Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CLOSED DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & Sales Help: Start 7 Dec; Repeat 31 Jan

Comments

• Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited December 2013
    I haven't caught myself up on this thread just yet, though I saw David's happy holidays picture (which is adorable and happy holidays right back at you), but I'm having a CYS EMERGENCY!

I won my first actual competition, EVER. I've managed a few small lotteries every now and then, but I won 1000sp in the Festive Picture competition! Yay! *happy dance*

But, I want to use those points to try to get two sets totally free: Farm Fresh Folk and Country Livin'. The only problem is, I'm a little confused on the math. I've calculated it one way, by trying to find the amount of points that, when multiplied by 0.9, will give me the remaining CYS amount.

Since Farm Fresh is currently 685sp for me (sale included) and Country Livin' is 180sp, I figure that I need about 750sp/775sp for Farm Fresh and 200sp for Country Livin'. That works well in the prize pool, so that's all good.

But then when I recalculated Farm Fresh in consideration of the sale, I ended up with a different number. Here's my working:
    Original CYS = 1125sp, so 'new' CYS (if I were to be gifted 775sp of items) = 427.5sp (or 425sp).

Then, taking the sale into account with the sale formula, I've got:
    x = (910x0.9)-((1400x0.9)-425)
    x = -16

OR, if I use the formula without multiplying the Sale price by 0.9 (which I've found can be MORE accurate SOMETIMES, but not others):
    x = (910)-((1400x0.9)-425)
    x = 75

Obviously, depending on what I do I get very different results. In the second case, I need another 75sp to get it to be CYS free, unless I hit some magical threshold. I know this is a little math heavy and there's a chance no one can answer this for me, but I really don't want to mess this up and end up 25sp or 50sp away from getting one or both of these sets. I'm down to 13sp right now, so if that happens, I could cry at missing out on my chickens and cows. :(

I swear, I used to be good at math, but I can never remember how to apply the formula correctly. Can anyone help me? *puppy dog eyes*
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    AlXANDRA78AlXANDRA78 Posts: 46 Member
    edited December 2013
    kellycot1 wrote:
    But, I want to use those points to try to get two sets totally free: Farm Fresh Folk and Country Livin'. The only problem is, I'm a little confused on the math. I've calculated it one way, by trying to find the amount of points that, when multiplied by 0.9, will give me the remaining CYS amount.

Since Farm Fresh is currently 685sp for me (sale included) and Country Livin' is 180sp, I figure that I need about 750sp/775sp for Farm Fresh and 200sp for Country Livin'. That works well in the prize pool, so that's all good.

I have never calculated prices with the formula yet, so cant comment about your calculations, but... in any case, it should not cost you any more than the prices of the sets on sale now... so why would you need 750/775 sp for Farm Fresh, if the cost of the set with your CYS is 685 sp?

I guess your question was, if you would be able to get it cheaper by buying individual items and bring the CYS to 0, or to buy it with the price it is now. For me it seems unlikely that you would, since the set is in sale, but the individual items would cost you full price, but only benefit for 0.9 of the full price... hmmm... maybe i try my hands on this calculating business. And get back to you, if i can get any sense to it.

ETA
    Ok I think you can only get your 1000sp as gifts, not as sp? Then I would see your problem.
    I used the figures you provided for Farms fresh, and even if I didnt know your current amount of items owned of the set, calculating it from your CYS before the sale, I got 150 sp worth. Using that, I got the x = -10 if you got 775 sp worth of more items. The difference is I round up to 430, not down... not sure which way the rounding is supposed to be done. So we got about the same result.
    I can not comment on the accuracy of the formula, so if you should count using full prices or 0.9, I do not know.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited December 2013
    Erin... :roll:...Not a math whiz and too early in the am. Sorry, you will have to wait for someone else to wake up. But, I did get 50 free points this am on the store front page so go look for those. EA/Axe ads this time, no potty ones. YEAH. :-) Grats on winning!

I also got Bahhas free with the sale and I only had 12 items in the set. Super deal. I love those windows and doors.

David: Sounds as if you are enjoying the videos even with the hard work. Looking forward to seeing them. Happy holidays to you also.

Drew, I can try to download them this evening after work. Am in the process of getting ready to leave now and it takes forever for my game to load and yesterday evening had to load it twice before it settled down to play. I will check here to see if anyone else gets them up for you today.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    AlXANDRA78 wrote:
    I have never calculated prices with the formula yet, so cant comment about your calculations, but... in any case, it should not cost you any more than the prices of the sets on sale now... so why would you need 750/775 sp for Farm Fresh, if the cost of the set with your CYS is 685 sp?

I guess your question was, if you would be able to get it cheaper by buying individual items and bring the CYS to 0, or to buy it with the price it is now. For me it seems unlikely that you would, since the set is in sale, but the individual items would cost you full price, but only benefit for 0.9 of the full price... hmmm... maybe i try my hands on this calculating business. And get back to you, if i can get any sense to it
    Sorry for confusing you! I just won a contest (yay!) so someone else is gifting the items individually, as they can't just CYS it for me, or actually give me the SimPoints to buy it myself. Technically, they could just buy me the entire set on sale, but the full sale price is 910sp, so I'm better off having them gift me items individually, even though each is only worth 0.9 of the full price of each. I hope that makes sense! Good luck working with the formulas! It's a little tricky at first, but I'm generally getting good at it... except when it comes to such backward things like this -- the extra variables of the sale, the hypothetical items, etc. just make it too much for my head.

I am thinking if I get 775sp worth of items from that set, it SHOULD work though, as I'm starting to think more and more my second calculation (where the set would become -16) is correct. Something just feels right about it, so if no math whizzes can come to my rescue soon, I might just figure out what I want based on that.
    bekkasan wrote:
    Erin... :roll:...Not a math whiz and too early in the am. Sorry, you will have to wait for someone else to wake up. But, I did get 50 free points this am on the store front page so go look for those. EA/Axe ads this time, no potty ones. YEAH. :-) Grats on winning!

I also got Bahhas free with the sale and I only had 12 items in the set. Super deal. I love those windows and doors.
    Don't worry about not being able to help! I thought it was a bit of a stretch, but I know the math geniuses check in every now and then, so I thought it best to ask here, before I do something silly. Also, thank you for the congratulations. I thought my picture was pretty terrible, since I'm very much not a photographer, but I guess I'm not that bad, so yay!

I'm so glad you got your full 50 free points and the BahHaus set free! When you mentioned that, I went and checked and I too managed to snag the set free! Free sets all 'round! :D

EDIT: Thanks AlXANDRA78 for helping me to check! I wasn't sure about rounding up or down either, but it's good to know that that doesn't affect the result much either way. It also is reassuring that another set of eyes and another brain has taken a look at it, so at least I haven't made any super wacky mistakes (I hope). :D
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited December 2013
    I hope they do get Romanza fixed! My CYS cost is pretty much the same as buying individually!

Hey, if Jimboola is around, I hope he sees the Three lakes set so he can get closer to getting the rest of his cowplant items!

ETA: Looks like that main page is drecting us to the Xmas items from last year, instead of new Xmas items. :( I'm even sad and I'm Jewish. I would have loved a little table top 'Christ-makkuh bush' (what we have at my house!).

Thanks for the thought sweetheart. Appreciate it. ;)
    (not been around much recently - busy work week).

I did get the Three Lakes set for 85pts, that lead me to look at the 'Killer Classics' Set. Here's a thing...

I have 81% of it, I have 11 of 12 items. I am only missing the 'Bellies of the Cow Plant Beast Arcade Machine'. Worth 200pts. My CYS price...210! :shock:

Now I may be thicker than a Whale Omelette but that seems kinda odd! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Jimboola11 wrote:
    I hope they do get Romanza fixed! My CYS cost is pretty much the same as buying individually!

Hey, if Jimboola is around, I hope he sees the Three lakes set so he can get closer to getting the rest of his cowplant items!

ETA: Looks like that main page is drecting us to the Xmas items from last year, instead of new Xmas items. :( I'm even sad and I'm Jewish. I would have loved a little table top 'Christ-makkuh bush' (what we have at my house!).
    Thanks for the thought sweetheart. Appreciate it. ;)
    (not been around much recently - busy work week).

I did get the Three Lakes set for 85pts, that lead me to look at the 'Killer Classics' Set. Here's a thing...

I have 81% of it, I have 11 of 12 items. I am only missing the 'Bellies of the Cow Plant Beast Arcade Machine'. Worth 200pts. My CYS price...210! :shock:

Haha, it is indeed an oddity of CYS, but I believe it's because the Cow Plant was devalued some time back, but the Killer Classics set hasn't had it's price adjusted. You'd actually be getting a really good deal, if the Cow Plant was worth more! :mrgreen:
    a.k.a. Erin
  • Options
    Whiteraven40Whiteraven40 Posts: 129 Member
    edited December 2013
    Yay nautical living for free as its on the sale page. I love a bargin :)

Also got the free gifts for the holidays on the sale page.

Are we getting a free gift each day? (I've been away for too long thanks to work)
    And on that note this is the thread http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/730445.page sunsetsorbet has started to list them on.

Hope everyone is well.
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited December 2013
    Kellycot1 - Yeah if it goes in the sale that baby is mine! :)

Until then I have my new Supernatural expansion to explore. My goodly witch has been going around the local bars chatting to male werewolves, complimenting them on their fur then rubbing their bellies!

As you do... ;)
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited December 2013
    Woohoo!!!! New sales page and something free for me :D:D Thank you sale page and CYS, I was able to finish the surf set for free, (so the wave machine and about 3 of the outfits for free) So FINALLY I can download David's youth center! And just in time for my sims' eldest daughter to turn teen!!

Happy Holidays to you too David, I love that picture! I just love that art style!! :D

Yesterday was rough...and I'm so hopeful today will be better.

I love you all!
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited December 2013
    Woohoo!!!! New sales page and something free for me :D:D Thank you sale page and CYS, I was able to finish the surf set for free, (so the wave machine and about 3 of the outfits for free) So FINALLY I can download David's youth center! And just in time for my sims' eldest daughter to turn teen!!

Happy Holidays to you too David, I love that picture! I just love that art style!! :D

Yesterday was rough...and I'm so hopeful today will be better.

I love you all!

Thanks, Victoria! :mrgreen:

And I completed the dairy set for free thanks to CYS, so I'm pretty happy about that. Now if only the Frontier set would become CYS-eligible. :(
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited December 2013
    Good Morning everyone, and happy new sale page day!

I notice they said they will be rotating sales over their 12 Days of Xmas, which is kinda fun, plus we get a free gift every day. I hope everyone is able to find something they need in the sales.

Wallin - Your Holiday Card is very cute. Thank you, and I hope you have a lot of fun over the holiday season.

Kellycot1 - I am always a little off when I try to figure CYS pricing with individual items, and I also notice that occasionally something will be worth less or more than I expected. It the person doing the gifting doesn't mind, perhaps you could ask them to gift you the 750sp worth of Farm Fresh stuff first (since it is the sale set) and hold off on gifting the remaining 250sp. Then you will be able to see where you are at on farm fresh, and if it is not free yet you could ask them to add more items until you hit your CYS target, and put the rest toward Country Living. Worst case you end up needed a little more for Country Living, and won't be able to finish that set until it goes on sale. But at least you would have Farm Fresh, and perhaps you will get lucky and CL will go on sale soon. Good luck, and I hope you are able to get both sets within your budget, let us know where you end up.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    APotts wrote:

I notice they said they will be rotating sales over their 12 Days of Xmas, which is kinda fun, plus we get a free gift every day. I hope everyone is able to find something they need in the sales.

Kellycot1 - I am always a little off when I try to figure CYS pricing with individual items, and I also notice that occasionally something will be worth less or more than I expected. It the person doing the gifting doesn't mind, perhaps you could ask them to gift you the 750sp worth of Farm Fresh stuff first (since it is the sale set) and hold off on gifting the remaining 250sp. Then you will be able to see where you are at on farm fresh, and if it is not free yet you could ask them to add more items until you hit your CYS target, and put the rest toward Country Living. Worst case you end up needed a little more for Country Living, and won't be able to finish that set until it goes on sale. But at least you would have Farm Fresh, and perhaps you will get lucky and CL will go on sale soon. Good luck, and I hope you are able to get both sets within your budget, let us know where you end up.
    I'm so excited about these surprise sales, and the mysterious free 'thing' everyday -- I noticed the silhouette for the 20th looks like the Sunflower from the Stones Throw Greenhouse in the Store page banner, so maybe that's a hint? Just don't blame me if that doesn't pan out! :mrgreen:

Thank you for the tip on having them gift me that first! I hadn't even considered it, but it would be very helpful to get this right. I'll ask and see if they're interested, because that would be so awesome! You're always so helpful. :thumbup:
    a.k.a. Erin
  • Options
    emma78888emma78888 Posts: 240 Member
    edited December 2013
    Does anyones sim points say null and EA account Balance say null? :shock:
  • Options
    MurphysLuckMurphysLuck Posts: 215 Member
    edited December 2013
    emma78888 wrote:
    That happens quite a lot. I also get a completely blank header-bar up there, too. Usually refreshing the page a time or three will set it right. (Alternately, you can log out, then back in.)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    APotts wrote:

Oh, as you mentioned rotating sales... I had another look at the sale pages, and noticed Zen Again is the only set for 45% off, unlike the others which are 35% off. And indeed, Zen Again offer ends tomorrow, so looks like we are getting a new one to replace that one. So if anyone wants it, better get it before the midnight, they might change it then.

To David: Thank you for the card, I wish you happy Holidays :-)

To Victoria: I'm sorry to hear you had a rough day, hope today will be better *hugs*

And to all who got some "free" sets on the new sale page, congrats! I havent been stalking deals long enough to get close with any set yet, except with Stänke which I did buy for 220 on last weeks sale with my CYS.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    AlXANDRA78 wrote:
    Oh, as you mentioned rotating sales... I had another look at the sale pages, and noticed Zen Again is the only set for 45% off, unlike the others which are 35% off. And indeed, Zen Again offer ends tomorrow, so looks like we are getting a new one to replace that one. So if anyone wants it, better get it before the midnight, they might change it then.

And to all who got some "free" sets on the new sale page, congrats! I havent been stalking deals long enough to get close with any set yet, except with Stänke which I did buy for 220 on last weeks sale with my CYS.
    Good observation! :thumbup:

I briefly checked through the Sale sets, but didn't notice anything like that. That's wonderful that it looks like we'll be getting the 'surprise' sets at a great discount!

As for my Farm Fresh Folk fiasco (try saying that 10 times fast), I did manage to get it for 5sp after the 750sp of items. Thankfully, I did have that 5sp on me, so I now own cows, and have a full 250sp to go towards Country Livin' and another set or two. Thank you all for your help.

It's 2:30am now, so I should be heading off to sleepy land, but I promise in the morning I'll be back with my head on straight and I'll read through everyone else's posts properly. I feel terrible that I'm missing out on the DD life, but CYS and Sales await! *hugs*
    a.k.a. Erin
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    The 12 days of free gifts is pretty awesome... though now I'm also wondering what they're going to be giving out and if any of it will be useful in my video. I hope we get a real Santa suit tomorrow, I could really use one of those.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited December 2013
    Jimboola11 wrote:
    I am only missing the 'Bellies of the Cow Plant Beast Arcade Machine'. Worth 200pts. My CYS price...210! :shock:

Yep, I'm in that same CYS issue. :lol:
    APotts wrote:
    Good Morning everyone, and happy new sale page day! I notice they said they will be rotating sales over their 12 Days of Xmas, which is kinda fun, plus we get a free gift every day. I hope everyone is able to find something they need in the sales.
    We really get a free gift every day? :shock:
    or is it pieces we might already own from the store? :?

David : Thanks for making the really cute Holiday card! Happy Holidays to you too!
    I love anime & manga, even though maybe I'm too old for some? :oops: Oh heck, what's age but a number? :D
    I'm also looking forward to seeing your video when it's done. :mrgreen:

I was also happy to FINALLY get those cows!
    SO only need that Tractor & oranges set!!
    Mmmmm, now I want orange juice!!
    (just TRY having/keeping that in house for more than 48 hours with teenage boys in house :cry: I NEED a REAL orange orchard!)

Wishing EVERYONE the Happiest Holiday season ever!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    kellycot1 wrote:
    I'm so excited about these surprise sales, and the mysterious free 'thing' everyday -- I noticed the silhouette for the 20th looks like the Sunflower from the Stones Throw Greenhouse in the Store page banner, so maybe that's a hint? Just don't blame me if that doesn't pan out! :mrgreen:

Thank you for the tip on having them gift me that first! I hadn't even considered it, but it would be very helpful to get this right. I'll ask and see if they're interested, because that would be so awesome! You're always so helpful. :thumbup:

You are welcome, I hope it works out for you!

I am happy about the surprise sales too, since I found out today that I lost a 3 month job that I had lined up, because their client backed out at the last minute. So now I won't be able to buy any simpoints until I line up a new job. Time to start looking for full time work again, because freelance work is just too unstable, and I am sick of living on a budget. :cry:
    AlXANDRA78 wrote:
    APotts wrote:

I didn't even think of checking on expiration dates, good idea. I guess it is good news that the set that will be swapped is 45% off, hopefully that means the other rotation sets/items will also have a decent discount.

I was able to complete BahHaus for free today, though it only saved me 100sp, because I owned so much of it already and my CYS was very low. I love all these sets they are offering though, it totally makes up for the BF/CM non-CYS nonsense. And I am excited to see what the free items will end up being. Just hope it isn't stuff we already own already. I do have the Sunflower, but maybe it's a Christmas version of the Sunflower, that would be fun. :lol:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    David : Thanks for making the really cute Holiday card! Happy Holidays to you too!
    I love anime & manga, even though maybe I'm too old for some? :oops: Oh heck, what's age but a number? :D
    I'm also looking forward to seeing your video when it's done. :mrgreen:

You can never be too old for anime and manga - I wouldn't be able to draw like that if that were the case! :mrgreen: I take inspiration from all of them, have a ton of wall scrolls. Rather than conventional books, I have shelves all over the house with manga on them, and now they're starting to line my floors because I have too many of them! Sadly, I didn't want to do art as a career though (not financially reliable enough), and only really put effort into it annually for an show they host at my workplace. Manga and anime though, I still look at that stuff every single day. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    APotts wrote:
    Just hope it isn't stuff we already own already. I do have the Sunflower, but maybe it's a Christmas version of the Sunflower, that would be fun. :lol:

It would probably too much to hope it was poinsettias?? :shock:
    Many simmers, myself included, would want that!! :cry::cry:

Alli, I'm sorry to hear about your job not working out.
    I guess many of us are in similar situations where things didn't pan out so well from expectations.
    RL/OE (lol) is too unfair & cruel. No wonder many of us cling to our Sims games a little extra. :mrgreen:
    You aren't alone. *hugs*
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    APotts wrote:
    Just hope it isn't stuff we already own already. I do have the Sunflower, but maybe it's a Christmas version of the Sunflower, that would be fun. :lol:

It would probably too much to hope it was poinsettias?? :shock:
    Many simmers, myself included, would want that!! :cry::cry:

Alli, I'm sorry to hear about your job not working out.
    I guess many of us are in similar situations where things didn't pan out so well from expectations.
    RL/OE (lol) is too unfair & cruel. No wonder many of us cling to our Sims games a little extra. :mrgreen:
    You aren't alone. *hugs*

A poinsettia would be nice, it would make a lot of people happy too, but as Erin mentioned that silhouette in the picture really does look like the Sunflower. I suppose that would make people happy too, so I guess whatever we get is fine. :-)

And thank you for your hug. :D RL/OE is indeed kinda crummy sometimes. Things just keep getting harder and harder too. One day they say the job market is getting better, the next they tell you it is actually getting worse, and meanwhile every thing from utilities & groceries to clothing & Kleenex just keep getting more expensive. It is indeed tough, but it is comforting to know I am not alone. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SimsAddiction968SimsAddiction968 Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited December 2013
    emma78888 wrote:

I've had it happen in the past. Log out and back in....
    HI! My name is SimsAddiction968
    I discovered Sims 1 summer 2001 when my youngest was 1 yr old.
    I bought all Eps & Sps for Sims 2 as they were released.
    I even bought Sims games for our consoles and handhelds.
    I have bought all Sims 3 Eps & Sps as the were released.
    I have held my grandson while playing. He is now 5 and plays FreePlay.
    I have pre ordered Sims 4. I have the Sims 2 mouse and waiting on Sims 4 mouse.
    I have a Freezer Bunny tattoo and a bracelet tattoo of the Sims 2 aspirations.

YES! I am addicted to The Sims no matter the form.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    58 ) Convoy Pants / 32 / 50 / 36% / 5 hrs
    From Mid-Century Modern Dining and Style Set

Next up -

59 ) Inferno's Fireplace / 3 hrs
    from Best of 2010 Collection, Full Ultra Lounge Set, Ultra Lounge Living Set

60 ) Provence
    from World Inspiration Compilation
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I hope you guys don't mind me interrupting your regularly scheduled DD listings. :lol:
    I only entered one of the contests you guys encouraged me to go through with.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/105/725751.page#11612505

(I chickened out on the 2nd contest for 8000 sp, sorry. I panicked at the time frame, my lack of building skills & stuff) :oops: :roll:

Hope you enjoy it at least a little bit. :oops: