Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @venusdemilosims another great update, I wish I am such a good story teller haha I have no creative fantasy it seems.
    Yeah so far so good, she has behaved.
  • Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited March 2016
    @Silverofdreams30 Thanks for the compliments. I try *sheepish grin* There are some here who are much more creative than me.

moviereel2_zpsxzhyilnc.jpg

After the soap's theme song played, the audience broke out in thunderous applause. Soon the reels of two more nominees were played on the screen.

Screenshot-4015_zps8msf3u5f.jpg

When Kaydence was first cast as the soap-opera vixen Alexa Barstow, some of the show's fans weren't happy for two reasons. First, the role had been originated by a wildly popular actress named Leila Angelista, and her departure had been a huge shock. Her contract had just been renewed, leaving the studio scrambling for a replacement.
    Kaydence had been working on commercials when the show's producers spotted her and invited her for a tryout, during which she won the part. She impressed her new bosses with her work ethic and willingness to learn.
    The other reason the show's fans weren't happy was because of her ethnicity. They believed that Kaydence, who is one-half African American through her mom, was not the best choice to portray the blond, blue-eyed bombshell. But the show's producers didn't listen to the naysayers. Kaydence continued in the role and, as a result, was just nominated for her first award in it.

Screenshot-2170_zpsyzn63aut.jpg

"And the award, for best supporting actress in a prime-time drama, goes to... Kaydence Jolina-Plumb!"

Kaydence winning the award was no surprise. After all, she had been the odds-on favorite to win ever since the nominations were announced. As Kaydence walked up to accept her award, to a standing ovation from the audience, she gave obligatory thanks to the producers, writers, and her parents, but while thanking her family, she also made special mention to Terry, Sierra, Sawyer, and her Aunt Savannah.
    In her acceptance speech, Kaydence used her platform to plead for the safe return of her missing fighter-pilot cousins, Andrew, Jr. (AJ) and his wife, Princess Alexandra of Hidden Springs.

Screenshot-2012_zpsd7d5dbc7.jpg

She told a flashback story about pranking AJ one Christmas by swapping his gift...

Screenshot-1795_zps8kdyg5wg.jpg

Screenshot-1794_zpsyf8brser.jpg

... and another story about him winning an apple bobbing contest against her at the fall festival - a tale that had the audience in stitches and revealing a little bit of the mischievous side she inherited from Sebastian. She also advocated for more money for groundbreaking scientific research, a cause that, of course, was near and dear to her heart.

Screenshot-2174_zpsjqmj4bon.jpg

"Thank you, ladies and gentlemen! Thank you, Academy! Good night!"

Screenshot-2165_zpsktiyhlpb.jpg

Kaydence's mother, Madison Avenue, closed the ceremony with a heartfelt ballad. Nearly a decade after her last world tour, her comeback was now complete.

Screenshot-2178_zpsmlnaq35y.jpg

Screenshot-2179_zpsypp9obil.jpg

After the ceremony, Kaydence and Terry posed for obligatory photographs. Terry slowly became more comfortable, but still, was uneasy in such distinguished company. This was another aspect of the Jolina-Plumb life that he would have to get used to.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @venusdemilosims Great update and congrats to Kaydence! :) I think Terry will soon get used to be in the limelight!
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    @jillbg Yeah it's a necessary evil for Terry, thrust in the spotlight like this because of his relationship with Kaydence. It's not quite a 'Cinder-fella' type deal, since Terry's family is fairly well off, but it's close. It's different than the relationship with her parents, because both of them were famous. The closest comparison is that of Kaydence's dear Aunt Savannah, who was dating Andy, who was not very high ranking in the pro sports career when they started seeing each other, and then he quit soon after Sierra was born (their 3rd child), choosing instead to stay at home and raise the children.

c39f99f0-297d-415e-96db-ee2f60d1bcb6_zps0fjsqtwz.jpg

All the gossip rags the next morning wanted to know who the 'mystery man' was on KJP's arm.
    But to Kaydence and her family, he was no mystery at all. He was Terry Ho, and they had been dating since Kaydence's high school prom. The fact that he wasn't a celebrity and wasn't famous certainly might have appealed to Kaydence, as was the fact that he didn't immediately know who she was.

Screenshot-2754_zpsec4ef7c7.jpg

Screenshot-2755_zps65c41228.jpg

Terry Ho arrived in Sunset Valley shortly after Kaydence did, in fact, from Isla Paradiso. And when he arrived, he was actually friends with Kaydence's cousin, Skylar, and the 'popular kids' in school.

Screenshot-3017_zpscpmqqzie.jpg

Screenshot-2854_zpsw0ftf65g.jpg

Then something happened. He joined the school's creative writing club, and fell head over heels for Skylar's cousin, Kaydence. The two found they had a lot in common. Besides sharing a love of books and writing, they shared a background in the performance arts and eccentric, multiracial families.

Screenshot-4165_zpsdn5b0z4r.jpg

Terry's mother, Tricia, wants to be an Alchemy Artisan. I believe it is from her that he inherited his intellectual side and love of books.

Screenshot-4166_zpspzevg0sq.jpg

Terry's father, Jeffery, wants to be a Great Explorer (scuba diving), although in this shot he doesn't seem to be doing much exploring. Jeffery's father, Gong Ho, came from Shang Simla, China.

Screenshot-3365_zps3snf8ium.jpg

Is it any wonder that, coming from a family like that, he'd be attracted to Kaydence, the girl who created her own world?

loveletter_zpslczl13bz.jpg

Each letter he sent her was more forward than the one before it.

Screenshot-4184_zpsebovf94o.jpg

Screenshot-3228_zpspgnapwh0.jpg

As much as Kaydence's life had changed since meeting Terry, Terry's also changed the minute he laid eyes on Kaydence. He'd been overweight and insecure, with a touch of grumpiness, but Kaydence's enthusiasm and zest for life was infectious.

Screenshot-4175_zpsv2qk8v6x.jpg

At times, though, her boundless energy wears him out.

Screenshot-2907_zpsjozbjyla.jpg

Screenshot-3568_zpssxssm75a.jpg

Skylar, as you could imagine, wasn't very happy with the relationship. She pretended to put on a happy face, but her envy showed through the smiles.

Screenshot-3566_zpszjpsnzfv.jpg

She was in utter disbelief that Terry had chosen bookish Kaydence over her, aspiring pop star and the most popular girl in school. Needless to say, after Terry began dating Kaydence, their friendship cooled.

I actually planned for Kaydence to start dating in college, but Terry basically fell in my lap. He was too good to pass up.
    Post edited by venusdemilosims on

• Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    @InfraGreen Thanks, I've actually become quite fond of him myself. He's not bad looking for a random, and if I had any skill in CAS at all, I'd tweak his features to better reflect his last name (yes his name was actually generated as Terry Ho, and Ho is a legitimate Chinese surname). Have to say he was very persistent in his chase-down of Kaydence. How did you get your nightclub to be so busy?

@jillbg and @Zabeth0 Is it me or did Sierra fill out Kaydence's new class schedule? Lol

schedule_zpswz8wheda.jpg

• Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Heyo, kinda disappearing again, life is just crazy right now, like life likes to be.

Anyway, I have a small update on Aedan. IP is being really stubborn and that's where he and his lovely new wife are or were. I also just want out of there lol. I want to get them home to Aurora Skies for so many reasons lol.

I got a whole bunch of stuff out of the store on the weekend some I wanted for their house so yay I can work on that :mrgreen:. I should be going to bed lol... but I'll be building/decorating now. XD Anyway...

Aedan and Cheri had arrived in Isla Paradiso, after having left Hidden Springs early so Cheri could get away from her parents, and gotten their houseboat settled near a dive spot they wanted to visit the next day. Well, Cheri wanted to visit it anyway, Aedan hated being in the water. He didn't even want to go to Isla Paradiso for the honeymoon but Cheri did and since his parents owned the houseboat the free lodging made for a cheap trip. Making Cheri happy was more important anyway.

With the houseboat anchored they stopped to makeout on the bottom deck before going inside for a steamy shower together. Beyond just being frisky newlyweds they were anxious to start trying for a baby, they'd take every chance they could get to try. At least Aedan knew they wouldn't be spending much time in the water, most of it would be spent in the bed.
    3469993_orig.png
    *Unless you count the shower...*

Aedan reluctantly went diving with Cheri the next day, and was slightly annoyed when she took of to explore a cave leaving him behind. He was rewarded when he caught up with her, however, with some underwater woohoo.
    1593037_orig.png

Twice.
    *For somebody who's terrified of water you sure enjoy woohooing in it an awful lot there, Aedan :/.*

But underwater woohoo uses up a lot of their limited air, so they didn't get to explore much before having to go up for air​.

They spent the rest of the day lounging around the houseboat lying on the deck and taking in the scenery. Being on the water Aedan could enjoy, just not in it. At the end of the day they held each other close to watch as the sunset before going inside to spend the rest of the evening in the bedroom... not sleeping, of course.
    8189510_orig.png

But, the night soon turned stormy and the houseboat rocking in the harsh waves and wind kept them separated each claiming a bathroom for a long night of seasickness.
    9855874_orig.png

So early in the morning as the sun was rising Aedan moved the houseboat and docked it at a secluded island.
    131694_orig.png

​Once docked they set up a tent on the island and tested that it was staked in enough to not budge when a strong wind blew... or they wanted to woohoo in it.
    6501802_orig.png
    *I think it still needs some work.*

Then after a bit of a nap, since they were worn out from being up sick most of the night, they went windsurfing. Still managing to stay on top of the water not in it Aedan had fun, maybe this tropical honeymoon wasn't so bad. Until he and Cheri got separated and ended up on opposite ends of town.
    6630480_orig.png
    3802609_orig.png

But they found their way back to each other and spent the rest of the night, well, you know where this is going. I don't think we need to keep going over this, I think it is time to bid farewell to the newlyweds and let them be frisky in peace.
  • Options
    Hi everyone great updates,
    I have taken a little break from sims this week will be back in the weekend,
  • Options
    @Silverofdreams30 I have taken a kind of break too - first to take pictures of my main character Taïga as an adult, then to fall head over heels in love with The Sims Medieval again! :) I wanted to do a flashback thing, and got sucked into the different gameplay. Love it! <3

@venusdemilosims Might be Sierra... LOL! :) I agree with you, Teddy and Kaydence are good together! :)

@dreamerz13 Actually, why do we have to go on a honeymoon far far away? It's true you spend most time in bed anyway... ;)

@InfraGreen I'm two chapters behind on your story, so I'll have something to look forward to read at bed tonight! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    @jillbg Sims Medieval... I love that game. Too bad it won't work with my Windows 10 laptop. I think those sims are the best looking (without CC) in the entire series. I wanted Sims 4 sims to look like that or even better. Like you I've been wanting to do a thing with the Jolina-Plumbs' ancestors with Sims Medieval. I can't see them having been royalty, so I guess they might have been bards given their current ties to entertainment. There are two strains of the family, the Jolina strain and the Plumb strain. The Plumbs were farmers and such, it's the Jolina side that has given the ties to entertainment. Or maybe the original Jolina was a physician....as Jamie Jolina starts as a doctor.
    In fact back in Hidden Springs Catarina Vanderburg (Alexandra and Sebastian's mother) looked at the Jolina-Plumbs as trash because they're not descended from nobility.
    Kaydence's boyfriend's name is Terry, not Teddy, but just as well as the guy is basically a teddy bear! Lol And given the emphasis on sports I do think Sierra had something to do with that class schedule, lol. Wouldn't put it past her to at least give some pointers.

@dreamerz13 Great honeymoon pics. Nothing like newlywed bliss, lol.

• Options
    @venusdemilosims Sorry! :s Teddy's in my game and gets automatically corrected! :/
    I was hoping on TS4 to have graphics like Medieval or Call of Duty and all other realistic videogames. I was so disappointed when I first saw the cartooney version. TS4 doesn't look realistic even with skins... :(@MemoriiValentine planted the seed and I have started on the Grey Witches ancestors, also witches and doctors... I really like this game, but had some trouble installing it on windows 10 from my old CD's. But installing from Origin works fine... It's quite interesting, I enjoy the quests, and playing without cheats is challenging. :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Hi I hope you don't mind me interjecting into your thread! :)

I have to admit to not being able to keep up with all the activity here - so many people contributing so many great stories, I can only pop in occasionally to see how busy it is.

I love knowing that there are still so many Simmers that love to play and share their adventures in TS3.

Anyway, the point of my post! In the past I received so much generosity from Simmers that now, I 'Own The Store' I really want to pay that generosity forward to other Simmers who love this great game but may not yet have all the extras the Store offers that can make the game even more entertaining than it already is.

As a special thank you to all the Simmers who have inspired me to play and contribute to the Sims community, threads just like this one back on the old sims3 site, I am hosting a lottery especially for Simmers who create stories, videos, lots or Sims or, indeed, share their love of The Sims 3 in any creative way.

With a prize fund of 25,000sp I am hoping I can gift a whole lot of great and talented creative Simmers.

I don't know how many of you here actually create blogs or write up your Sims stories anywhere else but that's not important, as far as I'm concerned pretty much all the contributions to this thread are just the sort of creative sharing my lottery is all about.

If you don't yet 'Own The Store' please enter my lottery and give me a chance to gift you something special!

Either way please check out: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/879917/25-000sp-march-madness-creators-lottery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9u8nNvk0VM

Thank you!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    @jillbg Don't you hate autocorrect? Lol
    Yeah, I was thinking Jamie Jolina's ancestors were all doctors and/or bards, since she also has Virtuoso trait and her descendants have that link to entertainment, and Nigel Plumb's ancestors were farmers and such. Since farming isn't a profession in Sims Medieval (I wish it were!) if I were to do this I'd have to concentrate on Jamie's forebears.

I do have a Sims Medieval related story.... but not that one. It has to do with one of Savannah's novels taking place in the medieval times. And it was inspired, ironically enough, by a ghost hunting assignment she had.

[img]http://🐸🐸🐸🐸.ggpht.com/_4IV7Q1VPymg/TdUbTfqv4CI/AAAAAAAAFXA/tuD9hJG37-k/s1600-h/Screenshot-8712.jpg[/img]

One of Savannah's books had been inspired by a ghost hunting assignment. Here's how it happened.

Screenshot-692_zpsj6nxdzd5.jpg

She'd been called to the home of her former high-school crush and his girlfriend at the time. They were having issues with a ghost. Savannah recalled this as one of her most difficult ghost-hunting assignments ever.
    Her first attempt to zap her with the Banshee Blaster as a level 8 ghost hunter was an abysmal failure, so the ghost approached her, calling her a 'lack-witted cur.' Savannah could tell from the accent and outline of her attire that this was the ghost of someone who had been of the nobility.

Screenshot-732_zpsfzxnd1uh.jpg

After finally vanquishing the ghost, an exhausted Savannah returned home.
    But she didn't go straight to bed. She couldn't get the strangely dressed specter out of her head. She'd briefly seen her name before finally returning her to the afterlife: Alys de Montfort.
    A quick internet search on Alys de Montfort revealed a wealth of information on a life full of promise that ended far too soon.

Screenshot-562_zps4mlwigjy.jpg

alys_zpsww4mtnxw.jpg

Alys de Montfort had been of Norman heritage through her father’s side of the family. She ascended the throne of the kingdom of Arkovia after her father, King Edward, had been killed in a swordfight by his own nephew, Prince Michael. When she was a young girl she had been subjected to lessons in etiquette and manners given by her father’s aunt, Cordelia, but she also secretly took lessons in magic and wizardry from a visiting alchemist.
    Alys de Montfort was a very scholarly and learned queen. She built what was then the largest library on the continent in her castle.

Screenshot-102_zps7kg1bvhe.jpg

She sought to secure and consolidate her power by issuing edicts. Her first edict was that her murderous cousin was not allowed to set foot in Arkovia again.

Screenshot-532_zpsrdyqgmeg.jpg

Realizing that her hold on the throne was tenuous until she married, Alys cleverly held off all her suitors, constantly telling them that she would consider their proposals even though she had no intention of ever getting married. The most persistent of her suitors was the Merchant Prince of Tredony.

Screenshot-142_zpscnclmlbt.jpg

Alys enjoyed long jaunts through the forests surrounding her castle, where she would occasionally hunt bears. Her advisers hated this and constantly complained about it.

Screenshot-122_zpsmam2fzxa.jpg

She was noted for having a bit of a temper; her advisers hated this and called it ‘unladylike.’

Screenshot-472_zpsk8ebkvlo.jpg

She also had some skills in sword fighting. She once had to defend herself against a bandit.
    When she asked for money to build a magic laboratory in the castle, her royal advisers refused; instead she appropriated some of her dowry money to do it.
    A magic experiment gone wrong is the generally accepted reason historians give for Alys de Montfort’s death; attempts to revive her failed. After her death, Arkovia fell to the Nimbans from the far north; the kingdom was never fully the same.

After she read all that, Savannah began the draft of her third book, which would become Alys in Wonderland.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Screenshot-2992_zpsysmowj5w.jpg

It was Savannah's experiences as an adventurer and ghost hunter which formed the backbone of her teaching career at the University, a job she accepted after reaching Level 10, Paranormal Expert, and her tenure as chief archivist at Moonlight Falls' Vault of Antiquity. It was a teaching career no one saw coming following her wild youth, and a teaching career everyone saw coming.
    After all, as a young girl in Sunset Valley, Savannah used to correct her teachers - and she was right, most of the time.

Screenshot-1430_zpsivoqdywk.jpg

But when she took the teaching position at the University, though, she was apprehensive. And there was one person in her life who was especially unhappy about it.

Screenshot-2199_zps6hppkyzx.jpg

It was her oldest daughter, Sage, who had just begun her freshman year as a fine arts student there. After all, seeing her mother every day on campus was not what she signed up for.

Screenshot-2262_zpsstxc955w.jpg

Eventually, though, Sage came around to the idea, well, as long as she could avoid taking her mother's courses, and when she had trouble with a history class, it was Savannah she went to for help.

Screenshot-1417_zpsanu9ydb7.jpg

Savannah's job was a cushy one. She got free on-campus housing and a limo to shuttle her around campus, whereas the students rode around on bikes, rain or shine. When you're one of Simland's wealthiest people, who parlayed an adventurous life into a career as a best-selling author, a limo is just part of the tricks of the trade.

Screenshot-1431_zpso9bd7hzo.jpg

When Savannah first started teaching there, only a few students signed up for her courses.

Screenshot-2633_zps6ureycvk.jpg

Eventually, though, word of mouth spread, and her classes filled up. She developed a reputation as one of the most demanding teachers on campus...

Screenshot-2761_zpsrlckwsoa.jpg

...but at night it was a different story, as she held gatherings at her rental home where students listen to her play renditions of her father Nathan's music and tell stories about all the places she went.

Screenshot-2964_zpsmpkc9tgf.jpg

Savannah's courses now have a waiting list to get in.

Screenshot-2327_zpsiobnuv8i.jpg

Savannah is a celebrity, and celebrity professors get celebrity treatment - even student photographers doing full-page spreads in school advertising.

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've been sick and internet kept getting slow or cutting out for the last week.
    @Silverofdreams30 -They both look great.
    @venusdemilosims -I've seen lots of great things for TS2.Great updates!
    @wolfkomoki1 -Great update!
    @Zabeth0 -Great update!It looks like that crib was a great choice.
    @dreamerz13 -Great update!
    Gibsons Late Spring Makeovers-Jankowskys.
    Eli's new late spring outerwear.
    25266171089_d32acfc5d6_c.jpg
    Ami's new late spring outerwear.
    25007011473_ddb15f4c8f_c.jpg
    Ami's new hairstyle.
    25607550936_a08e4cd0f6_c.jpg
    Eli's charisma study session.
    25541143981_55f115617c_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    @TadOlson Great make-over of the Jankowsky's! Ami looks cool with his earrings! :)

@venusdemilosims Wow. That was quite the update! I love the medieval input, exactly what I'm trying to do - getting an interesting angle on Taïga's visions from the past... She went through the Mirror once and ended up in the past... You can read all about it in Part I - Chapter 36 A Nightmare
    thegreywitches-36-22.jpg
    Interesting how Savannah became a teacher, but it seems normal she wants to share her expériences firsthand too, not only by writing books! I can understand Sage! I went through the same dilemma when my daughter started high school and I was her EFL teacher for 2 years! I was more nervous than she was, though, and everything went well. Luckily I'm appreciated by my students... ;)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    @TadOlson I like your makeover of the Jankowskys.

@jillbg I like the angle where Taiga uses the mirror to go back to the past. I tried something similar a few years back when Andy bought Savannah a time machine and she went back... I don't think I have that story anymore, though.
    Yeah, Savannah did write a book based on a ghost hunting assignment. The ghost showed up wearing medieval attire, and she started wondering what her life was like.
    And teaching was pretty much a natural progression from writing, too. You go to college to 'break away' from your parents, so to speak, and your mom is teaching on campus... not a pleasant feeling for Sage. Of course, there are the other special challenges that occur when Savannah is your mom...

Screenshot-2382_zpsiusft88u.jpg

Savannah's teaching job allowed her ample time to write her books. She only taught 3 classes a week.

Screenshot-2407_zpsk99wmzmp.jpg

She even took up painting again. She'd been good at it and taught to do so by her mother, even been offered an art fellowship to study under Darren Dreamer, but by the time the fellowship arrived, she was already underneath tombs in Egypt.

Screenshot-2406_zpsz8mlsloa.jpg

At the time, Sage was sharing a rental house with her older brother, AJ, and her best friend, Kayleigh.

Screenshot-2508_zps3vicozat.jpg

Sage thrived in college. She began working for the campus radio station, led protests and hunger strikes on environmental issues, and even met her current fiance, Kyle, there.

Screenshot-2299_zpsrqd44wgo.jpg

But even though Sage and AJ had their rental place, they were also spending a lot of time at Savannah's. One morning they had a mother-daughter chat over frozen yogurts. Savannah sensed something was wrong.

"What's going on, baby? You've barely been eating or sleeping," Savannah began. "Care to clue me in?"
    "It's just, you know, stress with school. I've got a heavy course load this semester."
    Savannah shook her head. "If anyone can handle a heavy course load, it's you, Sage. Something else is bothering you."
    Sage eventually told her everything -- about Kyle, about the fight she and her friend had, and Savannah shook her head.
    "Sageblossom."
    Sage knew that when her mother said her full name, she was getting ready to a) fuss at her or b) say something really profound and important.
    "I've watched you grow up into a beautiful and intelligent young woman, one of which I'm immensely proud. I'm even prouder to call you my daughter. I've watched you grow very close to this young lady, Kayleigh, to the point where she's almost like a sister to you."
    "When she started dating AJ, I had no idea it was going to go this bad. And I blame myself for it."
    "You're right, you didn't have any idea, Sage. It's not your fault. Sometimes relationships don't go as well as you want them to."

Screenshot-1647_zpscab71488.jpg

At the time, Sage kinda-sorta wanted her best friend and her brother to date. They did - and the whole thing exploded, spectacularly, leaving Sage blaming herself for the fallout. Which is why she turned to her mother for advice.
    AJ would recover from this, though... he met Alexandra while they were both cadets at the military academy in Hidden Springs, and eventually, of course, they married.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Back to the present day...

Screenshot-5775_zpscecbh6wy.jpg

Back in Sunset Valley, Sierra, not noted for being emotional - that's a quality she inherited from Savannah - got so late one night a week after the award ceremony.
    "All this mushy stuff, this ain't my thing," Sierra began. "But, uh, I'd like to thank you, Kaydence."
    Kaydence looked at her quizzically. "For what?"
    "Going to bat for me," Sierra replied, heaving a deep sigh. "You put your reputation and record on the line for me. Nobody has ever done that before."
    For Kaydence, hearing Sierra speak those words was gratifying, but to her, testifying was simply the right thing to do. After all, she had accompanied Sierra on that fateful Aurora Skies trip.

Screenshot-279_zpsjq23paue.jpg

"Sierra," Kaydence then asked pointedly as they approached the cemetery, "when was the last time you spoke to AJ and Alexandra?"
    Sierra thought about it for a moment, then replied, "About two days before they went on the Lunar Lakes mission."
    "I've got an idea."
    Sierra shook her head. She knew exactly what it meant when Kaydence had an idea. "What are you doing?"
    "We're going to ask the Grim Reaper where they are. At least he'll be able to tell us if they're ghosts or not."

Screenshot-280_zpspo96w0bc.jpg

The girls approached the front entrance of the catacombs, where Grim was standing.

Screenshot-283_zpsbwz4ae9a.jpg

Grim extended his boney hand out to them to greet them. "What can I do for you lovely ladies?" he asked in a friendly manner.

Screenshot-293_zps4l3sthzt.jpg

"I'm sorry for interrupting your jams with our grandpa," Kaydence began, "but we need to ask you a very pointed question, about a couple of relatives of ours. Sierra's brother and sister-in-law disappeared over Lunar Lakes, and nobody has been able to find them."

Screenshot-286_zps8bxzykhe.jpg

Sierra decided Grim was being evasive, so she decided to do a stimulus response test on him, by throwing Kaydence's rubber ducky at him.

Screenshot-285_zpswcd5urdm.jpg

"Sierra," Kaydence whispered, "I don't think it's a good idea to throw a rubber ducky at the Grim Reaper."
    "Relax, he's harmless," Sierra told her.

Screenshot-290_zps9vtd4gbs.jpg

Kaydence attempted to stop Sierra from throwing the rubber ducky, but she was too late.

Screenshot-296_zpsbd7q0bnv.jpg

Nevertheless, their conversation with Grim did yield some surprising answers...

Screenshot-303_zpswlayiqnd.jpg

"Kady, if the military won't find them, we've got to," Sierra decided.

• Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @jillbg: I appreciate being reminded of old Grey Witches chapters...but I'm also clamoring for new ones! Like a greedy, ungrateful fan. ;)

---

2AZXp0b.png

“What…were those?!” Julienne asked, looking ready to sprint out the door.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    Hello lovelies. I meant to make it on the other day but just ugh... life. My grandpa had a heart attack. He's doing quite well apparently, better than the last couple times anyone saw him before but still. I just had to go ignore the world and sulk for a couple days and be bitter about life, feeling a bit better now though.

Buutttttt, I did get another update on Aedan done. So TADA!
    (I don't know if this is actually a tada moment, lol. My game is a butt and we begin to see why now, and I suck for playing along XD. I don't even have any remarks for my sims in this one :/)

The Levine Legacy: Aedan- Chapter 10
    11/3/2016

​Wedded bliss did not last long for Aedan and Cheri. Fights had grown increasingly common since they’d gotten home from their honeymoon and had become a daily occurrence. Cheri was too lazy, letting dirty dishes accumulate around the house, never cooking dinner and leaving burnt leftovers from breakfast to eat.

​“The garden keeps me busy. And my book and paintings.” Cheri would snap when Aedan said something to her, every day. It was always the same argument.
    3203278_orig.png

​Normally Aedan just shook his head and went off to go work on whatever needed to be done around the house, but one day he just lost his patience and started yelling at her. “I do half the garden every day after work. And that same painting has been sitting half-finished since before the wedding. And your laptop has been broken for weeks and you refuse to write with pen and paper. So what are you doing?”

​“Yeah and you promised to fix that weeks ago. Besides if you don’t like it why don’t you do more to help out, instead of complaining?”

​“MORE? What more am I supposed to do, and when? I work all day often putting in overtime, I come home finish what needs to be done in the garden, work on renovations to this stupid house. Which, by the way, I don’t even see the point in since this filth is ruining the whole thing anyway. And then if I don’t get called back in and I have any amount of energy left I do clean up all the crap that you don’t.”
    3879445_orig.png

​“Yeah and maybe you need to stop working so much anyway.”

​“Well tell people to stop committing crimes so I don’t have to. And that still doesn’t change that you need to actually do something around here for a change. Just clean up the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 dishes.” He turned to walk away.

​“Where are you going?” her voice cracked like she was crying.

​“To bed. I’m tired.”

Cheri sniffled in the background as he walked away.
    2411730_orig.png

​The bed beside him was empty in the morning, Aedan assumed Cheri hadn’t joined him there at all as it was early enough she'd still be asleep if she had. It was the first time they hadn’t made up before bed. A couple times one of them had gone to bed before the other, still angry, but they’d always ended up in the same bed anyway and woke up like nothing happened.

​Cheri was making breakfast when he got out of bed so he went to wrap his arms around her from behind and planted a kiss on her cheek. “Hey, I’m sorry for last night. I shouldn’t have yelled.”

“Pancakes will be ready soon. Can you get us coffee?” He couldn’t tell if he was forgiven or not but he didn’t think so. Something in her voice concerned him, it was flat and almost cold, like she didn't care anymore.

​“Sure.”
    8257840_orig.png

​Sitting at the table a few minutes later she told him, “I’m going home for the weekend. I’m going to stay with my dad, visit my mom while I’m there.”

​“When’d you decide to talk to them again?”

​She shrugged “Dad’s been trying really hard to get me to come visit so he can make it up to me, mom too. And I think it’s best if we have time apart for a couple days, cool off. I’ll make sure the house is clean, meals are cooked, and the garden’s caught up before I go. So you won’t have to worry about any of that much.”

​“So you are still mad at me.”

​“I don’t know who I’m mad at. I just think we need a few days apart, a few days where we don’t fight.”

​“Maybe it is for the best, but I’ll still miss you. When do you leave?”

​“Friday morning. I’ll be back in town Monday morning.”

​“Okay, I’ll take you to the airport and pick you up. Do you need money for flights or anything?”

​“My dad’s going to take care of it.”

​“Okay.” He worried she'd never come back, he still had the feeling that she just didn't care anymore, but he knew he couldn't make her stay, he just had to hope for the best.
    8667166_orig.png

​They finished the meal in silence. Cheri grudgingly picked up the plates when they were done and Aedan got ready for work.
    8096220_orig.jpg

​While he was getting ready Aedan called his dad.

​“Hey son, what’s up?” His dad answered.

​“You’re off the weekend, right?”

"Yeah..."

​“I was wondering if you could come out here and help me with something.”

​“Sure, what? Anything to with whatever is going on between you and your wife, moving all your stuff out or something, or hers?” he chuckled knowing Aedan would never try to solve things that way.

​“How do you even… nevermind.” Aedan was going to ask how his dad knew anything, but he realized Cheri’s dad had probably talked to his mom, and Cheri had probably told him everything. “But I guess. I want to do something that will hopefully earn me some forgiveness. Maybe dear old dad will have some sound relationship advice too.”

​“Okay, I’ll be there. Mainly because I’m so curious why you’re having problems already…and your mom wanted me to try and come up and spy anyway. So you just beat me to it.”

​“Thanks for the support dad, tell mom I thank her too.” Aedan chuckled and hung up.
    4157095_orig.png

I have one on Evie just need screenshots too, I dunno if I'm going to do that or another on Aedan next, but hopefully I'll have something in the next day or two. Probs Aedan actually, I think I was going to have to make poses for Evie dunno if I'm in the mood to fight blender. And hopefully I'll be able to get on for comments (hopefully there will be some activity to comment on, is very quiet right now. Guess everybody is a bit busy, hopefully life is being nicer to the rest of you though). Tomorrow is a busy day though, so we'll see.
  • Options
    @venusdemilosims Great updates, I have still not opend the sims game been busy with naother game on my vita,
    nce with breaks soemtimes.
  • Options
    @dreamerz13 Great update I love the skins you use.
  • Options
    Guys we had more bad weather here and I was forced to leave for higher ground. This time we missed the brunt of the worst weather but 35 miles to my northwest they had 20 inches of rain and lots of river flooding. It's terrible.

• Options
    @venusdemilosims Please be careful!
    Darren Dreamer was one of my favorites in TS2 - I had him marry Cassandra Goth and they had lots of kids! Savannah teaching makes me think of Dr Jones (Harrison Ford)... :)
    That visit with the Grim reaper was funny, I would have thought he was a little more scary, not letting the girls get away with throwing rubber ducks at him! :o

@InfraGreen I'm glad you're a greedy, ungrateful fan! RL has been really busy and then some fellow simmers asked me to do someething very timeonsuming... I know, excuses excuses - but I'm working on a new chapter, got sidetracked by The Sims Medieval, but decided to put it to good use in my story. :)

@dreamerz13 I hope everything's well with your granpa - my dad had a heart attach last year, but is doing fine since, he's even stopped smoking! :)
    Great update! I'm horrible, i know, but it's great to read about problems in a couple! That's something you can relate to, and it makes you hope for a happy ending! :/
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    Well, I think I may have just seen my grandpa for the last time. He's not doing so well anymore, at all, he's worse than yesterday apparently, and all they're doing about it now as per his wishes is just keeping him as comfortable as they can... he's done fighting. I don't blame him in the slightest, it's the decision I'd make if I was him, his health is so so bad now and it's never going to be able to be that much better. Family that was going to be visiting in a couple weeks was strongly advised by his doctor to move up visits if they wanted to see him again. So yeah, it really really sucks, and if I disappear that's probably why. Of course sims is my rock, a coping mechanism, so if I'm obsessively simming and working on my stories that's probably why too. I dunno, whatever, it'll be what it'll be.

Tonight though, simming therapy for sure, that is definitely my mood tonight. Gonna hang with Aedan (and his wackadoodle dad, that dude should cheer me up... weird, weird guy. I love him ♥), so I'll probably have an update later.
    @dreamerz13 Great update I love the skins you use.

Thanks.

Guys we had more bad weather here and I was forced to leave for higher ground. This time we missed the brunt of the worst weather but 35 miles to my northwest they had 20 inches of rain and lots of river flooding. It's terrible.

Oh that sucks. Glad you missed the brunt of it, but sorry you've had to deal with it. It sucks to have to flee for safety and it sucks to watch that stuff rip through your community. I hope it all settles soon.

jillbg wrote: »

@dreamerz13 I hope everything's well with your granpa - my dad had a heart attach last year, but is doing fine since, he's even stopped smoking! :)
    Great update! I'm horrible, i know, but it's great to read about problems in a couple! That's something you can relate to, and it makes you hope for a happy ending! :/

Sadly, obviously not. But thanks. I'm glad to hear your dad is doing well and that he's given up smoking... that's great, an important thing for him to do but difficult I know.

Yeah it's nice to have something to relate to and to be able to root for the happy ending. I just like drama of all kinds, it's more entertaining, but it kind of sucks when it's a couple I've shipped so hard for like 2 years. Of course, I could have just been like "Nope, not happening, game... I'm sticking with my plan". I did have a really difficult time deciding whether to play along or not. But anyway, I don't think it's horrible to like reading about that stuff, just human nature.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top