to see your boyfriend! :D How exciting!!! I can't wait to hear some of the stories later on when you've had a wonderful visit with him! :)
    I was going to throw in an Australian stereotype joke like "make sure he doesn't get bit by a giant spider!!" But I'm sure you've heard them all. ;)
    Very happy for you @JennaisGhost on your big news. Also @kellycot1 for you bf coming to visit you. :)
    Thank you as well!! :D
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
  • Options
    SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    edited February 2015
    A family member got me some EA game cards for Christmas, and I recently added them to my EA Account. Lack of video ads, and with some DD rotations I didn't want to miss--I did convert all into SimPoints. I did also get a mystery bag as it was an amount that normally includes a mystery bag.

Great to hear about all the happy romances and anniversaries here!
    Congratulations!

Also wanted to mention that I finally spent some time on a real computer and saved a copy of Jodi's spreadsheet to my google account.

1. There were too many time zones and it really lagged my kindle and netbook... So I edited the file by selecting a string along the top to HIDE the extra time zones.
    2. Then I dropped a lime marker for those things I am still stalking so I know what time to watch for them.

DD-TimeSpreadsheet_zpsqlcrarro.jpg

Above you can see some of the items I am watching for. Sometimes there are days with nothing at all to see.
    The lime makes it easier to remember what I'm waiting for. I scroll down to see where the timer is for CURRENT
    And that really makes it easier to stalk now. (earlier I needed just about everything, and so now, I needed a better system for fewer alerts.

I hope this gives some ideas to others who might want to adjust Jodi's awesome spreadsheet. You want to HIDE the timezones you do not need. Do NOT delete the UTC column because it is the actual clock on the spreadsheet. You can hide it but don't kill it.

I hope the store behaves better for everyone. When the store Liams me or gives me error codes, my Kindle always seems to work ok on the page.
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • Options
    AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited February 2015
    @JennalsGhost Must be a huge relief for your family about your cousin. Glad about your other news too.

@kellycot1 So exciting for you! (Not the cleaning part ;) )

On the whole Great News all round Wohoo <3

@SemaviLady Your happy bouncy cheerleader smiley is really really distracting, in an awesome way.
  • Options
    AletaAleta Posts: 119 Member
    Oh no! I hate that. I had that happen to me for a while but something I did fixed it. Wish I could remember what that was now so it could possibly help you. I didn't have to do a clean install or anything that drastic. Whatever it was I found through a google search. Sorry I can't be more helpful. :(

Save error 12 is supposed to be ram-related. I have a lot of the store installed now, and my family is seven people, and I have memories turned on. I guess it's just too much for the computer to handle, via the cheap porting solution for Mac that EA has chosen. I have a new PC in my future plans, so I hope that will work better.

I still want the whole store... and all the promo items.

SimGuruBChick said she would discuss adding the promo items to the shop with the team. I hope it wasn't just politeness, and that they really might let us get them. That would also be a positive sign, that we're not forgotten.
  • Options
    Buried in snow here also. Schools have already cancelled for Monday. Looking at the DD list, the stuff I want is all showing up at 1or 3am or so the next few days! Darn you list! I needs my sleeps!

A real life sim Snow day? That's fascinating! Here, in the snowy north, we always have to go to work or school, even if it's a snow storm going on.

@simgeek79 - do not have the greenhouse yet, but the indians are in two collections that I have my eyes on, including that one. Pretty soon I won't have to see indian or haute haciendan sets destroy all my MMAO offers any more. Deal #900... :)
  • Options
    SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    AlphaFen wrote: »
    @SemaviLady Your happy bouncy cheerleader smiley is really really distracting, in an awesome way.
    LOL, I'm slowly going insane watching it. I will probably put something else there when I finally update my avatar. No ETA ...

Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • Options
    SemaviLady wrote: »
    LOL, I'm slowly going insane watching it. I will probably put something else there when I finally update my avatar. No ETA ...

Noooo! I have only just discovered the wondrous twirling joy of it, even the mere threat of the removal of such bounciness is to much for me to take this early in the morning. :s

:p
  • Options
    Aleta wrote: »
    Oh no! I hate that. I had that happen to me for a while but something I did fixed it. Wish I could remember what that was now so it could possibly help you. I didn't have to do a clean install or anything that drastic. Whatever it was I found through a google search. Sorry I can't be more helpful. :(

Save error 12 is supposed to be ram-related. I have a lot of the store installed now, and my family is seven people, and I have memories turned on. I guess it's just too much for the computer to handle, via the cheap porting solution for Mac that EA has chosen. I have a new PC in my future plans, so I hope that will work better.

I still want the whole store... and all the promo items.

SimGuruBChick said she would discuss adding the promo items to the shop with the team. I hope it wasn't just politeness, and that they really might let us get them. That would also be a positive sign, that we're not forgotten.

That would be really great if all the promo items were available to get. I know that there are some free sets that I somehow missed. Also all those exclusive bonus sets from buying expansion packs would be nice if there were added to the store to get.

Are the mystery bag items only available to get buying the simpoint bundles or are they just random stuff from the store?
  • Options
    That would be really great if all the promo items were available to get. I know that there are some free sets that I somehow missed. Also all those exclusive bonus sets from buying expansion packs would be nice if there were added to the store to get.

Are the mystery bag items only available to get buying the simpoint bundles or are they just random stuff from the store?

You can help me in my quest! The more people that tell EA that this is what we want, the more likely it is that they will give it to us!

The mystery stuff would also be great to get to the store. It is items that are not available in the store. You get one mystery item if you buy 1 000 simpoints, and one mystery item if you buy 24 360 simpoints... So if you have bought big ones... you don't get very many mystery items...

• Options
    Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    Store appears to be down. Again. Sigh!
  • Options
    PixieydustPixieydust Posts: 705 Member
    SemaviLady wrote: »
    A family member got me some EA game cards for Christmas, and I recently added them to my EA Account. Lack of video ads, and with some DD rotations I didn't want to miss--I did convert all into SimPoints. I did also get a mystery bag as it was an amount that normally includes a mystery bag.

Great to hear about all the happy romances and anniversaries here!
    Congratulations!

Also wanted to mention that I finally spent some time on a real computer and saved a copy of Jodi's spreadsheet to my google account.

1. There were too many time zones and it really lagged my kindle and netbook... So I edited the file by selecting a string along the top to HIDE the extra time zones.
    2. Then I dropped a lime marker for those things I am still stalking so I know what time to watch for them.

DD-TimeSpreadsheet_zpsqlcrarro.jpg

Above you can see some of the items I am watching for. Sometimes there are days with nothing at all to see.
    The lime makes it easier to remember what I'm waiting for. I scroll down to see where the timer is for CURRENT
    And that really makes it easier to stalk now. (earlier I needed just about everything, and so now, I needed a better system for fewer alerts.

I hope this gives some ideas to others who might want to adjust Jodi's awesome spreadsheet. You want to HIDE the timezones you do not need. Do NOT delete the UTC column because it is the actual clock on the spreadsheet. You can hide it but don't kill it.

I hope the store behaves better for everyone. When the store Liams me or gives me error codes, my Kindle always seems to work ok on the page.

Wow, that is really awesome!! I am glad you were able to do that to the spreadsheet to make it easier!! Great ideas, also I love your signature!! It is really adorable!! =D
  • Options
    PixieydustPixieydust Posts: 705 Member
    Just also wanted to say hi!! I think I am finally able to say I am back! I feel soooooo much better now!! I see the doctor on wed, hopefully he will say I dont need oxygen during the day and I am planning on not using the walker to wobble around the house today see how I do without the oxygen. Also, took the last of the predisone. I still have about 10 days on singulair but its in the pill form so its not too bad. I hope everyone is having a groovy Monday!!
  • Options
    @pixieydust (*) Glad your feeling better (*) Though it still sounds like your still having it pretty rough. I hope the Doctors goes well for you. My Monday has been pretty groovy so far, I hope yours goes groovy for you too
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top