Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something DAZZLING! BLOG'S UP!!!

Comments

• GrandmothergamerGrandmothergamer Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited January 2014
    :mrgreen: What an awesome hug! I adore cats, and love the kitten gifs. Thank you.
    8) One of the things I like most about your threads is that we get to show the Store team we appreciate the things they make.
    It must be really hard to be blamed for things the company you work for don't get around to fixing, when it's not something under your control.

:mrgreen: At least we are able to let Mr Copland and his team know just how much we appreciate them and love the content they create for us.
    It must make their work more satisfying.
    It must also drive them crazy when they make venues that they are limited to Base game only!
    I would go insane with frustration knowing how many levels of more awesome what I was making could be knowing that it's ALL THERE and I can't use it :!:
  • stenopelixstenopelix Posts: 385 Member
    edited January 2014
    When will this be released? Today (hopeful looking) or next week? Did any SimGuru mention it? I do not keep track on twitter or Facebook...
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    edited January 2014
  • stenopelixstenopelix Posts: 385 Member
    edited January 2014
    Karritz wrote:
    February 2014

Thank you for your qucik answer. Sigh, one more week waiting...
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    edited January 2014
    Could be 4 more weeks. No one has said when in February.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited January 2014
    Perfume would go great for Valentine's Day.
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited January 2014

Working on the assumption that it would do nothing but give a moodlet, why would perfume be great for Valentine's Day? Even without the assumption why is perfume a good Valentine's Day gift?

I'm not exactly the world's most romantic person. To me a bottle of perfume doesn't say "I love you".
  • SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    edited January 2014
    I'm really getting excited about this! I love the idea of having my sims create more items for themselves like they could with the toy machine.
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited January 2014
    I'm really getting excited about this! I love the idea of having my sims create more items for themselves like they could with the toy machine.
    My thoughts exactly SALTPASTILLEN :D
    rnKEhBT.png
  • tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited January 2014
    Arletta wrote:

Working on the assumption that it would do nothing but give a moodlet, why would perfume be great for Valentine's Day? Even without the assumption why is perfume a good Valentine's Day gift?

I'm not exactly the world's most romantic person. To me a bottle of perfume doesn't say "I love you".

A recolorable glass heart might be cool though for Vday... er a.. 'heart of glass'? xD
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited January 2014
    I was just thinking, this PC will be GREAT with the ren faire venue!!!
    Simguru Copeland

Any chance any of this stuff could have a romantic effect on sims?

Aw, when the sim gods was handing out the 'hopeless romantic' trait I think they accidentally gave you 5! <3
    Karritz wrote:
    double post - Liam made me do it:(

Ah ha ha!!! :lol:

He's such a scamp!
    Karritz wrote:

And about that chemistry lab to make perfume - I just want flowers I can grow and pick:)

Yeah, I'd prefer the old fashioned way of making it with flowers. It'd be great if kids could do it too. Perfect for gorgeous little Victorian fairies. :mrgreen:
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    . It's funny because in real life I am not a big fan of garden gnomes - I prefer like garden angels or fairies - but in the game I really love all of them - especially the baby gnomes.

I WANT THIS NOOOOOOW!!!! Oh how sweet would some little garden fairy statues be!? Oh, pretty pretty please store team!!!

(I love random garden statues. I'll go and take some pics of some of mine in a minute)
    I don't understand the excitement over gnomes...i probably have not played enough to enjoy them. Aside from the invention gnome, arent they just standing around waiting to be kicked? Please somebody enlighten me. What am I missing?

You have to watch them closely. They get up to all kinds of mischief! Check out Karritz's thread. :wink:

*reads more of the thread* Or... what Writin_Reg said! :D
    Did SimGuruCopeland actually confirm that the sims can craft jewelry in a kiln, place on a table, purchase, and then wear? Plus gnomes, Weplus stairs? As much as I would love to see all that, it does seem like an awful lot to expect from one Store set and I would hate for anybody to be a tad disappointed.

Well, it was Alan who pointed at 'jewellery crafting' with a big neon 'this is a hint' sign. :lol:
    Karritz wrote:
    kate I've done silversmithing in real life. You use metal while making jewelry and you don't need a forge.

All you need is some refined metal - such as silver or whatever you want to work with - and you put pieces of it into a ceramic bowl that is very heat resistant and heat it. You only melt the bit you need. All that is necessary is a small fire or blow torch.

One simple and ancient way of making small objects is to carve a shape into a cuttlefish shell and pouring the molten metal into it. When it solidifies you can polish it and use it as a pendant or charm or whatever you want it for.

If you want to refine ores then you would need something more elaborate.

Or you can buy metal wire or small sheets of metal in varying thicknesses and use wire cutters or a jewelers saw to cut out the shapes you want and then file and polish it until you have made the thing. Then all you have to do is assemble it.

The bit I don't like is soldering as I wear glasses and the safety gear makes it hard to see what I'm doing so I don't do much of it.

*listens with awe and interest*

AAAAAAAARRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm dying from speculation now! I need the FULL DETAILS all the nitty gritty before I spontaneously combust from trying to contain the excitement so I don't get carried away!

*fizzles*
    :mrgreen: What an awesome hug! I adore cats, and love the kitten gifs. Thank you.
    8) One of the things I like most about your threads is that we get to show the Store team we appreciate the things they make.
    It must be really hard to be blamed for things the company you work for don't get around to fixing, when it's not something under your control.

:mrgreen: At least we are able to let Mr Copland and his team know just how much we appreciate them and love the content they create for us.
    It must make their work more satisfying.
    It must also drive them crazy when they make venues that they are limited to Base game only!
    I would go insane with frustration knowing how many levels of more awesome what I was making could be knowing that it's ALL THERE and I can't use it :!:

I do try to let them know how much I love the stuff they produce. I think they might have noticed. ^.^

I worry that I SQUEEEEEEE!!!! and *happy dance* too much, that they it starts to seem not-genuine. But honestly the content has been so great lately! I keep thinking, 'surely they'll make something I feel MEH about soon' and then they keep releasing all this amazing content! I wasn't even sure about Roaring Heights in the very beginning, because it wasn't a theme I would have particularly requested... but it's awesome! They did such a beautiful job with it!!! The clothes, the hair, the build items, the rabbitholes!!! The floor tiles. The coaster, THE CAR!!! The sky/sea colours... it's all just stunning!

Screenshot-34-2.jpg

Screenshot-26-5.jpg

Screenshot-24-6.jpg

Screenshot-28-3.jpg

Screenshot-27-4.jpg

I do try to be specific about what I like, and try to give credit to the different people who work on content.

Sure, there are things that need to be tweeked or fixed, and I hope these things are addressed. But I'm not one to spit my dummy out over it. I would like to feel reassured that the issues are being specifically addressed though.
    Arletta wrote:

It might be a regional thing, but where I live perfume is an appropriate gift for valentines day. It's typical for people to buy it for their partners and it's seen as a romantic gift. It would be odd to gift perfume in a non-romantic way. And I'd say it's more common to receive perfume as a gift, rather than go out and buy it for yourself. :D
    edited January 2014
    100 pages! Party time!!!

dionne-driving.gif

clueless.gif

clueless_cast_reunited_09.gif

sqjyuv-jpg.gif?w=584
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited January 2014

Update 9:
    12196865695_5a01551a66.jpg

Are those STAINED GLASS WINDOWS of some sort in the background? I certainly HOPE so! But I ALSO hope there are more KINDS of designs than just the one shown! It's pretty but not at all what I had in mind when I envisioned stained glass windows. I want our round rose window! And Celtic designs! And medieval designs!
    edited January 2014
    Arletta wrote:

I'm not exactly the world's most romantic person. To me a bottle of perfumeoesn't say "I love you".

To a lot of women but not all the giving of perfume ,candy and flowers is romantic. That's a vday tradition. Also it will help when I do my Love Day pics.
  • AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited January 2014
    Arletta wrote:

a bottle of perfume from a man is indication that he's infatuated by it's aroma so he wants to smell it on you because it's alluring and once u put it on he gets excited and once he gets excited you get excited...he sniff your neck Romantically ..you like it...you now feel romantic and he as well..now he wants to slow dance so he can smell you even closer ..you accept... then..he whispers gently in your ear "I LOVE YOU" and you whisper back "I LOVE YOU MORE" AND THEN..... :shock:
    edited January 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:

Update 9:
    12196865695_5a01551a66.jpg

Are those STAINED GLASS WINDOWS of some sort in the background? I certainly HOPE so! But I ALSO hope there are more KINDS of designs than just the one shown! It's pretty but not at all what I had in mind when I envisioned stained glass windows. I want our round rose window! And Celtic designs! And medieval designs!

I'm under the impression that they are stained glass windows. Although I can't quite work out what I'm looking at there. I really like the style of them, it's what I was hoping for. I would love a rose window too.

I didn't think they'd make anything that people would associate with religion. So I'm not surprised the glass is like that, without anything that could be construed as an icon.
  • jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    edited January 2014
    YaY I was right :) I can't wait for this now and hopefully it won't be to much b/c we have a lot of birthdays to deal with lately and a wedding mid Feb :)
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited January 2014
    jacqpinks wrote:
    I can't wait for this now and hopefully it won't be to much b/c we have a lot of birthdays to deal with lately and a wedding mid Feb :)
    I hope it isn't beyond their usual price range either, since husband's birthday is February too. (And I STILL don't know WHAT to get him :oops: )

Anyway, to me:
    Their most intriguing venue yet!
    I remember when I was younger, I gifted my father, among other things, cologne for Christmas.
    He said "Are you trying to say I stink?"? :lol:
    That's been a bit stuck in my head eve since. :roll:
    But I do like perfume. And Tommy Bahama is one of my top favs I use.
    I'd love some for the Sim, even if it's just a deco. I get so tired of the one deco one we have (cuz not currently using CC).

As for jewelery making? :thumbup:
    Been complaining to myself they had almost nothing to pick from for ages, & the poor guy Sims were always overlooked.
    This would be really AWESOME!
    If we really do get to make a bunch of glass objects, jewelery, it will really make the savvy sellers set super-duper-useful!
    Think of the Mall-making/Stores possibilities!
    To be able to make a Store with Clothing, Shoes, Jewelery..
    OMG, like a REAL Store! :mrgreen:
    (I'm "mall-fixated", I think :lol: )

Edit: I just remembered something! :(
    IF we get ability to make glass & jewelery stuff, maybe I won't be able to make mall w/ it?
    The savvy sellers set can't use "craftables"/"Sim-made" stuff on it, right?! :'(
    :?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited January 2014
    My favourite perfume is Alexander McQueen's My Queen. I think they stopped making it though (I don't trust the ones on ebay, there are so many knock-off perfumes around). I only have a bottle and a half left (both gifts) and I only ever wear it on super-special occasions. I'll be so sad when it runs out. My second favourite is Issey Miyake's Eau D'Issey. :D

I can't wait to know FOR SURE exactly what we're getting so I can make some shops. I just made a big row of traditional-ish shops in my world and left a space for a glass-works showroom and work space. I guess I need a perfumery and jewellery store too?

I really want a pottery shop, but we could do with more pottery décor to fill it up. I love the sculpting station but the stuff we can make is more sculptures than general pottery. There are a couple of bits with WA but... :? Of course, I'd love the pottery wheel back from TS2.
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited January 2014
    I can't wait to know FOR SURE exactly what we're getting so I can make some shops. I just made a big row of traditional-ish shops in my world and left a space for a glass-works showroom and work space. I guess I need a perfumery and jewellery store too?
    BUT stupid me just realized we can't sell "craftables" or stuff our Sims make, right? SO I'm getting excited for something that may, or may not come out, AND then can't make a shop w/ it? PLEASE tell me I'm wrong! I want to be able to do this! :(
    Coffee took forever to kick-in, when I just realized the above sad thoughts. :oops: :(
    edited January 2014
    Simply

I m hoping they ve fixed that with this set and we can sell them.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited January 2014
    brsy wrote:
    Arletta wrote:

a bottle of perfume from a man is indication that he's infatuated by it's aroma so he wants to smell it on you because it's alluring and once u put it on he gets excited and once he gets excited you get excited...he sniff your neck Romantically ..you like it...you now feel romantic and he as well..now he wants to slow dance so he can smell you even closer ..you accept... then..he whispers gently in your ear "I LOVE YOU" and you whisper back "I LOVE YOU MORE" AND THEN..... :shock:

Throw me in the "I don't want perfume for valentines's day" category. Give me something I want that is actually useful. I'm not going to wear just any perfume so if it is not the brand and scent I like, then it is a wasted gift. And this is why my hubby and I have a $20 limit...so we don't both flub it up. LOL
    edited January 2014
    BUT stupid me just realized we can't sell "craftables" or stuff our Sims make, right? SO I'm getting excited for something that may, or may not come out, AND then can't make a shop w/ it? PLEASE tell me I'm wrong! I want to be able to do this! :(
    Coffee took forever to kick-in, when I just realized the above sad thoughts. :oops: :(

I'm not sure. :?

The stuff before savvy sellers couldn't be. But then the toys from the toymaker and the un-fixed fixable car can be.

I figure they waited till they'd released the savvy seller collection to start making the craftables, I'm hoping they are making futer crafted items savvy seller compatible.

However, I have just started using Ani's savvy seller mod (at MTS) and Twallan's consigner mod (at Nraas Industries) so I can sell older crafted items. So even if they're not savvy seller compatible, there are still options.

BUT in general I believe the game shouldn't be so reliant on mods and these things should be thought about by the maxis team. So imho the new crafted items SHOULD be compatible with ss. :?

But I'm not pointing fingers at the store team (too much). I think a TS2 craft/shop system should have been incorporated properly earlier on in the game by the expansion teams. I'm thankful the store team are picking up so many of the broken pieces (examples: savvy sellers; bistro; opening rabbitholes [theatre/spa/mausoleum/etc]).
    edited January 2014
    Mstybl95 wrote:
    Throw me in the "I don't want perfume for valentines's day" category. Give me something I want that is actually useful. I'm not going to wear just any perfume so if it is not the brand and scent I like, then it is a wasted gift. And this is why my hubby and I have a $20 limit...so we don't both flub it up. LOL

To be honest, at the moment I'd prefer simpoints! :lol:

'Give me sim perfume instead of real life perfume this year please!'
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited January 2014
    wow 100 pages. I'm getting rather excited now and hope they do reveal this will include jewelry making and that hopefully they will also say by tomorrow at latest this is coming next week.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.