Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CLOSED DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & Sales Help: Start 7 Dec; Repeat 31 Jan

Comments

• Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited March 2014
    I was looking ahead on the list on Page 1 and noticed an error - No. 147 should be Heavy Weather Coat. It says Heavy Leather Coat. I wanted to check to see how long the Contemporary Comfort Living set will be up. I don't have any of it, but I have the bedroom set and 14% of Everyday - Hot Summer Days, so that would get me closer to the June 2011 Compilation.

I really need to get a life.
    Doh! Thank you ... I got it right on #27 though :roll:

Life? What's that if it's not Deal Stalking! :mrgreen:

Good luck with your progress towards the comp.
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited March 2014
    Jimboola11 wrote:
    APotts - T'was odd reading your post as it echoed many of my thoughts.

Firstly - I too think it's about time Lunar Lakes was on general sale. It's so old, a sale would really stimulate use. I only ever get offered it at around 10% off and bundled with sets etc often making the 'deal' worth 4-6k. Just silly.

Second - I also accepted an MMAO (I think it was my 4th ever) which was 3-4 bits of clothing. It was close to 1/2 price and they were all from party sets like seeing stars. Cost around 100 simpoints.

So all the store pages seem screwy at the mo. Not even getting a 'Liam', just weird code! Hope everything is okay.

Let's all think happy thoughts and maybe tomorrow's sale page will surprise us with LL. :lol:

Congrats on accepting an offer, perhaps MMAO was in a good mood, hope it continues.

I just read that the new set was delayed due to technical issues, so maybe that has something to do with the store being so odd today. :?: I have not gotten Laim anymore than normal today, but I do notice the scrolling banner ad thingy is missing and everything seems to be loading slowly, or not at all. Perhaps they are about to announce a extra special sale, or something... once again, just wishful thinking, but it would be nice. :wink:
  • Options
    Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    edited March 2014
    Store is definately flaky. Pages almost blank, apache tomcat errors, free simpoint videos not working, etc.. Very annoying, since it means I'm probably not going to be able to get my free simpoints today. They had the same issues last night. Kind of hard to buy something if the store doesn't work!
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited March 2014
    Maybe everything is so screwy in the store pages because they are getting ready for a special MARCH MADNESS sale?

Whoooooooooooooo!!!! :D

(or maybe not...) :(
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi DD team!

I'm sorry I haven't been checking in lately, but between my little vacation from life and now uni, I've been totally absorbed by OE -- and it's not like the Daily Deal is drawing me back in at the moment!

I just wanted to add my voice to the Lunar Lakes sales-requesters, and also discuss my recent luck with MMAO, to maybe give some more of you hope.

Though I haven't been accepting many offers, I have had a LOT of 40-50% off offers lately. Unfortunately, they always seem to have the JCPenny items in there (or Sunlit Tides/Stones Throw Greenhouse/Hidden Springs) just to stop me from buying, I have been impressed to see so many high percentage offers. I almost ended up with Front Row Center/Wretched Threads the other day, but there was a JCP item that made me mad. :oops:

One thing I have noticed though, that I wanted to mention: if you see something on the Sale page, there seems to be a pretty good chance it'll come up in MMAO once a day or so during the Sale, FOR A GREATER DISCOUNT! There's been lots of 20-30% off deals on the Sale page the past few months, and whenever I don't own any of a Sale set, it seems to come up for me in MMAO for 40-50%! It's not foolproof or anything, but it might be a good idea to hold off if you don't have any CYS progress, and to take your chances with MMAO for a few days. I managed to get a few sets that way, including the Jazz Age sets a few months back.

I hope you are all well! Good luck with everything, and happy Simming! I'll try to check back in soon. :)
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    CaySedaiSimCaySedaiSim Posts: 581 Member
    edited March 2014
    I ended up getting the compilation (June 2011) for 245 simpoints after buying the contemporary living room set for 594. So that gave me the Everyday - Hot Summer Days set much, much cheaper than it would have been (945, since I already had a couple of items).

Not too shabby.
    Member of the Own the Store Club! B)
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited March 2014
    Whoop! I owned all but 3 items from the Quaint Cottage Collection, and it bugged me that it didn't unlock the set for me. Now that it's on sale I finally got that download button! I love plants in the game so I'm excited to have the blue hibiscus! :D

edit: now I just need them to allow CYS for the hibiscus trio! >_<
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Hmmmm...thought the Quaint Cottage Collection might unlock for me as I have 40% of it. But even in sale it is still 530 pts!!!! Yuck!

I did get the Fairy Outdoors for just over 100 pts though, so that's something. Not the most eclectic set of sale items though in the 16 (remember when it used to be 2 pages not 1?). Still no world on sale.

I guess some will be stoked to see the Grandpa's Grove on their though.

Me...I'm waiting for #160 of the rotation, serentity retreat. :)
  • Options
    Valgon57Valgon57 Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited March 2014
    Whoop! I owned all but 3 items from the Quaint Cottage Collection, and it bugged me that it didn't unlock the set for me. Now that it's on sale I finally got that download button! I love plants in the game so I'm excited to have the blue hibiscus! :D

:) It's nice to get a couple free things!

You can use this to download just the blue hibiscus :)
    sims3://download/?ofbId=OFB-SIM3:55396

• Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    edited March 2014
    Not sure if this is correct thread, but Sales page Friday now has
    Granpa's Grove! :D
    Pretty nice discount if anyone was waiting for that. The tractor is great fun I think.
  • Options
    missy2311missy2311 Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited March 2014
    There was only four (3 now) things on the sale page I don't have. I had 25 of 35 items from the cottage collection so I got the whole set for 20sp, so I was happy with that :D I want Grandpa's Grove, but I keep thinking wait till its 40% but then I hear Victoria saying buy it :lol:
    a.k.a. Catherine

• Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    edited March 2014
    For anyone who cares we are up to 148 ) Contemporary comfort living. Jimboola at this rate you may get that wish of Serenity Retreat coming up before this list changes.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    For anyone who cares we are up to 148 ) Contemporary comfort living. Jimboola at this rate you may get that wish of Serenity Retreat coming up before this list changes.

I'm on the case AJ... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Shogo_YahagiShogo_Yahagi Posts: 838 Member
    edited March 2014
    Do we know when the list is going to change?
  • Options
    edited March 2014

That set has a funky CYS. I just completed it last week. Nice little story about that, I had commented on another thread about how I only needed 2 items, but the set still wanted points to complete it. Faith12368 saw my comment and surprised me by sending me one of my last two items, such a sweet gesture, people are always so nice around here. :mrgreen: Anyway at that point I only had the 1 item 'hibiscus plant' that I needed, and yet the set STILL wanted 65sp! Of course at that point I decided to just cave and complete the set. I just knew that the moment I paid those 65sp the set would show up on the next sale page, and I wasn't wrong. :lol: I need to start trusting my instincts, but I am still really happy to see it on the sale page, since I am sure it will help a lot of other people to complete it.

Sadly, I own everything on the sale page already, but I still think the sale page is interesting this week. A few things that have never been on sale before should help a few people who need those things. Not exactly March Madness, but still nice for some! Now we just need them to start the 'Spring Simpoint Sale'. :lol:

And yes, I know that 'Spring Simpoint Sale' is not really a thing, I only dreamed it up, but isn't it a nice dream? Doesn't it just sound so right?! Say it with me 'Spring Simpoint Sale'! :lol::lol:

Edit: Forgot to add that I also think they need to CYS the hibiscus trio, since otherwise a lot of us will never purchase the rest of the set. And Seeing Stars/Show Stopping too, it is high time those two sets get their CYS!
  • Options
    edited March 2014

We never know, it is always a mystery, but we hope that it will change soon, right after Jim gets his Retreat sounds like a good time to me!
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited March 2014
    APotts wrote:

We never know, it is always a mystery, but we hope that it will change soon, right after Jim gets his Retreat sounds like a good time to me!

Okie, I will chip in and quit whining about a change until James gets his serenity and I sure hope he doesn't sleep or work through it this time!!!! :shock: :D

I was reading Erin's experience with the MMAO and I do occasionally get a 44% off or 46%. Most of the time they have one of the worlds I own with a few dresses or hypnotizer when I get those percents. I know there is someone on the other side of that stupid machine just giggling away knowing I am not gonna push that buy button and just watching me cringe. Why, why, do I keep torturing myself?? I guess Alli is right, its that dream that anyone of those offers could be the awesome one with Lunar Lakes and Lucky Palms in the same offer for free!! :lol:

Edited: I just saw the new set. I will push the buy button. I love anything to do with gardening as long as it is not OE gardening.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    :mrgreen: You guys!!! :mrgreen: :thumbup:

*Goes back to waiting for Serenity Retreat and checking MMAO for Lunar Lakes*
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    bekkasan wrote:
    Okie, I will chip in and quit whining about a change until James gets his serenity and I sure hope he doesn't sleep or work through it this time!!!! :shock: :D

I was reading Erin's experience with the MMAO and I do occasionally get a 44% off or 46%. Most of the time they have one of the worlds I own with a few dresses or hypnotizer when I get those percents. I know there is someone on the other side of that stupid machine just giggling away knowing I am not gonna push that buy button and just watching me cringe. Why, why, do I keep torturing myself?? I guess Alli is right, its that dream that anyone of those offers could be the awesome one with Lunar Lakes and Lucky Palms in the same offer for free!! :lol:

Edited: I just saw the new set. I will push the buy button. I love anything to do with gardening as long as it is not OE gardening.

I hope you do get LL and LP in the same offer for free. That would be super cool. :mrgreen: Of course since MMAO is evil we are more likely to get two worlds that we already own for free instead. :lol: Yikes, now that I have said it outloud it will probably really happen. :XD:

The new set is really pretty, I was a bit disappointed that it didn't have any new clothing for males, but I still think it has some pretty great items. The two chairs are wonderful, and I really like that dainty dress with jacket, plus I can never get enough of new plants and harvestables, so that set makes me happy. I hope that next months set is just as nice, but comes with some male clothing.
    Jimboola11 wrote:
    :mrgreen: You guys!!! :mrgreen: :thumbup:

*Goes back to waiting for Serenity Retreat and checking MMAO for Lunar Lakes*
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    emmiemouseemmiemouse Posts: 155 New Member
    edited March 2014
    I don't know if this will help anyone else, but I always check the set and compilations that an item belongs to - even when I don't necessarily want that item or outfit. Sometimes buying the sale item, reduces the set enough that I can get the parts I <did> want for cheaper. :) For example, buying the 100 point window on sale for 75 knocked 150 points off the set. I doubled my return! :)

Have to agree with everyone about MMAO (Make Me An Offer). After the initial "woohoo" when it first came out - the last week has been a complete bust for me. :'( Lots of clothes and 1950's era items that I'm not interested in collecting and no amount of fabric tweaking in CAS will fix.

But all in all - this week's sale page is GREAT! The wedding sets that having been CYS - are now on sale AND the discount for CYS is included! :) Yay for small victories!!!
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited March 2014
    That Blue Hibiscus was the last item I needed in that set, but I refused to pay for it since I wanted the other two hibiscus too. Alas, CYS on the Hibiscus Trio is the only option left for me now! :P

But, I'm certainly not complaining about a free plant! Maybe that'll keep me from splurging on the new set...
    Valgon57 wrote:
    You can use this to download just the blue hibiscus :)
    Thank you for that! I was dreading downloading that entire Featured Look, just for the hibiscus.
    bekkasan wrote:

You're absolutely right about that evil person on the other side of the machine! Still, I seem to have hit a bit of a pattern lately with these good percentages, so I'm grateful to be out of the 15%-25% slump, even if the items aren't great. *knocks on wood*

I'll definitely take Lunar Lakes for free! Even better, I'll have Aurora Skies too!

I know that I'm probably shooting myself in the foot here, but here's my needs-to-go-on-sale-at-more-than-40%-off list: Lunar Lakes, Aurora Skies, Grandpa's Grove (I'm so tempted to just buy it now), Grim's Manor, Skylight Studio, the Bistro, The Boardwalk (and I'll take Roaring Heights on sale too, though I know I just missed the Origin sale), Prism Art Studio and, maybe, Homecoming. Considering most of those are relatively new additions, I'm hoping mostly for Lunar Lakes, since that seems fair. In honour of Aurora Skies being out a year though, I'd like a sale on that on too!

If, of course, my wish list can't be met, I'll gladly accept Alli's Spring Simpoint Sale. :D

Now, if only I could stop hearing everyone's voices in the back of my head, telling me to get the new set AND Grandpa's Grove! I NEED both, but only have the points for one at the moment, unless I go buying even MORE points... eek! Don't tempt me! They're not 40% off!

In other news, did anyone notice that the discount on the new set seems a lot higher than usual (yay)? From what I remember, it's usually just 200sp, or roughly 10-11% off; in this case though, with a cheaper-than-venue set, it's 250sp (roughly 15% off). That's tempting me even more!
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    edited March 2014
    emmiemouse wrote:
    I don't know if this will help anyone else, but I always check the set and compilations that an item belongs to - even when I don't necessarily want that item or outfit. Sometimes buying the sale item, reduces the set enough that I can get the parts I <did> want for cheaper. :) For example, buying the 100 point window on sale for 75 knocked 150 points off the set. I doubled my return! :)
    Generally the first item of a set will have a greater price decrease than the rest of the items. For most items (anything after the first one) the price decrease of the set will only be 90% of the value of the items you buy. For more info refer to post two on the first page of this thread it will explain it better.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    emmiemouse wrote:

Have to agree with everyone about MMAO (Make Me An Offer). After the initial "woohoo" when it first came out - the last week has been a complete bust for me. :'( Lots of clothes and 1950's era items that I'm not interested in collecting and no amount of fabric tweaking in CAS will fix.

But all in all - this week's sale page is GREAT! The wedding sets that having been CYS - are now on sale AND the discount for CYS is included! :) Yay for small victories!!!

Thank you so much for the nice outfit! It put a giant smile on my face! :mrgreen:

It is great to hear that you are getting some nice bargains, CYS coupled with sales is so helpful, it can be difficult waiting for the sets we want to go on sale, but when they do and we get a good deal it really is worth the wait. :lol:
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    kellycot1 wrote:

I know that I'm probably shooting myself in the foot here, but here's my needs-to-go-on-sale-at-more-than-40%-off list: Lunar Lakes, Aurora Skies, Grandpa's Grove (I'm so tempted to just buy it now), Grim's Manor, Skylight Studio, the Bistro, The Boardwalk (and I'll take Roaring Heights on sale too, though I know I just missed the Origin sale), Prism Art Studio and, maybe, Homecoming. Considering most of those are relatively new additions, I'm hoping mostly for Lunar Lakes, since that seems fair. In honour of Aurora Skies being out a year though, I'd like a sale on that on too!

If, of course, my wish list can't be met, I'll gladly accept Alli's Spring Simpoint Sale. :D

Now, if only I could stop hearing everyone's voices in the back of my head, telling me to get the new set AND Grandpa's Grove! I NEED both, but only have the points for one at the moment, unless I go buying even MORE points... eek! Don't tempt me! They're not 40% off!

In other news, did anyone notice that the discount on the new set seems a lot higher than usual (yay)? From what I remember, it's usually just 200sp, or roughly 10-11% off; in this case though, with a cheaper-than-venue set, it's 250sp (roughly 15% off). That's tempting me even more!

If we can't get a Spring Simpoint Sale, it would be nice if they would at least change the DD and put some of the stuff you mentioned on sale. For me I would like Duke of Bows at 45% discount (hee hee, I'm greedy), Lunar Lakes, and also Grims. I only want Grims for zombie/paparazzi control so I was tempted to buy just Grims door, but since venues don't get CYS I know that I would regret that.

Let's keep holding out for that discount, because we know that if we can only be patient enough it will eventually happen. :lol:

Edit: Hit send too soon again :oops:

Regarding the price on the new set, I was really surprised at both the set price and also the sale price. I was expecting 1900/1700. I was also surprised that they are only charging 25sp each for the flower plants, since I expected those to be grouped together and sold as premium content, like Hibiscus Trio. The gazebo is more than I expected though at a high 300sp.
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited March 2014
    Mornin' All! :D

First off a DD update ...

we are still in rotation! :roll: The first repeat of this list is now on deal #153 and (assuming we don't get a new list just to really annoy us!) there are a couple of good set deals coming up this week-end - Ultra Lounge 2010 and Serenity Retreat.

Bohemian Garden? Haven't got this yet (I need an even bigger discount!! :lol: ) so, going by the set pictures ... I love having new garden stuff so lots of new harvestables and flowers is great. The gazebo and new the new chairs are really cool additions but ... only female outfits? Some nice patterns but can't say I'm wowed by the styles - but that's just me of course. Would have been nice to have some male items, maybe they'll bring out a companion set for the bohemian chaps?