Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
edited February 13 in Nominated Threads
The home of our judges and contestants, a place to find those much-anticipated results! :D

Hoping to get involved in Build-n-Share? A few important addresses:

Build-n-Share Challenge Announcement Thread:
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/769875/sims-4-buildnshare-challenge

The Archive:
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/769877/sims-4-buildnshare-archives

GArBA5W.jpg
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited September 2014
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #1

@Davlan
    This build just screams modern, but I wonder if it has been made too complex, for complexities sake. I'm just not sure how the build will play, it seems each area is very individual, and not at all cohesive, I think had you gone for a simpler layout it would have worked better. Your exterior looks great, but again, there is just so much to look at, I can't figure out where my eye is being drawn. Your exterior wall treatments work incredibly well though and I'm glad you kept them nice and simple. Your windows look amazing and really well placed. The build feels like is is missing some columns here and there, had you used none, it wouldn't notice, but as you have used them in places, I feel it makes the build look a little unfinished. The same can be said for the huge expanses of open space on the balconies. The landscaping has been well thought out, and you have used some really appropriate plants considering the style of the build, It might have been nice to sees some terrain paints in there though. Your interiors are well thought out and the style blends together perfectly with the exterior, you have made great object choices, although the placement is a little rigid. My favourite part of this build is that gorgeous little gazebo, so cute!

@Benlow11
    The architecture of this build fits perfectly within it's surroundings, great choice of exterior textures and roof trims. Your roof line works incredibly well. It would have been nice to see a top down image of each floor to really get a hold of the layout. The landscaping feels like it has been there forever, the use of those rocks to make the bedding area is a great idea, also the terrain painting has been done well, but I wonder if you could have made more of this. Your object choices and placement in the interior of the build help make the build feel very homogeneous. Be a little careful with your presentation though, some of the pictures have been forced out of their native resolution, which makes judging a little more difficult. My favourite part of your build is that lovely blue office area, it has everything I can imagine an aspiring architect would need.

@celdys0n
    Well, this home certainly exudes Southern charm! The exterior treatments really help this build feel incredibly harmonious, especially with the very lose way you have structured the landscaping. You have made some really great use of the terrain paint tool. Your layout works well and I think it would transfer into play favourably. Your interiors feel incredibly cohesive, your use of windows as décor is a brilliant idea and one that you have actioned brilliantly. Your palette is well thought out as are your object choices and placement. My favourite part of this build is that open second floor, you have made great use of walls to separate areas but without making them feel isolated.

@RachelRosebud
    This is certainly a modern build, the exterior treatments you have used fit the style perfectly, I like the mix of white and brick. You have some very interesting ideas on window placement and I like the overall style this provides. The architecture is a little busy, I don't know where my eyes are supposed to be drawn. The roof line feels a little off to me as well, I think that it feels a little top heavy, especially with that chimney. The landscaping works well, very simplistic but stylish, and you have made good use of terrain paints, although I think some fencing along the exterior garden areas might have been a good idea ;) I do like the layout, but it feels a little higgledy-piggledy, lots of stair cases and lots of different little rooms, makes me wonder how it would play in game. Your interiors are well thought out and the palette blends well throughout the build. You have an excellent eye when it comes to object choice and placement. My favourite part of the build is that second floor garden patio area, it's so calm and well considered.

@Rawla
    Such a cute idea for a build, it's just a shame that the roof lines let you down, had you extended that middle roof along, so that it did not have those valleys to either side it would have been perfect! The landscaping feels very basic and square, I think had you included some flowing pathways between areas it would have felt a lot more natural. You have made some great choices regarding the type of plants and terrain paints, but had you popped some dirt under the bushes, it would have really helped it feel a little less false. I would liked to have seen an overhead to get a good feel for the overall layout of the build. Your object choices and placement are really great, and your palette works really well. Remember when it comes to showcasing your builds that more is usually better, some different angles of each of the rooms would help really get to know the build. My favourite part of your build is that lovely kitchen, it looks and feels incredibly homely.

@HippieMama2
    This is a very cute build, very traditional, although the architecture feels very 'box-like', you have made a good effort at adding interest by using the fencing and spandrels as well as the wall treatments you have chosen to use. Your landscaping is perfect for this style of build, but I feel the use of some terrain paints would have added to the feel of the build. Your layout looks like it would transfer well into play, but I do wonder about your choice of having the office area at the very rear of the house, with no entry? Would it have been better to rearrange it so that clients didn't have to traipse through the entirety of the home to get to the office? Also that living room feels quite bare, the room feels far to large for the furnishings that you have used, you could easily have divided up this space a little more. Your object choices and placement are great, good job getting those skill building items in there! Your palette works really well throughout the build, it helps the build feel incredibly cohesive. My favourite area of your build is your kitchen, so bright and I love how you have laid everything out in there, when is dinner??

@GreenGirly100
    Oh my, what a lovely modern build this is, the architecture adds interest and your roof line's work really well. The landscaping has been sympathetically added, and that lovely courtyard area out the back looks wonderful. I can tell you put a lot of thought into your layout and think it's fab how you have the office space separated from the living area, but without making it feel like two separate builds. Your palette and object choice really help this build blend together. You have a great eye for object placement. My favourite area of your build is that soothing master bedroom, such a lovely feature wall, but not too overpowering, a really well done room!

@trashdocka
    Your architecture really is the epitome of modern design and I am extremely impressed with your landscaping skills, it all looks so natural, yet fits with the style of the building, you have made really good use of the terrain paint tool. Your layout looks like it will transfer well into play and I do like that you have separated out the work space from the living area. I can't help but think that this is a build of two halves though, the modern almost industrial office area feels incredibly jarring when coupled with the classic, almost regal living area. It's a real shame that you didn't fit window treatments for the living area, it leaves the interior feeling a little unfinished. Also, I'm not sure how user friendly double height wall cupboards would be. You do have a great eye for object placement, but I think you need to look at your object choices more closely to try and blend styles together. For example, that long glass table looks completely out of place in that very classic kitchen area. My favourite area of this build is that office space, it so totally fits with the exterior of the build.

@SimsIslandheart
    Your architecture is really quite fascinating in this build, considering all the problems you had with roofs etc, it turned out really well. The roof line looks good, but I think had you flattened the roof pitches slightly, it would have looked more natural. Your landscaping works well and is sympathetic to the build style, you have made some great use of the terrain paint tool. Your layout feels a little off to me, I am unsure as to why you would have a master suite on the ground floor?! And those tiny corridors, I can't help thinking they are going to be a nightmare for routing issues, if you had made them two tiles wide, I think it would have worked better. Your object choices and placement work really well, and I was wondering if you know about the 'alt' key, holding down the 'alt' key allows you to manipulate wall art to pretty much anywhere you want, it might help with builds further down the road. The office is good, but I wonder if it would have been more user friendly to have the desk facing the room rather than the window, that way Cherry could have sat behind her desk when making notes. Your palette works well through the entire build and I just love those little pops of red here and there. My favourite area is that roof top garden, especially that little bench nestled next to the roof and I love the Monty Python reference as well, although, you were missing the herring!

@pixsidust2
    A community lot! Ingenious! The architecture is modern and works really well with the landscaping you have used, although I wonder if a few more plants around the place would have helped it feel a little more welcoming. Be careful when using accented exterior corners though, they really don't fit windows very well. Your office area is lovely you have made some great object choices and have a great eye for object placement and your the palette works incredibly well. My favourite spot in this build is that office area, I simply adore the fact that you have given Rose an area to work in as well!

@countrykris1play
    What inspiring architecture and your roof lines are spot on, I also like the exterior wall treatments you have used, they fit the style so well. As does your simple, yet, elegant landscaping, those almost raised lavender beds are beautiful, although the cactus area feels a little too uniform to be natural, in my onion. Your layout has been very well thought-out and I like the fact that you have managed to efficiently separate the work space from the living area, yet, it al still blends together really well. You have a real eye for object choice and placement and your use of clutter throughout the build makes for a homey, lived in vibe, not easy with just the base game content. Your palette, although vibrant is not over-powering and it works so well through the entirety of the build. My favourite place in this placed has got to be that waiting/reception area, you have thought of every little detail, and it shows.

Drum Roll Please...........

3rd Place - countrykris1play

2nd Place - celdys0n

And the winner is - GreenGirly100

Congrats to all of you, it was lovely to see how you are all using the new tools we have been given in The Sims 4.
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited October 2014
    Results for Build 'n' share challenge #1 Starters!

Quelsimmy
    Lovely build! It looks inviting and quint. The sign near the entry makes it look business like, which is what you want. Great choice. The 2 waiting chairs in the reception hall look great, and that they complement each other even though they are similar colours is awesome! The reception itself looks great too, though a bit dark, maybe Rose could use a lamp? Emma’s office is well equipped, easel for concepts, woodworking bench for models? Smart. You did a great job.
    Emma Moore looks beautiful!

KitOnlyHuman
    Pretty build! Love the enlarged cars in front. And even though there isn't a whole lot of landscaping, it does look finished. Though where you have a great look on the outside, the inside looks a bit bare. The office is one big room, but on the sides, there is nothing going on. Maybe a craft area, or reading area would have been nice there? I love how you showed your designers hard at work. They look lovely. And that window behind the desk! Gorgeous! The same for the windows at the entry. That is a really clever idea! Great job!
    (General tip, try to toggle off the grid when taking pictures. You can do this by hitting 'G' :) )

Onikisu
    Very interesting build. The exterior looks nice and I like what you did on that roof terrace thing. Nice touch. The fountain area looks well decorated. Smart idea to fill up the landscape. The kids room (I assume is a kids waiting play area) looks fun and well decorated! Though the rest of the interior I miss some art on the walls. Or general decorations. For a next time, more screenshots would be nice. I saw a stairs, but have no clue where it leads to. As well as a top down view for the floorplans (so we can see the layout of each floor). Don’t be afraid to supply as many pictures as you can. 3 to 5 pictures of 1 room is not uncommon. The office is looks great. I love the warm colours you have chosen. I would love to sit around on that roof terrace and be creative.

tribblet33
    Great build! Lovely roofing, and use of trimming. The colour combinations you used work well together. The palm trees at the entrance look great. The layout of the build is practical. And the general placing of objects works really well. Though a suggestion, I miss clutter. Art on the walls, plants, knick knacks, kitchen utensils. Maybe a rug. Things that tie things together and make a place feel finished. This applies more to the top level than to the business level. What I do love is that you made it an office and a home. And you are cohesive in your colour choices. Great job overall!

Kinipeli1
    Clever naming of your office! Interiorly yours! That made me giggle. Your architectural build is very simply, but not boring. The fencing on the roof and the roof being drawn back a bit is a nice idea. I wonder a bit about your layout of the interior though. The office being in the same room as the waiting room, might be inconvenient when you have the next clients waiting while you are still in a meeting.
    Claire looks like a very creative person, I’m curious what she will come up with in the challenges to come!

Lavender
    What a lovely homey build! And that grand entrance, with the balcony to look over the room, looks great. A tip for a next time would be to use some terrain paint. For example under the trees and plants. The layout of your build works well. The 2 bedrooms look a bit empty, and I would have liked to have seen a bit more decorations or furniture. Overall it works . My favorite room has to be the kitchen! That gorgeous purple accent colour. Great work! It really works well together.

♫Don_Oello♫
    One of the first 3 story builds I've seen! The style looks good and the colours you have chosen match the build style. Your interior looks amazing! Well decorated! The wall papers you have chosen work really well with the furniture. There is not an inch inside that doesn't feel decorated. Great job. My tip would be to extend that finished look to your exterior. The balconies look a bit bare, a large potted plant, or a bench maybe would have worked really well. And the landscaping seems a bit 'flat'. Terrain paint under the trees makes it look more realistic. My favourite place would be the kitchen. I hate to cook, but I like the feel it has. You did a wonderful job! And again, apologies I noticed your link didn't work until so late/

Pammiechick
    Fabulous build! Spacious layout and you have made good use of that space. It doesn’t feel empty at all. I miss a floorplan image. A top down view where I can see where what room is, so I can recognize rooms in the slideshow. No I don’t know where that big empty room is with the huge 2 story windows. I love what you did with the curtains, they make the room warmer. It worked really well in the bathroom. Well done!

KraftySim
    Very warm build. Can’t place what style it is exactly, but it feels warm. You have matched the green colours well! And using colomns as ornaments is a great find! Very clever (scribbles that down in her idea book). The common room looks really great, though I don’t know who it is meant for, is it freely accessible, or is it only for employees? I love what you did with little walk in closets. Your build is full of fun little details. Great job!

BarbieofBorg
    Lovely ranch style build. It really fits in with Willow Creek. Good job! The build has a clever layout, with a living apartment on the second floor, and professional office on the ground floor. You have worked that out well. My suggestion would be the roofing. You have a center roof piece, and smaller ones for the balconies. Maybe instead of the smaller ones, you could have left it flat, and used the friezes to decorate the sides, I think that would have worked better. Or made it one big roof. Roofing is a thing that gets us all! I love the balconies, You have made great use of the space you have there by adding skill items.

asphyxiateddoll♦
    Awesome modern build! I love the entry way with the fountains and that you have used different heights on different floors. Your interior is nice and bright and colourful. It's great too look at, not tooo obnoxious. Though you have decorated it nicely, I do see some bare spaces I think could use a decorative item or two. For example, the dining area. A small ornament on the table goes a long way. Also the second floor wall in the entery seems a bit like a large flat area, a large painting would have fared well. I love the reception area in all though. It's would be a cheerful welcome. Nice placing of the furniture and I like that you have made a working office and a meeting office. Both are decorated in the manor that it stands for. You did a great job. I'm sorry I missed you when I was judging!

Second place goes tooooooo!!
    tribblet33!

And the very first Sims 4 Build 'n' Share winner for the starters isssss!!! Drum roll please!

KraftySim!!!
    Post edited by Lebanna on
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited October 2014
    oops! Didn't mean to post here! :o
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Don_OelloDon_Oello Posts: 269 Member
    seems to be an issue with my link, could be that i moved the challenge folder to my BnS folder, so new link should work now.
    s283.photobucket.com/user/El_Oello/slideshow/Sims%204%20Showcase/TS4%20BnS%20challenge%201
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
    Don_Oello wrote: »
    seems to be an issue with my link, could be that i moved the challenge folder to my BnS folder, so new link should work now.<br />
    s283.photobucket.com/user/El_Oello/slideshow/Sims%204%20Showcase/TS4%20BnS%20challenge%201

That works! going to write and post feedback right away! Thanks :)

Post has been updated

• asphyxiateddollasphyxiateddoll Posts: 139 Member
    @Lebanna I posted an entry for Challenge 1 and was supposed to be in the starter category and don't see my name :o
    Digital Dollhouse Designs Lot Showcase
    Origin ID: asphyxiateddoll
    @asphyxiateddoll I have added your feedback, I'm sorry I missed you!

Expert results Challenge #1!

♣Shenice93♣
    Veronica La’more is a stunning woman, and very businesslike! I like what you did with the flowerbed and the rocks around it. The reception hall looks very inviting and modern. I love the colour combination you have chosen. The design is cohesive throughout. Though the restrooms suddenly have a different feel, I get an Egyptian feel from it. I love the waiting room. And you even added an intern space! Great job! (btw, love the google docs presentation, easy viewable. That goes on my list for possible ways for slideshows)

♠Carewren123♠
    Very interesting shape of building! I love it!  The colours you have chosen balance the shape out. It accents it on the right places, well done. That reception hall looks great too, liking the shape of the reception itself. I like your presentation too, with the description its very handy. But the images are a bit small to see. Your build looks great, it’s well decorated, you have thought about the layout and how it would be convenient to be as a business and made use of some cheats we have available. Great job!

☻Greenowl☻
    The style reminds me of mediterranean houses, and I happen to like that style a lot  But then that reception! Oh my, what an entrance! THAT WALL! And the office is nice and bright, reminds me of spring. The rooms on their own are gorgeous! Although, I’m not too sure about the kitchen, that might be a bit tooo green. I like how you have done the roofing, but the main roof part seems to missing a detail. Can’t put my finger on it what exactly. But your landscaping, hats off to that. It’s looking great!

♥OrangePlumbob♥
    A male designer! Woo! Great build. Roofing looks great, works well with the build and you have made great use of the friezes, and low fencing. Some areas are well decorated and look finished, while other areas don’t. For example the hallway, it misses details. There are areas here and there in some rooms that just seem forgotten. But what I absolutely adore, is the patio! Gorgeous. I love what you did with the wall textures, the arches and windows. That is an example of what finished looks like. Amazing job.
    And I was laughing at your little jokes in the description, that made me smile.

♪Pinklady1♪
    I love your exterior. You pulled off the row house look very well! The garden matches it great too, The fencing is just right. Though your layout inside surprised me, I had expected one house to be the office, and the other to be the house. But it wasn’t! The colours are very well coordinated and work well together. Great choices with accent walls with a pattern and combining that with colour. Although everything else seems to fit well together, the one thing that stands out is the kitchen, especially the cabinets. They seem a bit too busy for the rest of the house. There seems to be a bit too much going on with the style and amount. While the dining area is nice and clean again. Overall you did an awesome job and I can’t wait to see more of your builds!

☼Rostri- Jodu☼
    Love your presentation! I just love the story you have created around your build. Very entertaining to read. Now on to your build. What a grand one at that. I recognize a few styles in there, modern and baroque, and a bit of victorian. You have combined them well by using matching colour schemes that work for both. You interior is gorgeous! Great job on the style, it matches the house perfectly. I’m not too sure about the rug placement in your lounge area. While everything else has a warm, old feel, the rugs are in a square pattern, that well.. seems a bit boring compared of the rest. I just love how you used the colomns in your build. As a divider, as ornaments etc. And great work on the sunken office. The different parts of the garden look amazing in their own styles. Great job!

☺ahholladay☺
    Lovely build! The ‘green’ aspect of your design comes to its right. The atrium is well executed and looks like an oasis indoors. Very natural layout. The offices upstairs overlooking the atrium is gorgeous. The colour palette works really well. Gives the ‘green’ feel a more modern look. Your design for the principle office is awesome. I like the description of having samples there and what ever you need for a design. The little front yard looks very inviting. When can I start as a designer?

♫masajo♫
    Great work, very pretty landscaping. You interior looks amazing. It’s modern, but not super modern. It’s clean. And the textures and colours complement each other with the wood, tile, red and black. Good balance between soft and hard. While the upstairs has its own style. Which works well separating work from home. A suggestion would be the about the exterior. The colours may be a bit too close to each other to be really accents. What you had done indoors worked better. The backyard looks very inviting. The placement of furniture, plants and fencing makes it look like a well worked out garden that still looks natural.

♦ByronyRae♦
    Wow! Spacy, modern build! Those mirrors on the outside really had me confused for a minute. Very smart. The entrance is very nice. I like the plants up on the space on the second floor. A pointer though is the office part, compared to the rest that seems a bit small. If you switched the layout around a bit (office where the waiting room is and vice versa) I think that would suit it better. Your build looks prettiest at night! It sure is a very interesting build that would make me stop in my way when I would pass it by.

♣DieterPrivate♣
    Very interesting combination of styles! I love that you have created a showroom for clients to research wants and needs. And having the big windows in the back is a big surprise, you don’t expect that looking at the front. Nice touch. The layout is very clear and thought through. I might have added a bit more of a separation between the different showroom sections. Either a walking path between them, or fencing. It can look a bit messy with the different styles mixed together. Though in your case, it still worked. The meeting/lunch room looks great! And so does the office. They have a subtle but welcoming style. I bet there will be more awesome creations coming from there.
    Ps, gorgeous presentation. Well done, I enjoyed reading all the comments. Gave me a giggle here and there too 

♠BlackRoseBronwen♠
    Impressive build, seems like a mixture of Mediterranean and ranch style. Or something. Great use of the ornaments between the columns, as well as on the roof. Landscaping is a bit bare, but I must say, it also seems to fit the environment, but at some points is just a bit off. You are on your way, but could use some tweeking here and there. The ranch like style follows through on the interior, and the colour pallete you have chosen for that style matches well.

And now for the winners!

Second place goes to!!!
    Pinklady1!!

And first place goes to!!
    Rostri- Jodu

Congrats to the winners! :)
    Everyone had amazing builds!

• DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
    edited October 2014
    Lebanna wrote: »
    ♣DieterPrivate♣
    Very interesting combination of styles! I love that you have created a showroom for clients to research wants and needs. And having the big windows in the back is a big surprise, you don’t expect that looking at the front. Nice touch. The layout is very clear and thought through. I might have added a bit more of a separation between the different showroom sections. Either a walking path between them, or fencing. It can look a bit messy with the different styles mixed together. Though in your case, it still worked. The meeting/lunch room looks great! And so does the office. They have a subtle but welcoming style. I bet there will be more awesome creations coming from there.
    Ps, gorgeous presentation. Well done, I enjoyed reading all the comments. Gave me a giggle here and there too 

@Lebanna, thx for the comments! I tried to add some more separation between the 'rooms', but I couldn't get it to work. I don't have an explicit style when building. And I just really love these challenge as they gave me stuff to think about and start building, otherwise I get a bit lost not knowing what to build... I will start at the third challenge today. Have gathered enough reference material and inspiration. I hope the budget is ok, as many seem to have problems with it.

Congrats to all participants! All great builds.
    seperate feedback for @KelSimmie
    Challenge #1
    Lovely style and awesome roofing. I like how you have used those plants as fencing. The layout of the build is very practical and nice and spacious. Something to consider for the next time it to play around with combining different textures on your exterior walls. A stone pattern is very hard to be used as a single pattern, since it’s so repetitive. My favorite rooms are the master bedrooms. Oh my, gorgeous. The colours work really well and the attached bedroom really are an extension to the luxury. Great job!
    Link to build

• simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    Just curious, is there feedback for everyone? Or just specific builders?
    b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Expert results Challenge #1!

♦ByronyRae♦
    Wow! Spacy, modern build! Those mirrors on the outside really had me confused for a minute. Very smart. The entrance is very nice. I like the plants up on the space on the second floor. A pointer though is the office part, compared to the rest that seems a bit small. If you switched the layout around a bit (office where the waiting room is and vice versa) I think that would suit it better. Your build looks prettiest at night! It sure is a very interesting build that would make me stop in my way when I would pass it by.

Thanks for the feedback, Lebanna! It's funny you mention that about the office location because originally I had it where you suggested, but I just didn't like it taking up all that space. It's a matter of personal taste, I think, because I was modeling it on what I'd like in real life, and I'm not big on office space. I pictured my designer actually spending a lot of time out in the lounge with clients, and really only heading for the office when there was papers to sign or computer work to be done.

Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • KelSimmieKelSimmie Posts: 69 Member
    seperate feedback for @KelSimmie
    Challenge #1
    Lovely style and awesome roofing. I like how you have used those plants as fencing. The layout of the build is very practical and nice and spacious. Something to consider for the next time it to play around with combining different textures on your exterior walls. A stone pattern is very hard to be used as a single pattern, since it’s so repetitive. My favorite rooms are the master bedrooms. Oh my, gorgeous. The colours work really well and the attached bedroom really are an extension to the luxury. Great job!
    Link to build

Thank you ever so much, @Lebanna!!! I've got some ideas on how to mix the textures, especially when working with stone, on the builds now that you mention it. Thank you very much for the positive feedback! I thought for sure that everyone would hate it and it would be awful! LOL I'm glad you liked the bedrooms! I had fun making those master suites! =) Each challenge is giving me new ideas for the next! I love the walk-in closet I made for challenge #2! =)

I am so glad I found this group! =)
    SimtechiorDesignsSignature.jpg
    Simtechior Designs ~ Prim and Proper, Eclectic, Functional, or Lived-In Comfy... ~ Origin/TS4 Forum ID: KelSimmie
    simhead70 wrote: »
    Just curious, is there feedback for everyone? Or just specific builders?
    Don't tell me I missed you too!? I was sure I double checked. Did you participate in challenge 1? I did see you in Challenge
    And every builder that enters the challenges (in time) gets feedback :) Just yell at us if we miss you

edited October 2014
    @Lebanna

I have participated in 1,2 + 3. And I am not sure what category I am in. Thanks I was not sure if we were all getting feedback. :)
    Hi I'm a little late. On the other build and share page I am under established.
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #2

Trashdocka
    This place is gorgeous, the architecture is really very interesting. Your choice of exterior wall treatments and your roof line also add a great deal of interest. The bar area is very elegant. Your layout works incredibly well and your palette is gorgeous throughout, it makes for a very cohesive build. You have a great eye for object choice and placement. I am impressed with the amount of skill building items you managed to include for the budget. You have certainly followed the brief on this challenge, although I don’t really see anywhere for Douglas to showcase his artefacts etc... My favourite area is actually that lovely walk in closet, it just feels very masculine and for me encapsulates Douglas.

benlow11
    I am enthralled by that roofline you have chosen, it fits really well with the simple architecture of the rest of the build and adds just that little interest. Your window placement is really well thought out, especially that line of diagonal windows, again, adding that little bit of glamour and interest. Your layout works well, I think the decision to have the suites on either side of the build was the right one and having the office off of the master suite was also a very good idea. Your palette works well throughout, although, I’m not 100% sure on those very red kitchen cabinets, they feel very overwhelming in such a small area. Also, I’m also not sold on the use of the very old world style furniture in the living area, it feels very at odds with the modern feel of the build. Your balconies work well, some really great custom flooring out there and you made great use of the space. My favourite area is that lovely guest suite, it’s very well laid out, a lovely palette and you have chosen some really great pieces that really help to make the room feel very welcoming.

Sim: Douglas certainly looks to be enjoying his new ‘digs’. And he already has a lady friend to help him settle in. Great choice of traits.

celdys0n
    Oh my! What an elegant, charming home you have created for Douglas. That entry way is incredible, although I wonder if a paving stone would have looked more in keeping with the rest of the build, rather than that dirt pathway. Also the fountain area looks very angular in comparison to the curved entry. Your choice of exterior wall treatments works well and in general your roofline looks great, I am just not convinced about that one piece of angular roofing jutting out over the very entrance, it looks somehow out of place. I am in awe of what you managed to include for the budget, and your choice of objects, as well as your placement both work really well throughout the build. The palette is gorgeous, I can really see Douglas kicking back and relaxing here after a particularly gruelling expedition. My favourite area of your build is that master bedroom, with the fenced off alcoves through to the bathroom, such a cool idea!

Sim: Douglas looks fab! I love that cowboy hat! Great choice of other traits, I can see him digging around in Al Simahra and also attending glossy premieres as well.

Green_Girly100
    What a build!!! I adore the architecture and the exterior treatments you have chosen, you have followed that industrial theme really well throughout the entire build, which makes the build feel incredibly cohesive. Your layout works well, but I wonder about some of your choices when it comes to object placement, you have a lot of empty spaces in the dining and living areas, I understand that you wanted to keep a ‘corridor’ but, I wonder had you centered things more, if it would have felt more homely. Those splashes of colour throughout the home, work really well to soften that industrial theme. I am not sure about those rounded rugs in the kitchen though, they feel slightly out of place. My favourite place in this build is that master bathroom, so sleek and modern, yet it feels comfortable as well, those three mirrors really help create the illusion of space.

EEtheridge
    Wow, that art deco exterior is fantastic! Great use of textures out there and I am impressed with your window placement as well. The roofline looks fabulous, so well put together. Your interiors feel incredibly luxurious and that natural palette works incredibly well in that open plan living/kitchen/dining area. Great idea to have that large breakfast bar in the centre of the room, I can see it being the hub of many wonderful parties. You have made some really great object choices and you have a really good eye for object placement. The balcony looks fab, using those large windows as a ‘divider’ is such a great idea, it is actually my favourite part of your build.

Sim: It was great to see a little of one of Curtis’ famed parties and also to see his unique style, however, it would have been good to know what you chose for his other traits...

Davlan
    Oh my word, another absolutely stunningly gorgeous build! Such interesting architecture, I think your idea to leave the roof of the lobby open to the elements is just awesome. Your layout blew me away, all those gorgeous little nooks and crannies, yet they don’t see to impact the playability of the build at all, an amazing achievement. Your interiors are incredible, so well thought out, the palette, the object choices and placement all blend so well together. My favourite area of this build is that really unusually laid out kitchen, I want to get my hands on it and just cook the day away.

KelSimmie
    I would have liked to have seen more of the exterior of this build, i.e. the rooflines etc, as it is it feels very square. I do however like your exterior treatments, especially that fencing around the balcony area. I’m not 100% sure about the layout of this home, walking directly into that very traditional kitchen from the lobby just doesn’t feel quite right to me, neither does having to walk through the master bathroom to get to the bedroom, it all feels a little disjointed. That large game room is a great idea, especially having it lead out to that stunning balcony area. You have made some good object choices and you have a decent eye for object placement. My favourite area of your build is your balcony with that gorgeous fountain area!

Sim: Douglas looks fantastic! He certainly seems to be enjoying his new home. It would have been nice to get to know your version though, what his other traits were etc…

Room: You already know I adore you balcony! That fountain is just epic. I wonder though, had you used the ‘alt’ key to rotate some of the objects slightly, it may have felt a little more natural.

3rd place goes to..... Trashdocka

2nd place..... EEtheridge

And the winner is

Davlan

The winner of the Sim challenge is... celdys0n

The winner of the room challenge is... KelSimmie

Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    I was also never put into a category, but participated in challenges 2 and 3, but not number 1, so just wondering.
    Thanks!
    simhead70 wrote: »
    Hi I'm a little late. On the other build and share page I am under established.

@simhead - we have you down as starter for Sims 4, if you want to go up a level that is fine, just let us know!
    misscbong wrote: »
    I was also never put into a category, but participated in challenges 2 and 3, but not number 1, so just wondering.
    Thanks!

@misscbong - we have you down as expert, so you're feedback should be following shortly :)

edited October 2014
    @simhead - here is your feedback, apologies for the delay. This thing called "real life" is kicking all our judges' butts at the moment!

This is such a cute little build, the exterior treatments you have chosen work really well to help give it an industrial feel. The landscaping is simple, but it really works with the basic exterior, your plant choices fit well and you have made some really great use of the terrain painting tool. The roof line works well and again enhances that industrial feel. You have a good layout inside, it feels like it would 'play' well. I think however, that had you stuck with the industrial theme throughout, it would have felt a much more balanced build, the traditional interiors of the main build feel very luxurious in comparison with the stark exteriors. Your palette works well. My favourite part of this build is that office area, it feels incredibly in keeping with the exterior, I love that exposed brickwork in there!
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    @FaithofKaela - Oh! I had no idea I was even put into a category. Thanks for letting me know!
    misscbong wrote: »
    @FaithofKaela - Oh! I had no idea I was even put into a category. Thanks for letting me know!
    No worries at all @misscbong! We are hoping to get both starting and expert results up within the next day, so keep your eyes peeled :)

@FaithofKaela Thank you very much for the feedback!! Very much appreciated. I really like to know how I'm doing, weather good or bad, so thank you again.
    edited October 2014

I found this on page 17 on the Build and Share.(http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/769875/sims-4-build-n-share-challenge-3/p17)

This is what I saw, that is why I thought I was in the established. But where ever you think I should be. That is fine.

BuildnShare wrote: »
    Hi guys. we have decided on entry categories and they are as follows:

Starting
    Quelsimmy
    KitOnlyHuman
    Onikisu
    tribblet33
    Kinipeli1
    Lavende
    asphyxiateddoll
    Don_Oello
    Pammiechick