Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something DAZZLING! BLOG'S UP!!!

Update 11:

Tatertot put the blog up, YEAH! And it looks soooooooooooooooooooo great!!!

I think it's probably best if we move the discussion to that thread now! :D

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/737904.page
Hello Simmers!

I am so excited to be able to finally talk about the upcoming venue, The Prism Art Studio!

It’s hard keeping secrets from you guys, especially when we know you are all are going to flip when I tell you the exciting new features!

The Prism Art Studio is an all-new venue that will let your creativity shine and with a brand new Artisan skill.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Sims can practice their still-life technique with fellow artists on a bright Spring morning or try their hand at some really unique crafts.

3.jpg

…Like Glass Blowing!

Will your Sim become a Fan-glass-tic Artisan or will this new skill prove to be a Pain in their Glass?

4.jpg

5.jpg

Glass Blowing opens up an exciting array of new items for your Sims to fashion. And speaking of fashion, take a look at all the beautiful jewelry you can make exclusively with the with the Artisan's Glassblowing and Jewelry Making Station!

Here are some pretty necklaces to adorn your Sims neckline.

6.jpg

Mix them with some drop earrings and bangles to complete the look!

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-fJJsEHP8gpg/UuqZYlFhEWI/AAAAAAAAAN8/aKV1HajReug/s512/7.jpg[/img]

These stunning hand crafted items come in an elegant gift box that can be gifted to that special Sim in your life.

But your Sim can make so much more than just pretty jewelry. They can make stunning works of art to decorate your home, from glass partitions, to chess sets, stained glass windows, beautiful glass containers, a variety of different perfumes, glass gnomes and so much more!

8.jpg

Have your Sim craft a variety of different perfumes that Sims can wear for romantic or downright hilarious outcomes!

9.jpg

Every artist needs that perfect workspace to inspire them. This is how mine would look.

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-FMXREIDaU5Q/UuqZVYyysnI/AAAAAAAAAM4/VEleSJr5BUU/s512/10.jpg[/img]

We really love the aesthetics of this venue with the bricks, huge window panes and warehouse-loft like structure. Can we just have this already?

11.jpg

And what would a studio be without a gallery to display all the beautiful artwork? The Prism Art Studio comes with an area for you to debut your career as a budding artist! Soon, there will be no more starving artists; success is on the horizon.

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-rOZXoME2X7s/UuqZWrUpakI/AAAAAAAAANU/59xFcAljzKE/s512/12.jpg[/img]

And lastly, one more small surprise as another fan-favorite request – L-shaped staircases! Now you can turn left, or right, 100% of the time!

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-5vLaRrj8jQw/UuqZWnrZINI/AAAAAAAAANM/T14TL0V8GC8/s512/13.jpg[/img]

Be sure to share your new creations made with the Prism Art Studio! We can’t wait to see them!

Love,

SimGuruTaterTot and The Sims 3 Store Team

P.S. Have you spotted the free Chinese New Year Set?

Update 10:
But it still could be any number of the following:

• Glass blowing
• Perfume making
• Jewelry crafting
• Metal smelting
• incredibly awesome (OK, maybe I threw this one in there.)

Update 9:
12196865695_5a01551a66.jpg

Update 8:

Stablehand6 kindly listed what has/has not been ruled out so far!
Part 2: The Info Quest

So I've been pondering today as I looked (or briefly skimmed) through the thread, and I thought it might be helpful to review:

Things that have been ruled out:

The venue being a shop
Candles/candle making
Canoes
Animals of all kinds
Ferris Wheels
Flowers/flower arranging
? (anything else?)
• Not a Carousel or anything carnival related.
• Not Corn or Gardening related.
• And "abuzz" was just a word, not a hint.

Things that have been mentioned but have NOT been ruled out:
(And please correct me if I'm wrong about any of these; this guessing game has been going on for a while, and the thread is so long I'm starting to get things mixed up... Plus, the Gurus tend to answer questions on Twitter a lot instead of on here, and I don't "tweet", so I don't always see their responses...)
Catwalk
Bakery (okay, the venue is not a shop, but I figure, maaaaaaybe it's some other "type" of lot, like a "café"...?)
Perfume making
Jewelry crafting
metal smelting/crafting/smithing
Chocolate making/candy making
Restaurant
Spa/salon
Tea set/tea house/tea room
? (anything else?)

Update 7:
Monet11 wrote:
From SimsVIP. Here is the image of the L-shaped stairs. :D

12125582115_4a43962c8b.jpg

Update 6:

BemwHSjCAAACOcR.jpg

Update 5 (21/JAN/2014):

How about a hint to another item in the next venue? L-s***** *****s!

Update 4:

SLIGHTLY LESS FUZZY HINT!

Nik24X7 wrote:
BeCSa4PCMAEYrQF_zps4678fb20.jpg

Update 3:

Or more specifically, this:

@SimGuruCopeland worked some magic so here's a glimmer of the next venue! Awesomeness is coming. Feb. 2014.

BdpWhwWCcAANzTN.jpg

Update 2:
@SimGuruTatertot Folks are trying to sniff out a new hint or screenshot. When can we give them a whiff?

Linkage!

So are we thinking jewellery AND perfume making?

Update:

Squeep! It worked!!!

Wow! You got the forums abuzz with interesting speculation, even if folks are focused on just one facet of its awesomeness.

We got 'facet' and also 'abuzz'?

SimGuruTatertot says we can expect some 'dazzling' premium content later this month! Let the speculation commence!!! ^.^

(I vote jewellery making machine)

Comments

• Options
    janeDoe001janeDoe001 Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited January 2014
    Dazzling... dazzling... maybe a... well I was gonna say something about designing but that was given to us in ambitions...

...hmm... maybe something to do with stars... or maybe more magic...?

jD001
    Pokety Poke Poke :D

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited January 2014
    That would be very cool!

Maybe a Ferris Wheel will light up multi color lights to dazzle us at night! It can even be under "lights" for all I care! I will find a way to work this into any clues we get! :lol:
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    AunzaAunza Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited January 2014
    ~laughing~

Twitter quote by Cinderellimouse (linked above)
    Cinderellimouse ‏@Cinderellimouse 1m
    @SimGuruTatertot *gets too excited and dies: death by speculation*

Careful now, the year just started and the team has given a surprise already. Buckle up!

~happy simming~

• Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited January 2014
    I agree with you, Cinderelli. 'Dazzling' definitely sounds like it is jewelry related, especially since we got jewelry (and shoes!) with the latest set, which we like never get.

I don't know how 'dazzling' translates to PC though. But, I'm always up for more PC!
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited January 2014
    Squeep! Oh, I hadn't thought of a ferris wheel or something to do with astronomy or magic but they sound possible too!

I think 'death by speculation' would result in a sparkly pink ghost with very big eyes! O.O
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited January 2014
    Squeep! Oh, I hadn't thought of a ferris wheel or something to do with astronomy or magic but they sound possible too!

I think 'death by speculation' would result in a sparkly pink ghost with very big eyes! O.O

Well...astronomy has to do with the sky and stars...and ferris wheels...they are tall and rise high in the sky right? :lol: As for magic...um, yeah the views! they are magically breathtaking. That's the ticket. :wink:

edit for clarity for humors sake.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited January 2014
    If it's a jewelry craft station, I hope we can take our cut gemstones and place them in pendants, earrings, and bracelets. That would be cool!
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited January 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    If it's a jewelry craft station, I hope we can take our cut gemstones and place them in pendants, earrings, and bracelets. That would be cool!

I wanna believe in this, because this sounds beyond awesomeness, but I don't want to get my hopes up too high and suffer Cinderelli's fate, "death by speculation."

I don't think that I would look good as a sparkly pink ghost...
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited January 2014
    Cinderellimouse ‏@Cinderellimouse 1m
    @SimGuruTatertot *gets too excited and dies: death by speculation*
    [/quote]
    I don't use twitter, but seeing the hilarious comments makes me want to start - JUST to read the comments! :mrgreen:

But jewelery WOULD be so cool!
    Esp since I always felt whether the Sims were rich or poor, they had such a sad assortment of jewelry to pick from.
    It would also give a fun incentive to collect stones that sometimes get a bit boring after awhile... :roll:

I am trying not to be "too" curious... you know what it did to the cat... :lol:
  • Options
    CSIMSIECSIMSIE Posts: 2,779 Member
    edited January 2014
    Death by speculation would probs have simoleon signs floating behind them.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited January 2014
    Looks like we're off the farm, so I guess I don't get my canning station (or my cucumbers). :?

Dazzling -- maybe a new dance venue, for those who don't have either Late Night or the Starlight Dance Studio?
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:

THIIIIIIIIS!!!! This would be soooooooo gooooooood!!!!

tumblr_inline_mjplbtCIgA1qz4rgp.gif

Then we could sell the jewellery with our savvy seller stuff! Waaaaaaaant!!! I want a jewellery stooooore!

breakfast-at-tiffanys-opening-shot.jpg

Mistletoe and SimplySimazing, I don't want to get my hopes up either. :cry: But it's too late!!! >_<
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    edit: double post
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited January 2014
    Then we could sell the jewellery with our savvy seller stuff! Waaaaaaaant!!! I want a jewellery stooooore!

I can envision cinderelli standing in front of Tiffany's with breakfast in hand. LOL! 8) :P
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,597 Member
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    scotlandroadscotlandroad Posts: 244 Member
    edited January 2014
    JEWELRY!!!!!!!
  • Options
    ariane_terryariane_terry Posts: 688 New Member
    edited January 2014
    dazzle.gif

Can't wait to see what it is.
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited January 2014
    Jewelry making could be pretty cool. But not as cool as coffins. Though I guess those wouldn't be "dazzling." I'm curious to see what they come up with but honestly... not too excited yet.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2014
    SimGuruTatertot says we can expect some 'dazzling' premium content later this month! Let the speculation commence!!! ^.^

(I vote jewellery making machine)

Oh wow she answered my question. I'm sharkloverplayer on twitter for those of you who don't know.

Yea that sounds about right a couple of weeks since were got the set this week the premium would be in 2 weeks.

Dazzeling sounds like a jewerly making machine. I hope our sims can give it as a gift.

Edit
    Dazzeling can also mean a catwalk and modeling career. :wink:
  • Options
    chopin27chopin27 Posts: 764 Member
    edited January 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:

and engagement rings. :D
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hmm just thought of something. Could this also mean we might get peircings added if we get a jewelry making machine? I sure hope so and I like the idea of the engagement ring. Maybe our sims could give it to their boy/girlfriend at the table after making it in the machine.
  • Options
    IMeepIMeep Posts: 1,635 Member
    edited January 2014
    She didn't say premium content. She said something. Tokyo perhaps?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:

I can envision cinderelli standing in front of Tiffany's with breakfast in hand. LOL! 8) :P

Oh definitely! Only I'd look less charming because I'd be drooling into my coffee.

ariane, is that R-patz? Hee hee! Oh, if it's something to do with sparkly vampires... >_<

Dazzeling sounds like a jewerly making machine. I hope our sims can give it as a gift.

Edit
    Dazzeling can also mean a catwalk and modeling career. :wink:

*high fives*

Good work Cat! You got TT to give us a clue! :D

Oh, I hope we can give jewellery as gifts too! Proposing with a ring? YES! And I'd like a modelling catwalk type pc item too.
  • Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    edited January 2014
    Oh my, usually the PC items correlate with projection sales of sets or venues we already have available in the store. I will have to think about this one
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited January 2014
    It could be a crystal mining venue LOL
    I know, that would be totally random
    I'm thinking on my feet here ;)