Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What missing feature matters most to you?

Comments

• Options
    userkitty1969userkitty1969 Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited June 2014
    I was sad when I heard that CASt was gone, but I figure that when I shop now not ever object comes is every color. It's just going to be an opportunity to be creative.
  • Options
    Akila906Akila906 Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited June 2014
    Halle_M wrote:
    Create-a-Style. Because I like to fiddle with patterns and create my own look for things. I love making a kids' room and coordinating all the different items into bright, cheery colors. I love giving crazy old cat ladies little nighties with cat prints all over them. I also love changing pre-made rooms if I don't like the color scheme.

I can spend hours just doing that, before I'm even ready to play the actual game.

So, yeah. EA lost a sale from me when they pulled that feature.

I agree 10,000%. Without CASt, the game is unplayable to me. When they removed CASt, they took away my ability to be creative and to make my sims and their homes unique.
    michael-jackson-17.gif
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited June 2014
    I am bummed about no color wheel. I really liked making the hair with highlights. Also being able to color all the furniture and match everything was nice. Wasn't to excited to hear about the loading screens for every house either. I was okay with loading per hood but not per house as well.
  • Options
    loosmaloosma Posts: 372 Member
    edited June 2014
    CAST, toddlers, woo hoo skill, and I enjoyed the open world.

if the sims 4 were that + the smarter AI sims + on a brand new engine that's so powerful and amazing

this could have been the best game ever.
  • Options
    jewelshy99jewelshy99 Posts: 16
    edited June 2014
    One word..... Toddlers
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited June 2014
    either cast or open world
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited June 2014
    Toddlers....I need my tots! :evil:
  • Options
    ZackgirlAmIZackgirlAmI Posts: 37
    edited June 2014
    Yeah I can't believe that Sims 4 is not going to include CASt. I know we're talking about EA here but come on really? That is definitely the main feature that is making me not want to get the game. I'm colorful and it really restricts your creativity. I'm going to hold on to the belief that they're calling it something else and making it better though because even EA can't be this stupid and not include such a beloved feature.
    Modsey wrote:
    If I could take the Sims 4 CAS and put it in Sims 3 I'd have my perfect game
    I think we'd all agree with that. Is there even anything new to Sims 4 besides that?
  • Options
    OmfgTabithaOmfgTabitha Posts: 67
    edited June 2014
    TODDLERS
  • Options
    treelifetreelife Posts: 254
    edited June 2014
    Am I the only one who is most upset about the fact it is 32bit??? :(
  • Options
    JustMe123JustMe123 Posts: 160 Member
    edited June 2014
    JustMe123 wrote:
    Toddlers are really important to me because I like to play families and they are a big part of that. I also like pools, all the houses I build have them.

My real dealbreaker would probably be sims not ageing at all. :(

I wrote this yesterday, but didn't consider to add, babies with clothes and that they actually look cute, not like little monsters. :?
  • Options
    SmylishSmylish Posts: 274 Member
    edited June 2014
    Create a Style without a doubt. It's the only thing that ever made me second-guess my decidion of buying the game till this day.
    I like the game a lot so far, and I think I'll be able to do without it, but I know it will frustrate me a lot in the beggining. Especially until CC starts appearing again.
    But hey, I'm sure I'll manage, since the rest looks flawless :P
  • Options
    Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    edited June 2014
    Create a style and the open world. Absolutely hated the loading screens in Sims 2 and I like making pet themed clothing (which was sorely lacking in the Pets EP and not available at all from the store).
  • Options
    EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hmm... that's a difficult one.

There's random deaths, which I always enjoyed seeing. Does this mean no fires, too? Haha I never had a sim die by meteor in The Sims 3, but I remember having the mum sim in The Sims 2 getting hit by a satellite. Good times.

Also, CaSt. I really loved changing the colours of my furniture and patterns on clothes to make my sims feel a bit more unique. Sure, I can take or leave it, yet why would EA add something then take it away? Seems stupid to me. Same with pools.

Most importantly there is the toddlers. Why, EA, why?! Toddlers are one of the crucial life stages; the sims learn to walk, talk, and get potty trained during their toddler stage! I just cannot understand why EA would remove yet another important feature in the game... what were they thinking? In The Sims 2, I love having a single mum living in an apartment with a toddler. It's so much fun.

• Options
    SmylishSmylish Posts: 274 Member
    edited June 2014
    treelife wrote:

Hi! I wouldn't be if I were you. Here's what I do:
    As you know, Sims 3 was also 32bit but there's this file in the game's installation folder that allows you to change how many RAM you allow your game to use.

Here's how you do it:

Go to: Programs / Electronic Arts / Sims 3 / Game / Bin

In the Bin folder there will be a file called Sims 3 (not the one with an image, not the executable one, it's the one with the notepad icon on it).

Click on it to open it. A notepad document will appear with a big pile of text. Find the following there:

[ResourceSystem]
    MemoryUsageLimit = 35000000

Imagine you have 16Gb of RAM. Don't make the game use all of that. In that case you should change the value to 80000000. It should look like this:

[ResourceSystem]
    MemoryUsageLimit = 80000000

Now just save the file and voilá xD The game will use more RAM.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited June 2014
    My biggest issue is that teenagers are the same height as adults and elders. That's something that cannot be changed with a patch or an expansion pack. How am I gonna be able to tell them apart?
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    JustMe123JustMe123 Posts: 160 Member
    edited June 2014
    I have posted before on this forum that I wanted babies with clothes and I think EA is very deserving of the golden excrement award at the moment. :) how hard is it to design clothes for the babies when they have it in free play? I feel like this almost deserves a petition of its own.

"EA, finally add clothes for babies after 100 thousand years."

:roll:

Where's the innovation.
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited June 2014
    The three most important things to me that are left out are CASt, basements and toddlers. I know we'll never have CASt back in Sims 4, but toddlers and basements absolutely need to be in there.

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'll miss the Create-A-Style feature. I used it all the time, but I'll still survive.
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited June 2014
    dreamerz13 wrote:
    Plus, toddlers are just adorable, as annoying or boring as they can be I loved those cute little faces and just wanted to pinch those precious little cheeks constantly.
    Omigosh, I know. In Sims 3 I loved seeing daddies and moms holding their toddlers and playing with them. How cute was that?!?
  • Options
    ZackgirlAmIZackgirlAmI Posts: 37
    edited June 2014
    Penelope wrote:
    dreamerz13 wrote:
    Plus, toddlers are just adorable, as annoying or boring as they can be I loved those cute little faces and just wanted to pinch those precious little cheeks constantly.
    Omigosh, I know. In Sims 3 I loved seeing daddies and moms holding their toddlers and playing with them. How cute was that?!?

Heh I'm not really into kids but it's sad to see the toddlers taken away. I had them in my families on occasion because it really was fun. I don't see how they are boring. Like I was saying how can you say they are boring if you compare them to babies which do pretty much nothing?
  • Options
    lilhunnylilhunny Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited June 2014
    open world
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited June 2014
    treelife wrote:

treelife, I wouldn't say I'm MOST upset about it but it may have been the nail in the coffin for me.

Otherwise it's a toss up between CASt and Open World.
  • Options
    ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    edited June 2014
    If you look at this forum it went 5 pages (so far) with everyone agreeing on something. We didn't argue about buying this game or how good it's going to be. It was a peaceful, collective and intelligent conversation and that is amazing.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2014
    For me, it was toddlers.

And not for the reasons I'm seeing around these forums, either. I see a lot of people saying that toddlers are vital for storytelling or the feel of aging up realistically, and I can't disagree with that.

But, coming to the Sims franchise from a strong RPG background, toddlers, to me, represented something else. While I love all the interactions, the potty training, the teaching to walk and talk, and so on, from a pure min/max, powergaming perspective: toddlers gave a huge advantage to skill building.

I only came to the Sims franchise a couple of months ago, through The Sims 2. And the ease in which you can build a toddlers skills in that game blew my mind. I started with a single, lonely adult male sim (not unlike myself) but as I explored more gameplay possibilities, and started the game over with new sims, then started over again (and again... and again... etc.) I discovered the real possibilities with creating families.

In the Sims 2, you can sit a toddler in front of a xylophone or an activity table for an hour or two, and you're drowning in skill points. This creates a huge advantage compared to sims created at a later age. You can use those extra skill points later on to cash in on scholarships, so you can move out of the dorm earlier, and while in college you don't have to devote an entire day to skilling up your sims so they can get that 4.0. You get better job offers out of the gate.

From a purely statistical point of view, toddlers are a goldmine. And that's beside the fact that they're cute as all hell and fun to play.

I'm not trying to disagree with anyone else's reasons for lamenting the loss of toddlers, I'm just trying to illustrate that there are so many different ways of approaching the game and EA seems to be trying to narrow that down to a point where I just don't care to invest in it anymore.

^^^ This. TS3 doesn't play that way because it's EPs don't build on what is in it's core. However, TS2 did, each core feature like a toddler lent itself to further game play down the road. For instance this is truly a great advantage when Uni EP came out. TS2 is like building blocks the core game, and all EPs that followed building one upon the other, and why so many who didn't play don't understand it's not just an important step in the family aspect for players but if they grew up badly that also hurt their chances with other things. TS2 is very, very intricate game and I just don't see it in TS3 that way. I was hoping since TS4 had so many who did help develop TS2's core game would consider their hey day and go back to a lot of that.

I have to say since hearing they have omitted the toddler stage I have lost all interest in this game. I was mad for a few days (because I didn't want to cry about) and now I'm just no longer interested. I know if TS4 doesn't flesh out as well as TS2's base before they release it, I'm done. I just popped in to say I like your analogy and I understand why they are skipped by some players of TS3 for one thing because they were ignored by the devs and not as important like they are in TS2, on many different levels.

This roller coaster ride of this confirmed then unconfirmed, has done me in and I am done.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.