March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    edited May 2018
    @BuildnShare !!Thank You!! For such an insightful review!! Congrats to Everyone who placed and to Everyone who entered.. I loved all the builds.. so creative!!! This was a fun build that I didn't want to miss out on!! I knew my photos weren't quite right but I was rushed for time because I had an unexpected trip and barely made the deadline here... but.. i made it and your advice @BuildnShare was absolute and I needed it :)
    285JXDb.jpg
  • jhgkjhgkjhjhgkjhgkjh Posts: 256 Member
    Oh, I am so surprised and honored with my first place! Thanks @BuildnShare!
    I really enjoy reading all your comments and there is always something to pick up from all the details you look into. This topic was just so much fun and I just love how you put a story around every challenge - it makes it so easy to relate to build.

Next time I try to include more pictures of every angle.

Congrats to everyone who participated! Amazing builds were created by all of you!

And congrats to @Pallystyle, @SoulGal7, @FidgetyAtom!
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
    Gallery ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    HVCdrRO.png
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR #BNS93 - THE AGE OF AQUARIUS

[
    b]@avimileth[/b]
    Doors Lock your Soul is such a clever name, and just perfect for this hippie commune. I like the use of arches instead of doors for an open feel. Cute BBQ area with mosaic patio. The interior furniture in the living area is a good mix of found objects. Wow – love that retro wallpaper in the kitchen. Love the papered walls in the writing room. The wellness area by the pool is lovely. What a great rooftop music area! It’s perfect that you’ve included the bubble bar for our hippie friends to alter their consciousness ;)

Suggestions:The two roof pieces on your communal living area don’t tie together well. Avoid creating valleys (i.e. places water would collect IRL). I would have liked a little more explanation of which bedrooms belonged to which couples.

@FidgetyAtom
    Oh, WOW! Peaceful Psyche is just gorgeous with the abundance of purple and white trees. And the paths are in the shape of a peace sign - how clever!!! Great idea to have a space for the resident to sell handmade items. That totally fits with the commune ethos. Love the bubble bar in the center. Love the garden area - of course they would have their plants in a groovy layout instead of boring old boxes and straight lines. Lovely pool/pond - it's perfectly landscaped. The open-air kitchen is a creative take, and I love the communal bath as well. Your use of dividers here is a great touch. I love the glorified tents! Great job experimenting with different roof types and the roof controls. Thanks for the commentary/captions with your pictures - that really helps your judges out.

Suggestions: I would have liked to have known more about which individuals were assigned to which rooms and how that influenced your design choices. The lot was very eclectic which fits with the hippie vibe, but I think a bit of editing might have made an even bigger impact.

@jhgkjhgkjh
    The Happy Hippie Train is just adorable! I love the creativity of re-using the old rail cars. The communal bathing on the top floor makes great use of reclaimed space from the decorative architectural elements. And the communal area is the old train station – how clever! I love the colors brought in through the paintings and textiles. The swimmable pond is lovely. I love the lantern tree that sheds light on it. Great job with the rocks and plants around the pond. Love the “solar panel” on the roof of Lavenders and Sky’s wagon! The architecture of the wagons is just perfect. Love the “pull-out” sofa in Sparrow and Storm’s room. You’ve done a great job decorating each wagon for its inhabitant’s personalities and skills.

Suggestions: I honestly can think of a single thing I would change! I would have liked to have seen a full shot of the side of the station with the clothesline and some exteriors of Sparrow and Storms wagon though.

@KojiK
    The Red Barn Commune is very striking with the dark siding and white accents. I love the little towers on top of each building, and the pergola in the center of the lot. Great use of terrain paint to define the front paths. I love the way you've used the string lights! I've always found them difficult to work in just right. Landscaping is lovely and complements the architecture. Interesting choice to make a communal bedroom (see my note below). Beautiful murals on the exterior of the buildings. Great library shelves - I like how you've combined shelves of different wood shades. The communal kitchen and bath are very nicely designed. Thanks for labeling your photos - that's very helpful for your judges!

Suggestions: You had to read very closely to catch that the group actually wanted 3 private bedrooms. (Upon re-reading, I think we weren't as clear on that as we could have been, so I didn't take off points for that). I didn't see a computer for Lavender, guitar for Essence, art area for Raven or a pool though. Be sure to read the challenge details carefully in addition to the brief.

@maryjane2joe
    Happy Hippy Hollow looks fantastic from a bird’s eye vantage! Every inch of the lot has been put to use for this group. I love the architecture and how it looks as though it might have been added onto over time. The collectors area and activities space cover every sim's wants and needs - great job. The pool garden is gorgeously landscaped. Great outdoor laundry area. The little green kitchen is fantastic! I love the touch of the paint spatters and newspapers on the ground in the painter's area. The bedrooms have just the right amount of detail and clutter in them. I love how you've chosen furniture that is clearly mis-matched, but the room as whole still "works."

Suggestions: Could you have done something to make the pool blend in a bit more? I'm afraid Essence will find this one a bit too materialistic. On your hipped roof pieces, I would suggest pulling them "down" slightly to overlap over the walls instead of ending flush with them. Don't forget to give us overhead views with the roof down, too.

@Pallystyle
    Happy Hippy Hideaway is amazing! I love your placement of the shipping containers and how you've stacked them to give more living space on a smallish lot! The roof-top decks are a fantastic idea. I love all the plants and brightly colored artwork you've used on the exteriors. Great use of terrain paint to create paths and walkways. The "rustic" bathroom areas are very creative. The brightly colored trellises are a good choice to add some privacy. The pool with its small size and algae certainly won't make Essence think of material excesses! It's perfect for this group. The rooftop garden is such a clever idea! The interior of the gardener/collector room is amazing. Great job incorporating decor that reflects them so well. The artist/cook container is very nice as well. I love how each side has its own color scheme, but they bend so nicely together. Great kitchen - I love the multi-color cabinets. Great lighting in the dining area. I love how you've incorporated the painted garage doors into the design of each container.

Suggestions: The exterior decorations are eclectic and reflect the free spirits of the 6 commune members, but I think a little bit of editing could make an even bigger impact.

@SoulGal7
    Far Out Hippie Haven is totally FAR OUT, man! I love the back story of it starting as an abandoned camp. Great idea to use color to define the different cabins, and OMG - the names! Purple Haze is divine. Love the art area outside and the peace sign sculpture. I love how much thought you've put into the couples and the details for each that you've included in their cabin design. Gorgeous solarium for collectibles in the Mellow Yellow cabin. Feeling Groovy is so serene. It's not easy to blend colors in Sims 4, but this cabin does it effortlessly. The kitchen with living area on top is nicely done - I love the flowers "painted" on the fence pieces. Great waterfall! The outhouse is just perfect, and I love the shots of the sims enjoying their lot.

Suggestions: The interiors were almost too beautiful for this group if that makes sense. (I would think hippies would inhabit a place a little less polished than these are) Was the outhouse a one-holer? That might be a little hard to manage for 6 hippies. Again, I think this lot could have benefited from just a bit of editing.

@TresaofPern
    Forest Glade has such cute little cabins! Good use of terrain paint to create your paths. I like the use of hydrangeas as a way to line the walkways. The bedroom cabins are nicely landscaped. I love the choice of the outdoor lights that look like flowers. Great choice of fencing to outline the kitchen garden. The rock-lined pool is fantastic! Cabins are nicely laid out. The shot of the living room and kitchen/dining room is just perfect. I love the eclectic mix of seating, and the bright colors. The blue and white kitchen is very nicely done. Great study area - love the tree wallpaper. It seems perfect for this group!

SuggestionsYou have a bit of "fishbowl" lens going on with some of your pictures. See the Showcasing Your Lots guide for tips on how to avoid this. I would have liked to have known more about which couples were living in each cabin and how the cabins fit their personalities. Some of the rooms were a little bare. If you build slightly smaller, the same amount of decorations will fill up the space and look more proportional.

@Xinqun
    Arcadiana is totally unexpected, and I love it! This build has the feel of an old Greek or Roman ruin that has been taken over by the commune members. The completely open design is in keeping with their desire to be one with nature. Very cool idea to have the space for activities (painting,etc.) in the collonades. I love the communal courtyard with dining table and very psychedelic bubble bar. The collection and meditation area is nicely done. The pool area is gorgeous without being overly materialistic. Fantastic garden area, and I love the tall hedges all around to block the outside world.

Suggestions: Please provide a caption or label for your pictures to give us more information about the build. Since we judge solely from your media, make sure to provide at least one up-close picture of every room. I would have liked to have seen a little more detail in the bedrooms.
    3gHHX7s.png

SIM CHALLENGE

@lisabee2
    Great job on these sims! I love the surnames you've chosen. Super job choosing their ambitions and traits. Sky is so intense, and I love the shading in his beard. Lavender's bell bottoms and peasant top are just perfect. I would have loved to have seen a few shots of them in their commune as well.

@Pallystyle
    I just love your take on these sims! Thank you for showing them in all their outfit choices. That's helpful for getting a full picture. I love their candid shots as well. I think your ambition and trait choices are spot on. I adore Raven's technicolor coat and Essence's bellbottoms and tank top.

3gHHX7s.png

ROOM CHALLENGE

@SoulGal7
    This room is just an explosion of color and exuberance. I love that it's open to nature which fits with the clients so well. Great job of blending so many colors and patterns and giving the group so many activities to enjoy.

3gHHX7s.png

THIRD PLACE IS A TIE BETWEEN....

@FidgetyAtom and @SoulGal7

SECOND PLACE ....

@Pallystyle

AND THE WINNER OF THE BUILD CHALLENGE IS....

@jhgkjhgkjh

WINNER OF THE SIM CHALLENGE IS...

@Pallystyle

Both of these entries were so great, but it came down to being able to see all their outfits and the fantastic candid shots of the sims in their commune.

WINNER OF THE ROOM CHALLENGE IS...

@SoulGal7

OH bummer .. I had those shots but must have forgotten to put them in the slideshow (sooner or later I will get it right :) Awesome JOB @Pallystyle <3

Congrats to the winners <3 so many fun builds
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    Congrats to all the winners and entrants for the Starting Out area for #bns93 - Age of Aquarius. Congrats to @lisabee2 - I really loved that commune, and your room was fantastic. Congrats on getting 2nd in the build and winning on the room challenge! Great work! @4Sanne - your hippie commune was so gorgeous - congrats for 1st place! @lorrie1910 - your hippie sims were funny - I loved them! Even though not everyone won, I wanted to say that I looked at everyone's builds and everyone did a great job! I really, really liked this challenge theme. Everyone's builds were amazing. Thanks to @BuildnShare for taking time to do comments. Even though these are not my builds, I do read the comments and sometimes even go back and look at the build. Thank you for taking time to do this. :)

<3<3<3 ty .. and congrats are in order for you too @SoulGal7
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Congrats to the winners and double congrats to @lisabee2 for winning the room challenge as well as placing 2nd!

TY so much <3<3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    fcuRqPI.png
    STARTING OUT RESULTS FOR #BNS93 - THE AGE OF AQUARIUS
    @lorrie1910

Rainbow Rise is such a wonderful commune that speaks volumes of peace and happiness. Fantastic layout, it's great you have made the veggie garden the central point with different activity areas and buildings surrounding. You have made good use of terrain paint to create beautiful winding pathways throughout and also to define these. I really love how you've edged the swimming pond with plants and rocks, this makes it all the more realistic. The communal building looks almost psychedelic which certainly brings the 60/70's hippie era to focus. The sunflower entrance is very welcoming and it's good to see the sunny yellow theme inside, very cheery and bright. The private dwellings are very cute and quaint with their hexagonal shapes which are all furnished beautifully. I particularly like your purple colour choice for Lavender's room, very appropriate! Your choice of wall coverings in the cottages are perfect for the style of this commune and provide much life and vibrance to the rooms.

Suggestions: Thank you for providing an overhead shot of the ground floor of the commune, we also like to see overheads with the roof up in order to view the structures. In your slideshow I noticed sky coming through the ceiling in one of the cottages! You could either zoom in more to block this out or edit the picture and cut it out. You have a lot of budget left over which could have been put to good use. For example, the commune could have been surrounded by fencing/hedging/walls etc to make it more private.

Sim Challenge: Rainbow Hippies are a fantastic bunch, all dressed beautifully in true hippie style. I also love the beards and long hair, very typical of the 60/70's. The traits you have chosen are very fitting for each of their characters and it was wonderful to see them 'living' in the commune and carrying out their day to day activities.

@4Sanne

Wow, Back to Nature Commune is a true masterpiece, everything about this creation is absolutely superb! Fantastic layout of the commune with lots of different areas brought together with perfectly designed terrain painted pathways. I absolutely love the natural pool, looks so beautiful and where better to practice yoga than here. Your landscaping is also first class and the purple, gold and green scheme looks very natural. There are fabulous features galore in this build but my favourite is the design of the shower/sink/WC/bath combo, amazing! I also really like the gardening area, looks so good edged with stones. Your interior design throughout is as impeccable as the exterior. The log cabin is full of colour and clutter, the various mats really add to the warmth and homeliness of this space. The yurt is a total contrast, the elegant white looks wonderfully surreal compared to the rest of the commune.

Suggestions: There is absolutely nothing I can suggest to improve your build, in my eyes this is perfection! My only suggestion is to enter at a higher level next time.

@SourJaneSims

Eco Tiny House Commune has a fantastic layout, I really like how you've placed the buildings surrounding the central gardening plot. Great idea to place a canopy and cushions in this area, it will be lovely to rest here after all the hard work. You have put terrain paint to good use providing lots of winding pathways to the different areas. I really like how you've focused on eco living, even down to using recycled materials for the build! I love the peat composting toilets and the idea of the showers using recycled rainwater, very environmentally friendly. You have really thought everything out thoroughly and paid great attention to detail. Each home is beautifully designed containing it's owners hobbies and interests.

Suggestions: I see there is a lot of budget left over. I would have used this to further seclude the lot with fencing/walls/hedging and provided an entrance to the commune.

@Zayven

Flower Power is such a pretty name for such a beautiful build which reminds me of a Victorian glasshouse with all the large ornate windows and glass roof. There will certainly be plenty of light and air indoors. Excellent idea to provide planting on the top atrium, this really has the greenhouse effect. Good to see you used terrain paint to create winding pathways to the different areas, I really love all the nooks and crannies you have designed. The upper balconies are fabulous areas for rest and relaxation in the outdoors or carrying out activities and hobbies. Gorgeous front garden with an interesting combination of edible and ornate plants, the orchard is a wonderful 'plus'. Lovely interior layout with the central washroom surrounded by living spaces. I absolutely love how you created the communal bath with the sunken benches and what a fantastic thought to provide multiple appliances in the kitchen, very necessary for all the residents.

Suggestions: Watch the budget, this is the Gallery cost plus the lot cost unless otherwise stated. Regarding the front garden I love how natural the flower beds and veggie plots work together but I feel the circular bed with the bunny next to it looks quite out of sync with the rest of the landscaping. I would have replaced this with a small pond perhaps.

Sim Challenge: Your household are a very colourful and cheery bunch and it was fantastic to see them carrying out their chosen activities. They really seem well suited to their commune and enjoy each others company around the large table. It would have been wonderful to see them in their different outfits, their everyday ones are spot on for hippie style.

@lisabee2

Off the Grid Too has such a wonderful layout, very nicely spread out using all the space provided on the lot. The buildings are lovely and colourful and I love the idea of yurt living, perfect for a hippie commune. Wow, you have provided many areas for different activities, never a dull moment here! My favourite place is the hobby farm, the design is fantastic for all the animals and I particularly like the pigsty, so cute. The flea market is also a wonderful idea, the extra cash from passers-by will come in handy. I also love the natural swimming pool, it blends is beautifully with it's surroundings. I had to smile at the underground shelter, what a wonderful surprise to see this 'den' with living spaces and perfect for storage. It's great to see you have named the yurts different colours and decorated and furnished them accordingly. The blue one is cool shabby chic, the green very tropical and the yellow lovely and sunny.

Suggestions: It's good to see you have used terrain paint in places but I feel the commune would have benefited from winding pathways/dirt tracks leading to the different buildings and activity areas. This would have better tied the commune together.

Room Challenge: Your communal yurt looks fantastic with it's hexagonal shape, very unique and creatively crafted together. I absolutely love all the vibrant colours and clutter, very hippie-like. Your attention to detail is top notch and it's great to see all the different activity areas. I particularly like how you've moo'd the window herb garden, looks amazing.

3gHHX7s.png

The Winner of this Challenge is ....

@4Sanne

Second place goes to ....

@lisabee2

The winner of the Sim Challenge is ....

@lorrie1910

The winner of the Room Challenge is ....

@lisabee2

TY judges I am honored I will look for even more ops to use terrain paint

<3 I loved all the entries (my hippie heart was so happy looking at all of them)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • 4Sanne4Sanne Posts: 46 Member
    edited May 2018
    Wow! Thanks @BuildnShare ! I guessed starting out wasn't gonna be my catagory for long, but I never thought I would win the very first time I entered! <3:D
    And ofcourse congrats to all the other winners! <3
  • Laireen35Laireen35 Posts: 47 Member
    Oh whau! I never expected to be in the top three (four) of this challenge... It was sooo rushed and I didn't feel that I finished it properly. Sometimes going out of comfort zone isn't really all that uncomfortable :-) Thanks to the judges for taking the time do look at all those incredible builds! And to all the contestants for bringing these challenges to the next level!
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    HVCdrRO.png

@FidgetyAtom
    Oh, WOW! Peaceful Psyche is just gorgeous with the abundance of purple and white trees. And the paths are in the shape of a peace sign - how clever!!! Great idea to have a space for the resident to sell handmade items. That totally fits with the commune ethos. Love the bubble bar in the center. Love the garden area - of course they would have their plants in a groovy layout instead of boring old boxes and straight lines. Lovely pool/pond - it's perfectly landscaped. The open-air kitchen is a creative take, and I love the communal bath as well. Your use of dividers here is a great touch. I love the glorified tents! Great job experimenting with different roof types and the roof controls. Thanks for the commentary/captions with your pictures - that really helps your judges out.

Suggestions: I would have liked to have known more about which individuals were assigned to which rooms and how that influenced your design choices. The lot was very eclectic which fits with the hippie vibe, but I think a bit of editing might have made an even bigger impact.

Oh, gosh thank you for the suggestions! I will put explanations like that in my showcase in the future (If applied)! @BuildnShare A bit of editing? On what, the build or the photos?

Thanks so much! I didn't think I'd place in this challenge. I appreciate you all taking the time to look at everyone's showcases and tell us what we could change. I'm always shooting to be better!

Congrats to everyone! Such beautiful and amazing builds.
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    Thanks to the judges, and congratulations all around. I'd been watching the builds come in, and thinking, "ooh, why didn't I think of that?"
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    Thanks for the constructive criticism! It must have been hard work judging these lots in all categories! I had such a fun time with this one.

Congrats to all who placed in all categories and ranks! And for every one who entered, thanks for sharing your work. I enjoyed all the builds!
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited May 2018
    HVCdrRO.png

@FidgetyAtom

Oh, gosh thank you for the suggestions! I will put explanations like that in my showcase in the future (If applied)! @BuildnShare A bit of editing? On what, the build or the photos?

Thanks so much! I didn't think I'd place in this challenge. I appreciate you all taking the time to look at everyone's showcases and tell us what we could change. I'm always shooting to be better!

Congrats to everyone! Such beautiful and amazing builds.

@FidgetyAtom - just some text to let us know what each room was and your reasons behind some of your choices, i.e. which Sim did you decorate for?

As for editing, that's just taking a hard look when you're finished designing and pulling back a bit. Removing some decor items often makes the remaining objects even more impactful. Sometimes less is more ;)
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,624 Member
    Congrats to everyone in the Established Category and thanks to @BuildnShare for the great comments on all the builds. And, woot, my room won, and I was 3rd in the house. Thanks so much! I have to say that after the Black and White challenge, I was going to take a break, because I am not the fastest builder, or really good at roofs, but then I saw the category and knew I had to try my hand at it, and I am sure glad I did. This was a really fun challenge and I loved seeing everyone's builds.
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    I want to say congrats to all winners and runner uppers in this round! All of them was a hoot to look at. I normally don't pay to much attention to the Sims challenge, but this round they were all so awesome. Great builds everyone!
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    :star: Congrats to all winners and runner uppers :star: So many fantastic communes to look at and I enjoyed each of them :smiley:

and many thanks to @BuildnShare for the feedback, you don't like the LSD art hut floor? can't believe it :D
    edited May 2018
    fcuRqPI.png
    STARTING OUT RESULTS FOR #BNS94 - The Hawthorne Project VIII

@lorrie1910
    nZmVdYr.jpg?1

A House for Herbey is a nice starter home on a picturesque lot in Windenburg.The natural gray fieldstone of the house's outdoor facade blends nicely with the surrounding countryside. The garden is busting with fresh produce, and an apple and plantain tree are planted nearby. So convenient to the kitchen. The pathway to the front door leads right past the outdoor pool and patio. I love that you chose a blue-striped umbrella table and placed the easel outside. The house has a very easy layout, and the inside colors of blue and yellow are repeated throughout. The sunny kitchen is practical and includes an eat-in area. A welcome gift of some marshmallow squares sits on the kitchen table. How nice! The living room is full of things to do from watching tv, playing chess or strumming the guitar. What a great room for when Hermey has guests. The bathroom is conveniently located to all rooms, and Hermey will certainly enjoy his tub/shower combo as he takes a relaxing bubble bath. Next to this is the office, where Hermey can study dentistry with the computer and bookshelf, and keep in shape with the treadmill. What a great chair you chose for the desk. The bedroom is a cheery room with a yellow bedspread on the bed and a small yellow dresser that can hold lots of his new clothes. All windows have drapes and the debug lighting is a great idea. All in all, a very nice build.

Suggestions: Using the terrain tools and edging the house with "dirt" will give your build a more realistic look. I would have liked to see a few "clutter" items or indoor plants. A selfie or painting by Hermey would have worked nicely on a wall. You could also enlarge some of the inexpensive indoor plants, and there are also free clutter items in debug mode. Also, by moving in the back wall by 1 tile, would have freed up some extra simoleons (to perhaps buy a bar), but not affect the overall build.

3gHHX7s.png

@lorrie1910 - Congrats on winning #BnS94 - The Hawthorne Project VIII

zYpH1Od.png

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @lorrie1910 !!Congrats on your win!! I love your home !!
    285JXDb.jpg
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    @lorrie1910 Congrats! It's such a cute house :)
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
    edited May 2018
    @lorrie1910 - Congrats on your win! Woot! Fantastic! And I love the new way that you are presenting the winners - like an Olympic medal podium. So cool!
  • lorrie1910lorrie1910 Posts: 26 Member
    Thanks everyone, wasn't expecting to win so this was a really nice surprise.
    HVCdrRO.png
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR #BNS94 - The Hawthorne Project VIII

@maryjane2joe
    UXDDIYB.jpg?1

The Wonderland Lot is such a beautiful home for Hermey and perfectly sited close to the beach. The structure is greatly interesting and the roofing very unique. Good choice of windows which will allow plenty of light indoors and I absolutely love the water feature at the front, looks so cool and refreshing. I can almost see the palm trees blowing in the breeze and smell the fresh lavender, very welcoming. The rear patio flooring is very attractive and blends well with the wall textures. This is a wonderful place to relax after tending to the mini allotment at the back. Going inside looks lovely and modern and the large windows provide a light and airy feel to the place.

Suggestions: It would have been good to see more pics of the interiors, a few shots of each room at different angles. Regarding the front path this looks a little 'forced' to me. I always think it best to blend in with the surroundings. Perhaps using the 'cobbled together' terrain paint which you have used to edge the borders and faded it out to meet the grass at the edge of the lot would look more natural in this instance.

@TresaofPern
    qxQkuQF.png

Simple Pleasures is such a cute and gorgeous build, a dream house for Hermey. The facade is very attractive, the fencing and columns of the front porch really enhance the home as do the pretty plants and terrain painted pathway leading to the entrance. It will be lovely to play chess or work out here while watching the world go by. The shuttered windows are a good choice and I love the shape of the pool at the rear, the little patio here is perfect. Great interior layout with all rooms easily accessible. The living room looks lovely and spacious and I really like the industrial vibe of the kitchen. The laundry area in the bathroom is an excellent idea, it will certainly make life easier.

Suggestions: I would like to see more attention to landscaping, this is a huge part of any creation. Perhaps fencing/hedging around the pool area would provide privacy here and create an outdoor 'room'. Also a terrain painted pathway from the pool patio leading to the veggie garden would have provided more interest and looked more natural.

@jhgkjhgkjh
    Jj3gR7l.png?1

Wow, Green Oasis is an absolutely stunning build with a very interesting structure and great roofing. I really love the Mediterranean style and this world is a perfect choice for Hermey, so warm and sunny. Beautiful appearance, the blue window and door trims look cool and refreshing and a wonderful contrast to the stucco and dark wood. Perfect choice of planting for this climate and I love the seat placement on the front porch, it will be lovely to sit here and watch the comings and goings. Great idea to wall off the rear garden, this will provide much privacy when swimming in the pool or relaxing in the lanai. The chess nook and bin storage areas at the side make good use of this space and it will be lovely to paint on the upper balcony overlooking the surroundings. Your interior design is equally as beautiful as the exterior, the pops of colour give lots of life and warmth and the kitchen tiles are perfect. Love the bedhead surround feature and the quirky flipflop lights look like they belong here.

Suggestions: I really wouldn't change a thing about this beautiful build other than add corbels under the bedroom roof and perhaps move the lights down a little to accommodate the corbels.

@FidgetyAtom
    iKbTVpe.png

Hilltop Cottage is absolutely gorgeous, looks fresh out of a storybook with it's curved roofing and tower. Wonderful choice of wall textures and fenestration and the pretty plants at the front greatly enhance the build. The rear garden is so beautiful with a cool refreshing pool area, I can just imagine relaxing at the bar or dining al fresco. Going inside it's good to see you've continued with the cottage style and the open plan living areas offer a wonderful sense of spaciousness. It's no wonder Hermey likes to spend much time in the living room with all the various activities provided, it's fabulous. I also love the large windows in the kitchen/diner looking out to the pool, what a beautiful view!

Suggestions: It's really good to see you divided the rear garden into 'rooms'. As the wall surrounds the garden I would have replaced the divider wall with a wooden fence perhaps or even hedging, just to give it more interest. I would also have defined the veggie garden to make it look more like a 'plot', the small fencing is good for this.

@Wildling
    Ax7RZ5G.png

Tiki Beach House is such a beautiful build, very original built on stilts over rocks and a small jungle. The curved roof and dormer give it that little extra and looks very picture postcard with it's whitewashed walls and plants hanging down. The greenery below is lush and very tropical and I love how the build is sited overlooking the sea. The terrain painted track leading to the veggie garden looks very natural and you have tucked the waste bin away very nicely. The balcony looks such a beautiful place to paint or relax by the pool with a refreshing drink. I really like how you've connected this area to the living room, the open 'window' is amazing. The warm natural textures of the interiors contrast well with the pops of bright colour in the furnishings and decor, very cheery. The 'L' shaped sofa is unique and I like how you've creatively placed other objects in this room.

Suggestions: There is not much I would change about this beautiful build except to add a pathway/track to the firepit. I would have used only one rug in the kitchen, possibly enlarged, to circle the table and chairs.

@Bolonkafrauchen
    6RJzxL5.png

Elf Summer Refuge is a beautiful home for Hermey. The shuttered windows provide a very attractive facade which is enhanced by the pretty plants. Wow, the rear garden is a tropical oasis with it's lush plants and trees. The swimming pool is absolutely gorgeous and I love the beach area with the bar and seating, what a fabulous place to relax. There are certainly plenty of activities provided and the patio is a much needed place to rest after the hard work of gardening. Going inside is lovely to see the sunny yellow wall textures, this really gives a bright and cheery vibe while the blue tones of the bathroom are cool and refreshing.

Suggestions: Firstly please title the pics in your slideshow, this makes it clearer for us to tell what's what. Regarding the interiors I'm not sure about the idea of a bed in the kitchen/diner (unless it was a studio apartment). I would have made the living room a bedroom and moved the sofa and tv in with the kitchen/diner. I also thought a path leading to the front door from the road/pavement would have been beneficial instead of walking over the plants.

@KojiK
    zY58bU9.jpg

La Casa Amarilla is a gorgeous Mediterranean build with a facade which speaks of peace and tranquility. I absolutely love the roofing of the sun porch and how it lets in dappled shade, very creatively designed. The chess is wonderfully placed in the fresh air and it will be lovely to dip in the refreshing pool after working out. You have paid great attention to detail with this style, the little touches such as the veggies placed at the front of the porch and the plants hanging on the walls. I also really like the table and chairs under the tree, lots of cool shade here. Good to see you've brought warmth to the interiors with the sunny yellow walls and the bright colours of the decor and furnishings. The open plan living areas are lovely and spacious divided well with the use of counters.

Suggestions: I really love the pathway leading up to the house but I don't feel it really blends with the surroundings, it starts too sharply. I would either have used the 'cobbled together' terrain paint and faded it out to blend in with the grass at the beginning of the pathway or used fencing and a gate at the start of it.

@SoulGal7
    mfqiOfg.png

Beach Dreams is a very appropriate name for such a beautiful 'dream' home. The cool blue exteriors combined with all the colourful trims and decor really boost the coastal vibe as does the front deck with bar and lighting. Gorgeous landscaping which really enhances the home and I love how you've used terrain paint to create pathways and different areas. The rear deck looks wonderfully peaceful, perfect for a bbq and I love the refreshing lap pool. Great interior layouts decorated in sunny warm shades contrasting well with soothing blue tones, again very coastal. I really like how you've used counters to divide the kitchen and living areas and made good use of the bedroom space to add shower and computer rooms.

Suggestions: Although the deck connects the two buildings I would have continued the 'pergola' type roofing of the cabana along to the side of the cottage, this would provide continuity and flow. I would also have provided a few mats and/or potted plants on the front and rear decks just to give more interest to these areas.

@4Sanne
    83JNzY1.png

Seabreeze Paradise truly is a fantastic home for Hermey and is sited in a location which does indeed resemble paradise, beautiful views of the ocean. Excellent choice of plants and trees which really give a tropical feel and the shrubs blend in well with the surroundings. The front deck is lovely and spacious and perfect for relaxing or even having a cool drink by the pool. I love the idea of also being able to access the pool from the living room. The barn has been converted beautifully into a modern and stylish home which is wonderfully light and airy due to the large windows letting in the sunlight. The white interiors contrast well with the brick walls giving an elegant yet rustic effect. Great open plant layout divided well with the half wall which gives definition to the different areas.

Suggestions: I really like the shape of the gardening plot but was a little disappointed to see it not fully planted. If the budget was the issue I would have placed the plants and trees already there further apart and scattered them about to fill the area up. I also feel the home needed extra clutter and decor to make it feel more homely and lived in, particularly in the bedroom.

@SimsIslandheart
    f85KyAq.jpg

Hermey's Hideaway is very cute and gorgeous with a wonderful cheery appearance enhanced by the flipflop lights and decorations. The purple plants at the front add to the beauty of the facade and the large windows will provide light and airy interiors. It's good to see you've used terrain paint to create pathways around the bungalow and to the veggie garden. The rear porch is very ornate and attractive with the columns and spandrels and is perfectly shaded for working out or painting while observing the beautiful views. The swimming pool looks so refreshing, it will be lovely to cool off here. Going inside I absolutely love the sunny yellow theme, very warm and bright. The open plan concept provides a feeling of spaciousness in the living areas and the soft warm tones contrast well with the cool blue. The computer and chess nook looks fabulous tucked away from the main areas.

Suggestions: First of all please title your pics, it's expected at this level. The veggie garden is lovely and spacious but I would have liked to see this 'filled out' more. Perhaps spread the plants about or create a pathway in the middle. Also I would have placed a seat and maybe some flowering plants or mats in the rear porch, this would add colour and interest to this area and provide a resting place after working out or painting.

3gHHX7s.png

The Winner of this challenge is @jhgkjhgkjh
    Second place goes to @Wildling
    Third place is @KojiK

gxIbIU2.jpg

GArBA5W.jpg
    Congrat Everyone for your placements!! I loved all the entries; as usual :) This was truly an exciting build challenge!! Thank You for a wonderful review!!
    285JXDb.jpg
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,209 Member
    Congrats to the winners! I hope I'm as good at building as you are someday!
    image.png
    Congrats to @jhgkjhgkjh @wildling @kojik - so fantastic that you won. And congrats as well to all those who participated. There were so many terrific builds, I am sure it was very difficult for @BuildnShare to just pick 3. And thank you @BuildnShare for the comments on my build.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top