Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    BlazonReaper24BlazonReaper24 Posts: 269 Member
    @despina53‌, are you stalking me? :p Just kidding! North or South?
    Awww, Look at big sis @simgeek79 looking out for everyone! That is so sweet.
    How awesome that y'all will be seeing your guys soon @JennalsGhost and @kellycot1! Its good that your guys understands your gaming needs. My husband and I share interest in a lot of different games, but we have things the other doesn't play as much. For him, its games like Forza, Call of Duty, Halo, etc. On the other hand, I play games like Sims, Minecraft and Don't Starve for hours on end until I get aggravated or he makes me go to bed. We'll play each other games together though too. I talk about the deals quite a bit to Ben. Sometimes, he'll joke about how its all I care about lately. I understand what you mean @JennalsGhost about the weird explaining, but its cool. Whats important is what he means to you.
    It would be wonderful if they brought those items back @Aleta‌.
    So wonderful to have you back @Pixieydust! Sounds like some serious stuff to me, so I hope that your recovery continues on a good course.
    Love the game play ideas @SemaviLady. I'll also be looking at you and @Me1620 ideas for slim-lining the spreadsheet. And if your crazy then so am I @J8K9. I get so excited when I get a great deal or finish off a set. I hate being without internet @Pugslover4. I definitely love my modern conveniences.
    Thank you again for letting us know about the sale @melaniet1020. I might be able to finish off the collection of EPs as I only need Showtime and Into the Future. Currently, I don't own any SPs so I wouldn't know where to begin even if I had the money. The Roaring Heights is not the Gold Version correct? I don't want to miss the Boardwalk Attire since that the only way to get it. That and Barnacle Bay are the only worlds that Origin offers that I don't have.
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    I got all distracted by my game tonight (first time I've played since Christmas Break) and forgot about checking off the items on the spreadsheet, but someone filled in for me. Thanks to whoever that was. :) I'll be back in the morning to keep an eye on things!

I am having fun with my farm girl. She started out with a big 64x64 plot of land, an outhouse, and a sleeping bag. She started at the beginning of summer. I set all the seasons to 12 days and made her go collect the seeds to start her garden. I am now half-way through winter and she has a little 5x5 log cabin, which is good since she just had a baby girl - needed to start the next generation! She also has a horse, which is handy for getting to the consignment store to sell her produce. I made her can everything (at the local bakery) that she wanted to keep for winter and put a mod in so she can't cook anything she doesn't actually have the produce to make. :) It's been a challenge so far! I am curious to see if I can make it through winter on the little bit of money she has left.
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    @BlazonReaper24 - I'm in Wisconsin. Whereabouts are you? :)
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    BlazonReaper24BlazonReaper24 Posts: 269 Member
    despina53 wrote: »
    @BlazonReaper24 - I'm in Wisconsin. Whereabouts are you? :)
    Louisiana. :smile:

Your game sounds fun @trithone!
  • Options
    SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    edited February 2015
    @Aleta - You ask, PC players: What system do you use?

I wrote a longer reply but some weird behavior from the forum *POOFed* it even after I tried to repost. I thought it might show up several times so I quit. :neutral_face:

But I'll just cut to the chase.
    I have all the EPs, SPs, store worlds, most of the store, and lots of exchange world by Rflong and other great builders.
    The notebook does have an SSD option but I decided not to put any games on it. TS3 is on the 1 TB mechanical HDD.

My machine starts the game in two minutes from a batch file (clear cache, run game from TS3W.exe, skip intro) and I am at the main menu. I choose a town and the town loads in about two-three minutes. I don't use any DEP settings, or any compatibility modes and I am so happy that the game runs great. Darker worlds like Midnight Hollow are beautiful. (Midnight Hollow was unplayably dark on my old dual core laptop that had an GeForce GT 130M GPU. )

The specs of my machine are --
    • MSI Gaming Laptop
    • Intel Core i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
    • 12GB Memory
    • 1TB HDD
    • 128 GB M.2SATA SSD
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB
    • 15.6" Windows 8.1 64-Bit Multi-language

The current GPU has 2 gigs of RAM and it really makes a huge difference in the game compared to my old Nvidia 130M. The i7 CPU and the 64bit architecture seem to be just what the TS3 needed (for me anyway).

I use it on a Furinno cooling pad with USB fans.
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • Options
    AletaAleta Posts: 119 Member
    @Elf67 - Yes, I got my XP, last service pack, on ebay, and put it in Bootcamp (for my Sims 2). But I would have loved to have it on a PC, as there are some glitches with Bootcamp... :( I think that it's still possible to get Windows 7, if I want to. Windows 7 also hides stuff that were easy to find with XP, and it doesn't sound good if Windows 8 is even worse.

Still, I'm happy to hear @SemaviLady that Windows 8 does work with Sims 3. And works well. I read this:

http://simsvip.com/2012/10/25/the-sims-3-confirmed-compatible-with-windows-8/
    I have an HP all in one with Windows 8. I recently unpacked all of my old SIMS games and decided to install them on the new computer. I did the compatibility check and it said that it was compatible. They installed and opened without error. I was able to create my SIMS but when it went into the town all of the water and streets were black. You can see the houses but not the streets or water. When I play all interaction is fine except it will not let me have any services or make a baby. Like when I click the cell phone and go to Butler, maid, or adoption services it will see they will be right out but then they never come. Please help I love love love the SIMS.

And I've seen some other as well speaking of black textures with Windows 8.

A big part of my new computer is to be rid of the headache of all the Mac glitches. I don't want new ones.

(Another big part is that BD-R is supposed to be a very safe backup for your photos and films.)
  • Options
    GrouchybeastGrouchybeast Posts: 149 Member
    I use Win 7, and I've always been really happy with it. I went straight from XP to 7, missing Vista completely, and 7 has never caused me any problems. It runs S3 very nicely.
    "Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    @Aleta - The HP is plumware (to put it simmishly). Especially the all-in-one. Have you seen the specs for them? :hushed: Seriously.

Gamers avoid HP , Dell, and other such makes... They are compromises from the word go. Simmers may not think they are 'hardcore' gamers but TS3 is inherently a demanding game particularly because it was written for a 32 bit. OS with 4 GB of RAM. So it makes tremendous demands on half baked systems.

It is because of the hardware chosen. Not because of Win 8.1.
    My longer post was about how the hardware works together, but it was eaten. Apparently the importance of hardware did not make an impact in the shorter one. :smiley: So here's another go. :open_mouth:

Win 8.1 has a lot of bloat because of the original idea of a tablet PC. The mashup is not welcome to the traditional keyword user who wanted the start button and accessible maps to their software.

However PC manufacturers had to crank out new PCs with the OS and as always happens did not increase the performance standards of machines with t he new OS.
    I would have preferred Win 7... but now gaming machines come with the new OS---BUT gaming machines with correct hardware have no problem with the resources hungry OS, and are able to run TS3 at full settings.

A good example of OS vs hardware problems is how slow cheap computers are. They often have the latest OS but hardly enough ram to run. ( I build desktop machines as a hobby and do computer upgrades and repairs for family and friends).
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    One more thing that Got lost with my original post, we really shouldn't use two year old threads about older mass produced machines to make new and possibly expensive decisions. E.g. that link was pretty old. I don't know if there are others on this forum that started building their own desktops due to the glut of expensive name brands with cheap hardware.

Much more cost-efficient to "roll your own" desktop TS3 machine. :heart:
    And there is a difference between Windows 8. Vs WIndows 8.1.
  • Options
    AletaAleta Posts: 119 Member
    SemaviLady wrote: »
    @Aleta - The HP is plumware (to put it simmishly). Especially the all-in-one. Have you seen the specs for them? :hushed: Seriously.

Gamers avoid HP , Dell, and other such makes... They are compromises from the word go. Simmers may not think they are 'hardcore' gamers but TS3 is inherently a demanding game particularly because it was written for a 32 bit. OS with 4 GB of RAM. So it makes tremendous demands on half baked systems.

It is because of the hardware chosen. Not because of Win 8.1.
    My longer post was about how the hardware works together, but it was eaten. Apparently the importance of hardware did not make an impact in the shorter one. :smiley: So here's another go. :open_mouth:

Win 8.1 has a lot of bloat because of the original idea of a tablet PC. The mashup is not welcome to the traditional keyword user who wanted the start button and accessible maps to their software.

However PC manufacturers had to crank out new PCs with the OS and as always happens did not increase the performance standards of machines with t he new OS.
    I would have preferred Win 7... but now gaming machines come with the new OS---BUT gaming machines with correct hardware have no problem with the resources hungry OS, and are able to run TS3 at full settings.

A good example of OS vs hardware problems is how slow cheap computers are. They often have the latest OS but hardly enough ram to run. ( I build desktop machines as a hobby and do computer upgrades and repairs for family and friends).

Oh, thank you! I will be putting together a custom built computer, as it will be the cheapest option when you want BD-R.

But I can choose Win 7 for it, so if I understand you correctly Win 8 would work, but Win 7 would be better. :) I think I could always make a Win 8 startup disc later, if I'd need it for some work related software.
  • Options
    I prefer XP Pro. lol

But yes if I could have gotten Win 7 -- Win 8.1 would have been my last choice!
  • Options
    The EOL for Win 7 is 2015 to 2020.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/lifecycle
  • Options
    CaySedaiSimCaySedaiSim Posts: 581 Member
    The store is down (I don't even get Liam anymore - just an error page with a bunch of text) and the site is not loading (just the Roaring Heights background so far). :(
    Member of the Own the Store Club! B)
  • Options
    GrouchybeastGrouchybeast Posts: 149 Member
    @CaySedaiSim - try connecting with a different browser and you might get in. It's working fine for me.

(I showed the error page to my husband a few days ago when it happened to me, and he said the error means that the server running the store is out of memory. Likely there are several different machines, and the store has a 'sticky' connection to the browser, that remembers which server a user connected to. This is why the store can look to be down for some people but up for others. Opening a new connection from a different browser has a chance of connecting to a different server that's still running okay.)
    "Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    CaySedaiSimCaySedaiSim Posts: 581 Member
    Hmmm, in Chrome the store does come up. (I mainly use Firefox.) I don't want to clear my cache right now. I own most of the store and currently only have 225 simpoints, so not enough to get anything anyway. It's just annoying.
    Member of the Own the Store Club! B)
  • Options
    JENiiEYJENiiEY Posts: 225 Member
    Has anyone been having trouble getting simpoint ads? i havent been getting any since christmas and now serenity retreat is on dd in an hour and i'm 30 sp short :'( hating EA right now for not having it as cys
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    JENiiEY wrote: »
    Has anyone been having trouble getting simpoint ads? i havent been getting any since christmas and now serenity retreat is on dd in an hour and i'm 30 sp short :'( hating EA right now for not having it as cys
    Right now I believe the ads are still disabled they were trying to fix them, people were watching them and not getting their points. Hopefully they will be fixed soon and we can all get back to stalking them
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    JENiiEYJENiiEY Posts: 225 Member
    @angeljess26‌ oh that would explain it! Annoying that now I'll have to miss the DD though :(
  • Options
    SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    SemaviLady wrote: »
    Does anyone know why my sim can't interact when she goes to China. She does fine at home and the other sims from family can interact with one another. Ugh I am so tired of these glitches.
    I am not sure why you have so many problems with your game and even the settings for the lots, like households being 'seasonal', and so on.

I think your best bet is to do a lot of new names for your saves (eg, SAVE AS, and give new names). That way you can totally Abandon Ship when your game is toasted, and find an older playable save when you want to restore functionality. I also suggest that you run Error Trap and Overwatch from NRAAS.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/How+To+Install

So sorry about your game. :(

EA and the game didn't make the household seasonal. I did by mistake because the kids wanted an Easter Egg hunt and I didn't set it up properly. Sorry I thought I mentioned that on here, so that was a player glitch.

I did save as new game and it resolved the situation. So thanks for that advice. :)

• Options
    tinkknitztinkknitz Posts: 1,278 Member
    *deep breaths into a paper bag*

I have my sticky note reminders for DD sets I need on my desktop, but transcribed to my calendar.
    I checked my iPad before bed, and set my alarm.
    I missed my Grandpa's Grove by 5 hours because the typeface on my stickie note made my 4 look like a 9.

I need a hug :(

What do I put for a signature once I have been gifted so much that I own The Store? anybody? Bueller?
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Oh no! Have one big virtual hug from me :heart:

That is so frustrating, and we don't see the Grove on DD again till mid April! :(

Maybe they'll remember to have a Mad March sale this year? ...
  • Options
    NonsequitorianNonsequitorian Posts: 264 Member
    JENiiEY wrote: »

Serenity Retreat comes up later in the dd list for 76 points cheaper than this deal now.
    Remember: Wherever you go...there you are.

One day, my wishlist turned into Own the Store, and there was no more wishlist. How remarkable.
  • Options
    ajaxpost wrote: »

That is so frustrating, and we don't see the Grove on DD again till mid April! :(

Thanks for the hug :blush: Yeah, I am calmer now. I need a bit of help with the spreadsheet time references to plan for this again :p

16449276652_9be17b6853_z.jpg

I highlighted in the upper right hand corner for my time zone. It says:

Start Time
    Eastern
    UTC5
    on Mar.8/15-UTC-4

I am in UTC5, but what does "Mar.8/15-UTC-4" mean? And how did you find mid-April?

Anybody can feel free to chime in.

What do I put for a signature once I have been gifted so much that I own The Store? anybody? Bueller?
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited February 2015
    tinkknitz wrote: »
    ajaxpost wrote: »

Thanks for the hug :blush: Yeah, I am calmer now. I need a bit of help with the spreadsheet time references to plan for this again :p

I highlighted in the upper right hand corner for my time zone. It says:

Start Time
    Eastern
    UTC5
    on Mar.8/15-UTC-4

I am in UTC5, but what does "Mar.8/15-UTC-4" mean? And how did you find mid-April?
    You are most welcome. I imagine that the UTC-4 means that is how far behind (four hours) UTC you will be when Daylight Savings begins, currently you must be five hours out.

I knew the current rotation tab includes the second repeat of this list so I just kept on scrolling down until the Grove appears again, number 495 on the rotation. :)
  • Options
    @ajaxpost" Daylight Savings Time" :dizzy_face: Spring Forward! Duh.

Hey, I found it again #674 on Feb8 for 741 pts.
    I am tempted to try for that just so I don't mess up again, going round and round

Sorry if my numbers are wrong, going back and forth between screens. I am being distracted by a flock of about twenty robins outside in the yard all trying to sit on the rim of my heated birdbath.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top