Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What missing feature matters most to you?

We're all feeling a bit burned by EA at the moment. At some point we've probably lost a feature we were really looking forward to and we've held out hope but a lot of us are giving up.

Regardless of whether or not you're buying the game (that isn't the point on here) what feature did they take out that you miss the most and why is it important to you?

Comments

• Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited June 2014
    Create-a-Style. Because I like to fiddle with patterns and create my own look for things. I love making a kids' room and coordinating all the different items into bright, cheery colors. I love giving crazy old cat ladies little nighties with cat prints all over them. I also love changing pre-made rooms if I don't like the color scheme.

I can spend hours just doing that, before I'm even ready to play the actual game.

So, yeah. EA lost a sale from me when they pulled that feature.
  • Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    edited June 2014
    Create-A-Style was important to me and also the open world. I felt very closed in and claustrophobic in Sims 2 because of the loading screens, and I really liked TS3's open world. I like to build houses with pools, as well, but I could live without that for a bit.
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited June 2014
    Create a style, everything is going to look the same and I'm not going to throw away hundreds of pounds on their god awful store nonsense.
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited June 2014
    I was super upset about no CASt but decided I could live with it if the rest of the game looked good. Then I was super upset about the closed world and limited amount of world customization but again decided I could live with it since they said that aging, time, and progression would be active on all lots, not just the active lot. At this point I was still willing to give the game a chance. Then came the news of no toddlers. That's where I drew the line. I love playing families and toddlers were my favorite age stage and I was so looking forward to what they might do with them ts4. Doing nothing with them at all or charging me $50 for a bare bones toddler expansion later is not going to cut it.

I realize you weren't asking if we were buying or not but yeah, obviously the toddlers were the most important to me.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited June 2014
    CASt. I've never seen anything like it in any other game before and it was such a huge part of how I play. I always liked imagining everything about who my sim was, down to every detail. I loved having the ability to make things look truly different. I liked wondering if this person would surround him or herself with crisp, modern things, go for a more cozy, homey look, or maybe just fill their house with crazy colorful patterns. I loved making eccentric divas who loved leopard print, girly girls who wanted pink hearts on everything, or little kids who were crazy about baseball, things like that, and then showing it in their surroundings.

I can't even begin to describe how many hours I'd spend. How much fun I had making a family of sims and then making sure that they each had rooms that reflected their personalities. It was a game within a game to me. I'm a perfectionist and I'm creative so that was and always will be my favorite TS3 feature.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited June 2014
    Toddlers. I'm a generational player and also a story teller, so I can't be missing a whole life stage in my gameplay. I can't cover up going from a baby to a child when I'm writing my stories. "Baby Anna celebrated her transitional birthday into childhood. Her mother and father were very proud of how she magically went from laying in her crib sleeping, crying, and p.ooping in diapers to knowing how to talk and walk and take herself to the bathroom. They don't even believe a genius who can learn this in a matter of seconds needs to go to school, but still poor Anna has to go to school because she suddenly aged from an innocent cooing baby of a few weeks old to an adorable 8 year old child with many responsibilities to fulfill." No thank-you. Plus, toddlers are just adorable, as annoying or boring as they can be I loved those cute little faces and just wanted to pinch those precious little cheeks constantly.

• Options
    ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    edited June 2014
    I could sort of live with a closed world if I had CASt. I have a very vivid imagination and I can see all sorts of scenery in my head so getting to really show it in some sort of way meant the world to me in Sims 3, it's where my love for building really picked up.

I love open world though and the freedom it gives me to explore my sims surroundings, meet the people and try new things.

Recently I learned we will not be getting the option to choose the dominant hand of our sim which meant a lot to me as a left handed simmer but it is what inspired this post because at some point we need to constructively explain why we love the things we love in Sims
  • Options
    gmgargmgar Posts: 2,064 Member
    edited June 2014
    CAS was the big one for me. I like to make sims and decorate homes.

The 2nd was no open world. I hated loading screen in sims 2.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited June 2014
    Modsey wrote:
    I could sort of live with a closed world if I had CASt. I have a very vivid imagination and I can see all sorts of scenery in my head so getting to really show it in some sort of way meant the world to me in Sims 3, it's where my love for building really picked up.

I love open world though and the freedom it gives me to explore my sims surroundings, meet the people and try new things.

Recently I learned we will not be getting the option to choose the dominant hand of our sim which meant a lot to me as a left handed simmer but it is what inspired this post because at some point we need to constructively explain why we love the things we love in Sims

Yeah, being able to choose the dominant hand would have been a great addition. I don't ever remember seeing that in any other Sims game before. Even breastfeeding was already done in TSM, so right-handed vs. left-handed would have been cool. Sorry to hear they went back on that.

I loved the open world as well. I remember having my reservations about jumping into TS3, but the first time I got my sim on his bike and rode around the town, I was just blown away. I loved it. Then I started playing with CASt and I was hooked. Two great concepts that I would have loved to have seen expanded upon for a new generation.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    xladyjxladyj Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited June 2014
    Either toddlers or the woohoo skill.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    GabbyGirlJ wrote:
    Modsey wrote:

Yeah, being able to choose the dominant hand would have been a great addition. I don't ever remember seeing that in any other Sims game before. Even breastfeeding was already done in TSM, so right-handed vs. left-handed would have been cool. Sorry to hear they went back on that.

I loved the open world as well. I remember having my reservations about jumping into TS3, but the first time I got my sim on his bike and rode around the town, I was just blown away. I loved it. Then I started playing with CASt and I was hooked. Two great concepts that I would have loved to have seen expanded upon for a new generation.

It was a year after the release of Sims 3 that I started playing. I've been playing sims for about 9 years and I have gotten most of the expansions. So for Sims 3 I was sitting in nervous anticipation every day waiting for some new information. Then the game got delayed and I didn't check in for a while.

It's a year after release and I buy it for the first time. The graphics were so shocking and amazing, the world incredible that I never thought I'd ever stop playing and it felt so complete without any EPs (which I wish would be the case for Sims 4)

For the longest time (and still to this day really) one of my favorite things about the open world graphics is the stars in the sky move so when my sim is asleep I pass the time watched the stars move towards the horizon
  • Options
    Rufus_BurrusRufus_Burrus Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2014
    For me, it was toddlers.

And not for the reasons I'm seeing around these forums, either. I see a lot of people saying that toddlers are vital for storytelling or the feel of aging up realistically, and I can't disagree with that.

But, coming to the Sims franchise from a strong RPG background, toddlers, to me, represented something else. While I love all the interactions, the potty training, the teaching to walk and talk, and so on, from a pure min/max, powergaming perspective: toddlers gave a huge advantage to skill building.

I only came to the Sims franchise a couple of months ago, through The Sims 2. And the ease in which you can build a toddlers skills in that game blew my mind. I started with a single, lonely adult male sim (not unlike myself) but as I explored more gameplay possibilities, and started the game over with new sims, then started over again (and again... and again... etc.) I discovered the real possibilities with creating families.

In the Sims 2, you can sit a toddler in front of a xylophone or an activity table for an hour or two, and you're drowning in skill points. This creates a huge advantage compared to sims created at a later age. You can use those extra skill points later on to cash in on scholarships, so you can move out of the dorm earlier, and while in college you don't have to devote an entire day to skilling up your sims so they can get that 4.0. You get better job offers out of the gate.

From a purely statistical point of view, toddlers are a goldmine. And that's beside the fact that they're cute as all hell and fun to play.

I'm not trying to disagree with anyone else's reasons for lamenting the loss of toddlers, I'm just trying to illustrate that there are so many different ways of approaching the game and EA seems to be trying to narrow that down to a point where I just don't care to invest in it anymore.
  • Options
    Dearra95Dearra95 Posts: 556 Member
    edited June 2014
    Both the pools and toddlers did it for me. Two major things I feel they know a lot of people loved taken out for what I believe will be a way for them to try and sucker us into paying for in an expansion. I already started feeling like they were getting too greedy but this put the icing on the cake.
  • Options
    JustMe123JustMe123 Posts: 160 Member
    edited June 2014
    Toddlers are really important to me because I like to play families and they are a big part of that. I also like pools, all the houses I build have them.

My real dealbreaker would probably be sims not ageing at all. :(
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited June 2014
    Toddlers and CASt for me. Toddlers because I always play families and CASt because I spend the rest of my play time building and decorating. Those are the only two things I do in the game, so without them TS4 is pointless for my play style.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    If I could take the Sims 4 CAS and put it in Sims 3 I'd have my perfect game
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited June 2014
    CaSt/color wheel and CaW. I might learn to live without CaW, but it would be very difficult and I am never happy with the Maxis worlds...too small.However, without the ability to redecorate, the home is just a house that they live in.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited June 2014
    If I had to choose one only, then it would be CASt.

I used to love playing TS2, but when I saw CASt and the open hood advertised for TS3 they were HUGE selling points for me. I knew I just HAD to buy it immediately! And I have loved those features, they have really made the game for me. Those features made it worthwhile swapping from a game full of expansions to a base game only.

I haven't actually seen anything advertised for TS4 yet which has made me want to move on from TS3.
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited June 2014
    For me the one thing I feel is really missing from Sims 4 is CASt. CASt will be a huge loss for me and could be the one thing which might put me off buying any further expansions after the base game.

Now if they add CASt perhaps as an external tool, or add even a colour wheel, this would help to allay my fears about whether I will enjoy the game to the full or not.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I'd rather not have to go find some cc that vaguely resembles that same sort of skirt in blue plaid. Or download a new blue couch because it matches those chairs I love so much.
  • Options
    DoritoEvieDoritoEvie Posts: 1,887 Member
    edited June 2014
    None of the features really broke my interest in buying the game, but I'm still bummed out about how there's no toddlers.

Reason for that is because, for example, in Generations, we got the camera. I'd take the dad sim, and get him to film his son while he learns to walk. Or talk. Or even take his first dump on the potty without help!

Now we don't really have that anymore, which stinks.

ED: I said po.op. Didn't know that was a censored word.
    tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif

• Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited June 2014
    Using CASt took up at least 50% of my gameplay. The one reason why I simply could not play Sims 2, even though I bought many of the Sims 2 games after Sims 3, is because it was impossible to turn a house into the home I really wanted. After Sims 3 it was just too limiting to be restricted to using only the game's in-built choices.

Without CASt I believe that no matter how many different houses you build, the inside décor is going to be very similar with them all. That's far too restricting for creative players who have got used to unlimited decoration, colours and patterns.
  • Options
    TinkerballTinkerball Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited June 2014
    For me, the biggest thing is toddlers and the closed world is a close second. I think if the neighborhoods/districts were larger and there were no loading screens between lots, I could live with that if gameplay and performance were improved. I can't wrap my head around the missing toddlers, though. Whose idea was that and why?
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm going to miss the open worlds!! I've always hated the loading screens in TS. And I love to walk around my towns.

I feel sad for everyone missing the toddlers but in my opinion they are the most boring age group. I always go to the options menu and reduce their days, adding them to the children.
  • Options
    wooters2014wooters2014 Posts: 186 Member
    edited June 2014
    If i had to choose i'd say toddlers but to be honest the only thing i'm really disappointed with is the fact it is 32 bit!