March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Yay, and congrats to placing first @SoulGal7! Big congrats to all you others too @Valuzza90 @jhgkjhgkjh , @FidgetyAtom and @lisabee2!!
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,302 Member
    Woot Woot. :) Congrats to @SoulGal7, @Valuzza90, @jhgkjhgkjh , @FidgetyAtom @TresaofPern and @lisabee2 ! Well done!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited April 2018
    EXPERT Results FOR #BNS92 - 50 Shades of Grey

@itguyinsc
    Grayson Heights is a stunning modern monochrome home! The architecture is wonderful and the different heights make for great interest. The use of the roof awnings to break up the front and side is very ingenious and adds shade to the outside areas. Your landscaping is amazing, The use of the dividers as interest and your plant choices work incredibly well to cement that modern style. Your interior layout is brilliant, the build has a really great flow to it, and you did a great job with MOO throughout the home, but I especially liked the fireplace and seating area, so cosy even with the stark colour scheme. Having the master bedroom looking out over the family room is just great!

Suggestions: The garden feels very exposed, I understand that this was a small lot, but some kind of barrier between the road and the pool area would have given the Grey’s a little privacy. The slanted roof over the extended window bay on the left side feels a little out of place, perhaps a more defined trim would have helped it fit in better? There were a couple of very definite pops of colour that felt out of place, the bag in the wardrobe in the guest bedroom, the blue toilet in the master bedroom, and the refrigerator interior.

@gmcrozier
    407 Grey Street is almost a work of art! That front entryway is just amazing, great use of different floor tiles. The plants you have used, both inside and out perfectly fit the aesthetic you have gone for. Your layout works well, and you have made some ingenious use of space to fit that second full bathroom in. Great job on fitting a garage in, and making it a multi-use space was perfect for this challenge. And using those windows as garage doors - <3. You did a really great job with the monochrome brief!

Suggestions: The rear of the exterior feels very exposed, I wonder if you had used the same dividers that you utilised around the pool if this would have given some much-needed privacy. The only pop of colour I saw (and this is me being picky, for picky’s sake) is that frosted blue shower screen door in the main bathroom.

@Ainsleyf
    Black and White looks truly European, you have a great blend of architectural styles going on! Your roofline is gorgeous and I love those dormers. Your landscaping feels in keeping with the rest of the build, those little planter areas with the lupins made with the small half wall is such a great touch. The layout is well thought out and you’ve made some really interesting object choices throughout. You've made some great choices with the wall treatments as well, I really like how you used the stone with the tree paper in the second office.

Suggestions: The awning for the outside table seems to have a pole going through it, this feels really quite jarring. The outside areas feel very exposed, some fencing or even wall dividers to add just a little privacy might have been a good idea. There are a few areas of colour that look a little out of place, the books in the bookcase in the office, the bath caddies and in the laundry room. When taking screenshots with sims in, it is a good idea to use the *headline effect off* cheat, or the plumbobs can be a bit of a distraction.

@kilra0
    Living in the grey area is such a lovely modern home. The architecture is amazingly well put together, the half walls and exterior trims really add interest to the exterior. You made some great choices re windows and doors accent the modern style. Your landscaping is amazing, using taller plants, trees and that sculpture to add a modicum of privacy to the backyard. The hidden bookshelf door to the downstairs bathroom is a wonderful touch of whimsy! Your use of MOO throughout this home is nothing short of brilliance, your combinations work so incredibly well. Having the stairs to the basement hidden behind that full wall is another masterstroke, and using those lights to highlight the stairs, fabulous <3. The whole of the layout has a really wonderful sense of flow. Your use of different patterns and materials on the walls and floors is truly inspired, they all fit together so well, but really help add interest to the home.

Suggestions: The kitchen feels very cramped, I’m not sure how that would work with a couple of Sims in and around it.There is a lot of colour in this home, in the kitchen with the spice racks and condiment bottles on the cooking station, the aquarium table in the living room, the red flower, the yellow cushion and the books in the Ottoman in the master bedroom really stand out, as do the plants in the fish tank, although I appreciate the use of the black fish ;).

@pronterus
    Kokuhaku is an architectural masterpiece, your use of slats and columns to add different depths to the exterior walls is sheer genius. Your exterior and landscaping is just wonderful, love the flooring on the driveway and the use of the foot illumination system in the back garden, the plants you chose certainly help cement that modern vibe. Great use of those ‘signs’ to give some privacy around the pool. Your home flows incredibly well and I love the use of the pool as a feature in the basement hallway. You’ve made some really great object choices throughout the build and your placement is truly excellent. So much attention to detail in this build, the lighting especially.

Suggestions: There are a number of pops of very subtle colour throughout the home, when you look closely, which detracts from the monochrome style you have worked so hard to achieve. I wonder if leaving those out those clutter items entirely would have made the build much more cohesive, there is certainly enough attention to detail that I don’t think you needed them.

@abelhinha35
    The landscaping of this place is just lovely, the plant choices help mirror the modern design of the home. I love those mirror windows, they give a really cool effect when used on the exterior. I love that entryway fountain area and you made great use of the sculptures to give some privacy around the pool. The use of the greenery in the kitchen is very cool, not something you see very often, but it works really well here. You’ve really gone all out on the monochrome look, so little colour to see anywhere and it looks awesome! Your object choices and placement are fantastic, I love that master ensuite, so opulent.Your balconies are lovely additions.

Suggestions: It would have been good to see a curbside view of the whole home, I don’t feel we got a good look at the whole of the architecture, which makes it very difficult to comment on. Some sort of pathway leading away from the exterior bin would have helped t feel more like part of the build, it feels like a bit of an afterthought as it is.That fountain on the balcony feels very traditional in a very modern build, a little out of place?! I wonder what a more modern piece would have looked like?

@masajo
    50 Shades of Grey belongs in a museum it’s a total work of art! The wall treatments you’ve used outside really help to give a feeling of different depths, as do those half wall sections and the lighting strips. Your landscaping is superb, the ordered neatness of those hedges and slabs is so precise it fits perfectly with the architecture. The hedging you have used helps gives privacy in the backyard as well. Your outdoor spaces are so inviting and welcoming, I especially like the little stools around the square table, lovely! Moving onto the interior, the layout works really well, I love how you have some of the furniture angled. You have made some outstanding object choices considering the brief, I struggled to find a single pop of colour throughout the build!

Suggestions:: I have none, this place is amazing!! I can’t see anything I would change.

@mannanna
    This is such a cool building!! Love the different roofing levels, they really add interest to the build, as do the different exterior textures you have used. Your landscaping is perfect, understated and muted, just like the rest of the build. That tiny jacuzzi pool is inspired!! And so well hidden from prying eyes, you did a great job there. Your outdoor living spaces are fabulous also, those chairs and the candle on the decking, with the fern, just adorable! Your interior layout is fabulous, and your flooring and interior choices are fantastic, I love how the tile gives way to wood on the ground floor. Your use of MOO is genius, love those plants on top of the lockers, the wall decor above the fireplace, oh and the shelving behind the bar!!! Great idea including a herb garden.

Suggestions: I truly don’t know what I would even think about changing in this build, it is epically good!.

@PV13
    Wow, this place sure has curb appeal!! The numbering on the front there is a genius addition!! The siding looks so crisp and modern with those door and window choices and the roof trim! Speaking of the roof, the roof lines are fantastic on this build, so very modern and well executed. Your landscaping is lovely, so lush and verdant, the way you used those planter boxes throughout the build is fabulous, really adds a cohesiveness to the whole place. The use of the stone on the laundry building is a great contrast to the sleek siding. Your outdoor living spaces are amazing, and I love the use of the wooden beams to add a little shade. Moving inside, your layout has a great flow, you have made some wonderful object choices, given the brief, and your placement is fabulous as well! I struggled to find a single pop of colour in the whole build!!

Suggestions: The windows on the right side, with the awning look fab, but I wonder what they would have looked like with a window behind that awning, it think it would have almost looked like the window was open and that would have looked superb. In the yard, with the columns by the pool, it feels a little off balance with the fern coming down at one end and not the other.

@Ninnster
    Ashton Avenue is a stunning piece of architecture, for someone who says they are learning to do modern, I think you can say you’re already there!! The different levels and exterior paints all contribute to make this place stunning. The columns and shelves you used around the window areas looks amazing btw. Your use of fences, doors and windows is fabulous, your placement of those windows especially. I adore that front door bell, such an ingenious addition. Your exterior living areas are well thought out, and I like that you’ve given them some privacy back there with the hedge and fence. On to the interiors, your layout works well, it has a good flow to it, I love that half wall between the kitchen and dining area. Also sizing down that coffee table in the living room to make a nest?! Perfect!! Actually, your use of MOO is amazing throughout this build. And I just love those custom prints that you made with the b&w filter, such a cool addition to this build.

Suggestions: The use of the brown terrain paint feels a little off to me in a B&W build, perhaps some sand or pebbles would have fitted the brief better? I think a handrail on the stairs might have been a good ideal. Your meditation stool feels a little lonesome out on its own with no pathway to it. The only place I can see colour is in the bookcases in the office.

@AIRIS6962
    Ébano y Marfil is a lovely home! Your roofline is lovely! The use of the darker wall treatments to signify columns is a great idea! Your window placement is great helps create that modern vibe. Your layout is well thought out, the home has a great flow to it, and you have made some really great object choices given the brief. You made real use of different wall treatments to add interest to the interior. Your object placement is fabulous, and I love the curtains you used in the master bedroom.

Suggestions: The roofline feels very traditional for a modern brief, perhaps a variation with different angled sloped roofs would have given it a more contemporary feel? Your backyard feels incredibly exposed, I think the Grey’s would have appreciated some privacy out there. Be careful with your pictures, the lighting feels ‘off’ in some of the shots, making things look more blue than grey. A few more pictures might have helped get a better sense of the build as well, I felt like we didn’t get to see everything.

THIRD PLACE goes to......
    @Ninnster

SECOND PLACE goes to.....
    @PV13

FIRST PLACE goes to......
    @masajo and @mannanna

I just could not find fault in either of these amazing homes!!!

3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@Ainsleyf
    Your version of the Grey’s look fabulous, I love that you played them a while, and your pics of them around and about their new home look wonderful. Great traits and aspirations, the fabulously wealthy one for Reggie is inspired!

@CaramelLibra29
    Reggie and Hannah look awesome, you’ve taken some great shots of them around their new home. I would have liked you to put a bit about their traits and aspirations here, but from the gallery, I see they are both foodies, excellent choice! And their outfits look lovely.

The winner is @Ainsleyf

3gHHX7s.png

Room Challenge

@mannanna
    Your bedroom is stunning!! You've fitted a lot into a relatively small space and your use of MOO is fabulous. I especially like that waterfall behind the fire. Your rug placement is wonderful as well, great job!

The winner is @mannanna

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    edited April 2018
    Congrats to @masajo @mannanna @PV13 & @Ninnster fabulous houses <3

@BuildnShare thank you for the feedback I'm totally with you :D
  • Laireen35Laireen35 Posts: 47 Member
    Whau! Amazing builds this time round. And as usual, great feedback! Thank you for placing me second on this challenge <3
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    All around amazing. I could learn a lot from these builders :) Congrats to all! @Ninnster @PV13 and the Winners @masajo and @mannanna !! You guys really deserve it :D:D
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Oh my! Big congrats to @mannanna and @masajo :heart: You guys did an awesome job and set the bar as high as you could! :blush: Congrats to @PV13, second place is an awesome achievement!

As for myself, I am surprised and a little shocked to have snagged a 3rd place :blush: When I submitted the build I had a gut feeling I had missed something. I did far better than expected, and I very much appreciate the kind comments you gave me @BuildnShare on my MOO use and the floor plan. I spend a lot of time thinking of floor plans actually, so that means a lot :heart:

It's funny I didn't even think of the brown terrain paint! It's just ingrained in me to add that now :joy: Hindsight man.. I tell ya! haha

Thank you very much for the feedback guys! I always strive to improve, as I believe one can never be done learning new things :wink:

@kilra0 and @FidgetyAtom Thank you very much for the congrats :blush:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,988 Member
    Wow, what a fantastic surprise! Many thanks to you all for your kind congrats and big thanks @BuildnShare for your wonderful words, always very much appreciated :) Congratulations @mannanna @PV13 @Ninnster awesome builds :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    Congrats to @masajo @mannanna @PV13 & @Ninnster well done! @BuildnShare thank you for the feedback.
  • jhgkjhgkjhjhgkjhgkjh Posts: 256 Member
    Congrats to @masajo @mannanna @PV13 & @Ninnster! Great creations and really creative!
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
    Gallery ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    Kinda wish each persons paragraph had their house linked so I could see it again as it's critiqued xD Perhaps I can save all the links in a note or something... hmmmm
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Congrats to all .. esp to the winners. I loved all the build I saw this round!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    Congratulations to all winners and placers. <3 Great entries everyone. Thanks for the feedback @BuildnShare :)
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

Fabulous work everyone!
    Congrats to the winners! :smiley:
    Thank you very much for your fantastic feedback @BuildnShare !
    edited April 2018
    ESTABLISHED Results FOR #BNS92 - 50 Shades of Grey

@avimileth
    This is a very nice looking modern home from the front. Great job on some clean and crisp landscaping to go with the modern look. Thanks for providing overhead shots - that really helps us get a feel for your total layout. I love the black and white master bath - very chic. The triptych painting behind the master bed is a nice touch. I love the geometric wallpaper print in the office area. The little seating area with bookshelf and chess table near the entry are nicely done. Very functional backyard area with pool and bar. Your sims will love spending time out here!

Suggestions: Is the sunken dining room open to the outdoors? Large windows here instead of arches would be more realistic. Does imgbb have the option to make a slideshow? The preview pictures are cropped, and you have to click on each image to show it full sized. (A slideshow would make it easier on your judges ;) )

@FidgetyAtom
    What a sleek and modern building you’ve created with The Frosted Onyx! I love the very precise front landscaping beds. Great job on creating visual interest on the front of the house. Is that an enlarged door frame/arch on the front? Very creative! The contrasting black and white textures on the exterior are also nicely done. The pool and back patio area are fantastic. I love the Zen decal on the bottom of the pool. Cute outdoor fireplace. Great job with your décor items to give a tiny hint of green and break up all the black and white. Love the serene master suite and outdoor yoga area!

Suggestions: The ornate bench on the upstairs balcony and the guest room furnishings were a little out of step with an otherwise very cohesive exterior/interior design.

@glen1974 **
    Wow – Homogenous Habitat has fantastic curb appeal. The shape of the building and the windows you’ve chosen almost make it look like a stately ship sailing through the neighborhood. I can see the art deco influence. Great job on clean, sophisticated landscaping. The curved, wraparound terraces are lovely. The basement kitchen with view into the pool is fantastic. Gorgeous rooftop spa and cabana. The pool and rear patio area are amazing. Your interiors are impeccable. The shot of the living room is particularly well-composed and looks like a shot from a design magazine! Those clear dining room chairs are my new favorite thing. How did I not know we had those in the game?

Suggestions: I honestly can’t think of one thing to add. It’s gorgeous through and through.

@hanbam
    Blackstone Tower is the perfect name for this build! Oh, my – who wouldn’t want to hang out around this gorgeous pool? I love all the seating options. The area is perfectly designed and landscaped. The pool that wraps right up to the walls of the house if nicely done. I love the expansive windows that let you see right from the kitchen through the living room and out to the pool area. Thanks for providing such detailed captions on your slideshow. It really helps us when judging :smile: The rooftop exercise area off the home office is a fun surprise.

Suggestions: The style of your house is more modern, while the frieze you used is more traditional. There might have been a sleeker option to use here. Have a look at the Showcasing your Lots guide for tips on how to avoid “fishbowled” pictures.

@jhgkjhgkjh
    Wow – A Matter of Gray certainly has an impactful presence! The curved roof portion and stacked windows lend an almost Miami/art deco feel to the architecture. I thought at first the tall rectangular part was made of walls, but it must be and very enlarged object? Creative! Great job keeping to the black/white design requirement. I love the kitchen with its sleek and modern design. The back patio is lovely. I really like the contrast of brick and plaster walls in the guest room. The office loft is very sweet.

Suggestions: I’m not sure if it was the lighting, but some of the bedroom furnishings looked more cream than white or grey. If they were actually white/grey, choosing a cooler light color (more blue) would show this to greater effect. The wildflowers on the side of the lot detracted from your otherwise sleek landscaping a bit.

@JosieAnglin
    I love the landscaping on this lot! It goes perfectly with the clean, modern lines of the house. I like the contrast of the light and dark grey sidings and the inset front doorway. Great job combining diagonal rooms! I like the use of ½ and ¼ walls to create varying heights in the architecture. I like the “green roof” and the vine trellises out back. What a gorgeous pool area! Cute little guest room, and a nice master suite. The kitchen is very nicely done. You have a nice amount of décor objects overall that makes the home realistic without being overcluttered.

Suggestions:
    I did see a bit of color (and wood tones) here and there but not too much – good job. Label your pictures to give us a better idea of what we’re looking at. I didn’t really understand the small patio portion that was glassed off from the rest of the back patio. I also think you could have gone without the interior ½ wall topped with blue.

@KojiK
    Opalescent Gray has a charming exterior. I love the roofline, and the many windows. Nice landscaping that goes well with the style of the build. I love the little 2nd story balcony with flowerbox. Great open floorplan downstairs. Nice living area with plenty of seating. I love the kitchen with counter seating. Great backsplash choice. Love the back patio and pool. The flooring choice out here is very nice and goes well with your siding choices. The master suite is very elegant. Great job on the bathroom with double vanities.

Suggestions:: This is a very nicely done build overall, but I’m afraid the Greys will be a little disappointed with the amount of color that’s been included. I feel like your design could have been a bit more cohesive throughout (I saw a mix of rustic, traditional, modern & elegant). Narrowing it down a bit would make a big design impact.

@maryjane2joe
    The Essence of Grey has such an interesting shape! Great use of the diagonal roof pieces and foundations. Lovely fountain out front. Good use of MOO to create the rock-lined portion. I love the layout of the master bedroom and the use of the divider to separate the bed from the sitting area. Nice guest room – I like the layering of rugs. Interesting use of curtains as wall art throughout. I like the living room and office area. Interesting dining built-in dining solution! Great pool and backyard grilling area. Overall, you did a great job of sticking to the black/white/grey palette requested by the clients.

Suggestions: Be mindful of choosing elements that create a cohesive design. I feel like this build bounces between sleekly modern in some areas and more luxurious/opulent in others. I think the tall windows give enough visual interest that wall art isn’t really necessary on top of them (as in the guest bedroom).

@Pallystyle The shape of this house is very Scandinavian in impression. I love the high row of windows on the front, and the geometric windows on the ground level. Nice, minimalist landscaping with the hedges and white flowers. Great use of wall sculptures to break up the dark paneling. The entry is grand – love the white brick. The sot of the living room with the two chairs in front of the window is fantastic. Great interior design choices. Love the kitchen with its stylish cabinets and geometric wallpaper. The extra bedroom is lovely as is the master. The master bath looks like a serene retreat! Great job sticking with the client’s wish for minimal color. Judicious use of CC throughout.

Suggestions: Roof trim gives a finished look to the house, and I can't tell from the pictures if you used one. Is there a smallish, dark trim that would have finished off this roof?

@SimsIslandheart I love the white flowers out front and the geometric pattern that breaks up the large picture windows. The backyard pool area is lovely. Very nice contrast between the black pool edging, white tile surround and the black tile in the rest of the yard. Great rooftop deck and covered upstairs porch – the bar, seating, greenery and lighting up here are fantastic. The dining room is very pretty. I like the choice of the light walls and table with the dark flooring. Great trip-tych painting. You bring a great balance of black and white in here. Gorgeous master suite. I love the checkerboard flooring and the solid dark-grey bed. Cute study – love that they have their own computer desks right next to each other.

Suggestions: The sides of the house were a little plain. Perhaps a hedge might have added some visual interest here. I would have liked to have seen a little more decoration in the kitchen area. Use “alt” when placing objects so that you can move them slightly off-grid and avoid the issue of objects cutting into each other (like the sofa in the main room and bed in the master suite)

@ShadowFairy74
    Gray’s Black and White has an interesting shape and roofline. Good job on realistically combining your different roof parts. Great choice of windows. I like the brick “columns” on the front. The dark grey brick and white wood siding contrast nicely. I like the fountain out front, and the white flowers. Nice back patio area. I like the sleekness of the kitchen and dining area. The upstairs loft is made cozy with the fireplace & seating area. The pool is compact but will definitely work for the Greys. I like the back patio with grill, dining table and fireplace.

Suggestions: Is there any way to get into the 2nd bedroom? The Tudor-style paneling provides visual interest, but it’s at odds with the modern feel of the rest of the build. Is there a more contemporary option you could have used here? Have a look at the Showcasing Your Lots guide for some tips on how to best show off the details in your build.
    **Please include a full overhead shot of each level of your build.

@SoulGal7 **
    Black and White house has tons of curb appeal! I love the fountain out front and the metal sculpture. Great choice for the front porch lighting. Gorgeous living room. I love the book shelfs used as room dividers. The build is compact but packed with amenities. Great black and white kitchen! What a sweet little guest room – love the floral theme in here. I adore the spa-like master bath. Great job on the master suite. I’m seeing many creative uses of MOO throughout the build. Love the back patio with umbrella table and bar. Great job on the little pool!

Suggestions: I did see a little bit of color creep in here and there, but great job overall. I almost would have liked to have seen you pull back and edit just a bit on the landscaping. It’s gorgeous, but a more streamlined take might have gone with the modern feel of the interiors a bit better.

@swcheppes
    50 Shades of Grey is a cute and compact little home. I love the rooftop deck with the canvas sail coverings. Nice fencing choices. Cute little pool area. I love the plants climbing up the fence in this area. The stone walls inside provide great texture. The kitchen is fantastic. I love your combination of different upper cabinet styles and the walk-in pantry. Lovely master suite. Looking at the rooftop area more closely, I love that you’ve provided an entire outdoor living/entertaining area for your sims. The island with “built-in” BBQ grill is fantastic.

Suggestions: The dark grey fencing and dark grey stone exterior blended into each other a bit. Some contrast in tone here might have been more effective. Are the bedroom and bathroom doors glass? They go with the style of the home, but would be a bit impractical for modest sims.

@TresaofPern
    Good job experimenting with roof options. I like the geometric angles on the windows and doors on the first floor. The kitchen is lovely. Great job with your cabinets and island. I like the china hutch that blends well with the black cabinets. Cute banquette seating in the kitchen area. I like that you’ve left the windows without curtains to let the geometric pieces stand on their own. The master suite is very nicely done.

Suggestions: I do see some light colors in the your choice of stone wall covering and geometric wallpaper. I think the Greys would have preferred something that fit their request a bit more. I’d like to see more attention given to landscaping. Even with a modern build, there are touches you could add that will make outdoor spaces more interesting.

@Wildling
    Gray Eleganza is a very sophisticated, modern build. I love the contrast between the grey brick and the white stucco. I love the interesting shape of the house, and the black wood slats that add detail to the front of the house. Lovely landscaping all around – very fitting for the modern design. Love the small pool and the bar area out back. You’ve done an excellent job sticking to the black/white design inside as well. The decorative objects and furnishings blend well together for a cohesive design. Love the galley kitchen with its large picture window.

Suggestions: The left side of the house could have used a bit more attention. Maybe another rock/plant combo or even a couple of windows?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

@JosieAnglin Room Entry What a gorgeous little bedroom! I love the mirror over the bed, and the ivy “canopy.” Good job keeping to the requested colors.

@SoulGal7 Room Entry This is a lovely bedroom retreat! I love the grey brick on the walls. The selfie pictures over the bed are a nice touch. Love the walk-in closet.

@Valuzza90 Room Entry This a great, modern bedroom with luxurious touches. Love the marble floor and the dressing table.
    ** NOTE An overhead shot and picture from each corner of the room would help us get a better idea of the entire room

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

@JosieAnglin Sim Entry
    The Greys are very stylish and sophisticated. I love the shot of them by the pool and then showing their silly side by taking a selfie. Great choice on their traits.

@lisabee2 Sim Entry
    I love your take on the Greys! I would have liked to have seen what traits you chose for them. Thanks for showing them in all their outfit options. I love Hanna’s black and white hair!

@ShadowFairy74 Sim Entry
    Your Greys are a very handsome couple. I like the traits you’ve chosen for them. I can see them as ambitious yet romantic power couple.

@Valuzza90 Sim Entry
    Great job on the traits you've chosen for the Greys. I love all the romantic snapshots you shared of these lovebirds as well.

WOW - those were 15 great Established BUILD CHALLENGE entries! There were one or two more that I would have liked to have recognized, but there just weren't enough places to go around this time. Without further ado...

FOURTH PLACE goes to......

@JHGKJHGKJH & @FidgetyAtom

THIRD PLACE goes to......

@Soulgal7

SECOND PLACE goes to.....

@Wildling & @Pallystyle

And, that means FIRST PLACE goes to......

@Glen1974

@Glen1974 , you’re welcome to stay in Established for another round if you’d like, but I really think your skills are more suited for the Expert category :)

The ROOM CHALLENGE Winner is....

@SoulGal7

The SIM CHALLENGE Winner is....

@Valuzza90

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited April 2018
    If you've been watching me try to make this post for the last 20 minutes, I'm sure you've been highly entertained! Something was making the entry text disappear at a certain point. I finally narrowed it down to a rogue emoji and conquered it :D
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,209 Member
    Congrats to everyone! :)
    image.png
    Starting Out Results for #BNS92 - 50 Shades of Grey

@AgentJulia

Rindle Rose is a fabulous Colonial build in true traditional style. Excellent choice of windows and doors which, together with the shingles, add to the classic charm. However, the wall textures should have been in the colours stated in the brief and not brown. The chimney at the side provides much interest to the structure and the front porch is a wonderful place to sit and watch the world go by. The high hedging surrounding the rear garden provides privacy here. I really like the layout of this area with the pool patio and bbq dining on the lawn. The pool will look amazing at night, the string of lights will really brighten the water. The modern interiors are a lovely contrast to the exteriors and I love how you've made black and white look cosy and comfortable. Your use of 'moo' is spot on and you've enlarged objects in a way as to not show them being overly big. Sophistication is most definitely key in this house.

Suggestions: The slideshow is what we judge so it's very important to show lots of pictures in order for us to see each and every room at different angles. We also like to see overhead shots with the roof up to check the structure and of each floor to see the layouts. A picture of each elevation is also a good idea. I notice you had a lot of budget left over. Perhaps you could have used some to add curtains to the rooms and perhaps a mat along the front porch to break up the wooden floor.

@lorrie1910

A gorgeous facade to 50 Shades of Grey with the grey brickwork and white contrasting trims and the roof structure looks wonderfully modern. The front pathway is welcoming and the hexagonal swimming pool looks lovely and refreshing. Great interior layout with all rooms easily accessible and decorated with sophistication and style, though I did notice soft shades of blue creeping in. My favourite feature is the design of the rounded kitchen counters, this looks fantastic, provides interest and breaks the room up very nicely.

Suggestions: As we judge primarily on the slideshow it would have been lovely to see more pics. We like to see a few of each room at different angles to get the whole picture. Taking pics with the walls up and grid turned off (unless we have stated otherwise in the brief) is best as we can then see wall textures, hangings, etc. I notice you had a lot of the budget left over. This could have gone towards clutter items, mats, plants, etc indoors to make it feel more 'lived in'. I always consider landscaping a very important part of the build so you could have created different spaces outside. Perhaps a patio for bbq dining or bar and lounge areas for example and maybe added flower beds to enhance the build.

Sim Challenge: Wonderful interpretation of Hannah and Reginald and it was so lovely to see them enjoying their beautiful new home. Great choice of traits and aspirations given the nature of their jobs and Reginald's 'Master Chef' will ensure they eat well with them both being foodies. I really liked the outfits shown but it would have been good to see all their different ones.

@MsLeo

Wow, Shades of Grey has a very impressive entrance with the porch structure, very ritzy and I love the covered balcony on the upper floor. Gorgeous green garden at the front and it's lovely to see you have provided for birdlife. The night shot looks stunning. The modern fenestration is perfect for this style of build and really adds to the glamour. Lovely rear bbq patio with high fencing to provide privacy here. The glitz and glam is in full swing indoors with your choice of furniture and lighting. I love the master bedroom, so spacious and the built in wardrobes are fabulous features either side of the arch to the en-suite.

Suggestions: Please make sure you add the Gallery link to your entry form and also provide the correct hashtag when uploading (this should have been #BnS92 in this instance). Regarding your slideshow we like to see overhead shots with the roof up in order to see the roofline and overheads of each floor for the layouts. Pics of each elevation are always good too. Make sure you follow the brief, I couldn't see an outdoor swimming pool which was a stipulation. My suggestion for the living areas would be to differentiate each space, for example use various types of flooring or perhaps wall dividers or half walls.

@CaramelLibra29

Wow, what a delight to look around 29 Yin Yang Drive. This is a very unique modern structure with so much interest going on at the front. I really didn't know where to look first, amazing! Excellent choice of windows and doors and the contrasting exterior wall textures are perfect. Good to see high fencing around the outdoor pool which provides privacy to this area and the upper balcony is a beautiful place to sit and overlook the surroundings. I was immediately hit with an air of sophistication on entering the foyer, the topiary plants and soft lamps are great touches. The large windows provide lots of light and airiness to the beautiful interiors. The overall design is magnificent, chic and very stylish and I love all the features you have created, particularly the partition wall with the end tables moo'd in. There is certainly an air of romance at each and every corner with soft lighting effects. The master bathroom is absolutely stunning with the double sinks and candles and I love the idea of a his and hers office. The kitchen is very well equipped and the built-in bar looks greatly impressive.

Suggestions: Firstly watch the budget. Unless otherwise stated this is the lot cost plus the Gallery cost. Regarding the slideshow we like to see overhead shots of the site plan with the roof up in order to see the rooflines and overheads of each floor to see the layouts. Pictures of each elevation are always good too. It's particularly important to follow the brief, I did see colour creep into the laundry room! Please consider entering at Established level for any future challenges.

@Bolonkafrauchen

Shades of Gray is a wonderful build with a very interesting roof structure. The canopy above the front door supported by columns is a fabulous feature and the beautiful greenery at the front provides a very welcoming entrance. It's great to see you've used terrain paint to create outdoor areas which look all the more realistic. The outdoor pool looks gorgeous and refreshing and the backyard is perfect for bbq dining. The interior design looks stunning and I love how you've used dividers to separate the living areas. Fantastic idea to provide a basement, the sauna and laundry rooms are great additions to the house. However, I did see some colour creep in to this area! Overall a very beautiful build, full of sophistication and style.

Suggestions: As we judge primarily from the slideshow you present it is important to include many pics. We like to see overhead shots of the site with the roof up and overheads of each floor. This is to see the rooflines and layouts of each floor. I always find it more effective to take shots in live mode and zoom in. I'ts good to see a few pictures of each room/area at different angles. Regarding the build I would have added hedging around the swimming pool to provide privacy to this area.

@lisabee2

B & W Modern House is a wonderful bold and impressive contemporary structure which certainly makes a statement. I really like how you've created the central feature on the facade and the large windows will ensure lots of light indoors. The topiary tree and hedging are very appropriate for the style of this build as are your choices of fencing. Great idea to use high fencing for the poolside patio and upper balcony, this will give much privacy to these areas. The modern interior design is stunning with a fantastic layout. I love the open plan living areas, very chic and stylish. The kitchen design is superb with lots of cupboard space and the central island is perfect for dining. I was also impressed you had created not one but two basements which enabled lots of extra rooms to be created. The 'den' is fantastic with the tv lounge, bar, etc .. like a secret hideaway!

Suggestions: Please title your pics in the slideshow, it makes it easier for us as it's not always clear what's what. I noticed a lack of terrain paint, which isn't a requirement at this level but it always enhances a build in my opinion. A little 'soil' under the hedging, trees and plants makes them look so much more realistic

Room Challenge: Your bedroom is very elegant, minimalist with little frills and fancies, perfect for the modern style. It also has a fabulous art deco feel with your choice of furnishings and decorations. The enlarged mat under the bed really uplifts the room beautifully.

@Zayven

Modern Goth is a very appropriate name for your build, the title was my first impression on seeing this beautiful creation. The black windows and white trims contrast well with the grey brickwork and the unique and interesting roof structure tops the home off very nicely. The front courtyard provides a tranquil and welcoming entrance with your fountain feature, there is just the right amount of greenery here. The pool at the rear is another wonderful feature and a peaceful place to relax. Going inside I was mighty impressed to see how well you had combined chic and stylish modern with gothic, very well coordinated! The open plan design of the living areas works wonderfully well with the layout and the basement provides private guest space. I also really like how you've used the upper landing for office space.

Suggestions: I felt there were too many windows the same and the facade would benefit from a diversion. Perhaps a different window style above the front door would achieve this. Also a little path from the gate to the road would provide a 'bridge' to the house and grass or wild plants here and there along the outside fencing would make the appearance all the more realistic. Finally it would be good if you could label your pics as it's not always clear what's what.

The Winner of this Challenge is ....

@CaramelLibra29

Second place goes to ....

@lisabee2

The Winner of the Sim Challenge is ....

@lorrie1910

The Winner of the Room Challenge is ....

@lisabee2

GArBA5W.jpg
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited April 2018
    Big big congrats to winners @CaramelLibra29 @lorrie1910 @lisabee2 @glen1974 @Valuzza90 @SoulGal7 :heart: Amazing creations you guys!

Congrats to @Wildling @Pallystyle @SoulGal7 @jhgkjhgkjh @FidgetyAtom on your placements!

Wow these judging rounds must have been tough!

@CaramelLibra29 Also, well done on moving up to Established already! :blush:
    @glen1974 Well done moving up to the Expert category! Well deserved :blush:

@lisabee2 Congrats on the second place for your beautiful home! What a wonderful achievement doing so well on both the home and the room challenge!

@SoulGal7 Congrats on doing so well in both the home and the room challenge! That is no small feat!
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
    Congratulations to the winners and placers from the established and starting out categories. Well done. <3
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,988 Member
    Many congratulations to all the Established and Starting Out winners, fantastic work all round :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • jhgkjhgkjhjhgkjhgkjh Posts: 256 Member
    Tahnk you so much for the feedback, @BuildnShare! The colors are actually white and grey and I was suprised that they looked so cream on the pictures - thanks for the suggestion with the lighting! didn't think of it myself.

Congrats to all winners! Great creations! It was a pleasure to participate and a even greater pleasure to see all the wonderful entries. :)
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
    Gallery ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top