Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something DAZZLING! BLOG'S UP!!!

Comments

• Options
    tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited January 2014
    I like the jewelery but am also hoping for some decorative stuff and maybe some Tiffany lamps for some reason.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hmm...if there ends up not being perfume in this venue, could it be revealed on the 4th (if that's not when this comes out) that the perfume will work with the newly released venue, or even they make it separately for that day but if you have the venue you can get special scents? :lol:

I will admit, I never expected them to come up with glass blowing/whatever else they're making for this. It's a pleasant surprise. :wink:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited January 2014
    tlc10175 wrote:
    I like the jewelery but am also hoping for some decorative stuff and maybe some Tiffany lamps for some reason.

I adore them! My Dad has two (not Tiffany but that style), he was working as an electrician and people were just throwing them out! So he rescued them and they're lovely! He can make them now. :D

I actually saw one in a local shop on Tuesday, but it was £50. :cry:
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited January 2014
    Mstybl95 wrote:
    brsy wrote:
    Arletta wrote:
    Perfume would go great for Valentine's Day.

Working on the assumption that it would do nothing but give a moodlet, why would perfume be great for Valentine's Day? Even without the assumption why is perfume a good Valentine's Day gift?

I'm not exactly the world's most romantic person. To me a bottle of perfume doesn't say "I love you".

a bottle of perfume from a man is indication that he's infatuated by it's aroma so he wants to smell it on you because it's alluring and once u put it on he gets excited and once he gets excited you get excited...he sniff your neck Romantically ..you like it...you now feel romantic and he as well..now he wants to slow dance so he can smell you even closer ..you accept... then..he whispers gently in your ear "I LOVE YOU" and you whisper back "I LOVE YOU MORE" AND THEN..... :shock:

Throw me in the "I don't want perfume for valentines's day" category. Give me something I want that is actually useful. I'm not going to wear just any perfume so if it is not the brand and scent I like, then it is a wasted gift. And this is why my hubby and I have a $20 limit...so we don't both flub it up. LOL

Flatline ^^^^^^ __________________________________ Hahahahahahaha of course ya mate would know what you like geeeze it's your mate he or she would know what scent you wear and perfume would be just one of the gifts ...he will also give you a million dollars and a car and clothes :P geeezz romance is from the heart not the pockets lol omg I almost fell out of my seat when I read what you wrote tooo funny but I understand I was trying to show that perfume could be romantic as well as it can start lots of romantic things to blossom :P <I'm still laughing>
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited January 2014
    brsy wrote:
    Mstybl95 wrote:
    brsy wrote:
    Arletta wrote:

Working on the assumption that it would do nothing but give a moodlet, why would perfume be great for Valentine's Day? Even without the assumption why is perfume a good Valentine's Day gift?

I'm not exactly the world's most romantic person. To me a bottle of perfume doesn't say "I love you".

a bottle of perfume from a man is indication that he's infatuated by it's aroma so he wants to smell it on you because it's alluring and once u put it on he gets excited and once he gets excited you get excited...he sniff your neck Romantically ..you like it...you now feel romantic and he as well..now he wants to slow dance so he can smell you even closer ..you accept... then..he whispers gently in your ear "I LOVE YOU" and you whisper back "I LOVE YOU MORE" AND THEN..... :shock:

Throw me in the "I don't want perfume for valentines's day" category. Give me something I want that is actually useful. I'm not going to wear just any perfume so if it is not the brand and scent I like, then it is a wasted gift. And this is why my hubby and I have a $20 limit...so we don't both flub it up. LOL

Flatline ^^^^^^ __________________________________ Hahahahahahaha of course ya mate would know what you like geeeze it's your mate he or she would know what scent you wear and perfume would be just one of the gifts ...he will also give you a million dollars and a car and clothes :P geeezz romance is from the heart not the pockets lol omg I almost fell out of my seat when I read what you wrote tooo funny but I understand I was trying to show that perfume could be romantic as well as it can start lots of romantic things to blossom :P <I'm still laughing>

My hubby knows better than to get me any perfume! I have a adverse (allergies) reaction to any strong chemical smells... perfumes/deodorizes/cleaners. When I use Lysol, I have to leave the room for awhile and make sure to open all the doors and windows. I have some favorite perfumes I use to use before I became so "sensitive". I wish I could use them again, but oh well. I just wish other's would re-think their perfume/cologne usage, sometimes when I am out in public I will walk by someone and they smell like they dumped the whole bottle on themselves... uck!!

Hubby knows my favorite is chocolate covered strawberries!! :mrgreen:

EDIT TO ADD: I wouldn't mind my simmies being able to use perfume though! :D
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Oh yes, Tiki! I know what you mean! I get dizzy and migraine-y if I'm around strong perfumes. I find old fashioned ones like Chanel Number 5 are the worst. I love the smell but I can't be around people who are wearing it. What kind of reaction do you have?

Maybe if a sim wears too much perfume other sims could get the nauseous moodlet!? :lol:
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited January 2014
    I would love the ability to create Tiffany-style lamps! Here's one that I made in real life. Those are my cats Gryffindor on the left and Shadow on the right.

Gryff_and_Shadow.jpg

Best Regards,
    Nik
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    I would love the ability to create Tiffany-style lamps! Here's one that I made in real life. Those are my cats Gryffindor on the left and Shadow on the right.

Gryff_and_Shadow.jpg

Best Regards,
    Nik

*claps*

I love everything about this post! Cat's names are fab too! It must have taken you ages! All those curved petal shapes!!! It's beautiful! I'd love to make something like that, much more special than just buying one from a shop. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Oh yes, Tiki! I know what you mean! I get dizzy and migraine-y if I'm around strong perfumes. I find old fashioned ones like Chanel Number 5 are the worst. I love the smell but I can't be around people who are wearing it. What kind of reaction do you have?

Maybe if a sim wears too much perfume other sims could get the nauseous moodlet!? :lol:

I tend to get a migraine (they run on mom's side of the family) I also, start to sneeze a lot. I find the softer scents I can handle much better. The worst is when you hug someone and you can literally smell their cologne/perfume hours later still on you!! That's my brother, he needs to learn to lighten his cologne load!! :lol::lol: Not fair for me to blame only that though. I am (use to be, until recently) a chronic headache sufferer! Even my doctor could not figure out what was wrong with me. I ended up figuring it out and I have been headache free for almost a month now and it sooo wonderful to be headache free!!

That's a good idea for sims to get a nauseous moodlet!! :lol:
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:

Gryff_and_Shadow.jpg

Best Regards,
    Nik

OMG you made that??? It's beautiful!!! And your kitties are adorable!! :D
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Tiki5872 wrote:

I tend to get a migraine (they run on mom's side of the family) I also, start to sneeze a lot. I find the softer scents I can handle much better. The worst is when you hug someone and you can literally smell their cologne/perfume hours later still on you!! That's my brother, he needs to learn to lighten his cologne load!! :lol::lol: Not fair for me to blame only that though. I am (use to be, until recently) a chronic headache sufferer! Even my doctor could not figure out what was wrong with me. I ended up figuring it out and I have been headache free for almost a month now and it sooo wonderful to be headache free!!

:( It's sort of like how I get then, but I don't normally get headaches, only when I smell strong perfume. The Beast (my fiancé) doesn't understand! He wanders round the house spraying aerosols while I suffer. I'm glad your migraines are getting better. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Tiki5872 wrote:

:( It's sort of like how I get then, but I don't normally get headaches, only when I smell strong perfume. The Beast (my fiancé) doesn't understand! He wanders round the house spraying aerosols while I suffer. I'm glad your migraines are getting better. :D

I feel for you!! I would hide the aerosols!! :lol::lol:
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited January 2014

I worry that I SQUEEEEEEE!!!! and *happy dance* too much, that they it starts to seem not-genuine. But honestly the content has been so great lately! I keep thinking, 'surely they'll make something I feel MEH about soon' and then they keep releasing all this amazing content! I wasn't even sure about Roaring Heights in the very beginning, because it wasn't a theme I would have particularly requested... but it's awesome! They did such a beautiful job with it!!! The clothes, the hair, the build items, the rabbitholes!!! The floor tiles. The coaster, THE CAR!!! The sky/sea colours... it's all just stunning!

lol no you can't possibly ever get too excited, you just SQUEEE and happy dance all you want. :lol: It's fun to watch, honestly and gets me excited too! :D

And btw, I never said THANK YOU to EA for Island paradise!! I've always whined about wanting a gigantic (and pretty) map with height variation, and whoa did they deliver!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: I can't believe it's in an EP, it looks more like a Store world to me, it's so well done and a joy to play.

I'm calling my version "Walt Vegas" and putting every over-the-top crazy thing in there. :lol: :P Did have to turn off winter though, cos I was afraid the mermaids would freeze. :wink:

• Options
    dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited January 2014
    Bit overwhelmed by the size of this thread. 100+ pages. :shock:

I've been playing lately with my two little granddaughters - They hope for: JEWELRY! JEWELRY! JEWELRY! JEWELRY! JEWELRY!
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited January 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:

Update 9:
    12196865695_5a01551a66.jpg

Are those STAINED GLASS WINDOWS of some sort in the background? I certainly HOPE so! But I ALSO hope there are more KINDS of designs than just the one shown! It's pretty but not at all what I had in mind when I envisioned stained glass windows. I want our round rose window! And Celtic designs! And medieval designs!

I was thinking stained glass windows from the time I saw the 2nd picture. But I assumed it was just because of the tessellation. Venues usually come with windows and doors, so it could be.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    tlc10175 wrote:

I adore them! My Dad has two (not Tiffany but that style), he was working as an electrician and people were just throwing them out! So he rescued them and they're lovely! He can make them now. :D

I actually saw one in a local shop on Tuesday, but it was £50. :cry:

How cool is that?! :D I would love to have some as well but yeah their pretty pricy.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:

Gryff_and_Shadow.jpg

Best Regards,
    Nik

That picture is priceless in every way. <3
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited January 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:

Gryff_and_Shadow.jpg

Best Regards,
    Nik

Beautiful! (Both kitties and the lamp.) Gryffindor looks a little like my Spooky. :mrgreen:
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited January 2014
    Arletta wrote:

I'm not exactly the world's most romantic person. To me a bottle of perfumeoesn't say "I love you".

To a lot of women but not all the giving of perfume ,candy and flowers is romantic. That's a vday tradition. Also it will help when I do my Love Day pics.

True, it is a tradition, one mostly created by marketing. :mrgreen: But there does still seem to be a general expectation to get cards, flowers, candy, jewelry, and such on Valentines Day.

I have to say though, I find home-cooked meals, foot rubs, and/or a clean bathroom to be the most romantic things my husband could give me on Valentine's Day. I'd rather he spend time on me, rather then money; it is more valuable. ;D

Spending time with me is implied.
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited January 2014
    I'm dazzled!! It's even better than I could have hoped!! :mrgreen:
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    breakyouxbreakyoux Posts: 465 New Member
    edited January 2014
    I'm sold! I'm still patched at 1.63, but I hope that won't cause any problems. :shock:
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited January 2014
    tlc10175 wrote:
    Nik24X7 wrote:

Gryff_and_Shadow.jpg

Best Regards,
    Nik

That picture is priceless in every way. <3

OMG I loooveeee this lamp my mom love Tiffany's <my dad hates when she shop so much> but that's a whole other story anyway at my parents home my mom love lamps like that her fav is "Dale" Tiffany Dragonfly 3 it's table lamps and she keeps them in the living room and the grand foyer all she ever talk about are those lamps or her two poodles FiFi and Felicia or other things she buys at Tiffany's ...if she could she would have played in that movie for FREE and PAID Audry Hepburn :lol: so if you ever want to get my mom attention in a LOUD crowded room just whisper the words..."dragonfly, Tiffany's, and shopping" and trust me she will hear you lol and all my dad will do is shake his head and keep spoiling her hahahha... when I moved out a few years ago she told me she would get me some lamps like that or similar at the house warming party from her favorite store and I knew what was running through her mind so I quickly said NO thank-you lol I love the lamps but having to tip toe around them making sure it never FALL OR break would get on my nerves even though I don't have children omg I couldn't handle the pressure lol so I just took the jewelry instead hahaha now I would love to have a few of your lamps though AMAZING work it look almost the same..I wouldn't want to break yours either with all the hard work you put into it but I would feel less nervous ...I could be a bit clumsy at times :( and I have a bad allergy to cats :( beautiful btw :D kudos to you!!!
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    edited January 2014
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I'm dazzled!! It's even better than I could have hoped!! :mrgreen:

Exactly! I'm feeling a bit dumb-struck! :oops:

It's just...

I feel like the store team are going 'Look at the shiny! Would you like the shiny?'

tumblr_lmtcao8u0a1qf2vcbo1_500.gif

And I'm like:

edit. Aww! So sad that gif won't work!!!
  • Options
    MrsTILMrsTIL Posts: 67 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Arletta wrote:

I'm not exactly the world's most romantic person. To me a bottle of perfumeoesn't say "I love you".

To a lot of women but not all the giving of perfume ,candy and flowers is romantic. That's a vday tradition. Also it will help when I do my Love Day pics.

True, it is a tradition, one mostly created by marketing. :mrgreen: But there does still seem to be a general expectation to get cards, flowers, candy, jewelry, and such on Valentines Day.

I have to say though, I find home-cooked meals, foot rubs, and/or a clean bathroom to be the most romantic things my husband could give me on Valentine's Day. I'd rather he spend time on me, rather then money; it is more valuable. ;D

Spending time with me is implied.

I hear you there! Instead of a bunch of flowers the other day my husband came home with a bunch of lollipops made to look like a flower bouquet and then cooked me dinner! (I'm alergic to a lot of flowers) MAJOR brownie points! x