Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What missing feature matters most to you?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hmmm horses.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    leigheleighe Posts: 57 Member
    edited June 2014
    Alysha1988 wrote:
    Then came the news of no toddlers. That's where I drew the line. I love playing families and toddlers were my favorite age stage and I was so looking forward to what they might do with them ts4. Doing nothing with them at all or charging me $50 for a bare bones toddler expansion later is not going to cut it.

I realize you weren't asking if we were buying or not but yeah, obviously the toddlers were the most important to me.

I totally agree - they have taken a huge step back taking out the toddler age group. I also don't think I will be getting this now.
  • Options
    treelifetreelife Posts: 254
    edited June 2014
    Smylish wrote:
    treelife wrote:
    Am I the only one who is most upset about the fact it is 32bit??? :(

Hi! I wouldn't be if I were you. Here's what I do:
    As you know, Sims 3 was also 32bit but there's this file in the game's installation folder that allows you to change how many RAM you allow your game to use.

Here's how you do it:

Go to: Programs / Electronic Arts / Sims 3 / Game / Bin

In the Bin folder there will be a file called Sims 3 (not the one with an image, not the executable one, it's the one with the notepad icon on it).

Click on it to open it. A notepad document will appear with a big pile of text. Find the following there:

[ResourceSystem]
    MemoryUsageLimit = 35000000

Imagine you have 16Gb of RAM. Don't make the game use all of that. In that case you should change the value to 80000000. It should look like this:

[ResourceSystem]
    MemoryUsageLimit = 80000000

Now just save the file and voilá xD The game will use more RAM.

That is good to know. :), I know there is a free program that does it too. (I don't remember what it is called)

My Sims 3 game doesn't work regardless. :), but thanks anyway. :)

While, you can override the RAM restriction, which will make it run faster, but the fact your 64bit computer is running the program in a 32bit means the program is not as stable as native 64bit.

Besides, who knows in 2018 maybe Windows won't be backwards compatible for 32bit anymore. As I think windows XP was the last true 32bit OS and I could be wrong (I'm a Mac user) but I don't think windows 8 has a 32bit version.

After all, even tablets are becoming 64bit and it won't be long for phones.
  • Options
    DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited June 2014
    CASt is the feature I will miss most. I always use it in CAS and when building in TS3. When the lack of CASt was announced I thought that would mean that shopping for clothes would return, which is also not coming back. :roll: The swatches they provide seem nice, but nothing will ever replace CASt.

I am also not happy about the lack of pools, woohoo skill, handedness, and teens being the same height as adults. There are other things too, but I cannot remember them.

I don't care about toddlers or open world much.
  • Options
    treelifetreelife Posts: 254
    edited June 2014
    snurfles wrote:
    treelife wrote:
    Am I the only one who is most upset about the fact it is 32bit??? :(

treelife, I wouldn't say I'm MOST upset about it but it may have been the nail in the coffin for me.

Otherwise it's a toss up between CASt and Open World.

I thought it would be open world and CASt too that would be the deal breaker for me, but surprisingly when they confirm that neither was in, I was still on the fence, :)
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited June 2014
    A working functioning base game?
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2014
    Pools and hottubs.
  • Options
    ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    edited June 2014
    I think I caught up with everything on this forum.

In order of how much it matters...

1. Open worlds. I was drawn to TS3 because of it and though amazing for it's time I hated how closed off TS2 was. I can't imagine going back to that.

2. CASt (mostly the colorwheel) Us players should be able to customize EVERYTHING and I prefer to color my own stuff. Yes it was slow, but a simple color wheel would of made up for that.

3. Toddlers- It seems weird to not to include them. It gives a variety to families. I guess a lot families in TS4 are going be made up of children and adult looking teens. :?

4. Editing the town parks and such to my liking. Like I said above you should be able to customize everything and customization is a big part of why I like the sims series.

5. Pools. I like them, because they made my rich sims look really rich and it's just freaking expected! Plus it made mansions a lot more fancier.

I think that's it. So much has been taken from the game. I won't be buying it for all those reasons, which makes me sad.
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited June 2014
    Definitely Create-a-Style because I love fashion and interior design in real life. The CASt tool is easy to use and allows me to quickly change colours and textures on practically everything so things match. I hated the mismatched stuff in the first 2 games and now that I've had TS3, I just can't go back, not even for my beloved OFB.
  • Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    edited June 2014
    Well, the list is getting longer and longer each day. But I say toddlers, teens that look like teens, open world , CASt

• Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited June 2014

CASt, color wheel, and toddlers.

I changed textures and/or colors on anything I was able to use CASt on. I used the color wheel to get the right shade of blue for a sim's eyes or that deep dark brown color for hair. If I wasn't certain how I wanted a room to look, but I knew I wanted to change it, I'd play in CASt until I created something I'd never even thought of and that would inspire multiple new styles that I just had to create and save for later to use.

And all the styles I created and colors I saved, I always used. I may switch up the color scheme for a new house in a new game, but I used my own sets more than I used EA's. I think the only time I used EA's presets in Sims 3 was if I was in a rush, and I'd always come back and change it, so no CASt or color wheel hit me hard.

Every time I see a new screenshot I can't help but see what all I would recolor and/or retexture. And most of the new features we learn about I always go back to CASt.

EA: 'You can change wall height!'
    Me: 'Those walls I can't change the color or texture of...'
    EA: 'We have more objects than ever!'
    Me: 'Objects I can't change the color or texture of...'

I feel like one of those characters from an anime brooding in a dark corner hugging my legs, lol. People say, 'Get over it!' but it's hard to do when you're so used to using it all the time, so I don't get mad or annoyed when people post about or vent over this or that feature being removed. Even if every feature I sympathize with those whom it was a favorite to.

Now toddlers... definitely did not expect no toddlers. Toddlers are my favorite stage in game and in real life, lol. I loved having the daddy or mommy sim help them play with developmental toys and read to them, toss them in the air, chat, feeding them. Hopefully whenever we get toddlers there will be more interactions with them.

I have to admit no pools got me too. I'd be fine with it for now if there was like a neighborhood pool our sims could go to, but I take it no pools or swimwear means there's not even that. The three floor limit is also a tiny blow for me, and do we know about terrain paints? Is that out too? I use all of this. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    DCExplorerDCExplorer Posts: 724 Member
    edited June 2014
    The lack of an open world.

I was really upset and disappointed about CASt being removed. However, the minuscule neighborhoods (more like one city block, if you ask me), and the fact that you have loading screens even in these small areas, was a total deal breaker for me. Exploring the beautiful worlds, looking out at the views on hilltops, and watching the beautiful and colorful sunrises and sunsets, is a huge part of the immersion for me. Plus, I always have family members spread out all over the map doing different things. In an open world, I can jump back and forth effortlessly without losing a beat.

In the end, I might have considered buying if I didn't already own Sims 2. But I do. I have all the EP's, SP's, and Store content. Plus, Sims 2 has pools, cars, and toddlers...so it's sort of like a step up. Why on Earth would I need to re-purchase an inferior Sims 2?

If they would have given us the emotionally rich Sims 2 characters, an open world, and CASt, I would have gladly spent twice what they want for Sims 4 and patiently waited for all my favorite EP's to return.
  • Options
    samuel695samuel695 Posts: 221 Member
    edited June 2014
    Definitely CASt
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited June 2014
    Toddlers.... I love playing realism and taking pictures of my family :( however maybe they will add new features where that aspect of that game wouldn't even be remembered.
  • Options
    SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited June 2014
    The semi-realistic graphic style. I have a bad feeling about these texturless lego looking sims and environments. Plus there's no way to escape EA's bad taste now. If the houses and community lots are going to be anything like in TS3 I know I'll get irritated often. So CASt comes close second.
  • Options
    mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited June 2014
    CASt, followed closely by the open world. I love how many different looks I can get with CASt, both for building and for dressing Sims. I also love to take the camera up to the observation point in Hidden Springs and watch the sun rise while my sims are all sleeping. It's so gorgeous. You just don't get that feeling with the flat fake city in the distance of TS4.
  • Options
    xNeptunexxNeptunex Posts: 132 Member
    edited June 2014
    1. Toddlers - I am a generational player and losing an entire life stage is a devastating blow to me. I enjoyed this life stage and its possibilities and was looking forward to increased interactions and functionalities in TS4 and instead it is gone completely. This omission has caused me to hold off buying TS4 indefinitely. I'm really sad about not pre-ordering or immediately buying a Sims game for the first time in 13 years but I will wait and see how this is resolved before I will purchase.

2. CASt - Being able to customise colours & patterns is probably my favourite thing in TS3. Being resigned to EA's pre-set colours for clothing and objects is like my worst nightmare. So much of EA's content is good but needs recolouring to look nice. I even learned how to recolour in TS2 as having different/matching items was and is important to me. I was willing to overcome this in TS4 as I hoped CC would help fill the void as it did in TS2.

Overall CASt is the feature I will miss the most but is something that I feel our community could overcome due to all the amazing creators out there. Toddlers however are not something that someone else can fix for us so it is the deal breaker for me.

This is just hypothetical as we don't have any info regarding this yet but another deal breaker for me would be pregnancy and if it was not included or if it reverted to a sims 1 style for baby making. I love my preggo sims and hope to see them in TS4, with at least the same functionality of TS3 pregnant sims.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited June 2014
    Create-A-Style :(

I can let it go, but it matters the most of the ones we've lost, and it's the least likely to come back to the game in a future update or expansion :cry:

I can deal. The one I put my efforts toward getting back into the game is actually toddlers.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.