Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimguruGraham on why you should buy the game

Comments

• stylsimstylsim Posts: 222 Member
    edited August 2014
    Cyron43 wrote:
    I will buy GTA V for PC.
    (Watch in full screen and HD please)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DBrG2YjqQA&list=PLDDECDF9A83BDDAE2
    THAT's how TS4 should look like. I would buy that in a heartbeat!

Half of the current fans of the sims wouldn't be able to run that on their computer. Casual gamers do not want to go out and buy or upgrade a computer just to be able to run the game.
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited August 2014
    stylsim wrote:
    Cyron43 wrote:
    I will buy GTA V for PC.

Half of the current fans of the sims wouldn't be able to run that on their computer. Casual gamers do not want to go out and buy or upgrade a computer just to be able to run the game.
    So? You know we had exactly this kind of discussion in various other threads. I'm just tired of repeating myself over and over and I will not change my mind because some people prefer to either play on their laptops, totally outdated PCs or even tablets. Not my problem. I won't buy TS4 anyway but enjoy GTA V on my PC instead.
    This space is for rent.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Are people purposefully misreading my posts today or what?

Yes, they are Joe. They purposefully twist your words so that they can inject their negative agenda into a thread, quickly followed by posts of their yesmen who have yet to get an original thought themselves.

They defend that by 'wanting to like the game' and 'we can have our opinion too' and after they started insulting people and gotten payed back in kind, they've added 'we're getting insulted for our opinion' to their repertoire.

You have to hand it to them, they have made it their life's mission to be miserable on a forum for a game they don't like and often state 'that they won't buy it'.

But hey, they're looking for ways to 'like the game'; we should give them some room to do that. ^^
    While there are some exceptions to this (on both sides), it's an extremely accurate description. :thumbup:
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited August 2014
    Cyron43 wrote:
    I will buy GTA V for PC.
    THAT's how TS4 should look like (including the physics engine). I would buy that in a heartbeat, even with all the things missing!

Yes!
    I am not a hardcore gamer and yet I do upgrade my pc as I can afford it.
    I don't expect games to run on a 10 year old pc without massive amounts of issues.
    I don't expect a game to run on XP, which is no longer even supported.
    I do expect time effort and a lot of work put into a game that costs what the TS4 base game does.
    I do expect all games have bugs, human error and all that.
    I don't expect the same freaking bugs like routing over and over again. Considering routing issues were blamed on the open world that is now gone, yet there it is. Take a good long look at some of the videos coming out even the ones done by EA. Sims needing to move just for one to yell at another. :roll:
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • stylsimstylsim Posts: 222 Member
    edited August 2014
    Cyron43 wrote:
    stylsim wrote:
    Cyron43 wrote:
    I will buy GTA V for PC.

So? You know we had exactly this kind of discussion in various other threads. I'm just tired of repeating myself over and over and I will not change my mind because some people prefer to either play on their laptops, totally outdated PCs or even tablets. Not my problem. I won't buy TS4 anyway but enjoy GTA V on my PC instead.

That's extremely selfish and inconsiderate. Some people do not have the money to buy a high end desktop. Just because you are privileged enough to be able to buy one doesn't mean everyone else does. I'm so sick of people like you who don't care able other people'a situations. You need to wake up and realize the world doesn't revolve around you what you're computer can handle.
  • Taranatar9Taranatar9 Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited August 2014
    stylsim wrote:
    And I think people are forgetting that this is a BASE game.

No, no one has forgotten that. Some simply don't accept it as an excuse for shoddy work the way you seem to.
  • SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    edited August 2014
    pguida wrote:
    Dearra95 wrote:
    This is from honeywell's site.
    http://honeywellsims4news.tumblr.com/

Interesting quote:
    "I know you’ve already heard and read the official "pitch" from numerous places, so instead I’ll offer this… Four main entries into the franchise and it becomes more of a challenge to explain the nuances of what’s different from one to the next. For example, we say something along the line of, "hey, these new emotions Sims have are pretty rad", and people counter with, "but my Sims have always had emotions". Well… ok, maybe we did a convincing job selling that fiction in previous games, but truly your Sims haven’t had anything like this before."

He basically admits they've fooled us before and asks us to trust his new pitch?

Don't break my heart, Graham... :cry:
    ^This. Like you said, he admitted to fooling us before. Why should we trust him now? That was a horrible sales pitch. Someone should ask them if they were to buy a product if an employee were to say the same thing to them.
    edited August 2014
    stylsim wrote:
    That's extremely selfish and inconsiderate. Some people do not have the money to buy a high end desktop. Just because you are privileged enough to be able to buy one doesn't mean everyone else does. I'm so sick of people like you who don't care able other people'a situations. You need to wake up and realize the world doesn't revolve around you what you're computer can handle.
    I am selfish? Then game developers like Rockstar are also selfish because you cannot expect to run GTA V on an old PC. Yeah and all the people who will enjoy this game are also selfish and inconsiderate. :roll:
    You are sick of people like me and I am sick of people like you who cannot accept technological progress. Or is this just another case of "hate the disappointed"?
    Go get your old C64 from the attic and play "Little computer people".
    Look, it has even pets!
    LCP_Animation.gif
    This space is for rent.
  • Jdavij20033Jdavij20033 Posts: 2,054 Member
    edited August 2014
    stylsim wrote:

No, it is not selfish and inconsiderate any more than it is selfish and inconsiderate that you do not demand that food and water and power and housing be free so that everyone can have it.

Unfortunately, this is the way that the world works. Those who have more money have more power and freedom. Is this ethical? I don't happen to think so, but the gaming world isn't going to fix it by making all games run on ancient computers.

This argument is getting really old. If all programs and games were designed to operate on computers that people already owned, technology would stall because why would anyone ever buy a new computer? The world runs on money. If there isn't money to be made, no advancements will be made.
    rifJadC.png
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited August 2014
    stylsim wrote:

And what about the millions of people who don't even have a home computer? Your rage is illogical. To demand a game appeal to the lowest common denominator makes NO sense.

Hey, I have a Commodore64, and I demand EA make it so I can play the Sims4 on MY computer!

Notice how foolish that looks? Well that is exactly what you are coming across like.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
    edited August 2014
    To me, the number of people who don't believe anything (positive) about this game unless they see it with their own eyes speaks volumes of just how badly the PR has been. The decision to cut toddlers was the worst decision they could have made. Not necessarily because toddlers were absolutely integral to gameplay, but because it was a cut that no one expected would ever happen and we had previously been told that all lifestages would be included in TS4.

This is a very good assessment. For me, I'd rather they work on toddlers separately and add them in a more complete manner later than shoehorn them in the base game and have them glitchy and uninteresting but I agree that it would have been a better PR move to keep them in regardless.
    edited August 2014
    People have misinterpreted my question about the gallery. I KNOW CC won't transfer over (yet, like another poster said, "You have to trust no-one will hack it") I am concerned about things that not all websites can catch easily, namely malware.

Let me give you an example.

I asked for something from a friend (a file), I trust this friend not to give me any known viruses/malware. I get her email and the attachment scans clean in the email browser's virus scan. I download it and try to open it. My personal virus detection says there is a virus. I ask my virus protection to clean it up. It says it had. I then get a program (.exe corruption) error pop up of the program I used to open the file. The malware had backdoored its way into my computer and I had to have another (malware bytes) clean up my system. The malware had already gotten into my registry at this point, changing file names and moving items. I ended up at one point hard shutting down my pc and had CkDsk say that there was an error and about a dozen orphaned files. It took nearly a day of working on my pc to get it back up to par.

I HAVE found malware and viruses attached to Exchange items, so I know whatever system that is currently being used obviously is very easy for viruses and malware to be transferred over to a downloader, who just clicks "add to game".

SO, what is to say this can't happen to people who "instantly" downloads things from the gallery into their game without virus/malware checking in the first place?

Yes, at the moment CC cannot transfer, but that could possibly change. AND this is being based on a demo, which as we all know is not a complete CAS (at the moment). It has been confirmed that CAS Demo is not a complete version of it and there will be more options when the game is released.

However, CC is NOT my concern... viruses and malware are. Will their website CATCH malware/viruses, probably not. Will they give us the option to save file? God I hope so!

Because I don't really understand how this part of things work, wouldn't malware and wiruses only be transferred with the CC? I mean, how would a virus or malware end up on the non-CC item?

Valid point that we don't know how this will work once we have the full game.
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited August 2014
    Zolt65 wrote:
    To demand a game appeal to the lowest common denominator makes NO sense.

^Yes^ You said in a single sentence what would have taken me a paragraph to get out lol. Thank you :lol:
  • sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited August 2014
    Okay, I see how you don't get this.

Let me put it another way.

Once, I got a virus visiting Yahoo's front page, actually it was the MOST terrible piece of malware that I have ever encountered! How did Yahoo give me the malware? Yahoo is a MAJOR internet corporation! They didn't intentionally give me it. Someone hacked their site and gave it to me.

Viruses/ malware are attached to ANY type of files (whether that is just cookies or files you physically download) that are shared, if viruses can't be shared, then they would not be spread. It doesn't have to be CC to get a virus. All the malware has to do is locate a file, attach itself and wait to be shared. 9/10 times you will have malware on your computer and not even notice it until it starts to change things. I challenge you to get malware bytes free edition and do a scan... you might be surprised to see what your computer might have picked up. I know my friend was surprised that she had malware, because it wasn't even affecting her system at all! It is because it attached itself to a program I NEED that it affected me. (and then changed file names that was needed as well)

Let me reiterate: It doesn't matter, CC or not, website or not, game file or word file... malware and viruses can and will infect your computer if you are not scanning everything with anti-virus AND malware protection software.
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • Jdavij20033Jdavij20033 Posts: 2,054 Member
    edited August 2014

Once, I got a virus visiting Yahoo's front page, actually it was the MOST terrible piece of malware that I have ever encountered! How did Yahoo give me the malware? Yahoo is a MAJOR internet corporation! They didn't intentionally give me it. Someone hacked their site and gave it to me.

Viruses/ malware are attached to ANY type of files (whether that is just cookies or files you physically download) that are shared, if viruses can't be shared, then they would not be spread. It doesn't have to be CC to get a virus. All the malware has to do is locate a file, attach itself and wait to be shared. 9/10 times you will have malware on your computer and not even notice it until it starts to change things. I challenge you to get malware bytes free edition and do a scan... you might be surprised to see what your computer might have picked up. I know my friend was surprised that she had malware, because it wasn't even affecting her system at all! It is because it attached itself to a program I NEED that it affected me. (and then changed file names that was needed as well)

Let me reiterate: It doesn't matter, CC or not, website or not, game file or word file... malware and viruses can and will infect your computer if you are not scanning everything with anti-virus AND malware protection software.

So what you're saying is that directly downloading and installing content into the game will skip the step of being scanned by anti-virus programs?
    rifJadC.png
    edited August 2014
    In a technical stand-point, no, if you have your software running while playing (some people need to disable/game mode it while playing games). However, most standard virus protection software cannot pick up malware, or if it tries to catch it, the malware moves to evade detection. Viruses can do the same thing as well. Running malware protection bogs down gaming as well, so some people will disable this too.

Not all virus protection software will pick up something immediately either, it takes only nano-seconds for a virus/malware to mess up some aspect of your computer before your protection catches it, or even sees it.

I always recommend using both anti-virus and anti-malware software, however I still don't trust it enough to direct download things into my game without giving it a full scan.
  • DemyanoSlavDemyanoSlav Posts: 581 Member
    edited August 2014
    I don't feel the need to do a **** thing that fat **** tells us to. I'm not even buying it for myself.
  • stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited August 2014
    He thinks removing toddlers is just a difference of opinion. In other words, he's okay with toddlers being removed from the game and he recognizes that you're not BUT HEY differences of opinion are FINE.

He really should stop talking to people. My impression of him just plummeted to "autistic" or "stoned". These bros are completely out of touch regarding how many players are bros who enjoy all that bro crap. Dang this game is gonna be horrible. Save yourselves while you can.

trainwreck.gif

edited August 2014
    @sherrylynn8779: I would NEVER EVER switch virus protection and/or the firewall off in order to run a game. I'd rather return the game but each to their own.
    This space is for rent.
    edited August 2014
    Cyron43 wrote:
    @sherrylynn8779: I would NEVER EVER switch virus protection and/or the firewall off in order to run a game. I'd rather return the game but each to their own.
    I always recommend using both anti-virus and anti-malware software, however I still don't trust it enough to direct download things into my game without giving it a full scan.

^^This is what I do, because I don't trust it to catch everything.^^ Edit to say: I also have my firewall up at all times.
  • averee90averee90 Posts: 448 Member
    edited August 2014
    pguida wrote:
    averee90 wrote:
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Are people purposefully misreading my posts today or what?

Yes, they are Joe. They purposefully twist your words so that they can inject their negative agenda into a thread, quickly followed by posts of their yesmen who have yet to get an original thought themselves.

They defend that by 'wanting to like the game' and 'we can have our opinion too' and after they started insulting people and gotten payed back in kind, they've added 'we're getting insulted for our opinion' to their repertoire.

You have to hand it to them, they have made it their life's mission to be miserable on a forum for a game they don't like and often state 'that they won't buy it'.

But hey, they're looking for ways to 'like the game'; we should give them some room to do that. ^^

Why don't you get over yourself already? Every single one of your posts are pointless, condescending, sarcastic and add absolutely NOTHING to the conversation.

Every. Single. Post. :?

I think people get that you're one of the cheerleaders, m'kay?

You told it like it is!

More like I lost my temper on the internet. :lol: Seriously though, sometimes I get so frustrated when I come here. It's like people refuse to comprehend the things that are WRONG about this game (and God, there are so many things WRONG about this game it isn't funny). :shock:
  • InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited August 2014

So what you're saying is that directly downloading and installing content into the game will skip the step of being scanned by anti-virus programs?

Thant sounds like exactly what she means.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited August 2014
    Definitely buy Skyrim.

Those graphics are absolutely breathtaking. I think I heard that there's an expansion pack where your character can get married or something, too. Plus, everything is better with dragons. :P

I also like the look of GTA V. I'm not really into shooter games, but hey, might as well try something new and the graphics are incredible.
  • Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member
    edited August 2014
    Halle_M wrote:
    Definitely buy Skyrim.

Those graphics are absolutely breathtaking. I think I heard that there's an expansion pack where your character can get married or something, too. Plus, everything is better with dragons. :P

I also like the look of GTA V. I'm not really into shooter games, but hey, might as well try something new and the graphics are incredible.

No you can get married in the base game. There's an expansion pack where you can build your own houses and adopt children though. In fact it's been out so long you can pick up everything as the legendary edition quite cheaply.

I adore it, and it's also got a huge modding community which unlike the sims has a lot of game play mods as well as object mods. I think that's one thing that's made me very wary of the sims. Bethesda has a different model for making money so I spent less than £100 on the base game and eps and have had about 1000 hours of enjoyment out of the game - and still playing, and really looking forward to a free community made EP that's supposed I be released soon called Bruma where as with EA they always seem to be shoving the next EP or over-priced store content at us.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited August 2014
    Halle_M wrote:
    Definitely buy Skyrim.

You can get married in the vanilla game. The expansion lets you adopt kids and build your own house (you can only buy pre-built ones in the base game). Anyway Skyrim is amazing. Hands down one of the best games I've played. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
    IHJCfa6.jpg