Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @venusdemilosims It's always good when at least you learn a lesson! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited February 2016
    @jillbg Some lessons, though, are more instructive and painful than others. And when they come from your upbringing... Savannah seemed determined not to become her mother. In some ways she succeeded, and in others... well...
    When I used to watch Dr. Phil, one thing he always said that the most powerful role model in a child's life is the same-gender parent. In Savannah's case, that, for better and for worse, was Shandra.
    It takes someone special to marry into the Jolina-Plumb family. You cannot be 'normal' and marry a Jolina-Plumb. It's virtually impossible. Savannah and Sebastian's mother, the former Shandra Bellingham, clearly fit this description. AJ's wife, the former Alexandra Vanderburg, also fit this description.

Screenshot-2120_zpst80xgkj6.jpg

Kaydence left the next day's shoot and was on a mission. She had to report her dream about AJ and Alexandra's whereabouts to the boys at the base.

Screenshot-2121_zpsgtvygxw9.jpg

But first, she had to change clothes. She could not wear her Alexa Barstow, soap-opera vixen, costume to the military base.

I like to have fun sometimes with the career outfits, using clothes I wouldn't use ordinarily, especially if a sim is in a performance or show business career. And a Nraas trick fellow simmer LunBeauty (who's no longer here) taught me about changing hair colors by outfit... which explains why Kaydence, who naturally has dark chestnut hair, can have her blond 'wig' for her character.

(Kaydence plays a character who is the complete opposite of herself. But you could see she could have drawn inspiration from some people in her life, though.)

Screenshot-2126_zpswzdjb3uv.jpg

So she spun into an extra outfit she'd brought just for that purpose.

Screenshot-2130_zpsc3xgrm7x.jpg

Screenshot-2123_zpsr2qyy60k.jpg

But what was that mysterious "Astra bracelet" on her arm?

Screenshot-2127_zps2xq2t4gs.jpg

Kaydence hopped in her father's mustard-yellow sportscar, because hers had a flat tire - and because she didn't want to be found out.

Screenshot-2132_zpshodeujjp.jpg

The stars shone brightly on that crisp evening over the Fort Gnome Military base on the far northern end of Sunset Valley. Its location had to be secret because of the operations that occurred there.

Screenshot-2129_zpsedpnhdhy.jpg

Screenshot-2128_zpszygusoqt.jpg

Kaydence arrived at a quarter to eight. She took a deep breath. She knew they were not going to believe her.
    Post edited by venusdemilosims on
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Part 2:

Screenshot-2131_zps60k8mser.jpg

Screenshot-2133_zpsa9ghkync.jpg

Kaydence walked through the emblazoned double doors of the Fort Gnome military facility and was immediately ushered through a long, straight corridor. At the very end of the hallway was the main command center, where the commandant was standing over a series of machines.

Screenshot-2182_zpsgenqhba5.jpg

"Who are you?" he asked in a deep, gruff voice.
    Kaydence straightened up. "Kaydence Westley, sir," she replied, using her mother's last name.
    "And I assume you'd like to take a tour of our grand facility?"

Screenshot-2187_zpsfx0c6uml.jpg

"Yes - and no," Kaydence replied. "I - I - my cousin, Andrew, and his wife, Alexandra, are missing -"
    "I assure you, we're doing everything we can to find them. We have the best and the brightest out there."
    Kaydence sighed again. "You see, they might be in trouble."
    "Oh?" The commandant looked at Kaydence quizzically.

Screenshot-2090_zps2qr4hqdq.jpg

"I - I - I had this dream, about a crashed ship in the middle of a vast wasteland -"
    "Well, we know something happened to their ship, we just don't know what."

Screenshot-2080_zps2w8cei9r.jpg

"It was dark and storming meteors, and by the time I walked inside the ship I woke up."
    The commandant sighed. "Listen, young lady, I understand your concern about your cousin. Believe me. I would be behaving the same way if I were in your position."
    "I think the ship crashed and they lost contact with mission control. I think they're alive, but I don't think they're on Earth. I think they're in another dimension."

The commandant shook his head. Who was this Kaydence Westley? And what was that mysterious bracelet she was wearing on her arm? Maybe she did know something.

• Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @jillbg: Best wishes for your daughter. <3

@venusdemilosims: Love that shot of the wasteland. The faded edges are a great touch.

@tadolson: Hope you had fun with TS2!

---

Yuwz8kl.png

They soon were situated outside, with a pot of rose petal tea to share.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @Zabeth0 -Great update!
    @jillbg -The town residents are lucky to have that money tree.I got the new family harvesting from it to help with the cost of building their house.
    @Silverofdreams30 -Thanks for the comment.
    @vensudemilosims -It was sad to hear that he was dying and he's with Pig now.Great update!
    @InfraGreen -I have been having fun adding new Mods to the game and playing it out.
    Gibsons-Spring-1867.
    The town started getting more work done on the building of the new town hall in the night.
    24762235770_124a3097f2.jpg
    Tad and Cody Olson got up and got ready for the first day of spring so early it was still dark out.
    25031479446_2dc1a07c1a.jpg
    They were both studying and Tad had done her homework as the letter carrier dropped off some mail for them.
    24690190759_3bd22fdf27.jpg
    Cody started writing a story on her computer while Tad used the washroom.
    24430949783_81259d919e.jpg
    Tad played with the chemistry table while Cody was at work and discovered a potion.
    24430944333_9329e14b14.jpg
    It was raining as they both got ready for bed at 8PM.
    24762187480_6c8d9182fe.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    @Venus: You're telling me! ;) I hope things improve for you and your neighbors and I hope your mom continues to be understanding! :D Thanks. I'm not sure if mods are the reason I can CAS them now. :D Yeah, he's observant, so I figured he'd notice. :D

Well, sometimes Geniuses have trouble picking what to do since everything is so interesting. I have no doubt that Sebastian left things open to her that other parents wouldn't have because he knew how hard it could be to choose, and I think he kind of felt pressured into music, therefore passed it up even though he has talent there (because he didn't believe he could measure up to their expectations). I even think that Sebastian might at least sort of be relieved that she's doing science because it gives him an outlet concerning that path that he didn't choose. ;)

Rafael didn't really get much of a choice; his mother wanted him to be an artist, so it's been tied up with his identity from the moment he was born, even his name is after Raphael the Italian Renaissance artist she adored...(while his name isn't Russian, it was transliterated into Russian spelling) from the time he was a tiny baby she'd take him to art museums, talk to him about color theory, tell him about what kinds of parties he'd be going to as an artist, buy him art supplies (even when money was tight), and praise him on anything artistic he did that looked even mildly interesting to her. He was still fascinated with science and daydreamed about being an astronaut (dreaming he could do both, and maybe paint planetary landscapes... He imagined painting in 0 gravity too and chasing the paint around with canvas and how it might skitter because of surface tension, or maybe bounce off like a tennis ball or if different substances could be used to break the surface tension and suck the paint to the canvas in space...he wanted to experiment with that), but what really stopped him from being a scientist (if he didn't purposefully sabotage his test results, he would have been pushed into it) was that when he was a boy he noticed some flasks and beakers and a couple of watch crystals stacked up and all dusty on a shelf...and asked his grandma about them, and she sadly told him about her son, Kolya, and how as a young man, he'd just gotten on as a lab assistant at this science center, and her and her husband (back when he'd been alive) were so proud of him...and then there was that disaster with some experiment that vaporized most of the building and only about half the bodies were ever found...and most of them were liquefied...and they never found Kolya's body...so, that lab glassware was all she had left of him. So, while no one actually told Rafael that he couldn't go into science, he didn't want to upset them (his grandma and father because they'd be reminded of his uncle Kolya and his mother because she wanted him to be an artist) and it wasn't like art wasn't fun and interesting. From his perspective, when he chose to fail a placement test by picking the fourth of the test to do badly on (deliberately), he was choosing art over science. Not that he would have had any better luck at being a scientist, since the same course of events would have unfolded and he'd still have been trapped working as a criminal, though he would look different and his favorite music wouldn't be darkwave lol. :D (Since he got in with the Goths because they were the best artists at his school).

Nice flashback to see Savannah as a young woman, it's interesting to see her and her more modern style in that old fashioned kitchen... lol. :D (I know it was in honor of the farmer founder of the family but Shandra's style is much closer to it, Savannah stands out there). Love the Savannah wedding pics! :D Wow, two dresses, the second more Egyptian than the one she got married in lol. ;) Lol- wow, yeah, teen Sebastian looks pretty much just like movie star Sebastian lol. ;) Seems the charm started early. :D Seems he fit Shandra's socialite plans more than Savannah did. :D

Lol @ "The day you'd wed. At one point I thought you'd never marry." Wow, Shandra, did you really think you could talk Savannah out of an obsession with Egypt when she's committed to raising two children from Egypt? It's not like a teenage phase lol. Though I can see a resemblance in how Shandra talks to Savannah and how Savannah talks to Sierra lol. :D

Ah, so, Shandra has her own odd secrets...she has the recipe to Ambrosia and guaranteed that Savannah was a girl! :D So, Shandra shaped the course of Savannah's life, not only by marrying her father, but by making sure everyone in her life stuck around...and were young enough to enjoy having an energetic girl to chase around the yard lol. :D And Maggie was so influential to Savannah too! :D Lol @ "Falling in love with him, actually, was not part of the plan." I'm glad her plan changed, love is delicious. ;) I'm glad she approves of Andy, maybe she'll share some of that knowledge with him ;)

Um, you haven't seen the new crib yet, that's the old one that Zelda thinks of as a cage because of the bars...lol. :D (Yeah, that's the fearsome 'cage'...but really Zelda's reaction is more a function of her still being traumatized than it has anything to do with reality...her feelings on this matter are as unreasoning as a phobia). ;) Yeah, Rafael's softer when he has a family...so Zelda might not have any idea what she saved the world from by casting a love spell on Rafael...lol. :D Of course, that's only true in the universes where Zelda survives. ;)

Wow, so preoccupied she almost went as Alexa lol! (Imagines the look on a commandant that maybe secretly watches soap operas as 'Alexa' strides in lol!) O,O ;) Good thing she changed. :D That's a pretty cool bracelet, I wonder why she's wearing it there..does it have anything to do with tracking the ship or proving her visits to the future...? Or just confidence to help her talk to them when she is sure they won't believe her. :D

Looks like it's the bracelet that's giving her some credibility there. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    @InfraGreen Thanks, I wanted it to look like a dream sequence and distinguish it from the 'modern' pictures.

@TadOlson Nice update. Letter carriers dropping off mail, was it any good or was it just bills? Lol

@Zabeth0 Yeah, Sebastian was in fact pressured into music. In fact, knowing Savannah had zero interest in it (well not quite zero but less than what you'd think), Shandra made sure he had a bunch of lessons in every instrument. She pretty much had pinned her hopes on him to keep the family business going, because she knew Savannah wouldn't. Lol

Funny you should mention about the origin of Rafael's name and that his mom wanted him to be an artist. People have strange reasons for naming their kids what they do. Some people name their kids after characters in books, others after dead relatives, and still others do so, well, just because. The story regarding Sebastian's name was that Shandra wanted to call him Johann Sebastian (after Bach). Nathan said no to that idea. The classical musician couple compromised on Sebastian.

Sometimes parents have dreams for their kids, and sometimes their kids have their own ideas. Savannah was clearly one of those kids. Rafael seemed to be another, lol. And kids have events that happen to them that shape their lives, as was the case with Rafael with the death of his uncle. Savannah had a writer aunt who clearly placed her imprint on this very bright, independent girl - and now she is paying it forward for another bright, independent girl a generation later.

Sebastian wouldn't be like most parents because, like we both know, he's a genius. He was valedictorian of his class, extremely, extremely bright. He was a bunch of other things, too, of course, which led to his ultimate choice to become a movie star. Savannah wrote about the child Sebastian:
    Seriously, the boy spends more time on the computer than he does anywhere else. When he gets up in the morning the first place he goes is the computer in the basement. He chats online, he plays games (especially that Computer Chess...Simplified game mom put on there, and who knows what else. When he's done with homework (which he does the minute he gets in from school), that's where he goes, too.

Which would partially explain Sebastian's approach to parenting. Remember the conversation in which he kinda-sorta confronts Kaydence about her utopia before she comes clean? He's hiding his own excitement about her discoveries.

He also occasionally spins wants to write screenplays, even though technically in game it's impossible for an actor to direct and vice versa. Perhaps he's wanting to branch out behind the camera into directing?

As for Savannah's two dresses, I'd actually downloaded the other dress after I'd done the wedding once, and then I re-shot the wedding with the other dress and spliced different sets of pictures.

In hindsight, Sebastian doing something in show business was pretty much a given. The guy was a grade-A charmer, Mr. Popularity, super handsome, etc. I'd actually played out his childhood before Late Night came out, and he definitely made friends easier than his sister. In fact, when he got his first kiss before she did, he rubbed it in, lol. Savannah was much more serious, kept to herself most of the time, etc. Savannah used to correct her teachers in school. Savannah recalls of her childhood:
    The social stuff comes so easy for him. Even when he was little he had tons of friends and was always at someone's house. I, by contrast, was never exactly the most social person, and that kind of thing was always a challenge for me, even when I was little. I'd never had a play date at someone's house and none of the other kids shared my interests.

Screenshot-263.jpg

Of course Sebastian fit Shandra's socialite plans, because Savannah didn't have an ounce of socialite in her. But despite how different he and Savannah were and are, you wanna know how close they were? Whenever young Sebastian needed advice, it was Savannah he turned to. He thought she knew everything. They were so close that when he hauled butt to Bridgeport to become an actor, he and she exchanged a whole bunch of letters, and she even went out there once. The only disagreement they've ever had was, well, over Madison. Lol

So the fact that their daughters, who are practically the same age, hate each other, is killing them.

Screenshot-236.jpg

Back to Savannah. Yeah, she was absolutely a wild child, in every way. Shandra couldn't control her and Nathan didn't want to:
    "You do realize the cops brought your daughter home last night, right?"

"Uh-hum," he hummed as he continued his tune. "I wanted you to hear my latest composition, I've been working all night on it --"

Shandra did take Savannah's car away, but it didn't do much good, because Savannah was sneaking out to go to the catacombs.

Screenshot-75.jpg

Savannah's relationship with Shandra was not only difficult, but contentious and bordered on impossible.
    "You know, Savannah, in my day girls were supposed to be seen and not heard. The most dangerous thing we ever did was walk around in stiletto heels. Here you are, gallivanting about the world, taking up residence in dusty tombs and dodging fire, electricity, and mummies. And you're -- happy -- about this?"
    "I'm happier than I've ever been in my entire life. I love my job and cannot imagine myself doing anything else."
    "Start with your walk, Savannah. My gosh, you don't walk, you tramp about with your fists clenched, great heaving strides. You're supposed to glide about, like a lady."
    "Yeah, well, mom, you know, it's kinda late to try to tell me what to do now."
    "You know, I wish you were more like Sebastian, really. He has a ton of friends, does well in school, and wouldn't even think of doing the things you do."

But as much of a wild child as Savannah was, Sierra, Savannah's third-born child, turned out to be much, much worse, and Savannah not only knew it, but has made some of the same mistakes Shandra has. On top of Savannah's third child, there is now Savannah's fourth-born child, Skylar, who is showing signs of having inherited her mother's stubbornness...

Like I told jillbg, to marry into the Jolina-Plumb family, you have to be special. You cannot be 'normal' and marry a Jolina-Plumb. It's virtually impossible. Savannah and Sebastian's mother, the former Shandra Bellingham, clearly fit this description. AJ's wife, the former Alexandra Vanderburg, also fit this description.

The madam learned the recipe as a young girl. Would she be willing to teach it to her son-in-law? Especially since relations with her daughter remain frosty?

Savannah admitted even way back when that her bluntness got her in trouble. She was not the easiest person to get along with, nor was she the easiest to love, as Andy found out the hard way. Andy, remember, met Savannah in high school biology class, when she was assigned to tutor him when he arrived in town. And Savannah was not the easiest catch. However, the bluntness and the feistiness - is what Andy fell in love with.

You can see, then, why Savannah made some of the decisions with her kids that she made. One thing Savannah did was allowed her kids more freedom with occupations than she had. She has one son in the military, a daughter who's a professional athlete, a daughter who's a medical intern, and a daughter who goes around speaking about the environment and doing hunger strikes, and so far only one of her children (Skylar) has fully committed to a career in show business.

I haven't quite figured out why Kaydence is wearing that mysterious bracelet ;) I know I found it in the Into the Future accessories and figured why not.

I know I've given you a lot of links and a lot of stuff to read but whatevs. My apologies as it's a lot. I was writing it as I was thinking of it, and every time I thought I was finished I thought about something else to add.

• Options
    @Dreamerz: Lol- yeah, her parents have quite different personalities. :D Yeah, Stacy's a few years from that chore! ;)

*Wince* Yeah, that's always hard. Things can change so fast. :(

Ah, hot-headed, yeah, that's a tricky trait and doesn't lend itself well to seeing reason. :)

@TadOlson: Thanks. :D Looks like a fun place. :D Looks like Tanner got to try out the new gumball machine. :D

@Silver: Ah, she's got his hair. :D What's Triton's and London's daughter's name? :D Oh, congratulations on finding your first unicorn! :D

Thanks. :D

@Jillbg: Welcome back! :D Eeek! Well, I'm glad she didn't burst her spleen, and is doing well enough to get back on skiis... totally understandable why that'd be scary. Hopefully the spending the day in the ER will cause her to be more cautious, as who wants to spend any more time there than they absolutely have to? :D

Lol- thanks. :D Yeah, Zelda is impatient... in fact she's angry at Rafael for 'blowing her off'...for a couple weeks now...she's not considering that he might be a bit shaken about her almost dying and wanting her to recover. :D Of course, since he's a workaholic and getting dangerously close to his revenge on Konstantin Petrovich, and has been spending a lot of time with the dragons...she's feeling neglected, and so she's trying to get him to spend time with her...one on one. ;)

Lol- well, that's the old crib, you haven't seen the new one yet...you'll see it soon! :D Lol @ IKEA Heaven! ;) Yeah, sorry, I know it's a hard situation to be in, which is why I bring it up from time to time... :D
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @jillbg Thanks, thought to use Ariel at first but aura was more pretty

@venusdemilosims Great update, thank you

@TadOlson Great udpate

@Zabeth0 it is aura, since her dad is a merman I thought of Ariel first, but aura was more pretty to use.
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Amira Parker is the newest resident of Isla Paradiso. As a single mother with no one to take care of her son Aric, she decided to become a lifeguard to pay the bills.

First she surveyed the beach for anyone that might need saving.
    zjikjb.jpg

Without fail it was time to save our first swimmer.
    30ic23b.jpg

Later she decided to go on a group outing.
    ztul8w.jpg

Later she moved the houseboat.
    After that she went to sleep.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    When Darla and Talia arrived in the future, something was very, very, very wrong. There was trash everywhere. The water was so dirty, the girls weren't sure it was even safe to swim in. The sky was covered in smog, and there were rifts in the ground.

"How do sims even breathe in this plum?"Darla asked.
    24dj9ci.jpg

"I know right? If we both weren't dead we'd choke to death in this plum." Talia laughed.
    24fjips.jpg

"Want to get something to eat?" Darla asked.
    "And risk food poisoning? I'd rather take my chances with the infected waters." Talia shrieked.

And so they roasted the fish they caught.
    15ysyrt.jpg

6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @venusdemilosims -It was just a package and there was no bill paying option.Thanks for the comment.
    @Zabeth0 - That pool is getting better with each new improvement to the lot.
    @Silverofdreams30 -Thanks for the comment.
    @wolfkomoki1 -Great updates!
    Here's an update on another new Mod I'm testing to fix the fighting issue on community lots I always ran into with my past games.
    It allows me to set restrictions on the lot visitors for tiny stores to stop overcrowding which led to the fights and brawls I hated so much.
    25069659000_06fcf0ac34_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    I only have 2 screens today, it is sims I created to place in the world.

[img][/img]Screenshot_zpsu1cuymcb.jpg

This is a male vampire sim forgot his name at the moment, but Im
    playing in sunset valley tonight so placed him there.

[img][/img]Screenshot-2_zps7jm6bxwn.jpg

this was a try at making my simself lol, will just place in world not play with.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    I wish I had time to read everything but I'm headed to the doctor, my sister's hubby was diagnosed with prostate cancer and isn't taking it well.

@wolfkomoki1 Oh man...they must be in dystopia. I haven't tried that future yet, my sims haven't wanted it. My sim wanted the utopia one so that's the one I did. Your ghost faeries are awesome.

@TadOlson It's amazing that new mods and cc are being made for Sims 2.

@Silverofdreams30 Your simself is cute. I have made simselves in sims 2, 3, and 4 but have never played any of them. They have never even been placed in world.

@jillbg I was just thinking about what you said the other day about the concept of your 'Grey Witches' story, about young Taiga going to bring happiness and cheer to her grumpy grandma's life. Kaydence, originally from Starlight Shores, arrives in Sunset Valley with her father to meet her extended family for the first time. (Her father's family originates from Sunset Valley.) She's come into Sunset Valley basically like a southern California breeze. She's come not to make trouble or to steal anyone's spotlight. Savannah wrote about Kaydence's impact on the family:
    When my baby brother Bassy's precocious daughter showed up here from Starlight Shores, I had no idea what to expect. Now she's got all of Sunset Valley talking about her... and our whole family has been turned upside down.

Screenshot-2184_zpsfejh9tr5.jpg

Commander Edmund Blank had seen it all. A hardened military captain, Commander Blank had flown missions all over the Sim world. But he had been stopped in his tracks by a teenage girl wearing a mysterious glowing bracelet.

Screenshot-2186_zpsrpla277g.jpg

The young girl's earnest questions, combined with her vivid recollection of the dream she'd had about her cousins' disappearance, had shaken him and all of his long-held beliefs.

Screenshot-2188_zpsfz8aq2p6.jpg

But no matter what he'd told her, he still couldn't convince her that he and his other officers were actively searching for them.

Screenshot-2189_zpswnu2qib9.jpg

None of his answers satisfied her - and he knew it.
    But it hadn't been until the young girl left that he realized who she was. Months earlier, she'd come into the same facility, carrying bottles of a mysterious 'happiness dew' that she'd invented, along with a time-traveling scientist named Emit Relevart. She'd somehow convinced a few fighter pilots - among which was her very same cousin and his wife - to spray dew all over Sunset Valley, creating a mystical utopian paradise for the future realm.
    "People don't just vanish off of the face of the earth," Kaydence wondered, "something happened to them, and I'm going to find out."

(The desks are a Sims 4 conversion. They were the mission control center in that game, a reward for the astronaut career.)

• Options
    @venusdemilosims Great update, thanks ,
    I have tried doing my simself once before it looked bette rthan this one haha.
  • Options
    After Talia and Darla became sick of the dystopian future they decided to go university.

Talia went into Fine Arts and Darla went into Business.

Darla works on a business plan.
    9pn7l2.jpg

Talia works on a sketch.
    rv8wav.jpg

Soon enough it was time for the meet and greet.

Darla got invited to a party.

The girls decided to slam the vending machines.
    View My Video

Later they decide to play "juice" pong.
    View My Video

Darla decided to play Table Tennis with the mascott.
    11r3tpu.jpg

Talia joined someone for a game of pool.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    @Silver: Well, welcome to baby Aura, then! :D Wow, he looks pretty healthy for a vampire. :D Oh my, placing your simself in the world is living on the edge!, who knows what you'll run into your simself doing! (In one fellow simmers' game her simself kept hitting on her current household's founder...sending love letters and the like....) Though you look like a lot of fun, I hope the game doesn't make your simself do anything that annoys you. ;)

@wolfkomoki: Does she have Aric there at the beach with her, then? Ah, look at her being such a good lifeguard. :D Attentive and responsive! :D Wow, looks like she's off to have some fun... :D

Lol @ "I know right? If we both weren't dead we'd choke to death in this plum."

Looks like they are having far more fun at university than in the dystopian future. :D

@venus: I love the 'yeah, right' expression on Kaydence's face on the last picture lol. :D Also the name Commander Blank amuses me, it reminds me of place holder names in videogames. (Oh, Player name! If only you'd arrived sooner!) ;) The command station sets the scene nicely. :D I hope Kaydence manages to help...though it sounds like the military are doing the conventional searches and she's got ideas about unconventional searches. :D

• Options
    edited March 2016
    @wolfkomoki1 The ghost faeries in University, rofl. Their classmates don't seem to mind, either.

@Zabeth0 I know right! That's why I posted it. ;) She is not buying what he is selling.

Screenshot-2148_zpslrlov2mq.jpg

Kaydence's next days were as busy as her last several were. First, Commander Blank at Fort Gnome sent her to the science labs to speak to the brains there.

Screenshot-2150_zpsgkgzp3zz.jpg

The day after that, she had to shoot a commercial for Llama Musk perfume and do a book signing at Divisadero. (@jillbg's book signing photo was the inspiration for this one) The book display is a conversion from Sims 4.
    While her parents argued, Kaydence buried herself in books. When she was a small child, a rogue paparazzo famously photographed her reading in a nightclub.
    It's no surprise, then, that Kaydence's lifelong love affair with books culminated in her writing one herself.
    Suddenly she felt her dream of returning to college to get her science degree evaporating into thin air.

Screenshot-2145_zpszu3lb1u8.jpg

While Kaydence was doing her book signing, a friendly clerk was outside the vegetable market selling fresh wares.

Screenshot-2146_zpsodntjenf.jpg

Suddenly a young woman with a blond ponytail walked up to the display case. The clerk seemed excited. "May I help you with anything?"
    Sage replied, "Oh, just looking," as she perused the display of farm-grown fruits and vegetables.
    The clerk stopped herself, seeming to recognize the young blond woman at her display. "Sage Jolina-Plumb?" she asked.
    Sage nodded shyly.
    "Our veggies are the best in the Valley," the clerk announced, "you can't go wrong with this bunch."

Screenshot-2147_zpsyipwldzt.jpg

"I heard about your engagement," the clerk said, making small talk. "Congratulations. I remember when my husband proposed to me, it was right after I'd completed the night shift here."
    "Sounds sweet," Sage mused.
    "Have you made any wedding plans?"
    "No, we haven't really talked about it," Sage said sadly. "There's been so many other things going on -"
    "I heard about your brother and sister-in-law, so sad. I hope they find them soon."

• Options
    2nd Zolnikov Christmas Special: (Part Fourteen)

10i6pao.jpg

Zelda: "I'm sorry, I don't know why it broke, it just broke, and I just can't deal with it, Rafael...yes, magic can fix it...but it's so slow! And I don't know if I can focus, I just...can you fix it?"

Rafael: Her left eyebrow twitched and her lips quivered, halfway through her sentence her eyes shifted to look at the floor then she realized what she was doing and looked back at him, blushing. Her voice was too high, so she dragged it back down with a defensive tone; he carefully contained his urge to sweep her into his arms and tell her she was adorable when she tried to lie. She was just comically bad at it. But she was putting so much effort into it, it would be a shame to spoil her attempt...perhaps he could just try to figure it out without calling attention to it.

eg7q5d.jpg

Rafael: "Yes, Zyelda, I vill fix the shovyerr. Soon. I'll jyust tyurrn off the vatyerr to it forrr now, and gyet it fixed in betveen thinks, don't you vorry, it'll gyet done."

Zelda: "But Stacy needs to be all bathed and dressed and, I've still got some Christmas things to do, can you deal with Stacy and I'll get Dmitry all ready?"

1syz5l.jpg

Rafael: Oh, so that was it, she was trying to get sneaky Christmas things done and he needed to be busy doing something else so he didn't see. Of course, his plans involved her going in to see the crib he'd put together this morning while she was asleep...so, he really wanted to help them both get what they wanted out of it. "Zyelda, I haf no prroblem vith fixink the shovyerr, but somevone needs to gyet Styacy up...I dyid syend herr to byed earrly, aftyerr all..you don't vant herr to vake up and be sittink therre vondyerink vhy she's styill in herr crrib vhen you'rre usually so eagerr to gyet herr out? I can styill gyet herr all bathed and chyanged and rready, not to vorry, but surely you can jyust gyet herr out? This von't tyake lonk. I'll come in vonce this vatyerr is off so this room doesyint flood and you von't haf to hyandle any of the othyerr stuff, and you can go drress Dima up vithout me evyen goink in therre, I prromyise."

wk0c2f.jpg

Zelda: "Okay, sure, it's not like it takes long to rescue Stace-zilla from the cage."

Rafael: He really wished he could see her face when she laid eyes on the new crib and realized there were no bars...but he really did need to turn off the water and if he did it as fast as he could, then his excuse for her going in there would evaporate.

2ry376v.jpg

Rafael: He'd noticed Zelda's penchant for cartoon animals with comical proportioning, so he bypassed his more formal style in preference of hers. It didn't matter if it looked silly to him, if that made his wife hate it less, well, she was the one that would rock their daughter all night rather than put her in the crib because she thought of it as a cage. Of course, this one had no bars. He wasn't sure why the shower didn't qualify as a cage in her mind; it actually had metal bars...it was box shaped...but perhaps it was both bars and the function of trapping the individual in it. If it was just trapping the individual in it, then this would not help things, but she'd actually vocally objected to the bars so he had every reason to believe this would please her.

2unwoqp.jpg

Rafael: She made a delighted squeal almost like their daughter's, and leapt into his arms.

14j5lrc.jpg

Zelda: "You...it's a bed! You found a bed with no bars! You brilliant man!"

Rafael: He loved it when a plan worked out.

• Options
    @Venus: Well, at least Commander Blank contributed something to her search. ;) She'll probably have a far easier time talking to the 'brains' at the science center. (Kaydence: "Hey, remember me, from the convention? Yeah, with the dew. Yeah!")

Well, she still has to live her life while she's trying to help the investigation along, and her life is apparently commercials and book signings right now. :D (She looks so serious there...it's almost like she's a workaholic, ready to sign until her arm goes to sleep...and then some!) Well, it's cool that sims 4 stuff is so useful in sims 3 lol. ;) (It's fun that we can feed off of each other...or um, probably a more favorable way of saying that is...inspiring each other lol.) ;)

Well, she's young yet, she can always return to college later. ;)

Nice to see how Sage is doing. :D It's too bad the disappearances overshadowed their wedding plans, but people disappearing like that do tend to interrupt the course of events in a family. And of course, being so famous even the clerks that sell vegetables from a cart have heard of the Jolina Plumbs lol. :D At least she's getting some sympathy. Poor veggie seller...I can just imagine coming home tired from a shift and being proposed to then...then again, people feel different ways about it, that might have turned a bad day into an awesome one. ;)
  • Options
    @venusdemilosims Finally we're seeing some action! ;) I was so wondering what happened to AJ and his wife... Great updates, the pictures illustrating her dreams look just right! Did you convert the famous TS4 reward-desk yourself? If so, would you mind sharing it? :) Lol about the book signing! :)

@zabeth0 Cute crib! I'm sure Stacy loves it as much as her mom! :D
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    @venusdemilosims Thanks, great updates

@Zabeth0 Great update, he was still a human on the photo I had not changed him to a vampire yet haha.
    My simself has not yet bothered my other sim in game, she seem to handle herself lol not even seen her around haha.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Screenshot-2178202_zps0z6t76dp.jpg

@jillbg Lol I'm not that good, I leave that to those who are... among which are Sandy at Around the Sims. She's a French simmer who's been around awhile, since the days of Sims 2 I believe. The actual item is here: Space Center. Hers are among the few third-party downloads I trust. I play Sims 3 much more than Sims 4, plus EA is still making items for that game...

@Silverofdreams30 Glad to hear your self-sim is well behaved, so to speak ;)

@Zabeth0 Aww the new crib is adorable, much better ;) Zelda certainly approves, and I guess Anastasia does, too, given that she's sleeping soundly ;)
    Yeah, her life is pretty much commercials and book signings. (Actual game events btw, that she had to do.) College is definitely on the back burner at this point, with her career soaring. Lol that's because she "is" a workaholic ;) Workaholics don't get tired of work, work energizes them. I do think that's a major factor behind Kaydence's decision not to have children, she's worried about her job taking away from her ability to spend time with her family. Not only is Kaydence a workaholic, but as a genius, her mind is constantly active. On the flip side, she's inherited Madison's Diva trait, which the workaholic/genius traits kind of mute a little bit, and she also inherited Madison's Star Quality trait. This is a young lady who was raised for a life in front of the camera. The spotlight loves her.
    For better and for worse, Kaydence is a combination of Madison and Sebastian, the two complete opposites who created her.
    Yeah, Sage being family oriented would definitely be impacted by the disappearance of her brother and sister-in-law. I actually found Sage buying veggies while Kaydence was in the bookstore.
    I play Sims 3 much more than Sims 4, plus EA is still making items for that game ;)

Screenshot-2155_zpscjrul766.jpg

There is one more thing that's now a part of Kaydence's soaring career, besides commercials and book signings - red carpet appearances.
    The Jolina-Plumbs had been fixtures there for years. If it weren't Nathan and Shandra for their music, it had been Sebastian for his acting. It had been awhile, though, since a Jolina-Plumb had been on the list of nominees for the Golden Simmy awards, but this year, instead of Sebastian's name being there, it's that of his teenage daughter, Kaydence, as best supporting actress for her role as conniving vixen Alexa Barstow in 'As the Sims Turn.'

Screenshot-2156_zpsya2yixlw.jpg

Kaydence Jolina-Plumb represents the third consecutive generation of the family in show business. And as she's come of age, there's no question that she is, indeed, both beautiful and talented. Her beauty, though, had mostly been inherited from her glamorous mother, international pop superstar "Madison Avenue." The genetic contribution of her father, accomplished actor Sebastian Jolina-Plumb, while muted, was nevertheless there, too. She'd been groomed for a life in front of the camera since she was born.

But there was much, much more to Kaydence Jolina-Plumb than just stunning good looks. She turned out to be well endowed upstairs, too. As a child, she read everything she could put her hands on. By the time she hit her teens, it was clear that she was exceptionally bright and hard-working. She made As in school despite holding down an acting job and her regular school extracurricular activities. Plus, her exceptionally high scores on the Sims University Aptitude Test (SUAT) allowed her to bypass the final three years of high school and enter college on a full honors scholarship. In addition, she wrote a science fiction novel, based on a futuristic world she created as a child.

Screenshot-237_zpsaf2smb9i.jpg

"All eyes tonight are on the remarkable Kaydence Jolina-Plumb as she makes her first-ever red-carpet appearance, the first of many I believe," the announcer began. "Miss Jolina-Plumb is of Simmywood royalty as the daughter of superstar actor Sebastian Jolina-Plumb and legendary pop star Madison Avenue. At 16, Jolina-Plumb is the youngest acting nominee this year and one of the youngest ever."

Screenshot-2163_zpsupi0exjv.jpg

No one knew what Kaydence's mother, the vocal legend "Madison Avenue," would come up with on the red carpet, but she was nothing if not an attention grabber, and she certainly turned heads in her shimmering gold gown with the plunging neckline. Now north of forty, the legendary pop star proved that the apple indeed hadn't fallen far from the tree.

Today, she was playing a role she was unfamiliar with: proud mom.

Notably absent from the ceremony was Kaydence's father, Sebastian. He chose not to attend, instead remaining in Sunset Valley with his new wife and two young children.

Screenshot-2174_zpsirgdpkta.jpg

So when Kaydence attended her first award ceremony, she couldn't have done so without her partner-in-crime, Terry. When he first received word that he would be walking beside her, he was ecstatic. The movie buff couldn't believe the position he was in. This somewhat geeky and overweight young man was going to be the accessory on the arm of Simmywood's newest crown princess at one of the biggest award shows of the year. It was an enviable position for any young man, but the fact that he, Terry, was going to be occupying it, was nothing short of a dream come true.
    But when the moment actually arrived, and he faced an audience of celebrities and movie-industry types with Kaydence at his side, Terry froze.

moviereel1_zpslmppkryx.jpg

A montage of Kaydence's scenes as her soap-opera-vixen character, Alexa Barstow, played on the screen as her name was announced as a best supporting actress nominee. In this particular clip, from the second season premiere, Kaydence's character announced her pregnancy to her romantic rival, Lauren, played by Alanna Starr Stanley. The father of Alexa's child was Lauren's boyfriend, Matt, the result of a passionate affair between the town heartthrob and its 'bad girl.'

moviereel2_zpsxzhyilnc.jpg

"There's a reason Matthew's baby is in my stomach," Kaydence-as-Alexa whispered seductively as the camera panned closer to her face, "and that's because he loves me." The soap's bombastic theme music played immediately afterwards.

• Options
    @venusdemilosims Thanks for the link! I miss a lot of CC stuff nowadays as I usually checked "the sims updates" every day, but it's not active anymore! I love Sandy's stuff, it's very good and so detailed! She's moved on with TS4, but I like that she continues making CC for TS3...

Congrats to the nomination! I hope she'll get the award! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    @jillbg Yeah, a lot of creators have stopped making for Sims 3 and have moved on to Sims 4. A lot of the new hair meshes, for example, are conversions of meshes that were originally made for Sims 4. I do like that Sandy's among those who continue to make for Sims 3, as well.
    Thanks on Kaydence's nomination :) It's funny, she's playing a character who is the complete opposite of herself. In real life the best actors are the ones who are able to leave themselves behind and completely assume the personality of someone else. The best actors make you forget they're actors.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top