Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited March 2016
    @dreamerz13 Really sorry to hear about your grandpa. Didn't his wife die a few weeks ago if I'm not mistaken? I have heard of couples dying the same day if they've lived long enough. Just goes to show they were truly soulmates. As for your update, great update, even if the outcome wasn't so great. Sorry to hear Aedan and Cheri are having problems already, the ink isn't even dry on their marriage license. I'm rooting for them to get through this. But then I'm a sucker for happy endings. Sims can sometimes be great during times of stress, certainly better than, well, other things folks can do.

@jillbg I'm back already from my excursion I just need a few days to get my bearings back, it's just been so hectic lately with the weather issues. Yeah, it isn't that the Reaper isn't so frightening, but that these girls just aren't afraid of very much, Reaper or no Reaper, lol. There just isn't much that fazes them. I don't know what they're made of that's different from the rest of the family but... and yeah, in many ways Savannah is a female version of Dr. Jones, she's been an adventurer, and now she teaches at a university.
    It's funny, Sage (Savannah's daughter)'s professor's name was Garrison Fort, which was a pun on Harrison Ford, the actor who played Indiana Jones in the movies. Ironically, Savannah's daughter ends up taking his class. He was the professor who gave Sage all those issues in college, and she had to go to Savannah for help in passing his class, lol. I did not set that up, the game gave me the entire story.

Screenshot-2159_zps63817012.jpg

Garrison Fort (University premade), Savannah's 'colleague' in the history department at Sims U. Sage wrote at the time:

Screenshot-2160_zpsaf9ab0d4.jpg
    It's kind of curious that the only other people taking his course happen to be female. He IS kind of handsome though, lol, underneath those big round glasses. Oh, and every morning he gives us a pop quiz on the previous day's lecture. I'm passing but only because I'm reading the course material and because Mom is a walking history book.

@TadOlson I do like that you do makeovers of your sims every time the seasons change.

@Silverofdreams30 Yeah I haven't opened the game since I got back, I've been resting lol.
    Post edited by venusdemilosims on
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @jillbg -Thanks for the comment.
    @venusdemilosms -Thanks for the comment.Great flashback!Great update!I would take my laptop with me if I was threatened with flooding.I change their outfits for the weather so they don't end up dressed too warmly for the season.
    @dreamerz13 -Great update!I hate it when the game tried to push couples to cheat on each other or break up.I remember when my grandpa died and I had to miss school because of it.I didn't stay out long enough though which was a mistake.
    @InfraGreen -I've been just as eager to get stories updated as others were to read new updates.
    Gibsons-Spring-1867.
    Cody and Tad Olson were both up so early on that spring morning that it was still dark out as they were getting ready for the day.
    25335866631_3ba34175e5.jpg
    They got breakfast eaten and did the daily chores before getting into studying and doing homework.
    25402658476_13a9487ddf.jpg
    They were done with studies as the letter carrier dropped off the mail.
    25061215389_c57ca77ed0.jpg
    They both decided to go back to studying skills again for a while until Cody had to get ready for work.
    25133190450_726dcbb732.jpg
    Tad got dressed up in a costume and ended up grabbing the last of the leftover salad though it was spoiled and Cody made some more salad for her dinner before leaving for work.
    24798190004_4e4aee2075.jpg
    Tad played that she was ruling over Royal Court while Cody was at work.
    24798174844_c21e394f93.jpg
    It was 7:30 when Tad went to bed and COdy got home from work and got herself into bed.
    25310405082_ac483127b4.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    edited March 2016
    @venusdemilosims Great updates so far sorry about the bad weather hope it has passed by now .
    Here we just have tons of snow.

@TadOlson Great update
  • Options
    @dreamerz13 Im sorry about your grandpa, mine died before I was born so never met him hugs.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Hi guys been very busy this side, downloaded a bunch more CC and am trying to set something up, so it's going to take some time to get together.

@jillbg As a teacher you might appreciate this next Savannah tale from the front lines. I too come from a family where just about everyone was involved in some form with the school system. My mother was the receptionist, my father drove the school bus, relatives on both sides taught. They weren't involved at the university level as Savannah is, but still.

@Silverofdreams30 Where I live it's very warm, even in the winter. Lol We sometimes wish for snow.

@TadOlson Little Tad's just pretend costumes are so cute.

Screenshot-2654_zpsouoz3okx.jpg

Despite Savannah's firm hand, she's one of the most beloved professors on campus.

Screenshot-2973_zps5ahoifmu.jpg

The semester before she took her leave of absence because of Sierra's issues, one of her fine arts survey students, who had hardly spoken a word the entire time, asked her advice.

Screenshot-2971_zps8tlvydxg.jpg

Lizzy (real name Elizabeth Agnes, but nobody called her that) Stone (loosely based on an Effy Stonem sim I downloaded), a fine arts major, had been in a tumultuous relationship with another student, a fellow fine arts major named Jay Whitney. She'd found out that he'd been seeing her best friend behind her back, and she'd caught the two of them together.

Screenshot-2972_zpskv2bozpy.jpg

A quiet student who sat in the back of the class, Lizzy had average marks and her work was mostly unremarkable. "What should I do, Mrs. J-P?" Lizzy asked plaintively.
    Savannah answered honestly that matters of the heart weren't her purview, but she told Lizzy a story about another woefully mismatched pair - her own paternal grandparents, Jamie Jolina and Nigel Plumb, a couple who were so mismatched they only had a one night stand and their descendants forevermore had a hyphenated last name.
    "Did they have anything in common?" Lizzy asked, curiously.
    "They did work at the hospital, Sacred Spleen, where they met," Savannah said. "He was an orderly while she was a trauma surgeon. My grandfather, he came over here with nothing but the clothes on his back. He started his farm and did the hospital work to supplement his farm."

Screenshot-2977_zpsmlvbkvhn.jpg

Then Lizzy had another surprising request. She wanted to draw her favorite teacher. Slightly amused by the request, Savannah obliged, posing for Lizzy's drawing pad.

Screenshot-2978_zps1m6dcblu.jpg

"Turn around," Lizzy asked. Savannah, chuckling to herself, nevertheless complied.

Screenshot-2981_zpsjfnojfgg.jpg

"How do you like it?" Lizzy smiled when she'd finished.
    "It's, um, an interesting likeness," Savannah replied politely. "You did a good job of capturing the detail on my cheekbones."
    "I wanted to do something special," Lizzy said, "because you're the first teacher who made me excited to learn about art."

• Options
    @venusdemilosims I could wish for snow melting atm, we had such a storm last night super windy. I played sims yesterday but did not take any
    screens.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @venusdemilosims Great update! :) I really like how the student asked Savannah for advice and how Savannah helped her telling a story about her family! It's difficult to give advice, sometimes it can bring down more problems... So she did the right thing, doing an allegory of sorts, and letting Lizzie draw her own conclusions. Her drawing was very good - I haven't seen it ingame? Looks like the actress playing the scheriff in the Vampire Diaries!
    th?&id=OIP.M6704a0d1a99ba0c08698d6769016d653o1&w=165&h=162&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

Sometimes I feel like the school psychologist, students often seek my advice, and it's difficult to say the right thing. But I usually do as Savannah -tell them something from my own teenage years, or my own family. I like to be close to my students, while keeping a distance of course. But I guess they can sense that I like them and I that try to treat them fairly. That's also why I've never had trouble with parents. It's funny, but I got more Valentine cards than my daughter (didn't tell her though)...

@InfraGreen Exciting update! :o Love how she handles her sword so casually, and her friend took it rather well, having supernatural warriors and blood all over her floor... :s Would you mind sharing the letter CC? :) I've been looking all over for folded papers like that, and the only one I found carried a trojan, so...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    @jillbg In this day and age teachers have to do more than just teach, and in my opinion they are truly unsung heroes. I guess that's one of the reasons I didn't do it - I lack the patience! Lol
    When my mom was working as the school receptionist she was often the first person students went to with problems, before their parents, their teachers, or the principal, and I was privy to some doozies over the years.
    The fact that Savannah became a teacher was sort of the natural progression of her life experience as someone who's seen and done it all, and the type of teacher she's become isn't surprising, either, given that she was a bit of a rebel, so she would be an unconventional teacher who would probably relate more to her students than say, a more conventional teacher who relies more on facts and figures and textbooks. By day she lectured in her classes and by night there were gatherings in her rental home where she and her students told stories and listened to her play guitar. This would be one of those memorable teachers the students tell their own children about.
    She saw an opportunity to not just impact her own children but also countless others with her life story and life experiences.
    Lol about getting more V-day cards than your daughter! I was about the same, my mother was more well liked than I was, I was definitely more reserved, actually. She was definitely more outgoing.

Of course, Savannah's experience dealing with troubled students was nothing compared to the turmoil she had to deal with at home...

Screenshot-3172.jpg

The reason Savannah eventually had to take a leave of absence from the university was because of her third-born daughter, Sierra. Savannah has admitted that of all her children, Sierra resembles her the most - and not just physically.

Screenshot-2089.jpg

When Sierra was twelve years old, she was abducted by aliens. It's an event that the family still has not come to terms with.

Screenshot-3475.jpg

Now, Sierra had just started at the university herself, after a troubled adolescence which led to her being sent away to Fort Starch Military Academy, and her issues continued.

Screenshot-3511.jpg

She was caught sleeping in public places...

Screenshot-3567.jpg

...then, she was arrested for defacing public property.

savannahsagephone.jpg

Sierra's breakdown was especially difficult for her older sister, Sage, to watch. She called Savannah almost daily with reports.

Screenshot-3593.jpg

Savannah and Andy met with John Simlius, the dean of students at Sims University, to discuss both Sierra's situation and Savannah's leave of absence. Savannah's decision to leave the university was painful. She loved teaching and loved being around her students - but she loved Sierra even more.

Screenshot-3586.jpg

She and Andy were one hundred percent together on getting Sierra treatment, even if it was the toughest decision they'd made up to that point.

Screenshot-3715.jpg

Her graduate assistant, Connie Cronk, took over teaching her classes while she was on administrative leave.

Screenshot-1722.jpg

The family's intervention with Sierra seems to have worked - to a point. She hasn't had any major psychological flareups since then, graduating at the top of her university class,

Screenshot-2392.jpg

and becoming the star of Sunset Valley's professional sports team.

Screenshot-1664.jpg

Even so, she still plopped her sleeping bag wherever and whenever she felt like it.

Screenshot-3532.jpg

But a new, unexpected wrinkle arose for the family in their attempt to get Sierra in line - the arrival of Kaydence, the daughter of Savannah's younger brother, Sebastian.

Screenshot-3031.jpg

Though Kaydence was barely into her teens, she matched Sierra for intellectual curiosity, and the pair bonded.

Screenshot-3087_zpscun9ytjr.jpg

Savannah is desperate for her third-born child, Sierra, to clean up her act as she did. But that proposition, ironically, just got harder.

• Options
    @venusdemilosims I can relate to that in a certain matter - my kids aren't rebelling like Sierra, but I've learned as a mom, you can just guide them, not much more... :) So Sierra was abducted too, I've missed that somehow! :o
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    @jillbg Yep, Sierra was abducted, when the family was living in Moonlight Falls. Savannah was curator for the Museum of Antiquity at the time. But it took Sierra years to tell her mother that it had happened. She didn't tell her until she was getting ready to go to college.

Screenshot-2947.jpg
    "Mom?"
    "Yes, honey?"
    "Mom, remember that night --"
    "What night?"
    "The night after we moved to Moonlight Falls, after you took that job as a curator there for their museum. Most everybody had gone to bed, including you."
    Sierra hadn't said 5 words to me since her coming out a few weeks back, so this was coming as a surprise to me.
    "Mom, I was abducted by aliens."
    I looked up from my book. "Sierra, what? Abducted -- what? Are you serious?"
    Sierra said nothing as she looked at me. Then she recalled that night for me, in such vivid detail, you'd have thought the event had happened yesterday.

Screenshot-3931.jpg

Sierra's psychotic episode led to her spending two weeks at Rudolph Vanderburg Hospital in Hidden Springs, widely regarded as the top facility in all of Simland.

Screenshot-94.jpg

While she was there, her parents met frequently with her and her therapist.

Screenshot-3927.jpg

But Savannah and Sierra had a scary confrontation at the hospital that changed the entire dynamic of their relationship, and might have changed it forever.
    When she gets angry, when her temper flares, it is a scary sight. Her nostrils tensed up and her eyes got bigger than they already are. The table we were sitting at wound up on the floor.
    "Dad raised us, mom, not you! You weren't even there! You thrust all of us on him while you did whatever the hell you wanted!"
    "Sierra, that's not true."
    "Yes it is, mom! You think I didn't know when you snuck in the house at three in the morning? Of course I knew. I was often the only person up, everyone else was sleeping, even Max our butler tried to sleep. You know who changed our diapers? Cooked us dinner? Read us bedtime stories? Taught us how to walk and talk? Signed our report cards? Dad did, not you. And now you want to take the credit."
    "That's not true."
    "Yes, it is! It's all true! Remember the mother-daughter breakfast at school? You promised me you would come, but at the last minute your agent called and sent you to do a book signing."
    I sighed. "I'm sorry, Sierra. I'm sorry for missing the breakfast. I didn't know it was that important to you. Had I known I would have told my agent to wait until after the breakfast was over."
    "You missed everything, mom! You missed my softball games, my scouts awards ceremony, my swim team tryouts. So I said, you know what? If you did whatever you pleased, why can't I?"
    "This is what you do, Sierra, every time we try to have a conversation, you blame all of your problems on me."
    "You are my mother! And you were not there!"

Screenshot-331.jpg

Some might have said two weeks wasn't long enough, but Sierra voluntarily left the facility after that amount of time. She was to continue counseling and elixir therapy.

Screenshot-5367_zps9dv6dvjc.jpg

But Sierra is probably never going to completely straighten up like Savannah wants her to. She isn't the most compliant patient to begin with. She had her very first kiss with a plumbot - in a tomb - in China.

Screenshot-5749_zpslymdh7qa.jpg

Once, when Sage visited her, she found Sierra building an igloo wearing nothing but her practice clothes, while it was snowing outside.

Screenshot-5348_zpssmuypndx.jpg

However, Sierra does seem to have inherited her mother's restlessness and adventurous spirit. Her first trip abroad was to Shang Simla, China.

Screenshot-5343_zps8vhpyqgo.jpg

While there she found and analyzed a huge space rock. And who did she tell about her discovery? Of course, she told Kaydence.

Screenshot-311_zpscc6izhyg.jpg

Even though Savannah wants Sierra to clean up her act like she did, there is the small matter of Kaydence, and at this point, it's the blind leading the blind...

• Options
    @venusdemilosims I recall the space rock episode! :) And I really hope Kaydence can help Sierra somehow. She might have a soothing calming effect on her cousin! :)
    Awful to be neglected by her mom, but it's what often happens in celebrity families, and even "normal" ones, where the adults go about their business that is so much "more important" than spending time with their kids... :(
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    @jillbg Yep Sierra felt like she got shafted, and even more so as the 'middle' child. She had two older sibs, AJ and Sage, and two younger sibs, Skylar and Sawyer. So yeah, she felt like she got the short end of the stick. She said as much to her therapist. Not only does that tend to happen in celebrity and 'normal' families, it also tends to happen in large families. Somebody feels like they didn't get enough attention. Andy and Savannah had 7 kids, including 2 adopted from Egypt. Obviously when there's a family that big someone is going to feel shafted.
    Sierra had come out as a lesbian the night of her senior prom, days before she admitted she'd been abducted. She came back from the prom with a red heart next to a girl's picture. Andy and Savannah were okay with her being gay - they were appalled with the rest of her behavior. Sierra, as you can see, is in a great deal of pain. Some of that was alleviated when she came out without much struggle. She did, however, graduate with her degree in physical education with a perfect average, making the dean's list every semester. Obviously Sierra is very, very bright.
    Savannah has spent most of her adult life attempting to run away from her wild past, but it comes back to her, in the form of Sierra.
    As for Kaydence, she's almost a decade younger than Sierra, younger than all but one of Sierra's siblings. Usually that kind of age gap doesn't work but in this case it does.

Screenshot-452.jpg

Screenshot-640.jpg

Actually, growing up, Sierra and Savannah were pretty close. Mostly because, as we know, they're a lot alike. I also think she's the only one of the kids who took an interest in hearing Savannah's ghost hunting stories. Then, of course, came those horrific teen years.

Screenshot-2298_zpsh87ljkzo.jpg

When the limousine pulled up near the administration building, what had been rumored around the university for weeks had finally come to pass. Recent Vaughan Prize winner Savannah Jolina-Plumb had returned to her teaching position.

Screenshot-4672_zpsnudd40rc.jpg

And she was a star, indeed. The last time she was here, there were waiting lists for her classes, and even members of the press sat in on her lectures. Even though she was not technically in show business as an actor, singer, acrobat, or magician, she was a huge celebrity because of her career as an adventurer and ghost hunter, and the best-selling books she wrote about her experiences. In addition, she hailed from a prominent family and was the daughter of two hit movie composers.

Screenshot-2289_zpswcffzy2e.jpg

But all Savannah really wanted - was peace and quiet so she could write another best seller. Science fiction, apparently, that's what she rolled the want to do. Maybe she could call up her niece for ideas, lol.

No one ever accused Savannah Jolina-Plumb of resting on her laurels. The word wasn't even in her vocabulary.

Screenshot-2299_zpshqui45wj.jpg

(I jazzed up her classroom a little bit, there's a cheat you use at university, enablelotlocking)

Screenshot-2303_zpsvajwg77m.jpg

This semester she was at SIT (Sims Institute of Technology), teaching wannabe ghost hunters and other paranormal scientists some of the tricks of the trade. Yes that thing on the end is actually a spirit she caught in the wild.

Screenshot-2304_zpsrxxna4uf.jpg

Lizzie Dahlberg from Kaydence's presentation in Aurora Skies enrolled in Savannah's course this semester. Lizzie, remember, had completely transformed herself from an overweight teen to a much more confident individual during the course of her time at college. Even her old classmate, Savannah's daughter Sierra, failed to recognize her.

Screenshot-2306_zpsvrd8rd1l.jpg

Lizzie was very interested in what Savannah had to say. Even though the idea of going out in the field and catching ghosts scared her half to death, researching the component parts of ectoplasm didn't sound so bad.

Screenshot-2309_zps0ribwwt8.jpg

Savannah was surprised that the students who showed up to her lecture were all female, and was actually heartened by the number of young women who showed an interest in paranormal science. She answered the question of one ginger-haired girl in pink, who gave her memories of her Aunt Maggie.

Screenshot-2288_zps3sxts2ap.jpg

After her lecture, she had dinner with one of her colleagues, Dr. David B. Schwartz. They met at the campus pizza place. She didn't usually eat carbs but she was famished and didn't feel like cooking.

Screenshot-2291_zpsz7ylv6at.jpg

"So, you're Dr. Schwartz from the science department?" Savannah asked.
    Dr. Schwartz nodded.
    "What's your concentration?"
    "Life sciences and medicine," Dr. Schwartz answered in a low monotone.
    Savannah realized this man had been her daughter Satis' dean. She left the university after she got pregnant with her son, Ramses.
    "My daughter was premed," Savannah said, "she now works at the hospital."

Screenshot-2292_zpscwen6qqv.jpg

"I read a book my daughter Katelyn had, The Lost Dragon Egg, I think Savannah Jolina-Plumb wrote it. Katelyn's a big fan of hers," Dr. Schwartz mused, not realizing that Savannah was sitting across from him. "Think it won Book of the Year. I think Paige Turner's book was better, but hers was pretty good."
    "Yeah, well, Turner's book was awesome, I admit," Savannah said of her competitor.
    After she finished her dinner, she bid her coworker goodbye and promised she would chat some more.

Screenshot-2294_zpscgp0hh5i.jpg

After Savannah left, Dr. Schwartz finally realized who his dinner partner had been. Oh my goodness, the mild-mannered science professor thought, I just had dinner with Savannah Jolina-Plumb.

Bonus

ghost%20hunter_zpszhljuooj.jpg

If it isn't any clearer that Kaydence has chosen to pattern her life after Savannah, then this should do the trick. Yep she spun a want to become a ghost hunter like her dear old auntie was. She saw the mess her parents made of their lives despite their success in their entertainment careers.

BTW Sierra spun the same want, too, right after leaving college.

• Options
    Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    Hiya guys. :D Sorry, I've been a flake. :D I've got not excuse. :D Hopefully you're not all like 'nope, you can't go responding now, Zabeth, time's up!' ;) (Pencils' down!)

@jillbg: Thanks. :D

@Silver: Thanks. :D

@Venus: Thanks. :D Yeah, I know, Rafael's also a workaholic with the little red stapler moodlet lol. :D (Dante: "No, man, I know what you're thinking, it's not that thick Russian coffee that you can stand a fork up in...he's just like that when he comes in. And he texts and sends in plans from his laptop when he's at home too, this guy does not believe in 'off work.' But best not to test him, man, he's got a plan for everything.) And Kaydence is Good, right? I think I remember that she's got the good trait. :D That dress looks lovely on her. :D How exciting for her to be the youngest nominee. :D Madison looks rather striking...I can't say the neckline surprises me, but that's a great hairstyle for her, and I certainly hope she enjoys her proud mother role and doesn't feel too awkward. :D Congratulations to Kadyence for winning and that was a good use of her platform, I think. :D

Ah, poor Terry, though he seems to be holding up well under the scrutiny! :D (Mystery Man: "Ho, Terry Ho. I'll have my articles shaken, not stirred. Make them dry.") ;) Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

Ah, at last, his parents cooperated so you could show them to us! :D Wow, his mom wants to be an alchemist artisan. :D That's promising for the more eccentric life. (Tricia: "If you don't turn that frown upside down, young man, I have a bliss elixir with your name on it." Jeffery: *Can only be caught in his scuba suit or sleeping...eats too fast for humming birds to notice it!* ;) Terry really does seem like he'll fit into the Jolina-Plumb family very well. :D Lol- yeah, I can understand revising plans when someone that cool comes along. :D

Lol, it rather does seem like something Sierra would do. :D

I can understand why Savannah would connect with Alys like that, and feel inclined to let her story come to light so long after her death...perhaps other scholars will have their curiosity whetted and find evidence for what really happened (supposing Savannah hadn't already found out and spelled it out in the book). :D (Though a magical accident is a possibility it seems like some advisers might have thought they could do better- in which case, I hope they went down with the country they ruined lol- it's odd they couldn't get any answers ...yet she returned as a ghost. :D) I like how you integrated Sims Medieval with the ghost hunter assignment like that. ;)

It's nice to see Sierra share a moment of appreciation with Kaydence, and not being an emotional person, that might as well been a heartfelt hug...you know, figuratively. :D That was a cool setting for it too, with the drink cups and the paper on the floor like that. :D Lol, oh, that's totally them, they totally just knocked on death's door and tested the Grim Reaper's responses with a rubber ducky lol. (And you know Grimmy is totally jamming with Nathan when he gets the chance. ;) )

Well that's not fun but I'm glad you're safe!

It's cool to see Savannah inspiring her students, even the ones that seem pretty average to try to do better. :D It's a cool drawing. :D Lol @ "It's, um, an interesting likeness," that's very diplomatic of her! :D

I like your jazzed up classroom for her, that's very cool. :D (Even bringing a spirit to show the class, wow!) (Savannah: Actually, that's Alys and I'm showing her the university, but the equipment will be instructive for the students...)

Lol @ her coworker Dr. Swartz not realizing who he was talking to until she'd left lol. :D At least with the way he said it, she can probably tell he didn't realize that she was her lol. :D

@TadOlson: I like Ami's new hairstyle! :D Looks like they are both getting longer hair. :D

Yeah, the kids costumes are cute. :D But it's a shame the game doesn't let us CAS them (the royal court one drives me crazy) lol. :D

@Dreamerz: Ouch. I feel for you with your grandfather; yeah, when they start talking about making people comfortable...and urging people to move up family visits...that's not a good sign. I hope sims is helpful healthy escapism for you. (It's usually helpful for me in that capacity, as long as the game doesn't try to mirror real life too closely...coincidentally. Of course, that's one of the reasons I like to play a game so full of supernatural stuff and time travel stuff and that sort of thing, I don't want anything to resemble real life too much!) Wow, your game got crazy bad so fast. They need a maid!

So, the argument they always have is: Aeden: "You suck at cooking and you can't clean! There are dirty dishes everywhere! I thought I was getting a free maid out of this marriage thing!" Cheri: "Hey, I cooked breakfast and you didn't eat it! I left the evidence on the counter, for you, oh aspiring detective, since clearly talking to me is too much work! Why the heck should I bother with dinner? It's not like you're going to be home to eat it, anyway! Not when you randomly work overtime and I don't even know if you're going to be home! Why can't you ever ask me before you unilaterally decide to work longer? Why do you always take it? Why can't you bother to spend any time with me? You know, you're wife! I didn't get married so I could spend all my time alone!" That sort of argument? Well, I certainly hope their families can talk some sense into them. The work-life balance is a common issue.

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 -Thanks for the comment.
    @venusdemilosims -That's what children wear when they play pretend games.Great update!
    @Zabeth0 -Thanks for the comment.They're starting to get ready for a family.
    Gibsons-Spring-1867.
    Tad and Cody Olson were both up early that morning and ready for the day before getting on with the daily chores.
    24802018843_c49b09be86.jpg
    They also spent most of the morning studying because it was pouring rain outside.
    25402570506_e518b1209b.jpg
    Tad ended up eating dinner while Cody was at work.
    25335746421_637533d495.jpg
    They talked together a bit after Cody got off work.
    25428693515_48f16737bf.jpg
    It was already 8PM and they had to get ready for bed.
    25061112959_ea41832027.jpg
    24798106844_d0ec8f723e.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    I had to do a clean game of my games,
    as I had installed some cc that made the game crash thanksfully got it sorted now .

@venusdemilosims Great updates

@TadOlson Greatu pdate

@Zabeth0 Nice to seey ou on, im currently on a little break from posting screens need to find a fmaily I want to stick with for sure,
    atm I have been switching aroudn so much haha.

• Options
    @Zabeth0 Welcome back! :)

@venusdemilosims Awesome update! I love the look on the professor's face when realization hit him! :D And you had a good idea to remake the classroom, adding "Savannah" connected things! :) So are you letting Kaydence enroll as a ghosthunter? Or will she stay in showbusiness?

@TadOlson Great update! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Lol wow... guess I've got to get cracking now...been having issues with Error 12 grrr... it's something I haven't seen in awhile and I need to figure out why it's happening...I suspect one of my saves has corrupted.

@TadOlson When it rains sometimes kids can't really go outside and play although my sim kids don't really seem to mind. Nice update.

@jillbg Yep that's why I decided to add it to the end, he was genuinely shocked to find out just who his dinner partner had been. I guess once she reaches level 10 in show business... maybe who knows. I don't think she'd be the type to do just one career.

@Zabeth0 Welcome back! Sometimes we 'do' need a break every now and again.
    Yep Kaydence, like Rafael, is a workaholic, complete with the red stapler moodlet. She does not believe in a 'day off.' She is the type who 'brings her work home.' And that could well be a problem with Terry. And this is the daughter of two party animals.
    Kaydence doesn't officially 'have' the good trait but some things she does and rolls wants to do make you believe she does, since her dad has it and her grandpa had it and her great-grandpa Nigel had it, too. Either way what she does have is that streak of idealism, which is where the whole utopia thing comes from, I think. I also think Sebastian's Good trait is the reason Madison took advantage of him as horribly as she did.
    Yeah, the mom thing for Madison is a bit of a change for her, since she is used to being a 'party girl' but now that she is over forty and has a teenage daughter, she kind of has to change her style a bit. Though it's clear she's still got the body and the looks to compete with the 'young girls,' lol. Let's face it, Kaydence's mother is very, very beautiful. Would you expect anything less from a superstar actor in his prime? Basically, they want eye candy at that point, and Madison was clearly that.
    I think one of the reasons Sebastian chose not to attend the award ceremony was because he didn't want to take any spotlight from Kaydence.
    Lol @ Terry being interviewed by the press. He's going to be seeing a lot more than that especially if he's going to have Kaydence on his arm. He realizes, though, the position he's in, and how unlikely it is, on the surface, that he's there. But after all, he almost dated the other Jolina-Plumb girl, and would have ended up a pop star groupie... so either way he was screwed... Though I'm not sure, if Kaydence does marry Terry, if she's going to take his last name...
    That's why I posted it, because it does look like Sierra's schedule and not Kaydence's, lol. It's not a stretch that Sierra had a hand in doing Kaydence's class schedule, after all, she did graduate from college before Kaydence even went, so she would have had some of the same professors and might have suggested some classes for her to take.
    I actually wrote that part of the story years ago, but only now decided to share it. Sims Medieval does not work on my Windows 10 laptop and I've now lost the second disk :( I still have it installed on my desktop though.
    Those University classrooms are super boring and once you've seen them for a couple generations, it's time to change it up a bit. Lol I've kept most of the spirits Savannah caught as a ghost hunter in her inventory. There's no way students can go to sleep in that class, lol.
    Sierra actually rolled a want to do a stimulus response test on the Grim Reaper. That should tell you something.
    I wasn't entirely sure what department ghost hunting would fall under, science and medicine or technology.

I'm now having to switch to Imgur because I've now filled 2 Photobucket accounts. The first one took about 7 years to fill, the second has taken less than a year.

Screenshot-296_zpsbd7q0bnv.jpg

Sierra and Kaydence weren't done with their romp in the cemetery, either. Nathan's granddaughters had had their own audience with the Reaper.

Screenshot-299_zpswgor0n20.jpg

While Sierra gave him an ink blot test...

Screenshot-301_zpsk2ut7ce0.jpg

...Kaydence recorded the whole thing to put on her blog.

Screenshot-294_zpsuno54ivn.jpg

They found out that AJ and Alexandra weren't on his list ... so they had to be alive. Somewhere.

Screenshot-303_zpswlayiqnd.jpg

Just then, Sierra asked Kaydence to play football. Kaydence obliged.

Screenshot-305_zpsnzo5h772.jpg

Sierra, the daughter of a former pro athlete, showed her athlete's form in throwing the football.

Screenshot-306_zpsx6fxqwkn.jpg

"Showoff!" Kaydence teased as she had her arms ready to catch. By then, they could see the sun rise behind them.

Screenshot-304_zps6grzvdu0.jpg

"Now how am I supposed to throw this?" Kaydence wondered.

Screenshot-308_zpswtzehogc.jpg

"You'll get it," Sierra reassured. "I'm going to have to do some serious work on you."

Bonus

FLgOcrJ.jpg

IY9Ag7i.jpg

Btw... I temporarily aged Kaydence up to YA... and it's clear she's not a size 2... and she's inherited Madison's, well, assets. Guess she's eaten a few too many peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, lol. I think it's awesome that she's 'plus sized.' Her cousins, the daughters of athletes, are predictably thin and toned. Skylar in particular has a dancer's body.

• Options
    I have made a little spin-off to The Grey Witches, retracing the history of their ancestor. I've finished the Introduction, and the first chapter will be up tomorrow!

The Beginning of the Grey Witches takes place somewhere during the Middle Ages, sometime after the Black Death has ravaged Europe, in a country that since has ceased to exist…

Our heroine, Valinor, is an orphan brought up by an old crone with healing and magic abilities. She has to take care of herself early, as her mentor dies when Valinor is only 10. Getting by alone, first as child then as a young woman, was extremely difficult back then, when science and healing was magic and magic was heresy…

Women were brought up under their father’s responsibility, then were handed over to their husbands from age 12. They were totally dominated by the male members of their family, who had the right to beat any disobedient girl into submission and defiance was seen as a crime against the all mighty Church who kept the population in check. Marriages were arranged, money and land were more important than love. A woman was expected to instantly obey. But why ask questions? This was the way it always had been…
    f0e20233-1585-4fd1-9239-4ff1ced12e79_zpsrzgzowyi.jpg
    This is where we find Valinor at age 16. A young woman, extremely beautiful, but also respected and feared for her trade as midwife and physician. She uses her knowledge to heal, but can’t keep away from doing magic – selling her potions to the villagers and soldiers at the castle…
    055ea840-65d2-4cbc-ab18-923183588c21_zpsjzxgmb3g.jpg
    Sire Bran Winterwolf is the Captain of the King’s guard. The model of medieval chivalry, a brilliant horseman and skilled strategist, he excells at all kinds of jousts and tournaments. The ladies swoon over him since he was only a squire, and now he’s a full-fledged Knight, he’s supposed to wed a noble woman. But who?
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    @venusdemilosims Great to see Kaydence and Sierra again. Good to know AJ and his wife aaren't on the Reaper's list. Now they just have to find them... :) Kaydence looks cute aged up! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    @Jillbg Loving your new idea for a story, Bran and Valinor are lovely sims and sound like interesting characters. Once you've seen those uni classrooms for a couple generations they get boring, so I decided to 'Savannah-fy' hers. On the surface Sierra and Kaydence seem like a complete mismatch but it works...

• Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    My grandpa did pass away the other day. So the last few days have been crazy. Got some simming in last night though, and a bit more today. It took me a bit too long to remember that Jena exists, so I kept getting fed up with my game (just my other saves not being something I had the mind to focus on). I'll blame it on the fact that my mind isn't all there at the moment, not that I'm just dumb. But that's who I'm hanging with right now.

I don't really remember much about what was going on last I played her though. According to the save date it's been like 2 months since I've played her O.o so yeah. I know she and Brandt had just gotten married because they were still at city hall.

See look, the beautiful bride and the... groom...
    Screenshot-364.jpg
    uh... you okay Brandt?

Uh... that's kind of a sinister smile, Brandt. Please don't kill your new wife. :/ Because if you kill Jena... oh boy you better watch out. Unless it's me you want to kill. I'd say sure, go ahead, but I don't think now's a good time. Give it a couple months okay?
    Screenshot-371.jpg
    (I do like his new skin though.)
    (things only simmers can say O.o)

I know she's expecting a baby because well it's obvious (sorry, Jena!) and well... she's Jena. I've really gotta turn certain mods off for her but I kinda wanna see what happens if I don't XD.

Other than that *shrugs* I dunno. So let's just have some birthdays XD (the solution to everything. Well, cake is the solution to everything, but they have that at birthdays).

Noah
    Screenshot-374.jpg
    :/ He's not cute. I think he's going to end up like that deadbeat dad of his too. He's got the couch potato trait so I see him not getting a job or anything.

Austin
    Screenshot-377.jpg
    One second you're peeing all alone the next you're having a birthday and everybody is gathering around you in the bathroom. Oh to be a sim. I get why he looks grumpy though.

and Monkey (natalie). Maybe it's time to start calling her giraffe :/.
    Screenshot-379.jpg

But of course I fixed her. She's a cute enough child, not the cutest child but cute enough... at least she's not as ugly as she was as a toddler. Sorry giraffe-monkey, but you were an ugly toddler.
    Screenshot-380.jpg

And Austin decided to argue with his mom over nothing, literally nothing. Just went up and yelled at her. Teenagers, yeesh. The boys might both be trouble. Ugh.
    Screenshot-383.jpg
    (I also don't advise arguing with a pregnant woman, but you know if you *want* to die I guess go for it. Thankfully she let him live)

Later he started cheering like it was somebody's birthday and I'm like "What the heck is wrong with you dude? you missed the birthdays." 🐸🐸🐸🐸 fluffs dolls, Fluffs 2 is having its birthday. >.<
    Screenshot-387.jpg

Ugh, gross. We gonna fix that later. Preferably with fire, but I don't think that works :s
    Screenshot-388.jpg

He's very animated, yelling at the TV, this Fluffs 2 is. I actually think this one's harmless, he's too out of it to know how to harm anyone.
    Screenshot-389.jpg

And Jena had the baby, a girl! Sara :mrgreen:
    Screenshot-392.jpg
    (and she's so happy about it XD)

Sara as a toddler because babies are boring.
    Screenshot-397.jpg
    She's so cute! Thank god, I was worried she'd be an ugly toddler, like her sister or oldest brother.

And I should be looking at getting some sleep soon, so that's all for today. I'll hopefully swing by tomorrow night, if I have energy lol, for comments and whatever. I'd like to bring an update on Evie too, I really want to work on that right now, I found some cool stuff for the one after it so I need to get it out of the way, but I don't think I'm going to manage. I have to be up in 6 hours because I have a day trip tomorrow (probably). So we'll see I guess. I hope for at least being able to do comments though.
  • Options
    Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    @TadOlson: Looks like they had a rainy day inside. Some spring days are just like that. :D

@Silver: Thank you. :D Understandable. :D

@jillbg: Thanks. :D Valinor is lovely, you can definitely see that dark Gray witches hair lol. :D I love her freckles. :D Hmm, sounds promising. :D

@Venus: Thanks. :D Oh, I apologize- I thought it was one of her traits, I must have gotten confused with her dad. ;) But it does seem to reflect, and sometimes in my games my sims don't have a trait, but they still roll wants and act sort of like they have it even though they don't. :D Also, since you can't give them as many traits as real people have...lol :D Sometimes people in stories are close to having a particular trait without having it...you could definitely make the case that Rafael should be family oriented, with how I write him but he's an artistic, unlucky evil genius, and that left me with one trait to summarize his whole obsessive pride in his work thing (and he was definitely picking work over starting a family so)...and I was torn between perfectionist, ambitious and workaholic...and then I thought about how he worked-thinking about work all the time, coming in sick, all that...and workaholic won. :D Kaydence Ho might be a lot easier to sign! :D (And it kind of fits the whole having an alter ego thing, she might like the distance of using Terry's name.) :D Or Sierra could have hacked the computer to make sure Kaydence avoided certain teachers or had a sports class lol. :D Aw. Well, at least you could play it at the desktop. :D Lol yeah, my guess is Science! :D (Since technology is used for other science and medical pursuits and usually medicine is concentrated on making people better...and they aren't really fixing the ghosts...just studying them, right? Though there is that one experiment that brings ghosts back to life...but that was an opportunity through the science center, so, I'm thinking science!)

lol @ Kaydence recording the inkblot test to put on her blog. (Kaydence: "Don't you dare throw my rubber ducky at the Grim Reaper...oh...oh, okay, as long as those slides aren't getting thrown...and they aren't my personal bath things... go ahead, check him out for psychological damage from collecting the souls of the deceased, that's got to be a hard job! Oh this is totally going on my blog!")

Lol @ Kaydence's look at the football (Kaydence: "Where is the on switch on this thing?" Sierra: "What? What was that? Sierra, I need you to hack into my college coarse load and add a sports class so I recognize a football? Okay, Kaydence, but just because we're such good friends!") Kaydence makes a lovely adult. :D

@Dreamerz: Wow, Brandt, you sure got scary fast! (Brandt: "What, doesn't everyone change skins when they get married? Out with the old, on with the new...And this smile...this is just...jubilation! At being married. You will totally catch me admiring my ring soon, this is normal. Totally normal. Like the pure darkness under my skin, completely normal! Mhuhahahahahah HAHAHAHA! Oh, no, that was totally coughing. Allergies.. you know.") Lol @ "things only simmers can say O.o" Wow, Noah did not get the genetics lottery, that's for sure...I was hoping he would grown into his face but wow, that's a long face...and couch potato...poor kid. (Noah: I guess I'm just going to have to be a video game developer... I can do that without having to get up too much, right?) Lol @ Austin's Bathroom Birthday. Austin got the looks...but apparently not the personality if he thinks he can just start yelling at his mom like that! Oh my word, Fluffs 2 is gorgeous! (Fluffs 2: "Well, I am imaginary. If I can't look this good, who can?" Welcome baby Sara! Wow, she's pretty. :D (She does look better as a toddler than any of her siblings did. :D )
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    @Zabeth0 I hope you'll like it, because it's already published about a half hour ago! Served on a silver platter! Or a large slice of bread - as we're in the middle ages...:o

@dreamerz13 Feeling so sorry for you losing your granddad, it's hard to focus when you're grieving...
    Fun to see how the kids age up, and yeah, I like that new skin too! :)

The Grey Witches Medieval - The Beginning Part I - Chapter I

Content Warning: This Chapter contains scenes bringing forward outdated religious opinions, sexual innuendo and general craziness that might offend.

The Grey Witches are back with a medieval series, retracing the adventures of their ancestor Valinor, the Sorceress. The middle-ages were times of war, plague and courtly love but also of widespread misogyny… We will follow the struggle of a young woman against the church and society, towards everlasting love.

TGM01-09_zpsfthjfhfs.jpg

TGM01-21_zpsxqhykshp.jpg

TGM01-62_zpsxi8rtrnp.jpg

TGM01-50a_zpsik7qxtjd.jpg

TGM01-77%20BranampValinor1_zpsuljqzux5.jpg
    Post edited by jillbg on
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    @jillbg I like that idea great one.

@venusdemilosims I like your updates,
    nice to see what happens to all of the different sims.

I sorted my sims trouble and here is a little scenery pic as Im happy that the game is back to normal.

[img][/img]Screenshot-2_zpsmu05btyi.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot_zpsxezprby5.jpg

also an bonus I edited Jared Frio some time ago

[[img][/img]Screenshot-3_zps4sxa3o1z.jpg

That is all

• Options
    edited March 2016
    @dreamerz13 Great update, sorry to hear of your grandpa hugs,
    I have been so slow checking this forum this week.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top