Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What missing feature matters most to you?

Comments

• Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited June 2014
    Modsey wrote:
    I'd rather not have to go find some cc that vaguely resembles that same sort of skirt in blue plaid. Or download a new blue couch because it matches those chairs I love so much.

This! My Sims 1 and Sims 2 games were so bloated because of all of the matches that I downloaded for furniture and the alternate clothing colors and patterns. :? I really don't miss those days.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    edited June 2014
    GabbyGirlJ wrote:
    Modsey wrote:
    I'd rather not have to go find some cc that vaguely resembles that same sort of skirt in blue plaid. Or download a new blue couch because it matches those chairs I love so much.

This! My Sims 1 and Sims 2 games were so bloated because of all of the matches that I downloaded for furniture and the alternate clothing colors and patterns. :? I really don't miss those days.

*Sits in CAS* I wish that sweater came in purple, then it would go with those awesome shorts, oh well, she's only 8, they don't have any fashion sense anyway
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    edited June 2014
    Create-A-Style. I'm still deeply disappointed by its exclusion. It's nice that the devs are putting more thought into the objects so it isn't a mismatched nightmare like TS2 but I'm going to miss that creative freedom I once had.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited June 2014
    For me it certainly was the toddlers. I spend most of my time playing with families and I will definitely miss the cute little cheeks and the chance to actually develop some skills that could come in handy later in Sims-life. I hope they add them in a free patch/update, because if they include them in a totally expensive expansion pack, I'll throw the copy of my Sims 4 base game out of the window and never buy a Sims 4 expansion or stuff pack again. :lol:
  • Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Toddlers and teens. I don't know if I'm more upset they've taken out one life stage completely or that they've skimped on the one they left in, but that was a dealbreaker for me.

And it's a pity because I was looking forward to this game a lot. Loading times and a split up 'hood was actually a bonus for me since I never like the open world in TS3 (laggy, too few people on community lots), or the pudding faces.
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2014
    For me, from matters most to matters least:

1. CASt
    2. CFE
    3. Other uses of terrain sculpting
    4. Toddlers
    5. Pools
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member
    edited June 2014
    CAST.

I know it's not coming back, but it was the main thing I liked about the sims3 over sims2.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited June 2014
    Woohoo skill.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    Lynne563Lynne563 Posts: 100 Member
    edited June 2014
    Open world.
  • Options
    ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    edited June 2014
    Toddlers. That drew the line for me.
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't know if I can pin it down to any one thing. Learning CASt would not be included was such a huge disappointment for me, but I continued to think the game might still be fun. After that revelation, though, any confidence I had that other things would be included was seriously eroded. First, it was the open world. "Surely, they'll keep the open world, but look what they did with CASt . . . " And, guess what! My fears were confirmed. On and on it went, with toddlers and pools bringing it up to the present.

Thinking it through, I'd say the loss of the open world is probably the most huge to me. I just don't want to go back to loading screens and the feeling of being locked in to one place. However, if it were an open world, some of the other problems might still give me plenty of reason to consider not buying.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    ArdgaraArdgara Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm dissapointed by no pools in the base game, CAS - it took long time, but that was so great, that you were able to create every style, big possibility in creating houses - I loved it. Also when I saw that teens are the same height as adults - it's just laziness, now they almost look the same...
    But the most - toodlers, I just loved this life stage, children at this life stage were looking so cute, the possibility of learning them walking, talking but also other skills by reading and other interactions... Lovely interactions with other people... I'm dissapointed. And I'll be angry when they'll add toodlers in expansion pack... They just should be in the base game, with small amount of interactions and bigger possibilities in later expansion pack, but they really should be in base game!

I can't really imagine it for now - we have small baby infant - then boom he is normal child ready to go to school, then boom he is teen who is looking like adult ._.

Ehhh.
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited June 2014
    For me it would be CASt and removing pools. CASt was a great addition to the sims 3 and I use it all the time. I love being able to make a room that matches even if the furniture style doesn't all match, I can make all the furniture match and look like it belongs together with CASt. The other feature that I was very sad to see go was pools. They've been around since the sims 1 and I've used them since the sims 1. A big mansion isn't the same without a pool in the yard.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited June 2014
    Create-a-style, toddlers, and the open world. But CASt is number one for me. And I didn't like that they removed the woohoo skill either :(
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited June 2014
    Modsey wrote:
    We're all feeling a bit burned by EA at the moment. At some point we've probably lost a feature we were really looking forward to and we've held out hope but a lot of us are giving up.

Regardless of whether or not you're buying the game (that isn't the point on here) what feature did they take out that you miss the most and why is it important to you?

Open world - seamless open world...I am going to miss riding my horse into sunset or take a long jog to admire the scenery or see what my neighbour up to on the front (or back) yard.. :(

CASt - I love to mix and match the colour and pattern :(

Even with those two big features remove, I was planning to wait and see because the world in TS4 is not totally closed (but the loading screen irk me) and the promise that we can connect to another world and I can use CC to replace CASt. Therefore I planned to wait and see the actual game play before decided whether to buy it or not and put my butt on the fence.

HOWEVER

A nasty wind blew and told me that EA hold my toddlers for Ransom and hide them together with my pool, knocked me off from the fence into the darkness :evil: :evil: .
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    edited June 2014
    Toddlers.

But to name the 2 most important things:

1. Toddlers
    2. Fix the teens.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    skm36skm36 Posts: 2,754 Member
    edited June 2014
    For me it's losing toddler's and CASt.
    j7zqrt.jpg
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited June 2014
    It seems really clear to me that loads of people have not yet forgiven EA for removing CASt or for at least not providing a colour wheel.

I think this is why (or one big reason why) this forum has blown up out of all proportion. CASt or a colour wheel is a huge issue for many, many simmers. It's removal has caused people to pull the shutters down and ignore other new features which, without the disappointment of CASt, would have been looked forward to.

I think EA should salvage this problem, put someone in charge of working out how to add at least a colour wheel, and then get onto it, pronto.

I don't think anyone who really misses CASt or a colour wheel will EVER forgive EA for removing it. It's not something you can take lightly. It was a HUGE feature for so many simmers.
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited June 2014
    casT (and the open world). I'm also quite disgusted with how people are behaving now, compared to when we found out that casT would be absent. A fairly large number people were upset about casT, and everybody else was like "eh suck it up how dare you". But as we found out about more and more features were being left out, more and more people -- in fact the exact same people who had been telling everyone else to get over their casT disappointment -- have now decided that it's perfectly acceptable to be disappointed about anything (as long as it's not casT apparently).

yes, I'm bitter. blah.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    edited June 2014
    CAST was my biggest disappointment. Open world was next. I use CAST all the time, and love it. Missing life stage and teens being the same height as adults is next in line.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    edited June 2014
    Actually it's everything they took out.
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited June 2014
    Toddlers most definitely!
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited June 2014
    Since I haven't played TS4 yet I don't know what I might miss or even if I will miss anything. I do know the TS3 base game felt pretty stripped down to me and it got boring pretty fast. TS3 kept my interest when it added content but the Sims themselves were still pretty shallow and felt lacking. I've read that the TS4 base game is going to have a lot of content.......maybe just not what some people expected.

I do know I read some information yesterday or the day before that some lucky players were invited in to the Maxis studio to play. They were so involved in what they were finding and enjoying that when a lunch break was offered they didn't get up from their computers and kept playing. I haven't played like that in a very long time and I'm looking forward to it again.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    saranel81saranel81 Posts: 138 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Toddlers.

Yes, it's mostly because I'm a generational player, and I like building families and playing them through all aspects of their lives. But I also just happen to like toddlers. It's a great foundation for the rest of a Sim's life. It's when I start to like (or dislike) a Sim as a Sim, to get an understanding of who they are and what they can do. And I like how parents interact with them. Toddlers complete a Sim family, in my opinion, and I really do want that in TS4.
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited June 2014
    Toddlers, i'm not really that bothered about the rest
    My origin id is sim2011