Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,205 Member
    @lanlyn thank you, might send them off to uni again later to graduate when she have more money.

@dreamerz13 thanks, ah I do have the eskin fresh skin they are great. Yes its one of brntwaffles lightning mods.

@venusdemilosims Thanks, yeah I decided to go very slowly with them and have goals before they get to do certain things,
    like get engaged and such more fun that way. I do not even use a money cheat this time.

Here is another update, here we get to follow anoki on his work day within the daycare.

[img][/img]wpFyj9B.jpg

Crystal and Anoki shared a morning kiss before she went out for her entertainment during the day and he would start work.

[img][/img]tJI9MIM.jpg

He had time to make himself a quick breakfast before the parents would drop off their kids.

[img][/img]pRqS0Rg.jpg

[img][/img]YoKD111.jpg

[img][/img]dfkwAvU.jpg

[img][/img]w9SK0zD.jpg

The Hemlocks dropped off their daughter, shes really enjoyign to run outside for some reason.

[img][/img]98ncSII.jpg

[img][/img]MDjzXwl.jpg

The Strikers dropped off their son Sebastian. He was much calmer than the other one.

[img][/img]Kf5KgR8.jpg

[img][/img]J87C2Pb.jpg

[img][/img]Un6tjJa.jpg

That is all for now.

• Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @venusdemilosims Seems Kristy was right... :) I guess Madison didn't like Sebastian having female friends, even not very beautiful ones... ;) Will Skylar and Kaydence meet at Uni? Would be fun to see what happens. :)

@dreamerz13 Well, fruits and raw veggies seems to be a nice diet - Austin's nicely ripped... :o

@Silverofdreams30 Stunning picture of the Sunset! :)

@TadOlson It's always nice to be gifted domething! Great update! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    The Grey Witches are back and Taïga has got herself into some deep plum...

Part II - Chapter 36

Taïga and Linn are getting ready for a quiet evening, when suddenly the doorbell rings. It is not the pizza guy… Devastated, Taïga stands helpless watching the old mansion get invaded by all her friends and then some…
    tgw02-36-07.jpg

But a party’s a party, and she decides to have some fun too…
    tgw02-36-32.jpg

Drinking is definitely not her thing, and smoking even less…
    tgw02-36-42.jpg

So who’s behind all this? Sprinkler, of course! But it wasn’t the little gnome who called the "guards"…
    tgw02-36-45.jpg

At least the cops sent everyone away... Time to try to repair the damage – before Granny gets home!
    tgw02-36-52.jpg

If you would like to read the whole story, with more and better pictures, just click on my siggy and follow my blog.
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    PJAlexisPJAlexis Posts: 38 Member
    Awesome stories guys!

@jillbg I have a thing for good looking decor (which recently for me entails extensive amounts of cc and clutter items) and I have to say you decorated that party and the house really nicely! And I love the way you dressed your sims too! I'll definitely check out your blog.
    YES! I'm finally legit enough to have a signature. I'd like to thank God, my parents and EA for this opportunity.
  • Options
    PJAlexis wrote: »
    Awesome stories guys!

@jillbg I have a thing for good looking decor (which recently for me entails extensive amounts of cc and clutter items) and I have to say you decorated that party and the house really nicely! And I love the way you dressed your sims too! I'll definitely check out your blog.

@PJAlexis I'm a clutterholic of the worst kind! ;) Very neat and tidy in RL but I just love adding some disorder to my houses in TS3... I'm glad you like the pics, I hope you'll enjoy the story on my blog too!
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    @jillbg I know exactly what you mean, I think it just adds realism to the game- makes the houses look lived in! And yes, I'm sure I will, you're a great story teller from what I see so far! ;)
    YES! I'm finally legit enough to have a signature. I'd like to thank God, my parents and EA for this opportunity.
  • Options
    @PJAlexis Keep me updated if you like it. The story is quite long, as I've been writing for almost two years about my Grey Witches.
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    @jillbg I will! I've already got your page opened in another tab so I won't forget.
  • Options
    @PJAlexis Cool! I'm also navigating on my tablet, waiting for a new family to finish processing so I can take some pics. I tend to get stuck on the forums once I poke my nose in here. =)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    @jillbg It's so easy to get lost in these. It's like you look at one thread and then you can't stop! And because I play sims on a different laptop, I'm always juggling between playing and reading posts if something catches my eye! I would love to be playing right now but it's almost midnight so sadly I must wait until tomorrow.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @dreamerz13 -Great update!Thanks for the comment.I've got my game loaded up with over 500 Mods not counting the NRaas collection which is itself over 100 files.I'm also playing on a four year old laptop though I have a cooling pad for it and don't run it in the game for hours at a time very often.I might have to replave my other laptop soon though because it's nine years old and I don't want to use it for online things anymore.
    @venusdemilosims -Great update!
    @Silverofdreams30 -Great updates!
    @jillbg -I love the store content I've gotten so far.Great update!
    @PJAlexix -Hi there!Thanks for your comment.
    @lanlyn -It's one of the NRaas Mods called Tagger and I use to to show everything.
    Storybrook County,Maine-winter-1551.
    Eli and Ami Jankowsky were both up and ready for the day early that morning in late winter.
    31522274975_1546f24374.jpg
    They started working on paintings until it got light out as the blizzard continued on outside.
    31484080096_8b4a36a31c.jpg
    They ended up having to tend to the chores in the storm which wasn't over.
    31522231525_185655ce94.jpg
    30681403854_196ac1290d.jpg
    They decided to start writing on their laptops as the storm was still raging on outside with hurricane force winds.
    31522221185_5a49249616.jpg
    They eventually decided to take a dinner break to eat the leftover mac and cheese though they failed to notice it had gone bad.
    31484060046_bc476e9d10.jpg
    They both decided to have a snowball fight in the blizzard before doing more writing until it was bedtime.
    30681374404_e4bb77fe89.jpg
    It was 7:30 in the evening when they had to start getting ready for bed.
    30712940753_ea83312ae5.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @PJAlexis Are you in Europe? The midnight thing caught my eye. :)

@TadOlson Thanks! :) Looks awfully cold in your game. I bet that they struggle during the long hard winter...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    edited December 2016
    this is some more pictures of lucy rose i deleted the twins family lol lucy loves bathtime as you can see

23sx5xi.jpg

1zq8ygk.jpgjj8ke1.jpg

2ntydk5.jpg

• Options
    XorzhaanXorzhaan Posts: 92 Member
    wickichick wrote: »
    Also, if you are new to the sims and have questions re: game play or the forums, I hope you will ask them here.

Please be kind and friendly to all posters. I request that we follow the forum rules please.
    Thank-you!

This is from the first post on this thread so, please, please forgive me for asking my questions here. I am not trying to hijack this thread or anything. I have not played Sims 3 in 2 years and for some reason I can not start a new post and I am in desperate need of help.

When I played years ago and I spent hours, days, and weeks combing the internet for CC of things I had to have. Little things that drove me nuts until I found them. A little toilet brush holder for next to the toilets, wooden cutting board and cereal boxes for the kitchen, a vacuum cleaner to put in the closet, and a water heater. Hundreds of little things like that. Little items that some voice in your head just screamed that it was unacceptable that these everyday items were not in the game, while so many ugly or odd items that you would never use were.

So long story short (TOO LATE!), my hard dive crashed, I lost everything, including my backup folder I kept of all these little items in case something happened to the game. The hard drive was still under warranty so I got a new one, installed sims 3 with all the expansions, and was heartbroken. I just didn't have it in me to go track down all those items again and knew I would be too OCD to play without them. So I uninstalled it all. However, all this time I keep getting the urges to play again. So here I am. I have a clean install of the game and expansions, all updated. Even started downloading some CC but not installed anything yet.

Now to my actual questions.

When I played before I remember there was something you should do to your installed CC folders. Some file you placed there as well. This made the installed CC work better and allowed you to make sub folders so you could keep CC sorted into categories of what it was. Like Build items, Buy Items, Patterns, and so on or even more detailed if you wanted. Is this still something you should do? If so, would someone please point me to instructions?

Also, there was some mod. It would automatically reset sims in the world that would get stuck. Not talking about your sims, ones you do not play in other houses that would randomly get stuck in a wall or on a path and would slow down your game because of all these stuck sims. It also every night it would remove all abandoned cars, turn off all TV and radios left on. All this also took a toll on game performance. So it really helped the game play. I remembered it started with an N. Like Navs or Nsavs, something like that???

Again, I am really sorry for posting here if someone thinks in I am wrong for doing so, but the first post said this was a place to ask game play questions. CC and game performance both effect game play. I have been a member of the forums for years, idk why I can not now post new topics. If I could of I would of started a new thread and not bothered anyone here.

Thank you in advance to anyone who is willing to help me out.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    @Xorzhaan

Welcome back to Sims 3!

I dunno if you're thinking of CC magic? It's a tool you download to handle your cc, not really a file but I dunno if that might be it (it's all I can think of at the moment anyway). You don't really need it, but a lot of people really like it to make life easier. If you use a lot of mods/cc you'll want to merge them at some point to reduce lag, there are other ways to do that but CC magic will keep things running smooth for you. But if you're installing package files you can just make folders yourself with in the package folder based on whatever you want, creator or type or whatever. I dunno much about if you're installing sims3packs through the launcher though (I've avoided that mess for ages).

Nraas Overwatch is the mod you're thinking of, still a total life saver. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Overwatch

Don't worry about posting here, we're a friendly bunch and somebody is always willing to help. "New" members can't post their own topics and a bunch of other things. To become a full member you need to have 30 posts and 50 points (sadly time isn't of much help on this system, other than needing your account for over 24 hours as well), points are earned when people click like, insightful, or awesome on your posts. Or if you earn badges (mostly for getting a certain amount of likes and whatever, some for post counts too).
  • Options
    @jillbg Yup, I live in the (sunny) land of the UK. :D

@Xorzhaan Hiya, I think also that Nraas Errortrap catches those unroutable sims and stops problems from happening with sims, before they actually happen- especially after saving your game, if that makes sense.
  • Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited December 2016
    I apologize I've had a crummy week with nary a day off and haven't had time to do any playing. Plus I'm still battling my asthma so that's that.

@jillbg Wow so Taiga's house was invaded... poor girl, hope she and Linn get it cleaned up before Granny gets home!
    Yep Kristy was indeed right about Madison, she is a bit of a diva and very high-maintenance, and Kris knew Sebastian better than he knew himself. They were very, very close. She wasn't speaking out of malice, she was speaking out of love and concern. And the thing is it wasn't like Kris was proposing herself as Madison's replacement either as she plays for the other team ;) Thankfully Kaydence inherited more of Sebastian's nature than she did Madison's even though she does have some of Madison in her.
    The funny thing about Skylar and Kaydence in Uni is that they're running in different crowds, again. Skylar's just pledged the sorority. I know you can't pledge in game, but in my story that's what she's doing. One of the girls in the sorority keeps inviting her to parties and I think she's befriended her. In my game I have as a requirement for membership being at friendship status with at least one of the members. The sorority has been trying to recruit Kaydence but she has declined.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2016
    @jillbg Great update love your story.

@TadOlson Great update.

@carlymichelle cute photos

I have been busy playing my skyrim game so not been on sims this past week.
  • Options
    @venusdemilosims I'm sorry to hear you're still suffering from your asthma. We've had a wonderful, sunny cold week. Unfortunately it's bringing terrible pics of pollution, with lots of people suffering from respiratory affections. I hope you'll get better soon... :)
    Getting the manor back in shape seems like an impossible task, but Taïga and Linn are young and ressourceful, so there's a chance they'll at least clean up the worst. But the police came around, and Granny will probably hear from them... :#

@Silverofdreams30 I'm so glad you like my blog! :) Just came back from celebrating an early Lucia! It was wonderful, but as usual I feel rather sad afterwards, being so far from my family gets worse for every year...

@PJAlexis Lol! I guess you've got your fair share of sun this week though, the fair and cold weather has caused so much trouble with pollution induced traffic jams here in the alps... :s
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options

[img][/img]98ncSII.jpg

That is all for now.

Aww this shot is so cute. Anoki looks so good with kids :mrgreen:. Love the scenery shot.

jillbg wrote: »
    @dreamerz13 Well, fruits and raw veggies seems to be a nice diet - Austin's nicely ripped... :o

Little brat inherited that somehow too (not really sure where from), lol, he has zero athletic skill and has never worked out in his life (until he stared at the fire department).

Oh my, that looks like quite the party. :/ Hopefully they get it cleaned up in time.

TadOlson wrote: »
    @dreamerz13 -Great update!Thanks for the comment.I've got my game loaded up with over 500 Mods not counting the NRaas collection which is itself over 100 files.I'm also playing on a four year old laptop though I have a cooling pad for it and don't run it in the game for hours at a time very often.I might have to replave my other laptop soon though because it's nine years old and I don't want to use it for online things anymore.

I don't even know how many mods I have anymore, I just pack them on in to my mods folder XD. Can't imagine playing without them though... I wouldn't touch my game until I had most of my mods/cc back XD.

Nice update :mrgreen:

2ntydk5.jpg

She's adorable!
  • Options
    @carlymichelle Ahh, you make me wish that I had that set from the Sims store. Looks great!

@jillbg Pshh, it's mainly false sun: from inside the house it looks like it's nice and warm outside, but when you actually decide to go out, it's like walking through the arctic. :| I would say that summer can't come fast enough. Hope those traffic jams aren't testing your sanity too much!
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    So I have another update on Austin, that I meant to post a few days ago but it was a long week at work (retail and christmas time *eyeroll*. At least it's a hardware store I guess, it's thankfully not the same level of chaos) and I've been sick (not that sick really, but I've amazingly gone a really long time without getting sick and apparently it's made me turn into a wuss XD). I've also been starting to work on stuff for Evie. I really really don't know what I was getting myself into. I've given myself so much to do and no time to do it >.<. I dunno why I do this to myself, I really need to keep the vows I make myself to not get myself into this nonsense XD.

Anyway, while Austin works I like to just check out the town, I mean I do this in all my games when my sims are doing something boring lol, but I mean SGI is so beautiful and I'm still finding new places in it. Like I should be watching over Austin's job since it's an active career but meh... I wanna look at how pretty the world is. And I was checking out the beach (one of them XD) and I came across this "family" of wild horses.
    31469575831_80253b64fa_o.jpg
    31548045826_39cf66ca67_o.jpg

So when Austin was done work I sent him to befriend the horses, I wanted him to be able to adopt one, or all, of them (It's been YEARS since I've played with pets, and I've missed the horses so much).

He was thrilled...
    31469571701_566b4232f4_o.jpg

So were the horses
    31439053052_1578155aca_o.jpg
    Clearly it's a lot of work to befriend horses and I'm impatient, so I just cheated the foal into the household, by that point the older horses had vanished (I guess it's a good thing I adopted the little guy) so it was just the foal.

Austin has no room for a horse though, lol, I had to take out his greenhouse for a stall for the little guy. Still haven't bought Austin a stove though. Priorities.
    31469559871_167036e63c_o.jpg

The next day I noticed a familiar horse watching the house.
    31469653271_4d8f6f5c75_o.jpg
    She was checking on her baby ♥

So I added her to the household too, and eventually the 3rd horse. LOL, Austin really doesn't have the room for this. But there's a nice plot of land beside the house that I'm going to build into a bit a of a horse ranch.

I love watching him with these beauties though ♥. Animal lovers just melt my heart and he's so good with them.
    30744194204_f533a470e3_o.jpg
    31469557241_1808b295dc_o.jpg
    (I have way more pictures but I dunno I uploaded the wrong ones XD He's super adorable with these guys though)

He even rode one into town for to the summer fesitval on his day off.
    31439032932_3c5e3407b3_o.jpg

Where he tried rollerblading, it didn't go well.
    31548008536_b154fe72df_o.jpg

So he just went to work, on his day off, to maintain the alarms and engines.
    31439796482_312b2c0d60_o.jpg
    and nap on the sofa (he doesn't own a bed either XD)
    31439044422_9b3ba5fdf6_o.jpg

He did get a promotion though, while he was there, so at least the extra time paid off.

The next day at work he got to respond to his first emergency.
    30744164994_60d11a7bd7_o.jpg
    He also walked in on his crush, Tonia, getting close with that jerk he got in a fight with.
    30744163064_a2ff58de2b_o.jpg

But lucky for him there's a pretty new girl who just started there too, and she seems to like him.
    31213390680_bbc4132691_o.jpg

If only he can get over Tonia.

Edit to add: Also, I'm looking for horse names, lol. I can't think of any, I need 2 male and 1 female. If anybody has any suggestions lemme know. :mrgreen:
    Post edited by dreamerz13 on
  • Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited December 2016
    @jillbg Yep they will likely hear from Granny regardless. I remember when Skylar threw her party and her sister showed up at the same time the cops did... good thing Sage has good timing, right? ;)

@Silverofdreams30 I ordered the Skyrim Special Edition for my PS4 and tried it once. Haven't done much with it though.

Kaydence, as you know, mostly inherited her father Sebastian's temperament. But there are times when her mother Madison's hot streak comes out. This is one of those times.

Screenshot-140.jpg

Back home on holiday break, Kaydence sat one morning to eat one of her robo-servant's breakfasts.

Screenshot-139.jpg

She was surprised when the butler (and her father's mistress) Anissa joined her. Of course, Kaydence thought, she has to look like she could be one of my cousins. "What are you looking at?" the usually deliberate Kaydence snapped, without thinking, as the first thing that came to her mind slipped out. "Haven't you ruined enough lives here?"
    "What are you talking about?"
    "My dad and stepmom are about to get a divorce, dragging my little brother to court just like I was. Thankfully, my sister, she's too young to remember this stuff, but still -"

S11AWIv.jpg

"You know what you are?" Kaydence lashed out. "You're a worthless pile of trash! You're garbage! How could you do this to our family? If I had the power I'd kick you out of here myself."

Nw5B5Gt.jpg

As soon as she'd said it, though, she took a deep breath and realized that she'd probably overreacted. Okay, a little. But still, seeing that woman and her smug face made her retch.

i29PPLk.jpg

"You're calling me a homewrecker?" she finally asked, pretending to be surprised.

eQlEuAL.jpg

"If the shoe fits," Kaydence glared at her, stone-faced.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @jillbg -It was cold because it was about -20*C on average with blizzards and gale or hurricane force winds accompanying the bizzards.Nobody's been going out much and Storybrook looks like a ghost town in the winter.
    @carlymichelle -Great pictures!Lucy Rose looks very cute.
    @Xorzhaan -Hi there!I use a Mods framework folder that goes into the Sims 3 folder in your ELectronic Arts folder inside your user documents.I've got almost all of the NRaas Mod collection installed which is 109 Mod files and about 500 other Mods besides NRaas to fix other issues.I had to set up NRaas to make story progression work the way I wanted it working.Master Controller can let you reset stuck sims though using custom worlds like Gibsons would stop them from even getting stuck if you built your own lots for rabbit holes and used the rugs.
    @Silverofdreams30 -Thanks for the comment.
    @dreamerz13 -I am only guessing though I know it's very high and I just added that new Mod to fix the schools.Thanks for the comment.
    @venusdemilosims -Great update!I hate being sick and hope you get better soon.
    Storybrook County,Maine-Winter-1551.Outtake Picture.
    Here's a picture of my family getting ready for bed in a blizzard.
    31282375342_50cfa30621_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @jillbg the school I go to here in town to do some of my studies have a lucia tomorrow.

@venusdemilosims Great update, I to have skyrim on ps 4 but been playng my old skyrim on pc with enb and some mods the ps 4 do not have like hair and stuff.

@dreamerz13 thank you, he is he goes automatic to help the kids if I do not direct him to.
    Great update of austin glad he got the horses as a company hehe.

@TadOlson Great update.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top