Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimguruGraham on why you should buy the game

Comments

• Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited August 2014
    averee90 wrote:
    pguida wrote:
    averee90 wrote:
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Are people purposefully misreading my posts today or what?

Yes, they are Joe. They purposefully twist your words so that they can inject their negative agenda into a thread, quickly followed by posts of their yesmen who have yet to get an original thought themselves.

They defend that by 'wanting to like the game' and 'we can have our opinion too' and after they started insulting people and gotten payed back in kind, they've added 'we're getting insulted for our opinion' to their repertoire.

You have to hand it to them, they have made it their life's mission to be miserable on a forum for a game they don't like and often state 'that they won't buy it'.

But hey, they're looking for ways to 'like the game'; we should give them some room to do that. ^^

Why don't you get over yourself already? Every single one of your posts are pointless, condescending, sarcastic and add absolutely NOTHING to the conversation.

Every. Single. Post. :?

I think people get that you're one of the cheerleaders, m'kay?

You told it like it is!

More like I lost my temper on the internet. :lol: Seriously though, sometimes I get so frustrated when I come here. It's like people refuse to comprehend the things that are WRONG about this game (and God, there are so many things WRONG about this game it isn't funny). :shock:

What? ! There is nothing wrong with the game. ''I don't have a dishwasher in real life silo I don't care if it is in the game. :lol: sadly I'm paraphrasing someone
  • Options
    Jdavij20033Jdavij20033 Posts: 2,054 Member
    edited August 2014
    Claire17 wrote:
    Halle_M wrote:
    Definitely buy Skyrim.

Those graphics are absolutely breathtaking. I think I heard that there's an expansion pack where your character can get married or something, too. Plus, everything is better with dragons. :P

I also like the look of GTA V. I'm not really into shooter games, but hey, might as well try something new and the graphics are incredible.

No you can get married in the base game. There's an expansion pack where you can build your own houses and adopt children though. In fact it's been out so long you can pick up everything as the legendary edition quite cheaply.

I adore it, and it's also got a huge modding community which unlike the sims has a lot of game play mods as well as object mods. I think that's one thing that's made me very wary of the sims. Bethesda has a different model for making money so I spent less than £100 on the base game and eps and have had about 1000 hours of enjoyment out of the game - and still playing, and really looking forward to a free community made EP that's supposed I be released soon called Bruma where as with EA they always seem to be shoving the next EP or over-priced store content at us.

The modding community (thanks to Bethesda handing out the Creation Kit) has really been the reason that people still play Skyrim. Halle_M, you would not even believe the amount of mods that have been made for this game. Mods that make the world look crystal clear and more breathtaking than the original game. Mods that add new storylines, new characters, new everything. There are even mods that expand upon the original cities and towns, and create towns in places where there was no town to begin with.

Seriously, if my Skyrim characters could have babies and die, I would never play Sims again.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    rifJadC.png
  • Options
    Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member
    edited August 2014
    Claire17 wrote:
    Halle_M wrote:
    Definitely buy Skyrim.

Those graphics are absolutely breathtaking. I think I heard that there's an expansion pack where your character can get married or something, too. Plus, everything is better with dragons. :P

I also like the look of GTA V. I'm not really into shooter games, but hey, might as well try something new and the graphics are incredible.

No you can get married in the base game. There's an expansion pack where you can build your own houses and adopt children though. In fact it's been out so long you can pick up everything as the legendary edition quite cheaply.

I adore it, and it's also got a huge modding community which unlike the sims has a lot of game play mods as well as object mods. I think that's one thing that's made me very wary of the sims. Bethesda has a different model for making money so I spent less than £100 on the base game and eps and have had about 1000 hours of enjoyment out of the game - and still playing, and really looking forward to a free community made EP that's supposed I be released soon called Bruma where as with EA they always seem to be shoving the next EP or over-priced store content at us.

The modding community (thanks to Bethesda handing out the Creation Kit) has really been the reason that people play Skyrim. Halle_M, you would not even believe the amount of mods that have been made for this game. Mods that make the world look crystal clear and more breathtaking than the original game. Mods that add new storylines, new characters, new everything. There are even mods that expand upon the original cities and towns, and create towns in places where there was no town to begin with.

Seriously, if my Skyrim characters could have babies and die, I would never play Sims again.

I want Bethesda to make their own version of the sims so much it hurts!

One thing I did find a bit frustrating (but only after the first 500 hours or so) is that being so used to playing the sims there are limited quite limited decoration options...so after a few false starts I've learned how to use the CK:)
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited August 2014
    GabbyGirlJ wrote:
    You can get married in the vanilla game. The expansion lets you adopt kids and build your own house (you can only buy pre-built ones in the base game). Anyway Skyrim is amazing. Hands down one of the best games I've played. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Okay, all of you sold me on it, lol! :D I'll still be playing S3, but it will make a nice alternative to S4.

...It's too bad they can't make it even more similar to The Sims and really give EA a run for their money...
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Claire17 wrote:
    I want Bethesda to make their own version of the sims so much it hurts!

I feel ya on that one. If only I knew how to code!
    rifJadC.png
  • Options
    rkalanurkalanu Posts: 158 Member
    edited August 2014
    My response to Graham's post on why we should buy this game, in case you haven't seen it:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/768429.page
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited August 2014
    Okay, I see how you don't get this.

Let me put it another way.

Once, I got a virus visiting Yahoo's front page, actually it was the MOST terrible piece of malware that I have ever encountered! How did Yahoo give me the malware? Yahoo is a MAJOR internet corporation! They didn't intentionally give me it. Someone hacked their site and gave it to me.

Viruses/ malware are attached to ANY type of files (whether that is just cookies or files you physically download) that are shared, if viruses can't be shared, then they would not be spread. It doesn't have to be CC to get a virus. All the malware has to do is locate a file, attach itself and wait to be shared. 9/10 times you will have malware on your computer and not even notice it until it starts to change things. I challenge you to get malware bytes free edition and do a scan... you might be surprised to see what your computer might have picked up. I know my friend was surprised that she had malware, because it wasn't even affecting her system at all! It is because it attached itself to a program I NEED that it affected me. (and then changed file names that was needed as well)

Let me reiterate: It doesn't matter, CC or not, website or not, game file or word file... malware and viruses can and will infect your computer if you are not scanning everything with anti-virus AND malware protection software.

So what you're saying is that directly downloading and installing content into the game will skip the step of being scanned by anti-virus programs?

My own concern about installing things directly into one's computer via the Gallery, is that glitched cc attaches itself to files without the person being aware of it or even using that object on a lot which they upload. That is why unless someone says that they check their file with Custard *before* they upload it, I will check it myself before I install it into my game. Even the people who say their stuff is cc free -- check it with Custard and you'll find cc. (I am not blaming the cc artists btw, I LOVE what they do for my game!)

It's not actual malware that concerns me, it's just your average run of the mill cc which is a bit glitched. And once your game gets a glitch of any kind, well that compounds and spreads and pretty soon you're wondering how come your game is laggy. I have seen an awful lot of people who have had the Tree of Prosperity in their game these last several years -- but it's been a major source of glitch the entire time. It was only in that last patch or two that it was fixed and is now safe to use. (Writin' Reg said that about the Tree originally, I'm only repeating.)
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited August 2014
    Hummmm.....

Well, if you've done a pretty good job at selling a "fiction" in the past, how do I know you are not "selling me a fiction" today?

Graham, you are the most trustworthy of your group, at least to me, but how can I believe you now?

We've been told one thing about what's in the game, but then, "things change," so now what we've been told will be in the game, is not in the game. More fiction? or is it actually a matter of time and resources?

Can you find out if you can tell us what to expect? Will the promised/things change items be sold to us or will you patch them in?

You must have seen that I've cancelled my pre-order again. This time I don't intend to reorder. But if you can tell us if it's a patch or not, I'll reconsider. Otherwise, it's going to be a long time before I get the game. A very long time....if ever.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'll just pass out the popcorn and move on.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSeIHpHKooaDbVr2-_mmcAai-CCkl8jMINUEWKusTHP0x15qegn
  • Options
    Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member
    edited August 2014
    Evalen wrote:

For some reason (probably because I'm stuffed full of migraine tablets and we've just been talking about skyrim / your avi has a passing resemblance to a couple of skyrim elders) I'm now have a mental image of you trotting off into the sunset on a horse in skyrim (as a metaphor for this thread)....probably with popcorn:)
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited August 2014
    GabbyGirlJ wrote:
    Halle_M wrote:
    Definitely buy Skyrim.

You can get married in the vanilla game. The expansion lets you adopt kids and build your own house (you can only buy pre-built ones in the base game). Anyway Skyrim is amazing. Hands down one of the best games I've played. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Skyrim is/was one of the most amazing games ever. I cancelled everything I had going on the day it was released and stood in line to buy it (had it preordered or I wouldn't have gotten a copy right away). My friends and I texted each other, "Can't __________ today because of Skyrim. Later!" There have been many times in the game where I just stand and stare.

Oops, supposed to keep this on topic. So I'll just say The Sims 4 has EMOTIONS!!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Claire17 wrote:
    Evalen wrote:

For some reason (probably because I'm stuffed full of migraine tablets and we've just been talking about skyrim / your avi has a passing resemblance to a couple of skyrim elders) I'm now have a mental image of you trotting off into the sunset on a horse in skyrim (as a metaphor for this thread)....probably with popcorn:)

Uthgerd the Unbroken is who I was thinking of. I had to kill her for Boethiah's Calling. I felt really bad.
    rifJadC.png
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited August 2014
    Claire17 wrote:
    Could someone at EA please transfer all the producers to the mobile gaming, get someone who understands the concept of a sandbox life simulator in and start over with a proper sequel to the sims?

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited August 2014
    pguida wrote:
    Dearra95 wrote:
    This is from honeywell's site.
    http://honeywellsims4news.tumblr.com/

Interesting quote:
    "I know you’ve already heard and read the official "pitch" from numerous places, so instead I’ll offer this… Four main entries into the franchise and it becomes more of a challenge to explain the nuances of what’s different from one to the next. For example, we say something along the line of, "hey, these new emotions Sims have are pretty rad", and people counter with, "but my Sims have always had emotions". Well… ok, maybe we did a convincing job selling that fiction in previous games, but truly your Sims haven’t had anything like this before."

He basically admits they've fooled us before and asks us to trust his new pitch?

Don't break my heart, Graham... :cry:
    Classic!!!
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited August 2014
    To me, the number of people who don't believe anything (positive) about this game unless they see it with their own eyes speaks volumes of just how badly the PR has been. The decision to cut toddlers was the worst decision they could have made. Not necessarily because toddlers were absolutely integral to gameplay, but because it was a cut that no one expected would ever happen and we had previously been told that all lifestages would be included in TS4.

That one thing broke the trust of many fans, and since then disgruntled simmers seem to be behaving like someone who has been cheated on but chose to stay with the cheater. We're jumping on every little infraction from Maxis because we don't trust them anymore, and there really isn't anything that they can do to fix the trust issues unless they reconsider and put toddlers (at this point they would probably have to do a lot more) back in the game. Unlike a cheater, Maxis actually can take this back, but they won't.

I'm not even sure what point I am trying to make. I suppose hearing Graham say, you should still buy it because of the emotions is the same thing as the cheater saying "You should stay with me because I love you and I made a mistake". You don't know if either one of them will never do it again.

How's that for an analogy? :wink:
    Wow! That's actually a perfect analogy :)

The cheater even admitted he lies (although in different context):
    Graham wrote:
    ok, maybe we did a convincing job selling that fiction in previous games
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Claire17 wrote:
    OK Joe, which are the 'minor things' people are complaining about

pguida did a good job of listing several right after this post of yours.

A couple that caught my eye:

Individual eyelashes
    trash compactors

People have to be purposefully looking for things to complain about if this is what they mention when I ask for game play features Sims 3 had at launch that Sims 4 won't have at launch.

Also just to make sure I wasn't going completely crazy I loaded up Sims 3 and kept my Sim on his home lot for 24 sim hours and other than people driving to their rabbit hole jobs and back home I saw exactly 1 person walking around.

Apparently toddlers, casT, open world, story progression and terrain elevation changes are not important enough features for you to consider that the lack of those features are greatly disturbing to so many players. You seem so trapped by the regimented belief system which exists in your own mind, that you can't notice anything else.

People are telling you that those features are a big deal to how they enjoy the game, and you continually dismiss what they are telling you. And then they attempt to add to the list, as if it is a longer list which will finally get your attention and convince you that they are entitled to find enjoyment in certain features and be distressed by their absence.

There is no point having a conversation with this individual. He is either autistic or stoned -- and apologies if my references are upsetting to anyone. Just trying to convey the idea the someone has issues of some kind and you're wasting your time. Ignoring is the best option, imo.
  • Options
    Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited August 2014
    averee90 wrote:
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Are people purposefully misreading my posts today or what?

Yes, they are Joe. They purposefully twist your words so that they can inject their negative agenda into a thread, quickly followed by posts of their yesmen who have yet to get an original thought themselves.

They defend that by 'wanting to like the game' and 'we can have our opinion too' and after they started insulting people and gotten payed back in kind, they've added 'we're getting insulted for our opinion' to their repertoire.

You have to hand it to them, they have made it their life's mission to be miserable on a forum for a game they don't like and often state 'that they won't buy it'.

But hey, they're looking for ways to 'like the game'; we should give them some room to do that. ^^

Why don't you get over yourself already? Every single one of your posts are pointless, condescending, sarcastic and add absolutely NOTHING to the conversation.

Every. Single. Post. :?

I think people get that you're one of the cheerleaders, m'kay?

averee90-The only condescension and sarcasm I see is your response. m'kay? ;)

LittleMinx-you forgot to put that they also don't want you to allow your opinion especially if it hits a nerve as this obviously did. Agree with everything you said!! :thumbup:
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • Options
    TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    edited August 2014
    Dearra95 wrote:

Interesting quote:
    "I know you’ve already heard and read the official "pitch" from numerous places, so instead I’ll offer this… Four main entries into the franchise and it becomes more of a challenge to explain the nuances of what’s different from one to the next. For example, we say something along the line of, "hey, these new emotions Sims have are pretty rad", and people counter with, "but my Sims have always had emotions". Well… ok, maybe we did a convincing job selling that fiction in previous games, but truly your Sims haven’t had anything like this before."

Not sure how some people came to the conclusion that Graham is 'lying'. He offers an example of a nuance in TS4, emotions. Why not? It is a key feature of the new title. He's not admitting that he lied, but rather admitting that their previous attempt at simulated emotions is put to shame by their new system. I don't think they were being untruthful previously, that was their best attempt at emotions before TS4 came along.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Dearra95 wrote:

Interesting quote:

Not sure how some people came to the conclusion that Graham is 'lying'. He offers an example of a nuance in TS4, emotions. Why not? It is a key feature of the new title. He's not admitting that he lied, but rather admitting that their previous attempt at simulated emotions is put to shame by their new system. I don't think they were being untruthful previously, that was their best attempt at emotions before TS4 came along.

:lol:*stand back* :P *rolls up sleeves* :P

"Really sorry TheGreenLion, I understand that you are unhappy with X but frankly the only reason you are unhappy with X is that you and I are having a difference of opinion and you are failing to agree that my own opinion is the correct one. My own opinion of X is more nuanced than yours."

Can you tell me why that's not offensive... ?
  • Options
    LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited August 2014
    The main reasons for that hope is the community. it has gotten greedier,nastier,uglier,more demanding for crap that they are NOT owed,a huge sense of self entitlement that is just down right disgusting. the sims is NOT gta,mass effect or anything else. it is NOT ment to be upgraded (because they are NOT sequels) but they are ment to stand the test of time,be upgraded by expanding,increase its life span so that it can be played over a period of years. if people continue with the false mindset to the sims purpose then they will continue to be sadly disappointed and then IF EA did bend to this mindset,upgrading would leave many unable to play (yes even the rich mofos with epic computers) *waaa theres nothing in the game!* yeah thats what expansions are for and im so tired of the stupid excuses of *but its a base game item* toddlers are NOT and never have been in the root game (sims 1) and then sims 2 gave us ages but now everyone is making it into some drama class. *we want all EP's in the base game!!! now!!! its our right as simmers!!!* give me a **** break. so i dont feel ANYONE deserves any of it and i hope they completely destroy the franchise once and for all,on top of NOT giving anything to anyone. I hope EA reads my comment and takes it into serious consideration. There is no profit in this franchise anymore as people refuse to be happy about anything. stick to other things.
    Post edited by LovenVincent on
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited August 2014
    for some reason I can see the sims eventually fading away & more so I just can't see a sims 5...I think if that was case? I wouldn't even continue moving on...well not that I am anyways after this week's news :( but it's been fun while it lasted :) luckily sims 2 & 3 is on my pc :D but who know's I maybe surprised if they do well with s4
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited August 2014
    I personally hope the entire franchise tanks after 4 (aka no 5 created). weird i know with my current opinion on the game but the main reasons for that hope is the community. it has gotten greedier,nastier,uglier,more demanding for crap that they are NOT owed,a huge sense of self entitlement that is just down right disgusting. the sims is NOT gta,mass effect or anything else. it is NOT ment to be upgraded (because they are NOT sequels) but they are ment to stand the test of time,expand and grow. if people continue with the false mindset to the sims purpose then they will continue to be sadly disappointed and then IF EA did bend to this mindset,upgrading would leave many unable to play (yes even the rich mofos with epic computers) *waaa theres nothing in the game!* yeah thats what expansions are for and im so tired of the stupid excuses of *but its a base game item* toddlers are NOT and never have been in the root game (sims 1) and then sims 2 gave us ages but now everyone is making it into some drama class. so i dont feel ANYONE deserves any of it and i hope they completely destroy the franchise once and for all,on top of NOT giving anything to anyone. I hope EA reads my comment and takes it into serious consideration. There is no profit in this franchise anymore as people refuse to be happy about anything. stick to other things.

:/
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    06Bon06 wrote:
    I personally hope the entire franchise tanks after 4 (aka no 5 created). weird i know with my current opinion on the game but the main reasons for that hope is the community. it has gotten greedier,nastier,uglier,more demanding for crap that they are NOT owed,a huge sense of self entitlement that is just down right disgusting. the sims is NOT gta,mass effect or anything else. it is NOT ment to be upgraded (because they are NOT sequels) but they are ment to stand the test of time,expand and grow. if people continue with the false mindset to the sims purpose then they will continue to be sadly disappointed and then IF EA did bend to this mindset,upgrading would leave many unable to play (yes even the rich mofos with epic computers) *waaa theres nothing in the game!* yeah thats what expansions are for and im so tired of the stupid excuses of *but its a base game item* toddlers are NOT and never have been in the root game (sims 1) and then sims 2 gave us ages but now everyone is making it into some drama class. so i dont feel ANYONE deserves any of it and i hope they completely destroy the franchise once and for all,on top of NOT giving anything to anyone. I hope EA reads my comment and takes it into serious consideration. There is no profit in this franchise anymore as people refuse to be happy about anything. stick to other things.

:/

This was the best possible response to that.
    rifJadC.png
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited August 2014
    nvm
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited August 2014
    I personally hope the entire franchise tanks after 4 (aka no 5 created). weird i know with my current opinion on the game but the main reasons for that hope is the community. it has gotten greedier,nastier,uglier,more demanding for crap that they are NOT owed,a huge sense of self entitlement that is just down right disgusting. the sims is NOT gta,mass effect or anything else. it is NOT ment to be upgraded (because they are NOT sequels) but they are ment to stand the test of time,be upgraded by expanding,increase its life span so that it can be played over a period of years. if people continue with the false mindset to the sims purpose then they will continue to be sadly disappointed and then IF EA did bend to this mindset,upgrading would leave many unable to play (yes even the rich mofos with epic computers) *waaa theres nothing in the game!* yeah thats what expansions are for and im so tired of the stupid excuses of *but its a base game item* toddlers are NOT and never have been in the root game (sims 1) and then sims 2 gave us ages but now everyone is making it into some drama class. *we want all EP's in the base game!!! now!!! its our right as simmers!!!* give me a **** break. so i dont feel ANYONE deserves any of it and i hope they completely destroy the franchise once and for all,on top of NOT giving anything to anyone. I hope EA reads my comment and takes it into serious consideration. There is no profit in this franchise anymore as people refuse to be happy about anything. stick to other things.

No one wants all expansions in the base game, we just want the core basics, many of which have been in base games since ts1. If EA is asking us to pay for a product then you are darn skippy we can complain if we don't like what we see and it's not about being selfish or entitled or anything else. It's not like EA is making this game out of the kindness of their hearts and everyone is crapping all over it, they are making it only for profit and it shows that no one who is in charge of its development actually gives two iotas about it. People are upset because their greed and total disconnect from the fans who have loved and bought their games for the past 14 years are really really showing. The core sims games are in a series, each of them has a number than comes after, and there are recurring stories and characters throughout all of them. It is not ridiculous to expect a new incarnation of a game to improve upon what its predecessors offered. EA is not your daddy, this is not a friend or family member, this is a corporation and I don't need to kiss it's butt. If people don't like what they are trying to sell then of course they need to speak up and let them know WHY and if a lot of people vote with their wallets and don't all fall for "ooo new and shiny" or "aww poor EA, everyone hates you, I'll buy your games" then they may have some incentive to change their despicable practices and we could all see a better, richer, more feature filled game.

I'm glad you are happy paying more for less than half the content that was in previous sims games and I'm sure you will have fun (likely) paying for every lifestage and lot in ts5 separately if EA comes rolling out of this game with the mindset that their customers literally will buy anything.