Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimguruGraham on why you should buy the game

Comments

• pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited August 2014
    IngeJones wrote:
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Your Sim would go from being angry at someone then two seconds later they are laughing at a joke.

According to the gameplay videos I have seen so far, they still do.

Yes!
  • JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    I have a strange feeling if I listed several things Sims 4 will have at launch that Sims 3 didn't have at launch you will disregard it all and still claim victory.
    pguida wrote:
    All minor and irrelevant. And so few! Who seriously needs rabbit hole rockets?

Thank you pguida; you were the last hold out of haters in this thread to prove my point for me :mrgreen:
  • AlourraAlourra Posts: 492 Member
    edited August 2014
    Alysha1988 wrote:
    Alysha1988 wrote:
    Downloading lots/sims: I think this one has pros and cons so to me it's really not a wow thing. It'll be easier to wind up with borked content in your game that way, that's for sure. I personally consider the way they have implemented it to be more of a draw back because, just like everything else in ts4, they aren't giving us options. I like to view content while I'm NOT in the game. Now you'll have no choice but the launch the game to browse content. Had they also given us a website component, then it would be cool. But again, to me, the way in which I can add gallery/exchange content to my game isn't something that affects the actual GAMEPLAY, so it's not that major.

My question is: will the gallery have virus scanning to remove any potential viruses/malware that may get attached to people's creations unintentionally/intentionally? Because WHEN I download anything I always "save file" so I can scan it before I install it. AND YES! I have found rogue viruses attached to creations. I think this feature may cripple games and/or computers if not used very carefully. I really hope they do give us the option to "save file" instead of just "installing" it only. I do think the upload process will be much easier with the new system. :)

Probably not. I know there was some interview with Graham at some point where he said there isn't even anything in place to detect if a piece of content has CC. He basically said players are on the honor system and that there is a little flag you can click before you upload content that would indicate the item has CC. So yeah, it's not going to be good, and it would be incredibly stupid of them not to put in a save file option, so that means they won't because they have to do everything in the worst possible way.
    This confuses me, as it has been confirmed that CC will not download with gallery items. It was mentioned somewhere on SimsVIP after the Creator's Camp posts started. This was tested and the results were if you downloaded a Sim it would come with defualts, unless you downloaded the CC seperately.
  • Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    "baking cupcakes" in an unrealistic ginormous machine. Sims 3 did it better with the little child's oven, it was way more realistic (yes, I know it is muffins and cookies, but still). Why would I have a "Cupcake-anator" (yes, that was a Cat in the Hat reference) in my house? :roll:

Yes, in a game filled with time travel, mermaids, ghosts, aliens, genies, werewolves, and vampires a giant machine to bake cupcakes is where we are going to draw the "realism" line :roll:
    Claire17 wrote:
    Violins: minor thing

Minor thing? Minor thing?! :P

After people gave me items like no maid, no firefighters, no eyelash length slider you're going to name something off my list as minor? :lol:

I think one thing is for certain; many people proved this point of mine:
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    I have a strange feeling if I listed several things Sims 4 will have at launch that Sims 3 didn't have at launch you will disregard it all and still claim victory.

I added one in for you - you didn't mention how good CAS for sims 4 seems to be and I also agreed that some of the new features you mentioned looked good so I think my post really shows that at all.

And do try and keep a level of consistency in your arguments. If you say that the removal of maid, police and firemen NPCs are a 'minor' thing then so too is the addition of violins and a cup cake machine - you can't have it both ways!

Edits for my inability to type / format:)
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Thank you pguida; you were the last hold out of haters in this thread to prove my point for me :mrgreen:

Your point was we'd make a correct argument and stand you corrected in your foolishness, basicallly.

I now claim you'll post something idiotic later on.
    edited August 2014
    Alourra wrote:
    This confuses me, as it has been confirmed that CC will not download with gallery items.

No. It was confirmed CC will be downloaded with gallery items and the game won't automatically flag it. You'll have to trust no one is a hacker or has bad intentions.
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited August 2014
    Alourra wrote:
    Alysha1988 wrote:
    Alysha1988 wrote:
    Downloading lots/sims: I think this one has pros and cons so to me it's really not a wow thing. It'll be easier to wind up with borked content in your game that way, that's for sure. I personally consider the way they have implemented it to be more of a draw back because, just like everything else in ts4, they aren't giving us options. I like to view content while I'm NOT in the game. Now you'll have no choice but the launch the game to browse content. Had they also given us a website component, then it would be cool. But again, to me, the way in which I can add gallery/exchange content to my game isn't something that affects the actual GAMEPLAY, so it's not that major.

My question is: will the gallery have virus scanning to remove any potential viruses/malware that may get attached to people's creations unintentionally/intentionally? Because WHEN I download anything I always "save file" so I can scan it before I install it. AND YES! I have found rogue viruses attached to creations. I think this feature may cripple games and/or computers if not used very carefully. I really hope they do give us the option to "save file" instead of just "installing" it only. I do think the upload process will be much easier with the new system. :)

Probably not. I know there was some interview with Graham at some point where he said there isn't even anything in place to detect if a piece of content has CC. He basically said players are on the honor system and that there is a little flag you can click before you upload content that would indicate the item has CC. So yeah, it's not going to be good, and it would be incredibly stupid of them not to put in a save file option, so that means they won't because they have to do everything in the worst possible way.
    This confuses me, as it has been confirmed that CC will not download with gallery items. It was mentioned somewhere on SimsVIP after the Creator's Camp posts started. This was tested and the results were if you downloaded a Sim it would come with defualts, unless you downloaded the CC seperately.

Maybe it works like in ts3 where any content in simpack format gets transferred through the exchange/gallery and anything in package format does not? Either that or they made some changes since that interview with Graham.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    edited August 2014
    I can't wait to get Sims 4 so I can do unspeakable things to SimGuruGraham in it.
  • HappyPhantomHappyPhantom Posts: 881 Member
    edited August 2014
    I uploaded my sim last night to the gallery with a CC Dress and a friend of my downloaded them into their game and the dress didn't follow, the default dress from the game did though so you shouldn't get CC from dowloading from the gallery unless you have that "mod" or package in your folder already for that item.
    sims4forumsmaller.gif

• JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited August 2014
    "But the conversation then changes into discussing what is or isn’t there and the minutiae of differences in each feature along some scale because the easiest way to try and understand something new is to compare and contrast it to what came before."

This one sentance in that post has officially made me loose any and all respect for Graham. :evil:

Minutiae of differences?
    So toddlers being left out, babies as objects, teens same as adults, ect. ect. are only TRIVIAL, AND SMALL!!!

So they mean nothing :|....well i'm so glad I see where he stands on our concerns, and by the looks of things probley the other gurus as well.

This really just proves that they don't get it, and they really don't care to either. The way alot of us play the game means nothing to them. Just when I thought I couldn't be more disgusted. Congrats! you guys can still surprise me! Not in a good way either. :x
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2014
    JULES1111 wrote:
    "But the conversation then changes into discussing what is or isn’t there and the minutiae of differences in each feature along some scale because the easiest way to try and understand something new is to compare and contrast it to what came before."

This one sentance in that post has officially made me loose any and all respect for Graham. :evil:

Minutiae of differences?
    So toddlers being left out, babies as objects, teens same as adults, ect. ect. are only TRIVIAL, AND SMALL!!!

So they mean nothing :|....well i'm so glad I see where he stands on our concerns, and by the looks of things probley the other gurus as well.

This really just proves that they don't get it, and they really don't care to either. The way alot of us play the game means nothing to them. Just when I thought I couldn't be more disgusted. Congrats! you guys can still surprise me! Not in a good way either. :x

shh, don't tell them I said this, but I think they made this game for themselves.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited August 2014
    I uploaded my sim last night to the gallery with a CC Dress and a friend of my downloaded them into their game and the dress didn't follow, the default dress from the game did though so you shouldn't get CC from dowloading from the gallery unless you have that "mod" or package in your folder already for that item.

So Graham Nardone lied on camera to Alexis from Simsvip?
  • Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member
    edited August 2014
    JULES1111 wrote:

Minutiae of differences?

Yeah, cos all 20,000+ of us who've signed the petition to bring toddlers / pools back must be wrong / only worrying about the small stuff mustn't we...?

Graham really is part of the problem.
  • SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    edited August 2014
    To me, the number of people who don't believe anything (positive) about this game unless they see it with their own eyes speaks volumes of just how badly the PR has been. The decision to cut toddlers was the worst decision they could have made. Not necessarily because toddlers were absolutely integral to gameplay, but because it was a cut that no one expected would ever happen and we had previously been told that all lifestages would be included in TS4.

That one thing broke the trust of many fans, and since then disgruntled simmers seem to be behaving like someone who has been cheated on but chose to stay with the cheater. We're jumping on every little infraction from Maxis because we don't trust them anymore, and there really isn't anything that they can do to fix the trust issues unless they reconsider and put toddlers (at this point they would probably have to do a lot more) back in the game. Unlike a cheater, Maxis actually can take this back, but they won't.

I'm not even sure what point I am trying to make. I suppose hearing Graham say, you should still buy it because of the emotions is the same thing as the cheater saying "You should stay with me because I love you and I made a mistake". You don't know if either one of them will never do it again.

How's that for an analogy? :wink:

I understand your point and agree with everything you are saying.

I would add that it's very, very telling of the state of simmers that a thread asking if the family tree is still around is getting constantly bumped by multiple people and no answer has come yet. It's being asked now because the tone has changed from "why would the family tree ever be taken out?" to "why wouldn't the family tree get taken out too?".
  • knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member
    edited August 2014
    JULES1111 wrote:

Minutiae of differences?

Really agree.

If they took the gameplay shortcuts they did with the babies/tied to crib/age up, imagine what other gameplay shortcuts there are.

It is all in the details.

• Jdavij20033Jdavij20033 Posts: 2,054 Member
    edited August 2014
    JULES1111 wrote:

Minutiae of differences?

Honestly, how patient can we expect him to be? The outcry against this game goes far beyond the official forums at this point. We have been ripping Maxis to shreds for this game - some of the things said have been unnecessary. I personally would not be able to handle the amount of criticism (because a lot of it sure isn't constructive) that they are getting. I just kind of feel bad for them at this point.

All that said, I still ain't buying. :wink:
    rifJadC.png
    edited August 2014
    JULES1111 wrote:

Minutiae of differences?

Honestly, how patient can we expect him to be? The outcry against this game goes far beyond the official forums at this point.

Whose fault is that? People are reacting to a hack job.
    edited August 2014

If they took the gameplay shortcuts they did with the babies/tied to crib/age up, imagine what other gameplay shortcuts there are.

It is all in the details.

I want to read this forum by November...
    edited August 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    JULES1111 wrote:

Minutiae of differences?

shh, don't tell them I said this, but I think they made this game for themselves.

:lol: psst *looks around* I think your right! :shock:
    edited August 2014
    Claire17 wrote:
    JULES1111 wrote:

Minutiae of differences?

Yeah, cos all 20,000+ of us who've signed the petition to bring toddlers / pools back must be wrong / only worrying about the small stuff mustn't we...?

Graham really is part of the problem.

Ya who new we were sweating the small stuff? Pssst we should be ashamed. :roll: Yes he is, along with his other bros in the office. :roll:
  • katelynnmcdanielkatelynnmcdaniel Posts: 304 Member
    edited August 2014
    WOW EMOTIONS!! :| can they give us any reason other than emotions? I mean im open to hearing them telling us why we should buy the game but the countless trailers ive seen about emotions they only get your game so far tell us about other things that would make people want to buy the game not just what you've been saying a 100 times over and over we get it emotions now what else is there?
    edited August 2014
    JULES1111 wrote:

Minutiae of differences?

Honestly, how patient can we expect him to be? The outcry against this game goes far beyond the official forums at this point. We have been ripping Maxis to shreds for this game - some of the things said have been unnecessary. I personally would not be able to handle the amount of criticism (because a lot of it sure isn't constructive) that they are getting. I just kind of feel bad for them at this point.

All that said, I still ain't buying. :wink:

Patient? I don't know about you but that post did not sound like he was loosing his patience. I have read posts where it looked like he was hanging on to his last bit of patience, and that post was not it. He picked his words carefully. The outcry they have brought upon themselves, no sympathy from me anymore.
  • stylsimstylsim Posts: 222 Member
    edited August 2014
    Sigh, give the guy a break. Everyone has been criticizing him and the rest of the team for months. I'm sure there were many things he wanted to say but couldn't because it would hurt his job or make him look bad. Imagine being a developer and reading through the forums. It's very discouraging and honestly makes some of you look like brats. None of you have any idea what they went through to create this game. They did the best they could with the deadline EA forced on them. 80% of whatever you're complaining about will probably be patched in later anyway.
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited August 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    JULES1111 wrote:

Minutiae of differences?

Like there was any doubt, with all the "Bro" stuff and bizarre obsession with Sims peeing themselves.
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited August 2014
    What do you expect when a used-car dealer talks to you, the truth? I would be surprised if Graham or any other of the producers would NOT say "it's all so shiny". They would be unemployed by tomorrow. So I don't even bother to read those statements.
    This space is for rent.