Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    edited February 2015
    Hey gang, I am back. I know I must have missed alots on DD. I am really really behind reading. And also I know I won't be able to own anything in store. Sadly cause I am behind on points and such! :'( I didn't have any internet since the 17th of Jan.

Edit: @Cogitotoro Your welcome for the gifts. Sorry took a long time to answer.
    @Despina Sorry to hear about your cat, I had a cat long time ago and must of died during the flood we had. I missed him. His name was Diego and he was a good cat! Now I can't be around cats, I am allergic to it real bad! Dogs don't bother me much as the cat.
    Well, Now in the sales so I can get caught up with all the stuffs I need to own and hopefully keep my eyes peels on DD! Have a good day! :) Or Night!
    Post edited by Pugslover4 on
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    edited February 2015
    Pixieydust wrote: »
    This laptop has been giving me issues and I have not beeen able to sim. I had to uninstall so I am going to reinstall and just maybe a few of the expansions instead of all of them. I have no idea what to pick!! I need help figuring that out!!

Any suggestions would be great!! I am soo glad I visited you all to find out about the ads!! Thank you for letting us know!
    Okay on game ideas...
    I used to play families all the time, and loved raising the kids to be the best that they could be and micromanaging entire families with an obsession! If I were still playing families, I'd want Generations and Seasons at the minimum.

These days I tend I prefer a more relaxed game, so I tend to play a single sim testing out the new careers and professions, trying new life forms. I also create short challenges where I control only one sim in a household to the point of achieving their LTW. The other sims can have weird interesting traits that I normally do not use, and aside from the main sim, the others run on autopilot)--which can be hilarious! So if I were limited to just a few games, I would prefer Ambitions, Supernatural (because I'm a Harry Potter/LoTR fan and I want the powers which reside in that realm) and last but not least... University which I have not played in TS3. (I was a huuuuuuuuuuge fan of TS2 University, I loved the challenge aspect of it and the time constraints. I need to find time to compare TS2 vs TS3 Uni).

Now the type of games I play.......
    Some of the ISBI games I plan to play are

* housemates of various supernaturals with traits I normally don't use
    * the household is built to be as an art school or Iron Chef cooking school or yes like the Insane Asylum, which I loved to play
    * the only control I would give the other seven sims, is to direct them to paint or to cook or sculpt, whatever, once a day
    * leave them to live their lives the rest of the day
    * (you get the idea) -- your one sim tries to achieve a life time want and live in the same household

In TS2, I know for a fact that if you had sims with very different personalities, they could paint a given subject with interpretations based on their traits. I wonder if this is so in TS3 as well?

I do like having random animals in my game, but the Pets expansion probably stresses a limited system more? No idea.

Maybe others here have suggestions for expansion packs.
    Anyway, good luck with your machine! Keep getting better!

Post edited by SemaviLady on
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • RadleeRadlee Posts: 483 Member
    @Pugslover4‌ i was just thinking of you; so glad to see you again. i'm sorry to hear you were without internet for a while. ours has been going in and out all day today and it's driving me nuts. i would hate to go without it for a long time. remember our old chant for the mill? maybe if we say "ads" to ourselves we can will them back to the site :)

@Pixieydust‌ i think @SemaviLady‌ hit on some good advice-- either pick the sets that best match the type of game you usually like to play, or pick sets that you haven't really explored too much so you can really see all the content. i know that i still have lots of different things to explore from certain sets-- like i haven't played with aliens from seasons much at all, but i LOVED aliens in ts2. and i still haven't finished exploring all the worlds in WA, or the scuba locations/secret islands/mermaids from IP, or much of the future in ITF.

let us know what you decide to do! and glad to hear you're taking care of yourself and improving.
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    edited February 2015
    SemaviLady wrote: »
    Also wanted to mention that I finally spent some time on a real computer and saved a copy of Jodi's spreadsheet to my google account.

1. There were too many time zones and it really lagged my kindle and netbook... So I edited the file by selecting a string along the top to HIDE the extra time zones.
    I hope this gives some ideas to others who might want to adjust Jodi's awesome spreadsheet. You want to HIDE the timezones you do not need. Do NOT delete the UTC column because it is the actual clock on the spreadsheet. You can hide it but don't kill it.
    I love that you have downloaded the spreadsheet and have customized it. The lime highlighting is great to make those deals you are after stand out.

I just wanted to add that if you have created a copy of the spreadsheet for your own use, you can delete the time zone columns you do not want rather than hide them. This will eliminate lots of formulas and calculations. When I had my own spreadsheet back when I still was stalking the DD, I did not use a UTC column and then a second one for my time zone. Rather, I had one column that was based on the start times in my time zone.

If you do not want a UTC column, you need to adjust the deal start times in column H to be based on your time zone.
    • If you have copied the spreadsheet and are using it online, you can change the time zone of the spreadsheet under File - Spreadsheet settings and select your time zone. (This allows the Date and Now functions to be based on the time in your time zone.)
    • Go to the current deal in the UTC column and click in the H cell of that row.
    • Copy the value and then right click in the same cell, use Paste Special - Paste values only.
    • Adjust the date and time to the deal's start time in your time zone.
    • Delete all the rows above the current deal. For example, if the current deal is in row 6, change the time in H6 from a formula to date and time value. Once you edit the start time to match your time zone, delete rows 3 - 5.
    • Now you can delete all the time zones from column J - X.

Be aware if you do not use the UTC column and the column for your time zone, you will have to make an adjustment for the deal when the time changes from standard to daylight savings or vice versa.

When the current deal gets too far down the list, use the method above to change the time of the current deal to a value and then delete all the rows above leaving the header rows.

One other handy tip: If you make a mistake use CTRL + Z or select the undo arrow on the toolbar.

To further improve the speed of the spreadsheet, delete the other tabs you don't need. However, do not delete Items, Master List and Current Rotation. The other tabs are just extra information to help with DD stalking but are not essential for determining the time a deal will be offered as the Daily Deal.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • J8K9J8K9 Posts: 2,338 Member
    To everyone working on the DD THANK YOU! :D I Got the last part of the wedding stuff!The only time the romanza bridal set is on the DD and I got it! :'( This is a happy tear!I didn't realize how insane I sounded until I became a DD stalker! ;)
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    @J8K9 - I don't think you sound insane, but then again I am a recovered DD stalker. (I have only recovered because there is no new content for me to buy.)
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    Jodi, thanks so much for the tips. :persevere::heart:
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Radlee wrote: »
    @Pixieydust‌ so good to see you again! very pleased to hear you are feeling better. i hope you continue to improve-- but don't push yourself too hard! i had 3 bouts of pneumonia last year, in part, i think, because i kept pushing myself after my initial recovery. it really does take a long time for your lungs to heal! sending get-well vibes your way :)

also, hello to everyone! hope your week is starting out nicely. :)

ETA: i, too, hope the ads come back soon. i passed up a good MMAO today because i need to be sure i have enough sp for some upcoming daily deals

@Radlee, I am so sorry you had three bouts of this!! Wow!! I am really taking it easy. I seem to be doing well without the oxygen but last night had to use my walker to get around due to the side effets of the singulair tablet. I still have about 10 days of that. I will be talking to my dr about that and everything else. I do not go out muh so I will probably be okay with not being sik again. I had not had a cold even for 2 years lol!!

This laptop has been giving me issues and I have not beeen able to sim. I had to uninstall so I am going to reinstall and just maybe a few of the expansions instead of all of them. I have no idea what to pick!! I need help figuring that out!!

Any suggestions would be great!! I am soo glad I visited you all to find out about the ads!! Thank you for letting us know!

Glad to see you back and I know it is hard picking what to keep in and what to leave out of the laptop. I've read that Pets Expansion puts a awful load on the game especially if it is not a maxed out puter...mine isn't maxed out by any means. You might be able to google or check wiki for which ones really stress a puter. I think I read some of the info on the Nraas mod site.

• NonsequitorianNonsequitorian Posts: 264 Member

Okay on game ideas...
    I used to play families all the time, and loved raising the kids to be the best that they could be and micromanaging entire families with an obsession! If I were still playing families, I'd want Generations and Seasons at the minimum.

These days I tend I prefer a more relaxed game, so I tend to play a single sim testing out the new careers and professions, trying new life forms. I also create short challenges where I control only one sim in a household to the point of achieving their LTW. The other sims can have weird interesting traits that I normally do not use, and aside from the main sim, the others run on autopilot)--which can be hilarious! So if I were limited to just a few games, I would prefer Ambitions, Supernatural (because I'm a Harry Potter/LoTR fan and I want the powers which reside in that realm) and last but not least... University which I have not played in TS3. (I was a huuuuuuuuuuge fan of TS2 University, I loved the challenge aspect of it and the time constraints. I need to find time to compare TS2 vs TS3 Uni).

Now the type of games I play.......
    Some of the ISBI games I plan to play are

* housemates of various supernaturals with traits I normally don't use
    * the household is built to be as an art school or Iron Chef cooking school or yes like the Insane Asylum, which I loved to play
    * the only control I would give the other seven sims, is to direct them to paint or to cook or sculpt, whatever, once a day
    * leave them to live their lives the rest of the day
    * (you get the idea) -- your one sim tries to achieve a life time want and live in the same household

In TS2, I know for a fact that if you had sims with very different personalities, they could paint a given subject with interpretations based on their traits. I wonder if this is so in TS3 as well?

I do like having random animals in my game, but the Pets expansion probably stresses a limited system more? No idea.

Maybe others here have suggestions for expansion packs.
    Anyway, good luck with your machine! Keep getting better!

You have some great ideas here that I want to try out! Thank you for this. I don't have Generations. I couldn't see what it added in terms of gameplay. What do you like about Generations that it is on your must-have list for families?
    Remember: Wherever you go...there you are.

One day, my wishlist turned into Own the Store, and there was no more wishlist. How remarkable.
  • SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    So much stuff I still want and yet the simpoints keep disappearing on me without me buying. :(
  • Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    @Pugslover4‌ i was just thinking of you; so glad to see you again. i'm sorry to hear you were without internet for a while. ours has been going in and out all day today and it's driving me nuts. i would hate to go without it for a long time. remember our old chant for the mill? maybe if we say "ads" to ourselves we can will them back to the site :)

@Pixieydust‌ i think @SemaviLady‌ hit on some good advice-- either pick the sets that best match the type of game you usually like to play, or pick sets that you haven't really explored too much so you can really see all the content. i know that i still have lots of different things to explore from certain sets-- like i haven't played with aliens from seasons much at all, but i LOVED aliens in ts2. and i still haven't finished exploring all the worlds in WA, or the scuba locations/secret islands/mermaids from IP, or much of the future in ITF.

let us know what you decide to do! and glad to hear you're taking care of yourself and improving.

Let us chant for Ads Ads Ads! LOL! I didn't want to spend all that Wedding of Romanza, I got Live, Laugh and Love! I need to see where I left off on from yesterday for DD lists! :)

9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    edited February 2015

Lol @Radlee I swear you and I are always on the same wavelength...after catching up on the posts, everything I want to comment on you beat me too it and always say what I wanted to say (albeit much more articulately than I ever could ;) ) so too everyone that Radlee commented to, ditto for me! :D

Edited: I can see this weeks Sale items on my phone, but on my PC it still shows last weeks! Anyone else experiencing this? I've tried refreshing and it's still the table and tennis dress at the top! In case anyone can't see this week's deals I've updated the items on the Weekly Sales Page thread but haven't had a chance to highlight the repeat deals yet.

Edited Again: I just finished updating the Weekly Sales Page thread re: repeat deals and noticed that my PC is finally showing this week's deals...so strange :neutral_face:
    Post edited by simgeek79 on
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    I can't even get the sales or DD page to load. I keep getting Liamed!
  • SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    Does anyone know why my sim can't interact when she goes to China. She does fine at home and the other sims from family can interact with one another. Ugh I am so tired of these glitches.
  • melaniet1020melaniet1020 Posts: 394 Member
    I don't know if it's been mentioned or not, but there is a Sims 3 sale going on at Origin. :smiley:
    Happy Simming!! :)
  • AletaAleta Posts: 119 Member
    This is off topic, but I'll ask here anyway: PC players: What system do you use?

Apparently a modern PC is no longer compatible with XP - my favourite PC OS. When I googled I saw some people claiming that water didn't render in Windows 8, and that there were countless of other serious glitches. On the other hand; I remember Windows 7 to be a very hated and unstable OS, so choosing Windows 7 might interfere with my plan to actually work on that PC as well.

Any good advice?
  • frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    @Aleta I typed out a response to this but it was eaten by the "waiting for approval" system so I doubt it will ever show up lol. Basically I like 7 and don't have any complaints. Vista is the one I remember being hated.
  • AletaAleta Posts: 119 Member
    edited February 2015
    @Aleta I typed out a response to this but it was eaten by the "waiting for approval" system so I doubt it will ever show up lol. Basically I like 7 and don't have any complaints. Vista is the one I remember being hated.

Thanks, I might have mixed those up, as I'm mostly a Mac-person. :)

(Edit: And XP very much resembles Mac OS9...)
  • Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    I liked XP the best as well. Unfortunately, it's too old and no longer supported. Vista absolutely sucked! I don't really like Windows 8 either (mostly because it's so hard to find what you're looking for). From what I've read, most people were satisfied with Windows 7, but it's almost impossible to find if you want to buy it (and most computers automatically come with Windows 8).
  • PixieydustPixieydust Posts: 705 Member
    @semavilady and everyone else, thank you so for all the ideas!! This laptop is able to run everything pretty okay it is just with windows and nothing else loaded on here I have about 70 or so gigs left on the tiny hard drive. I would love to be able to play this from my external hard drive but folks have said it would not run well. Too bad that one is a tetra or whatever its called!! LOL

I hope you all are having a good day!! I saw the doctor and he said it was okay for me to not use oxygen during the day or the nebulizer so yay!! I just have about 9 days of the singulair and all done!! Yay!! I am still tired but nowhere near how I was before!! Thank you all for your thoughts. I really have missed you all a ton.
  • KSkywalker4571KSkywalker4571 Posts: 413 Member
    edited February 2015
    Does anyone know why my sim can't interact when she goes to China. She does fine at home and the other sims from family can interact with one another. Ugh I am so tired of these glitches.

I'm assuming you are playing the same save for the last month? It's very sad, but It sounds like your game is beyond help. :( I've had to start over many many times, it just isn't worth trying to save a totally corrupt game.

Try renaming the current Sims 3 file and a new one will be generated when you start the game. If the new one behaves properly, you will know for sure that old one was corrupt.
    1/16/2015 I own the Store! :o:D
    @‌‌Nonsequitorian wrote - You have some great ideas here that I want to try out! Thank you for this. I don't have Generations. I couldn't see what it added in terms of gameplay. What do you like about Generations that it is on your must-have list for families?[/quote]

I think I have more imagination than free time! Thanks for the buffs. I played most of my families before Generations came out but that EP is very family oriented with kids and teens doing what kids and teens do. Pranking the household, going to Prom, having imaginary friends, and other interesting family interactions. A Day Care job is possible now, and on the other end of the scale, you can send your kids off to private school and maybe concentrate more on your career? As I recall several years ago, Generations also came with wee additions in the form of some of the enchanted garden gnomes being given multiple life stages as well as a deceased form! Since I have all the games I do not know if nonGenerations games also have aging gnomes?

I'm no expert on Generations but I often refer to Carl's guides for the basics.
    http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/generations/

Have a wonderful time with your game!
    I don't know if it's been mentioned or not, but there is a Sims 3 sale going on at Origin. :smiley:
    Oh, very nice! I normally don't check Origin til the evening.
    The website is accessible from other devices. Prices are great if you need to catch up your expansions!
    https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/deals/sale/thesimscelebration

It is also the better deal to get if you want Dragon Valley or the dragons themselves because unlike the store standard version, the dlc version (and disk versions) come with Celtic lands. (I've been playing DV recently and have really come to love it due to my love of LoTR lore/lifestyle)

edited February 2015
    I am not sure why you have so many problems with your game and even the settings for the lots, like households being 'seasonal', and so on.

I think your best bet is to do a lot of new names for your saves (eg, SAVE AS, and give new names). That way you can totally Abandon Ship when your game is toasted, and find an older playable save when you want to restore functionality. I also suggest that you run Error Trap and Overwatch from NRAAS.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/How+To+Install

So sorry about your game. :(

Post edited by SemaviLady on
  • p-para-Xylenep-para-Xylene Posts: 230 Member
    edited February 2015
    Sims 3 sale at Origin.
    The website is accessible from other devices. Prices are great if you need to catch up your expansions!
    https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/deals/sale/thesimscelebration
    The "Worlds" bundle is on sale for half price ($9.99 US/Cnd), which includes Hidden Springs (with Fountain of Youth) and Monte Vista (with Wood Fire Oven) and code for Chocolate Fountain.
    So if you were thinking about Monte Vista, make sure to buy Worlds bundle for same price.
    It's Sims 3 anniversary sale, on to Feb 13.
    Wish list free since 2015-02-23
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top