Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimguruGraham on why you should buy the game

1234568...Next

Comments

• stylsimstylsim Posts: 222 Member
    edited August 2014
    Cyron43 wrote:
    stylsim wrote:
    That's extremely selfish and inconsiderate. Some people do not have the money to buy a high end desktop. Just because you are privileged enough to be able to buy one doesn't mean everyone else does. I'm so sick of people like you who don't care able other people'a situations. You need to wake up and realize the world doesn't revolve around you what you're computer can handle.
    I am selfish? Then game developers like Rockstar are also selfish because you cannot expect to run GTA V on an old PC. Yeah and all the people who will enjoy this game are also selfish and inconsiderate. :roll:
    You are sick of people like me and I am sick of people like you who cannot accept technological progress. Or is this just another case of "hate the disappointed"?
    Go get your old C64 from the attic and play "Little computer people".
    Look, it has even pets!
    LCP_Animation.gif

Most people who play GTA V are hardcore gamers that designed their computer to handle games like that. Most people who play the sims are CASUAL gamers. The Sims 3 sold millions of copies and most of the people who bought it do not post in these forums. Sure people here get new computers to play the sims all the time since thisforum is dominated by hardcore sim players, but you guys are not the only people who play the game. EA is a company that wants to make money, it is irrational to make the requirements too high for the average PC to handle.
  • averee90averee90 Posts: 448 Member
    edited August 2014
    Faith12368 wrote:
    averee90 wrote:
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Are people purposefully misreading my posts today or what?

Yes, they are Joe. They purposefully twist your words so that they can inject their negative agenda into a thread, quickly followed by posts of their yesmen who have yet to get an original thought themselves.

They defend that by 'wanting to like the game' and 'we can have our opinion too' and after they started insulting people and gotten payed back in kind, they've added 'we're getting insulted for our opinion' to their repertoire.

You have to hand it to them, they have made it their life's mission to be miserable on a forum for a game they don't like and often state 'that they won't buy it'.

But hey, they're looking for ways to 'like the game'; we should give them some room to do that. ^^

Why don't you get over yourself already? Every single one of your posts are pointless, condescending, sarcastic and add absolutely NOTHING to the conversation.

Every. Single. Post. :?

I think people get that you're one of the cheerleaders, m'kay?

averee90-The only condescension and sarcasm I see is your response. m'kay? ;)

LittleMinx-you forgot to put that they also don't want you to allow your opinion especially if it hits a nerve as this obviously did. Agree with everything you said!! :thumbup:

LOL. I know you're an EA cheerleader as well. :wink: And my sarcastic post was in response to hers, btw. Actually, I think my post was more honest than sarcastic. :D
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited August 2014
    Okay, I see how you don't get this.

Let me put it another way.

Once, I got a virus visiting Yahoo's front page, actually it was the MOST terrible piece of malware that I have ever encountered! How did Yahoo give me the malware? Yahoo is a MAJOR internet corporation! They didn't intentionally give me it. Someone hacked their site and gave it to me.

Viruses/ malware are attached to ANY type of files (whether that is just cookies or files you physically download) that are shared, if viruses can't be shared, then they would not be spread. It doesn't have to be CC to get a virus. All the malware has to do is locate a file, attach itself and wait to be shared. 9/10 times you will have malware on your computer and not even notice it until it starts to change things. I challenge you to get malware bytes free edition and do a scan... you might be surprised to see what your computer might have picked up. I know my friend was surprised that she had malware, because it wasn't even affecting her system at all! It is because it attached itself to a program I NEED that it affected me. (and then changed file names that was needed as well)

Let me reiterate: It doesn't matter, CC or not, website or not, game file or word file... malware and viruses can and will infect your computer if you are not scanning everything with anti-virus AND malware protection software.
    I have malware bytes. I scan for malware and adware pretty regularly.

How does the malware get into the file to begin with, though? Are you thinking someone will be hacking Origin so they can add malware to the gallery files? If that's the case, can't they hack the store files that people purchase and download, as well?

BTW, I'm not arguing with you about the overall issue. I have concerns about how they have it set up. I'm just trying to figure out what kind of risk we're talking about.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited August 2014
    "Well… ok, maybe we did a convincing job selling that fiction in previous games, but truly your Sims haven’t had anything like this before."

"Well...ok, maybe we did a convincing job selling that fiction in previous car models, but truly this model hasn't had safety features like this before."

"Well...ok, maybe I did a convincing job selling that fiction in your previous diagnosis, but truly you do have bowel cancer this time."

"Well… ok, maybe we did a convincing job selling that fiction the previous times you visited, but truly we did wash our hands before touching your food this time."

...do you still want to buy a car, get a diagnosis or eat food from someone who talks like that....? "I KNOW I SOLD YOU A BLATANT FICTION BEFORE, BUT THIS TIME IT'S FOR REAL!"
  • stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited August 2014
    I personally hope the entire franchise tanks after 4 (aka no 5 created). weird i know with my current opinion on the game but the main reasons for that hope is the community. it has gotten greedier,nastier,uglier,more demanding for crap that they are NOT owed,a huge sense of self entitlement that is just down right disgusting. the sims is NOT gta,mass effect or anything else. it is NOT ment to be upgraded (because they are NOT sequels) but they are ment to stand the test of time,be upgraded by expanding,increase its life span so that it can be played over a period of years. if people continue with the false mindset to the sims purpose then they will continue to be sadly disappointed and then IF EA did bend to this mindset,upgrading would leave many unable to play (yes even the rich mofos with epic computers) *waaa theres nothing in the game!* yeah thats what expansions are for and im so tired of the stupid excuses of *but its a base game item* toddlers are NOT and never have been in the root game (sims 1) and then sims 2 gave us ages but now everyone is making it into some drama class. *we want all EP's in the base game!!! now!!! its our right as simmers!!!* give me a **** break. so i dont feel ANYONE deserves any of it and i hope they completely destroy the franchise once and for all,on top of NOT giving anything to anyone. I hope EA reads my comment and takes it into serious consideration. There is no profit in this franchise anymore as people refuse to be happy about anything. stick to other things.

Idk... maybe I'm missing something? You seem to be suggesting that no one has the right to ever to be disappointed in a product they've bought, or were expecting to purchase. And no one has the right to complain to the company in hopes that the product will be improved.

I used to know one guy who had that attitude and in his case it was true that he himself never complained about anything that I knew about. He either took what was offered or went away without saying a word.

Frankly, I wonder why you're the one who is complaining now. Try taking your own advice: either accept what is on offer here in these forums or walk away.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited August 2014
    stylsim wrote:
    Sigh, give the guy a break. Everyone has been criticizing him and the rest of the team for months. I'm sure there were many things he wanted to say but couldn't because it would hurt his job or make him look bad. Imagine being a developer and reading through the forums. It's very discouraging and honestly makes some of you look like brats. None of you have any idea what they went through to create this game. They did the best they could with the deadline EA forced on them. 80% of whatever you're complaining about will probably be patched in later anyway.

I'm sorry but I have spent the entire time here defending the gurus. When Graham comes out and makes a post that says these things, of his own free will, and under no obligation to do so, HIS words, then forget it. I always had the highest respect for Graham, but not anymore. Can't use the " he's spewing out the PR line" this time. His statement I quoted shows he, and probley the rest too, have no cares about what they have done. It was just minutiae things after all. Nothing anyone cares about. To me that was the biggest slap in the face out of this whole thing.
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited August 2014
    windweaver wrote:
    Hummmm.....

Well, if you've done a pretty good job at selling a "fiction" in the past, how do I know you are not "selling me a fiction" today?

Exactly.
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited August 2014
    I personally hope the entire franchise tanks after 4 (aka no 5 created). weird i know with my current opinion on the game but the main reasons for that hope is the community. it has gotten greedier,nastier,uglier,more demanding for crap that they are NOT owed,a huge sense of self entitlement that is just down right disgusting.

Is it free? No?

Can't simming add to hundreds if not thousands?

You are an idiot that knows no responsible consumerism.

Or what self-entitlement means.
  • lilhunnylilhunny Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited August 2014
    grahams made the fatal mistake
  • InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited August 2014
    stylsim wrote:
    Cyron43 wrote:
    stylsim wrote:
    That's extremely selfish and inconsiderate. Some people do not have the money to buy a high end desktop. Just because you are privileged enough to be able to buy one doesn't mean everyone else does. I'm so sick of people like you who don't care able other people'a situations. You need to wake up and realize the world doesn't revolve around you what you're computer can handle.
    I am selfish? Then game developers like Rockstar are also selfish because you cannot expect to run GTA V on an old PC. Yeah and all the people who will enjoy this game are also selfish and inconsiderate. :roll:
    You are sick of people like me and I am sick of people like you who cannot accept technological progress. Or is this just another case of "hate the disappointed"?
    Go get your old C64 from the attic and play "Little computer people".
    Look, it has even pets!
    LCP_Animation.gif

Most people who play GTA V are hardcore gamers that designed their computer to handle games like that. Most people who play the sims are CASUAL gamers. The Sims 3 sold millions of copies and most of the people who bought it do not post in these forums. Sure people here get new computers to play the sims all the time since thisforum is dominated by hardcore sim players, but you guys are not the only people who play the game. EA is a company that wants to make money, it is irrational to make the requirements too high for the average PC to handle.

I am more of a casual gamer then you may think, and I even upgrade my PC as I can. I am not daft enough to think even a half way decent game will run on a 10 year old PC, nor would I expect one to. I play what I like period. If I like GTA V, then by all means if I can upgrade my pc to play it I will, just as I upgraded my PC to play TS3.
    I am not someone that has money to just throw away, I manage to work within my budget and get what I need to up grade when I can and when all the important things are taken care of. Gaming is a hobby for me. Now as for TS4, I expected better, not a game that can run on XP that no longer even has support. I was hoping for leaps forward, not to take 3 steps forward and 20 back. I expect when I pay $60.00+ for a game its darn worth my money. If I can spend that on a pc game to add, then I know I need to make the effot to ensure my pc can even run the game. If it cannot then I can't play said game until my pc is up to par. It is that simple.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited August 2014
    I don't know why people expected Graham to give a different answer from the other gurus. He's a EA employee, he'd obviously be fired if he were any kind of honest or give negative response of the game they are trying to sell. Maybe when TS4 flop they'll be allowed to come back to their words and admit their failure, but while they need to promote and sell the heck out of it? no.

Also, removed features will never be talked about in a negative light by them, and you can see by their responses. They'll shove ''Emotions'' as a good replacement for everything cut from the game. I'll laugh if Emotions are not all THAT they make it out to be, because i heard from many players saying it gets on the way of Gameplay. Ultimately, their last resources could be CAS which i agree it's the best feature in the whole game that we've seen or heard of, but good CAS doesn'tt equate to good game overall.
  • Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Graham Nardone attempts to answer that question at Mod The Sims and in the process ***** off fans — inadvertently I’m sure — by dismissing our complaints and concerns over the missing features as “minutia of differences”.

This person sure does feel as though they speak for the entire Sims fanbase.
    pguida wrote:
    He basically admits they've fooled us before and asks us to trust his new pitch?

That's not what he's saying at all. He's saying they did a good job at making it seem like Sims had actual in game emotions. Just like the entire idea behind The Sims is to make it seem like they are real people with real lives and real feelings.
    Claire17 wrote:
    So even after all the furore about the sims4, all they can come up with for why we should buy the game is emotions??

He also said "I personally find myself enjoying the deep socialization between Sims and the enhanced sense of an intimate community of neighbors and friends."

I don't see where he is getting "deep" socialization or an "enhanced" sense of intimate community out of over-zealous cartoons. This guy is playing with words again. He is basically saying, "I like the emotions" and nothing more.
  • SummerskydreamerSummerskydreamer Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited August 2014
    IcySlash wrote:
    I don't know why people expected Graham to give a different answer from the other gurus. He's a EA employee, he'd obviously be fired if he were any kind of honest or give negative response of the game they are trying to sell. Maybe when TS4 flop they'll be allowed to come back to their words and admit their failure, but while they need to promote and sell the heck out of it? no.

Also, removed features will never be talked about in a negative light by them, and you can see by their responses. They'll shove ''Emotions'' as a good replacement for everything cut from the game. I'll laugh if Emotions are not all THAT they make it out to be, because i heard from many players saying it gets on the way of Gameplay. Ultimately, their last resources could be CAS which i agree it's the best feature in the whole game that we've seen or heard of, but good CAS doesn'tt equate to good game overall.

I for one agree on this.
  • AeroFunk80AeroFunk80 Posts: 318 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm just hoping these emotions they've been working so hard on justifies their reason to get rid of CAsT, toddlers and swimming pools ;-)
    AeroSimmer_Small_zps77549281.png
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited August 2014
    Just wanna throw this about with Simmers:

First and foremost, The Sims 4 is lackluster. I'm personally trying to find the positives in every single thing I see or read, but unfortunately the bad outweighs the good. I don't get why some simmers wanna attack other simmers for basically telling it as it is.

Secondly, you all can go back and forth Team Sims 4, Team *** EA?

It's been my experience of 14 years of Simming and about that on the forums (I was on the original forums back in the day) and that those who jump and cheer for things tend to be the ones that complain first when the game actually comes out because they realize what they "tooted" the whole time was just for the sake of not wanting to agree with those who said something is not right.

Conversely, those who complain prior to a release, end up having a better experience with the game because they're expectations are already down. It's hard to keep track of because there's so many of us but I recall those moments occuring for both the Sims 1 - 2 transfer and 2 - 3.

The only issue this time is that instead of "personal favorites, or personal touches" being the main culprit behind the arguing and displeasure of the Sims fan base ( and trust me folks threes way more Simmers disgusted then excited) is the fact that there are so many clasically base game components missing and rushed development of the game itself.

This will become very clear when Sims 4 launches, the excitement ends and the cheerleaders realize how limited the base game is. Trust me, they will be the first ones to complain.

And again - people aren't "upset and moody" because they have no life. They're long time simmers who are greatly dissapointed at EA's seemingly lack of care or interest in this series anymore. There is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE for no toddlers, cars the list goes on and on (check out the 50+ feature missing thread, mind boggling). The only excuse and it's clear as day seeing this game and even the fake decor around neighborhood's that this game was in development as a online game only and they really did shift gears far too late. I also think the rumors of the series being mis managed is true, as evident by all of the stuff missing.

They say there's more content then ever (which may be true because of clutter, and the rest) but don't let them fool you with that. There's no dishwashers. Seriously? Sims 1, 2 & 3 had diswashers at base game. If that doesn't prove they were rushed and out of time (and clearly EA didn't wanna fund more money) so us the fans, have to pay for it so they can keep on their course for 2014. Well... in my mind? Y'all can keep it until... those critical features (TODDLERS SERIOUSLY?) and others are brought back in the game. I'm not going back 10 years in my game when I have 2 currently installed with every EP and SP.

They simply didn't do enough to entice me to purchase the game and move on to the Sims 4. Will i? Probablly when it becomes acceptable... but I refuse to play a game that won't even seem complete at launch.

I would have liked to been ecstatic and knocked off my feet by the Sims 4. I've been excited for it since Sims 3 released because I figured the next gen would be so beyond epic, great graphics, an open world that renders in HQ (which this new system kinda does)... intergrated worlds and subhoods like Sims 2 that can evolve with time. We're getting a few features picked from here and there.

Graham needs to stop it. His lack of excitement for this game is even evident in his avatar, his "emotions" don't scream "look how proud I am of what we did" like he was with Seasons, Island Paradise etc. This he's "doing his job" and it's clear. Go watch how he gave interviews for Sims 3 and how he is in 4. Defensive and worrisome. He looks like he's on trial in SimsVIP's interview, lol because he knows this is a joke.
  • stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited August 2014
    Cyron43 wrote:
    @sherrylynn8779: I would NEVER EVER switch virus protection and/or the firewall off in order to run a game. I'd rather return the game but each to their own.
    I always recommend using both anti-virus and anti-malware software, however I still don't trust it enough to direct download things into my game without giving it a full scan.

^^This is what I do, because I don't trust it to catch everything.^^ Edit to say: I also have my firewall up at all times.

Several years ago I caught a nasty bug while just browsing a regular non-insane webpage. I had a $100 dollar per year virus protection at the time which failed to catch the bug and after screwing around for several days without success I took it back to the computer shop and they reinstalled Windows. They charged me $100 I think.

Anyway, now I have my own copy of Windows and I don't use virus protection of any kind. What's the point when there are bugs so nasty that expensive virus programs will fail to catch them? Yes I know in theory I'm only allowed so many reinstalls from the same copy but so what. One copy of Windows reinstalled five times is still 80% cheaper than any virus program that every year costs as much as one copy of Windows AND won't catch the bugs in the first place.