March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    Congratulations to everyone that placed! I had a hard time picking favorites myself, you all did a great job!

Thanks @BuildnShare for the feedback. I thought I put a trim on that roof but I may have forgot to redo it when I had to change it. :D
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Just wow! Winning this round came as a total surprise :o ...and I was looking forward to some great suggestions to improve and got none, haha. This made my day :)
    There were some awesome houses this round! Thank you @BuildnShare, I think this house was one of the more fun houses I have ever decorated...and I got the build bug again :)

Big congrats to all the other winners and placers as well! @masajo @PV13 @Ninnster
    @CaramelLibra29 @lorrie1910 @lisabee2 @glen1974 @Valuzza90 @SoulGal7
    @Wildling @Pallystyle @jhgkjhgkjh @FidgetyAtom
    So many great builds!
  • Valuzza90Valuzza90 Posts: 208 Member
    Congratulation to all!!! B)
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    Congratulations to all of the builders! There were a lot of great builds this round and thank you @BuildnShare for the fast results!
  • glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member
    Thank you so much @BuildnShare I'm really thrilled. And a little nervous of doing an expert level entry.
    This was a great competition with all builds truly amazing. Congratulations to all.
  • nineteen80simsnineteen80sims Posts: 28 Member
    Thanks for the feedback @BuildnShare I was running out of money when it came to the back garden and struggled to do much with it! Will definitely improve on how to showcase my lots from now on! :smile:
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Wow...I just saw that I won the sim challenge! Thanks @buildnshare, and thanks for the feedback and the great challenge! I did miss that the column was sticking through my awning, yikes!

Congrats to @Ninnster @PV13 @CaramelLibra29 @lisabee2 @lorrie1910
    @masajo and @mannanna @Glen1974 @SoulGal7 @Valuzza90 @Wildling & @Pallystyle and especially to @Glen1974 for the bump up!! Yay!!
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,624 Member
    @BuildnShare - thank you so much for the comments on my Black and White House build. And I was so thrilled to see that I was third in the rankings for this house -- super happy, and won 1st in the room challenge. Thank you so much! Congrats to everyone who won and did builds & sims for the Black & White Challenge.
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Starting Out Results for #BNS92 - 50 Shades of Grey

@AgentJulia

Rindle Rose is a fabulous Colonial build in true traditional style. Excellent choice of windows and doors which, together with the shingles, add to the classic charm. However, the wall textures should have been in the colours stated in the brief and not brown. The chimney at the side provides much interest to the structure and the front porch is a wonderful place to sit and watch the world go by. The high hedging surrounding the rear garden provides privacy here. I really like the layout of this area with the pool patio and bbq dining on the lawn. The pool will look amazing at night, the string of lights will really brighten the water. The modern interiors are a lovely contrast to the exteriors and I love how you've made black and white look cosy and comfortable. Your use of 'moo' is spot on and you've enlarged objects in a way as to not show them being overly big. Sophistication is most definitely key in this house.

Suggestions: The slideshow is what we judge so it's very important to show lots of pictures in order for us to see each and every room at different angles. We also like to see overhead shots with the roof up to check the structure and of each floor to see the layouts. A picture of each elevation is also a good idea. I notice you had a lot of budget left over. Perhaps you could have used some to add curtains to the rooms and perhaps a mat along the front porch to break up the wooden floor.

@lorrie1910

A gorgeous facade to 50 Shades of Grey with the grey brickwork and white contrasting trims and the roof structure looks wonderfully modern. The front pathway is welcoming and the hexagonal swimming pool looks lovely and refreshing. Great interior layout with all rooms easily accessible and decorated with sophistication and style, though I did notice soft shades of blue creeping in. My favourite feature is the design of the rounded kitchen counters, this looks fantastic, provides interest and breaks the room up very nicely.

Suggestions: As we judge primarily on the slideshow it would have been lovely to see more pics. We like to see a few of each room at different angles to get the whole picture. Taking pics with the walls up and grid turned off (unless we have stated otherwise in the brief) is best as we can then see wall textures, hangings, etc. I notice you had a lot of the budget left over. This could have gone towards clutter items, mats, plants, etc indoors to make it feel more 'lived in'. I always consider landscaping a very important part of the build so you could have created different spaces outside. Perhaps a patio for bbq dining or bar and lounge areas for example and maybe added flower beds to enhance the build.

Sim Challenge: Wonderful interpretation of Hannah and Reginald and it was so lovely to see them enjoying their beautiful new home. Great choice of traits and aspirations given the nature of their jobs and Reginald's 'Master Chef' will ensure they eat well with them both being foodies. I really liked the outfits shown but it would have been good to see all their different ones.

@MsLeo

Wow, Shades of Grey has a very impressive entrance with the porch structure, very ritzy and I love the covered balcony on the upper floor. Gorgeous green garden at the front and it's lovely to see you have provided for birdlife. The night shot looks stunning. The modern fenestration is perfect for this style of build and really adds to the glamour. Lovely rear bbq patio with high fencing to provide privacy here. The glitz and glam is in full swing indoors with your choice of furniture and lighting. I love the master bedroom, so spacious and the built in wardrobes are fabulous features either side of the arch to the en-suite.

Suggestions: Please make sure you add the Gallery link to your entry form and also provide the correct hashtag when uploading (this should have been #BnS92 in this instance). Regarding your slideshow we like to see overhead shots with the roof up in order to see the roofline and overheads of each floor for the layouts. Pics of each elevation are always good too. Make sure you follow the brief, I couldn't see an outdoor swimming pool which was a stipulation. My suggestion for the living areas would be to differentiate each space, for example use various types of flooring or perhaps wall dividers or half walls.

@CaramelLibra29

Wow, what a delight to look around 29 Yin Yang Drive. This is a very unique modern structure with so much interest going on at the front. I really didn't know where to look first, amazing! Excellent choice of windows and doors and the contrasting exterior wall textures are perfect. Good to see high fencing around the outdoor pool which provides privacy to this area and the upper balcony is a beautiful place to sit and overlook the surroundings. I was immediately hit with an air of sophistication on entering the foyer, the topiary plants and soft lamps are great touches. The large windows provide lots of light and airiness to the beautiful interiors. The overall design is magnificent, chic and very stylish and I love all the features you have created, particularly the partition wall with the end tables moo'd in. There is certainly an air of romance at each and every corner with soft lighting effects. The master bathroom is absolutely stunning with the double sinks and candles and I love the idea of a his and hers office. The kitchen is very well equipped and the built-in bar looks greatly impressive.

Suggestions: Firstly watch the budget. Unless otherwise stated this is the lot cost plus the Gallery cost. Regarding the slideshow we like to see overhead shots of the site plan with the roof up in order to see the rooflines and overheads of each floor to see the layouts. Pictures of each elevation are always good too. It's particularly important to follow the brief, I did see colour creep into the laundry room! Please consider entering at Established level for any future challenges.

@Bolonkafrauchen

Shades of Gray is a wonderful build with a very interesting roof structure. The canopy above the front door supported by columns is a fabulous feature and the beautiful greenery at the front provides a very welcoming entrance. It's great to see you've used terrain paint to create outdoor areas which look all the more realistic. The outdoor pool looks gorgeous and refreshing and the backyard is perfect for bbq dining. The interior design looks stunning and I love how you've used dividers to separate the living areas. Fantastic idea to provide a basement, the sauna and laundry rooms are great additions to the house. However, I did see some colour creep in to this area! Overall a very beautiful build, full of sophistication and style.

Suggestions: As we judge primarily from the slideshow you present it is important to include many pics. We like to see overhead shots of the site with the roof up and overheads of each floor. This is to see the rooflines and layouts of each floor. I always find it more effective to take shots in live mode and zoom in. I'ts good to see a few pictures of each room/area at different angles. Regarding the build I would have added hedging around the swimming pool to provide privacy to this area.

@lisabee2

B & W Modern House is a wonderful bold and impressive contemporary structure which certainly makes a statement. I really like how you've created the central feature on the facade and the large windows will ensure lots of light indoors. The topiary tree and hedging are very appropriate for the style of this build as are your choices of fencing. Great idea to use high fencing for the poolside patio and upper balcony, this will give much privacy to these areas. The modern interior design is stunning with a fantastic layout. I love the open plan living areas, very chic and stylish. The kitchen design is superb with lots of cupboard space and the central island is perfect for dining. I was also impressed you had created not one but two basements which enabled lots of extra rooms to be created. The 'den' is fantastic with the tv lounge, bar, etc .. like a secret hideaway!

Suggestions: Please title your pics in the slideshow, it makes it easier for us as it's not always clear what's what. I noticed a lack of terrain paint, which isn't a requirement at this level but it always enhances a build in my opinion. A little 'soil' under the hedging, trees and plants makes them look so much more realistic

Room Challenge: Your bedroom is very elegant, minimalist with little frills and fancies, perfect for the modern style. It also has a fabulous art deco feel with your choice of furnishings and decorations. The enlarged mat under the bed really uplifts the room beautifully.

@Zayven

Modern Goth is a very appropriate name for your build, the title was my first impression on seeing this beautiful creation. The black windows and white trims contrast well with the grey brickwork and the unique and interesting roof structure tops the home off very nicely. The front courtyard provides a tranquil and welcoming entrance with your fountain feature, there is just the right amount of greenery here. The pool at the rear is another wonderful feature and a peaceful place to relax. Going inside I was mighty impressed to see how well you had combined chic and stylish modern with gothic, very well coordinated! The open plan design of the living areas works wonderfully well with the layout and the basement provides private guest space. I also really like how you've used the upper landing for office space.

Suggestions: I felt there were too many windows the same and the facade would benefit from a diversion. Perhaps a different window style above the front door would achieve this. Also a little path from the gate to the road would provide a 'bridge' to the house and grass or wild plants here and there along the outside fencing would make the appearance all the more realistic. Finally it would be good if you could label your pics as it's not always clear what's what.

The Winner of this Challenge is ....

@CaramelLibra29

Second place goes to ....

@lisabee2

The Winner of the Sim Challenge is ....

@lorrie1910

The Winner of the Room Challenge is ....

@lisabee2

WOW I just saw this .. TY Judges .. I am honored <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited May 2018
    bhaXpM1.png
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR #BNS93 - THE AGE OF AQUARIUS

@itguyinsc
    Peace and Love is such a vibrant lot, you did a great job with the brief. Your different areas feel different enough that I recognise them as such, but as you’ve used similar materials and textures, it still feels really cohesive, not an easy feat! Your roofing adds so much interest to the lot. Your landscaping is lovely, so natural and I adore that stream you have running through the lot, using the stone fence as the bridge is a great idea. Your galley kitchen is great, I actually think just going with a barbecue is incredibly brave, but perfect in this instance. I also love how you’ve MOO’ed those benches together in the dining gazebo. And that treehouse :heart: Great thinking using mainly candlelight throughout the areas.

Suggestions
    The boardwalk around your natural areas looks great, but don’t forget you can use ‘ctrl f’ to get quarter tiles, then you can make 90 degree turns in your wood flooring. Be careful when zooming out in your shots, some of them have a slight fishbowl effect going on. Watch your MOO, the bottom of the fruit bowl in the storage shed is peeking through the bottom of the shelf, to avoid this, place the fruit bowl first, then place the shelf to fit.

@Ainsleyf
    Oh, my word, what a creative commune you created with Back to the Garden. Your ‘tents’ are amazing, what a great job you did with the roofing, and they really do look like canvas tents and I love your awning and the string lights around them. Your swimming hole looks fabulous, the landscaping around it feels almost wild, which I guess is what you were going for.
    I love what you have accomplished with your terrain paints, the ‘dirt’ around the tents is such a realistic touch. Your tent interiors are wonderful, I especially like Essence and Raven’s tent interior with the meditation stools. I think it’s wonderful that you only used wall hangings on the tent interiors, unless you built in a specific shelf wall, such dedication to the narrative! Your ‘facilities’ are amazing! And that BUS!! Such an ingenious idea, and so well executed, honestly your creativity this round has astounded me!

Suggestions: Your large waterfall is stunning, however, I wonder if it would look a little more natural with a couple of smaller rocks place between the side and top rocks, it feels out of place with the naturalness of the rest of the lot.

@mannanna
    Up on Mesa Road is gorgeous @mannanna! It has a real commune feel to it. The simple architecture on the exterior belies the near chaos and clutter of the interiors. Have to say I love that peace sign out front! The weathered wood is perfect for this style of build and your roof lines add interest to what could otherwise have been a rather bland building. Your pumpkin patch is inspired!! As is your chicken coop!! Your interiors are amazing, so bright and colourful, but without being over the top, you've made some awesome use of MOO throughout the home and the murals are a wonderful idea. Can I just say, using the sided brick around the fireplace is such a wonderful idea. That living space is so cosy and homely, I just want to pull up a cushion and chill. And wow, those lights around Lavender and Sky’s bed is such a great concept. I do have to ask, what’s with the basement, an old Native American burial ground, or mass clown grave?!

Suggestions: Although I love that fire pit, I wonder if a small dirt path leading to it might have made it feel a bit more part of the build, as it is, it kind of sits apart. Personally, I am not a fan of those “flowers of the dead” behind the bed in Lavender’s and Sky’s room, or the rose petals leading from the kitchen to bedrooms, perhaps had you popped them all the way along to Raven and Storm’s quarters?

@linday
    OMG, Green Island Commune is just so adorable! It’s bright and airy, yet still has that hodgepodge commune feel to it, a really tough balance to strike and you nailed it perfectly. The place feels really grounded in its background, I can really tell that you took inspiration from the lighthouse in the background, all white, brown roofs and glass, amazing! Your landscaping is beautiful, natural, yet packed full of colour and different heights and textures. Those string lights headed back to the point over the outdoor dining table is just gorgeous. And that outdoor bathtub :heart: I love that not much matches in this place it really does feel like all the furniture has come from flea markets and the such like. Great job getting in a separate artists studio, writing and music rooms, and I adore the fact that there are books on the floor in the toilet. Your interiors are wonderful, stylish, yet fun and colourful, can I just say I think your wall and fish light wall is inspired!

Suggestions: I am struggling to come up with anything that I would change!!

@kilra0
    Paradise Bay is a wonderfully natural and peaceful lot @kilra0. The architectural style you have chosen is really unique, I totally get the Ashram vibe and using those round roofs adds so much interest to your build. The exterior wall treatments you have chosen work really well to help define the different elements of your lot, but still, help it feel like very homogenous. Your landscaping is superb, I adore that little duck pond with the house, you’ve made great choices of plants and wonderful use of the terrain painting tool. Also, I love the plants hanging from the exterior walls up but the roof, it feels like the place has been standing here for years! I love the little outdoor living spaces you have created. Your interiors are lovely, the random strings of light in the commune centre are great and everything in here feels very cosy and well loved. My favourite place in your build is Sparrow and Storm’s hut, using that collect curator's Cabinet as a divider with the tree decals is such a great idea! I and I love that he has all his collectables around him. The whole place has a very zen and tranquil feel to it, you did a really great job!

Suggestions: There doesn’t seem to be a ‘main entrance’ to your commune, and maybe that have been done purposefully, but it feels a little odd to me. That whole purple floor in the art hut feels a bit much, but that may just be my personal preference.

@masajo
    Nirvana is a wonderful creation. It is certainly very colourful and has some interesting architecture The different shaped cabins, roofs and roof colours certainly add to the curb appeal! Your winding paths feel very natural and you’ve made some great planting choices and as always, your terrain painting is fabulous. That fountain area is just stunning, so well planted and the shape is brilliant! You have made some great object choices in your cabins, everything feels very rustic. You have made some wonderful use of the re-sizing tool and MOO with the rugs throughout this build.

Suggestions: Nirvana feels to me, more like a teen’s summer camp than a commune, I think it’s because the place has a definite sense of order to it, there is no chaos or mess anywhere. The pool doesn't really feel like part of the build to me, it feels very separate, perhaps because there is no delineated path to it like the other areas in the camp. I actually wonder if you would have been better using the fountain area as the pool.

@PV13
    Sunshine & Starlight is a lovely, lovely build, your architecture is incredibly unique, I love the rounded roofs on those sleeping areas, especially combined with the shingled awning on the rearmost one. The different roofs on the rest of the build really add interest, I love the glass roof on top of the sauna area, what a great idea! The rooftop garden and the ‘sliding glass doors’ in that semi-outdoor dining are fabulous additions. Your attention to detail in your interiors is astounding, every piece you have chosen clearly had a lot of thought behind it, you did a great job with MOO throughout this lot. Your colour palette is perfect for that Hippy vibe as well.

Suggestions: I wonder if Sims will be able to get down to that washtub area with the height of the foundation? It would be a pain if they had to walk all the war around the exterior of the lot to get there, perhaps one stairway leading down? That large rectangular pool feels a little at odds with the raw styling of the rest of the builds, perhaps had you made it more of a flowing shape it would have blended better?!

@gmcrozier
    The Sounds of Silence is such a tranquil lot, the way you have laid it out and used the slightly raised foundation as pathing is wonderful great job angling the wooden slats too, they look great! I just adore that planted fountain, it’s amazing!! In fact, the whole of your landscaping is just brilliant, so sympathetically done, great use of terrain paints, choices of plants and trees etc. Your architecture is simple, yet effective and the roof over the kitchen building is lovely. Your landscaping is fabulous, it all looks very natural and calm, and your swimming hole/fishing pond looks wonderful with that small waterfall. The murals are a wonderful addition. You have obviously put a lot of thought into the furnishings you have used and your objection placement is fantastic.

Suggestions: The outdoor seating area is lovely, however, I wonder if some plants on top of that wooden roof area would have added more charm to the area?! The living areas feel a little sterile, I think it’s all the whitewashed wood, perhaps some more colour and frippery might have helped with the hippy vibe that feels somewhat missing from the interiors of your commune...

@KittKat7147
    Hawthorne Hammock is simply stunning!! You have put so much thought into the backstory of each of the residents, and the result is the residence of their dreams! The idea of basing the whole lot around the stream is wonderful and your repurposed containers fit the ethos of the brief so incredibly well. And who would want to chop down that gorgeous old tree?! You are right, I would never have guessed that the majority of the stream was actually fountain, brilliant! Your landscaping is wonderful, such great use of the resizing tool, MOO and the terrain painty of course. Your interiors don’t disappoint either, I can tell that you put a great deal of energy choosing just the right pieces for the group.

Suggestions: My one and only slight criticism is that there’s no pathway to the garden area, even just a dirt path, like you have elsewhere on the lot, anything to make it look like a path well travelled.
    3gHHX7s.png

AND THE WINNER IS....

@linday

SECOND PLACE IS A TIE BETWEEN....

@Ainsleyf and @KittKat7147

THIRD PLACE GOES TO....

@PV13

Congrats all, this was such an incredibly close round to judge!

3gHHX7s.png

SIM CHALLENGE

@Ainsleyf
    Your Sims are wonderful @ainsleyf, I especially liked seeing how life would turn out for them eventually. I can totally see why you made them all the way you did, such great backstories and thought put into each and every one!

@CaramelLibra29
    Your Sims are truly fabulous, I especially liked Sky and his multicoloured hair. The traits and aspirations you chose are perfect for the group! Great job!

3gHHX7s.png

AND THE WINNER IS....

@Ainsleyf

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    Aww yay!!! Congrats to all the winners! You guys ROCK! I'm positive that this was *very* tough to judge. They were all so creative and wonderful. Made me want to visit!
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,988 Member
    Big congratulations to the winners, fantastic communes :) Many thanks @BuildnShare for your valuable feedback, very much appreciated :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    :o:o:o
    Not sure how that happened, but thank you so much, I am in awe. This must have been a tough round to judge for sure, so much creativity out there!

Congrats to the others as well, you all did amazing.
    Congrats to all the winners in the expert category and everyone who submitted a build. I enjoyed, each and every one of these builds. They were all super fantastic. And the sims....I really think that all the sims created for this challenge were "far out" and "super groovy". I loved them all. Congrats to @linday - I had looked at this build & thought this was very unique @Ainsleyf & @KittKat7147 - both of these are great & @Pv13 - such a wonderful build. Congrats also to @Ainsleyf for those sims. Mr Stein made me laugh.
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Congrats to @linday and @kittkat7147 and @pv13! Fantastic work everyone..and everyone else too!!! Thanks @soulgal7 - I modelled Mr. Stein after the red haired kid from the old show 'Room 222'.

And thanks so much @buildnshare for another fun challenge!
  • itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    bhaXpM1.png
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR #BNS93 - THE AGE OF AQUARIUS

@itguyinsc
    Peace and Love is such a vibrant lot, you did a great job with the brief. Your different areas feel different enough that I recognise them as such, but as you’ve used similar materials and textures, it still feels really cohesive, not an easy feat! Your roofing adds so much interest to the lot. Your landscaping is lovely, so natural and I adore that stream you have running through the lot, using the stone fence as the bridge is a great idea. Your galley kitchen is great, I actually think just going with a barbecue is incredibly brave, but perfect in this instance. I also love how you’ve MOO’ed those benches together in the dining gazebo. And that treehouse :heart: Great thinking using mainly candlelight throughout the areas.

Suggestions
    The boardwalk around your natural areas looks great, but don’t forget you can use ‘ctrl f’ to get quarter tiles, then you can make 90 degree turns in your wood flooring. Be careful when zooming out in your shots, some of them have a slight fishbowl effect going on. Watch your MOO, the bottom of the fruit bowl in the storage shed is peeking through the bottom of the shelf, to avoid this, place the fruit bowl first, then place the shelf to fit.
    3gHHX7s.png

AND THE WINNER IS....

@linday

SECOND PLACE IS A TIE BETWEEN....

@Ainsleyf and @KittKat7147

THIRD PLACE GOES TO....

@PV13

Congratulations Winners! Everyone at every level had wonderfully unique interpretations of the assignment! Fantastic work!

Thanks for the input regarding my entry. I appreciate you taking the time to review and comment! :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Valuzza90Valuzza90 Posts: 208 Member
    Congratulations to all winners! ^_^
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Huge congrats to the winner in this round @linday!
    Congrats to the runner uppers too @Ainsleyf, @KittKat7147 and @PV13!
    Twice congrats @Ainsleyf for your awesome hippie Sims :)

@mannanna
    I do have to ask, what’s with the basement, an old Native American burial ground, or mass clown grave?!

Suggestions: Although I love that fire pit, I wonder if a small dirt path leading to it might have made it feel a bit more part of the build, as it is, it kind of sits apart. Personally, I am not a fan of those “flowers of the dead” behind the bed in Lavender’s and Sky’s room, or the rose petals leading from the kitchen to bedrooms, perhaps had you popped them all the way along to Raven and Storm’s quarters?

Thanks again for a great review. Haha, I don't really know what's up with the basement, I had some money to spend and figured they could use another bathtub...and quirky humor I guess. :)
    I imagined the rose petals to be splashes of paint.

edited May 2018
    fcuRqPI.png
    STARTING OUT RESULTS FOR #BNS93 - THE AGE OF AQUARIUS

@lorrie1910

Rainbow Rise is such a wonderful commune that speaks volumes of peace and happiness. Fantastic layout, it's great you have made the veggie garden the central point with different activity areas and buildings surrounding. You have made good use of terrain paint to create beautiful winding pathways throughout and also to define these. I really love how you've edged the swimming pond with plants and rocks, this makes it all the more realistic. The communal building looks almost psychedelic which certainly brings the 60/70's hippie era to focus. The sunflower entrance is very welcoming and it's good to see the sunny yellow theme inside, very cheery and bright. The private dwellings are very cute and quaint with their hexagonal shapes which are all furnished beautifully. I particularly like your purple colour choice for Lavender's room, very appropriate! Your choice of wall coverings in the cottages are perfect for the style of this commune and provide much life and vibrance to the rooms.

Suggestions: Thank you for providing an overhead shot of the ground floor of the commune, we also like to see overheads with the roof up in order to view the structures. In your slideshow I noticed sky coming through the ceiling in one of the cottages! You could either zoom in more to block this out or edit the picture and cut it out. You have a lot of budget left over which could have been put to good use. For example, the commune could have been surrounded by fencing/hedging/walls etc to make it more private.

Sim Challenge: Rainbow Hippies are a fantastic bunch, all dressed beautifully in true hippie style. I also love the beards and long hair, very typical of the 60/70's. The traits you have chosen are very fitting for each of their characters and it was wonderful to see them 'living' in the commune and carrying out their day to day activities.

@4Sanne

Wow, Back to Nature Commune is a true masterpiece, everything about this creation is absolutely superb! Fantastic layout of the commune with lots of different areas brought together with perfectly designed terrain painted pathways. I absolutely love the natural pool, looks so beautiful and where better to practice yoga than here. Your landscaping is also first class and the purple, gold and green scheme looks very natural. There are fabulous features galore in this build but my favourite is the design of the shower/sink/WC/bath combo, amazing! I also really like the gardening area, looks so good edged with stones. Your interior design throughout is as impeccable as the exterior. The log cabin is full of colour and clutter, the various mats really add to the warmth and homeliness of this space. The yurt is a total contrast, the elegant white looks wonderfully surreal compared to the rest of the commune.

Suggestions: There is absolutely nothing I can suggest to improve your build, in my eyes this is perfection! My only suggestion is to enter at a higher level next time.

@SourJaneSims

Eco Tiny House Commune has a fantastic layout, I really like how you've placed the buildings surrounding the central gardening plot. Great idea to place a canopy and cushions in this area, it will be lovely to rest here after all the hard work. You have put terrain paint to good use providing lots of winding pathways to the different areas. I really like how you've focused on eco living, even down to using recycled materials for the build! I love the peat composting toilets and the idea of the showers using recycled rainwater, very environmentally friendly. You have really thought everything out thoroughly and paid great attention to detail. Each home is beautifully designed containing it's owners hobbies and interests.

Suggestions: I see there is a lot of budget left over. I would have used this to further seclude the lot with fencing/walls/hedging and provided an entrance to the commune.

@Zayven

Flower Power is such a pretty name for such a beautiful build which reminds me of a Victorian glasshouse with all the large ornate windows and glass roof. There will certainly be plenty of light and air indoors. Excellent idea to provide planting on the top atrium, this really has the greenhouse effect. Good to see you used terrain paint to create winding pathways to the different areas, I really love all the nooks and crannies you have designed. The upper balconies are fabulous areas for rest and relaxation in the outdoors or carrying out activities and hobbies. Gorgeous front garden with an interesting combination of edible and ornate plants, the orchard is a wonderful 'plus'. Lovely interior layout with the central washroom surrounded by living spaces. I absolutely love how you created the communal bath with the sunken benches and what a fantastic thought to provide multiple appliances in the kitchen, very necessary for all the residents.

Suggestions: Watch the budget, this is the Gallery cost plus the lot cost unless otherwise stated. Regarding the front garden I love how natural the flower beds and veggie plots work together but I feel the circular bed with the bunny next to it looks quite out of sync with the rest of the landscaping. I would have replaced this with a small pond perhaps.

Sim Challenge: Your household are a very colourful and cheery bunch and it was fantastic to see them carrying out their chosen activities. They really seem well suited to their commune and enjoy each others company around the large table. It would have been wonderful to see them in their different outfits, their everyday ones are spot on for hippie style.

@lisabee2

Off the Grid Too has such a wonderful layout, very nicely spread out using all the space provided on the lot. The buildings are lovely and colourful and I love the idea of yurt living, perfect for a hippie commune. Wow, you have provided many areas for different activities, never a dull moment here! My favourite place is the hobby farm, the design is fantastic for all the animals and I particularly like the pigsty, so cute. The flea market is also a wonderful idea, the extra cash from passers-by will come in handy. I also love the natural swimming pool, it blends is beautifully with it's surroundings. I had to smile at the underground shelter, what a wonderful surprise to see this 'den' with living spaces and perfect for storage. It's great to see you have named the yurts different colours and decorated and furnished them accordingly. The blue one is cool shabby chic, the green very tropical and the yellow lovely and sunny.

Suggestions: It's good to see you have used terrain paint in places but I feel the commune would have benefited from winding pathways/dirt tracks leading to the different buildings and activity areas. This would have better tied the commune together.

Room Challenge: Your communal yurt looks fantastic with it's hexagonal shape, very unique and creatively crafted together. I absolutely love all the vibrant colours and clutter, very hippie-like. Your attention to detail is top notch and it's great to see all the different activity areas. I particularly like how you've moo'd the window herb garden, looks amazing.

3gHHX7s.png

The Winner of this Challenge is ....

@4Sanne

Second place goes to ....

@lisabee2

The winner of the Sim Challenge is ....

@lorrie1910

The winner of the Room Challenge is ....

@lisabee2

GArBA5W.jpg
  • KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    Hello an congrats to the winners! any idea when well have the Established Results? thank u!

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

The established results are being worked on @KojiK, as soon as they're ready, you'll have them.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,209 Member
    Congrats to the winners and double congrats to @lisabee2 for winning the room challenge as well as placing 2nd!
    image.png
    edited May 2018
    Congrats to all the winners and entrants for the Starting Out area for #bns93 - Age of Aquarius. Congrats to @lisabee2 - I really loved that commune, and your room was fantastic. Congrats on getting 2nd in the build and winning on the room challenge! Great work! @4Sanne - your hippie commune was so gorgeous - congrats for 1st place! @lorrie1910 - your hippie sims were funny - I loved them! Even though not everyone won, I wanted to say that I looked at everyone's builds and everyone did a great job! I really, really liked this challenge theme. Everyone's builds were amazing. Thanks to @BuildnShare for taking time to do comments. Even though these are not my builds, I do read the comments and sometimes even go back and look at the build. Thank you for taking time to do this. :)
    HVCdrRO.png
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR #BNS93 - THE AGE OF AQUARIUS

@avimileth
    Doors Lock your Soul is such a clever name, and just perfect for this hippie commune. I like the use of arches instead of doors for an open feel. Cute BBQ area with mosaic patio. The interior furniture in the living area is a good mix of found objects. Wow – love that retro wallpaper in the kitchen. Love the papered walls in the writing room. The wellness area by the pool is lovely. What a great rooftop music area! It’s perfect that you’ve included the bubble bar for our hippie friends to alter their consciousness ;)

Suggestions:The two roof pieces on your communal living area don’t tie together well. Avoid creating valleys (i.e. places water would collect IRL). I would have liked a little more explanation of which bedrooms belonged to which couples.

@FidgetyAtom
    Oh, WOW! Peaceful Psyche is just gorgeous with the abundance of purple and white trees. And the paths are in the shape of a peace sign - how clever!!! Great idea to have a space for the resident to sell handmade items. That totally fits with the commune ethos. Love the bubble bar in the center. Love the garden area - of course they would have their plants in a groovy layout instead of boring old boxes and straight lines. Lovely pool/pond - it's perfectly landscaped. The open-air kitchen is a creative take, and I love the communal bath as well. Your use of dividers here is a great touch. I love the glorified tents! Great job experimenting with different roof types and the roof controls. Thanks for the commentary/captions with your pictures - that really helps your judges out.

Suggestions: I would have liked to have known more about which individuals were assigned to which rooms and how that influenced your design choices. The lot was very eclectic which fits with the hippie vibe, but I think a bit of editing might have made an even bigger impact.

@jhgkjhgkjh
    The Happy Hippie Train is just adorable! I love the creativity of re-using the old rail cars. The communal bathing on the top floor makes great use of reclaimed space from the decorative architectural elements. And the communal area is the old train station – how clever! I love the colors brought in through the paintings and textiles. The swimmable pond is lovely. I love the lantern tree that sheds light on it. Great job with the rocks and plants around the pond. Love the “solar panel” on the roof of Lavenders and Sky’s wagon! The architecture of the wagons is just perfect. Love the “pull-out” sofa in Sparrow and Storm’s room. You’ve done a great job decorating each wagon for its inhabitant’s personalities and skills.

Suggestions: I honestly can think of a single thing I would change! I would have liked to have seen a full shot of the side of the station with the clothesline and some exteriors of Sparrow and Storms wagon though.

@KojiK
    The Red Barn Commune is very striking with the dark siding and white accents. I love the little towers on top of each building, and the pergola in the center of the lot. Great use of terrain paint to define the front paths. I love the way you've used the string lights! I've always found them difficult to work in just right. Landscaping is lovely and complements the architecture. Interesting choice to make a communal bedroom (see my note below). Beautiful murals on the exterior of the buildings. Great library shelves - I like how you've combined shelves of different wood shades. The communal kitchen and bath are very nicely designed. Thanks for labeling your photos - that's very helpful for your judges!

Suggestions: You had to read very closely to catch that the group actually wanted 3 private bedrooms. (Upon re-reading, I think we weren't as clear on that as we could have been, so I didn't take off points for that). I didn't see a computer for Lavender, guitar for Essence, art area for Raven or a pool though. Be sure to read the challenge details carefully in addition to the brief.

@maryjane2joe
    Happy Hippy Hollow looks fantastic from a bird’s eye vantage! Every inch of the lot has been put to use for this group. I love the architecture and how it looks as though it might have been added onto over time. The collectors area and activities space cover every sim's wants and needs - great job. The pool garden is gorgeously landscaped. Great outdoor laundry area. The little green kitchen is fantastic! I love the touch of the paint spatters and newspapers on the ground in the painter's area. The bedrooms have just the right amount of detail and clutter in them. I love how you've chosen furniture that is clearly mis-matched, but the room as whole still "works."

Suggestions: Could you have done something to make the pool blend in a bit more? I'm afraid Essence will find this one a bit too materialistic. On your hipped roof pieces, I would suggest pulling them "down" slightly to overlap over the walls instead of ending flush with them. Don't forget to give us overhead views with the roof down, too.

@Pallystyle
    Happy Hippy Hideaway is amazing! I love your placement of the shipping containers and how you've stacked them to give more living space on a smallish lot! The roof-top decks are a fantastic idea. I love all the plants and brightly colored artwork you've used on the exteriors. Great use of terrain paint to create paths and walkways. The "rustic" bathroom areas are very creative. The brightly colored trellises are a good choice to add some privacy. The pool with its small size and algae certainly won't make Essence think of material excesses! It's perfect for this group. The rooftop garden is such a clever idea! The interior of the gardener/collector room is amazing. Great job incorporating decor that reflects them so well. The artist/cook container is very nice as well. I love how each side has its own color scheme, but they bend so nicely together. Great kitchen - I love the multi-color cabinets. Great lighting in the dining area. I love how you've incorporated the painted garage doors into the design of each container.

Suggestions: The exterior decorations are eclectic and reflect the free spirits of the 6 commune members, but I think a little bit of editing could make an even bigger impact.

@SoulGal7
    Far Out Hippie Haven is totally FAR OUT, man! I love the back story of it starting as an abandoned camp. Great idea to use color to define the different cabins, and OMG - the names! Purple Haze is divine. Love the art area outside and the peace sign sculpture. I love how much thought you've put into the couples and the details for each that you've included in their cabin design. Gorgeous solarium for collectibles in the Mellow Yellow cabin. Feeling Groovy is so serene. It's not easy to blend colors in Sims 4, but this cabin does it effortlessly. The kitchen with living area on top is nicely done - I love the flowers "painted" on the fence pieces. Great waterfall! The outhouse is just perfect, and I love the shots of the sims enjoying their lot.

Suggestions: The interiors were almost too beautiful for this group if that makes sense. (I would think hippies would inhabit a place a little less polished than these are) Was the outhouse a one-holer? That might be a little hard to manage for 6 hippies. Again, I think this lot could have benefited from just a bit of editing.

@TresaofPern
    Forest Glade has such cute little cabins! Good use of terrain paint to create your paths. I like the use of hydrangeas as a way to line the walkways. The bedroom cabins are nicely landscaped. I love the choice of the outdoor lights that look like flowers. Great choice of fencing to outline the kitchen garden. The rock-lined pool is fantastic! Cabins are nicely laid out. The shot of the living room and kitchen/dining room is just perfect. I love the eclectic mix of seating, and the bright colors. The blue and white kitchen is very nicely done. Great study area - love the tree wallpaper. It seems perfect for this group!

SuggestionsYou have a bit of "fishbowl" lens going on with some of your pictures. See the Showcasing Your Lots guide for tips on how to avoid this. I would have liked to have known more about which couples were living in each cabin and how the cabins fit their personalities. Some of the rooms were a little bare. If you build slightly smaller, the same amount of decorations will fill up the space and look more proportional.

@Xinqun
    Arcadiana is totally unexpected, and I love it! This build has the feel of an old Greek or Roman ruin that has been taken over by the commune members. The completely open design is in keeping with their desire to be one with nature. Very cool idea to have the space for activities (painting,etc.) in the collonades. I love the communal courtyard with dining table and very psychedelic bubble bar. The collection and meditation area is nicely done. The pool area is gorgeous without being overly materialistic. Fantastic garden area, and I love the tall hedges all around to block the outside world.

Suggestions: Please provide a caption or label for your pictures to give us more information about the build. Since we judge solely from your media, make sure to provide at least one up-close picture of every room. I would have liked to have seen a little more detail in the bedrooms.

3gHHX7s.png

SIM CHALLENGE

@lisabee2
    Great job on these sims! I love the surnames you've chosen. Super job choosing their ambitions and traits. Sky is so intense, and I love the shading in his beard. Lavender's bell bottoms and peasant top are just perfect. I would have loved to have seen a few shots of them in their commune as well.

@Pallystyle
    I just love your take on these sims! Thank you for showing them in all their outfit choices. That's helpful for getting a full picture. I love their candid shots as well. I think your ambition and trait choices are spot on. I adore Raven's technicolor coat and Essence's bellbottoms and tank top.

3gHHX7s.png

ROOM CHALLENGE

@SoulGal7
    This room is just an explosion of color and exuberance. I love that it's open to nature which fits with the clients so well. Great job of blending so many colors and patterns and giving the group so many activities to enjoy.

3gHHX7s.png

THIRD PLACE IS A TIE BETWEEN....

@FidgetyAtom and @SoulGal7

SECOND PLACE ....

@Pallystyle

AND THE WINNER OF THE BUILD CHALLENGE IS....

@jhgkjhgkjh

WINNER OF THE SIM CHALLENGE IS...

@Pallystyle

Both of these entries were so great, but it came down to being able to see all their outfits and the fantastic candid shots of the sims in their commune.

WINNER OF THE ROOM CHALLENGE IS...

@SoulGal7
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,209 Member
    edited May 2018
    Congratulations to the winners! And double congrats to @SoulGal7
    image.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file