Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Roaring Heights: Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    MalinKrogMalinKrog Posts: 26 Member
    edited November 2013
    This new world is interesting, can't wait to see what it's really like. I was just talking to my sister the other day about the need for another city... I do hope it is a city and not just another suburban little town.

I do agree on 35 dollars for gold is pricey, even if technically there are simpoints included. I mean it's holiday season and I gotta have money left over for x-mas presents ;)
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited November 2013
    MalinKrog wrote:
    This new world is interesting, can't wait to see what it's really like. I was just talking to my sister the other day about the need for another city... I do hope it is a city and not just another suburban little town.

I do agree on 35 dollars for gold is pricey, even if technically there are simpoints included. I mean it's holiday season and I gotta have money left over for x-mas presents ;)

If you don't need the simpoints, it will be for $20. ^_^

Or you can look at it in two ways when buying the gold.

$20 for the world + 1900 Simpoints for only $15

OR

$16 for the world + 1900 Simpoints for $19

• Options
    DCExplorerDCExplorer Posts: 724 Member
    edited November 2013
    Callum9432 wrote:
    It's not us that are having difficulties comprehending; it's you who's being fooled by clever marketing.

"like" :thumbup:
  • Options
    TamaraGrimesTamaraGrimes Posts: 135 Member
    edited November 2013
    will you be able to buy the gold edition at stores like Gamestop?
  • Options
    edited November 2013

If it comes out in retailers, it will be be like Dragon Valley and the Celtic Lands hopefully. They haven't given us the clarification on that yet. Hopefully we'll hear about it next month or so.
  • Options
    EPCOTfanEPCOTfan Posts: 90 New Member
    edited November 2013
    When are we due another update? I'm really curious on living arrangements. I've not got Late Night so apartment living would be kinda cool.

• Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited November 2013
    gayars wrote:
    SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! Ok had to get it off my chest :) So wonderfully awesome! A roller coaster, our fixer up car is back, roaring twenties, skyscrapers, a city! What more could we want???

Lower prices. :lol:

*jingles tin can*
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited November 2013

No.
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited November 2013
    Callum9432 wrote:
    It doesn't matter whether you get a world and a venue, or a world and points to buy the venue, you are paying $35 for that Gold edition of the world. If the world were for sale for SimPoints, you would be paying to buy the world and the venue together. If it's available for cash, you pay for the world plus the points to buy the venue. No difference.

And if you buy the gold edition and a new Alienware X51, you pay $634!
    Yet THE WORLD is still $20. Any extra money you spend on other things is just that, extra.
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited November 2013
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Okay, at first I have to admit I was spitting bricks to see yet ANOTHER Californian world, and I was ready to spit fire at this world and everything in it.

But who the eff am I kidding--this world looks INCREDIBLE! :mrgreen:

I LOOOOOOOVE VINTAGE~!

All I have to say is THANK YOU, EA! :mrgreen:

WOWZA!

The Fixer Upper Car has me DYING inside -- I want that frikkin thing RIGHT NOW. :x

And the Roller Coasters are gonna be in its own venue, too? That will be REALLY helpful to us simmers who want to recreate Clowntastic Land for 🐸🐸🐸🐸 -- yippee! :mrgreen:

And I'm SO happy that EA made the rabbitholes skyscrapers--that's all we were asking for in the FIRST place! *facepalm* :lol: When we petitioned for a city all the naysayers were like: Oh, you can't have LN highrises in a base game only store world~! :roll: And we were like: NO, all we need are shells and rabbitholes. Cram the world full of skyscraper meshes, and it will certainly LOOK like a city, no problem! After that, all you need is cool build/buy cc to dress up the residential lots to look more 'cityfied'.

That science rabbithole is frikkin amazing.
    The police station and city hall look like something out of a film. I'm getting Daily Planet / Gotham City vibes -- Sin City here I come~! ^0^

And speaking of CC:
    - The neon lights are just omg omg omg.
    - The Pegasus Llama is killing me -- I WANT THAT IN REAL LIFE! :mrgreen::lol:
    - The new lighthouse design made me giggle--omg that's brilliant! (no pun intended)
    - The Century Fence is so cool -- can we please get more gorgeous porch fences in the Store; these things are frikkin epic.
    - Random, but I love the new streetlight -- streetlights are very important to me, no kidding.
    - That mini palm tree is freaking cool
    - Out of all the hairs, I love the Wavy Bob the most -- I wish my hair could do that. :lol:

Splendid job, EA.

My only complaint is that we didn't get a number of new cars/transportation, aside from the Fixer Upper. :cry: WE really do need more choices, EA. :(

As for the California Craze EA is still laboring under (EA's driving me crazy with all this West Coast stuff, I swear :XD: ), thank goodness for World Editor -- that'll be a cinch to just remove all the palm trees and replace them with deciduous trees to make it look more temperate and less tropical. So I'm not too mad at EA--the world looks downright beautiful--I think it will be great blending and merging all the LP world CC with the RH world to make it look like Atlantic City or something. Cuz as much as I love the CC in LP, the world itself did NOTHING for me. So all my LP gameplay will have a much more interesting location to move to now--yay! ^-^ I can't wait to see what it looks like in winter. And at night.

Omg, VINTAGE!! :mrgreen:

You don't understand--one of the very first films I ever saw was Sunset Boulevard, and I LOVE me some black and white vintage eleganza -- Norma Desmond's one of my heroines, so YES. YES YES YES -- I LOVE VINTAGE!! :mrgreen:

^0^ VINTAGE!! ^0^
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited November 2013
    murfeel, don't hold it in...you're so funny and cute. :mrgreen:

With that being said, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!

Edit for typos :oops:
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Tadster91Tadster91 Posts: 66 Member
    edited November 2013
    murfeel wrote:
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Okay, at first I have to admit I was spitting bricks to see yet ANOTHER Californian world, and I was ready to spit fire at this world and everything in it.

But who the eff am I kidding--this world looks INCREDIBLE! :mrgreen:

I LOOOOOOOVE VINTAGE~!

All I have to say is THANK YOU, EA! :mrgreen:

WOWZA!

The Fixer Upper Car has me DYING inside -- I want that frikkin thing RIGHT NOW. :x

And the Roller Coasters are gonna be in its own venue, too? That will be REALLY helpful to us simmers who want to recreate Clowntastic Land for 🐸🐸🐸🐸 -- yippee! :mrgreen:

And I'm SO happy that EA made the rabbitholes skyscrapers--that's all we were asking for in the FIRST place! *facepalm* :lol: When we petitioned for a city all the naysayers were like: Oh, you can't have LN highrises in a base game only store world~! :roll: And we were like: NO, all we need are shells and rabbitholes. Cram the world full of skyscraper meshes, and it will certainly LOOK like a city, no problem! After that, all you need is cool build/buy cc to dress up the residential lots to look more 'cityfied'.

That science rabbithole is frikkin amazing.
    The police station and city hall look like something out of a film. I'm getting Daily Planet / Gotham City vibes -- Sin City here I come~! ^0^

And speaking of CC:
    - The neon lights are just omg omg omg.
    - The Pegasus Llama is killing me -- I WANT THAT IN REAL LIFE! :mrgreen::lol:
    - The new lighthouse design made me giggle--omg that's brilliant! (no pun intended)
    - The Century Fence is so cool -- can we please get more gorgeous porch fences in the Store; these things are frikkin epic.
    - Random, but I love the new streetlight -- streetlights are very important to me, no kidding.
    - That mini palm tree is freaking cool
    - Out of all the hairs, I love the Wavy Bob the most -- I wish my hair could do that. :lol:

Splendid job, EA.

My only complaint is that we didn't get a number of new cars/transportation, aside from the Fixer Upper. :cry: WE really do need more choices, EA. :(

As for the California Craze EA is still laboring under (EA's driving me crazy with all this West Coast stuff, I swear :XD: ), thank goodness for World Editor -- that'll be a cinch to just remove all the palm trees and replace them with deciduous trees to make it look more temperate and less tropical. So I'm not too mad at EA--the world looks downright beautiful--I think it will be great blending and merging all the LP world CC with the RH world to make it look like Atlantic City or something. Cuz as much as I love the CC in LP, the world itself did NOTHING for me. So all my LP gameplay will have a much more interesting location to move to now--yay! ^-^ I can't wait to see what it looks like in winter. And at night.

Omg, VINTAGE!! :mrgreen:

You don't understand--one of the very first films I ever saw was Sunset Boulevard, and I LOVE me some black and white vintage eleganza -- Norma Desmond's one of my heroines, so YES. YES YES YES -- I LOVE VINTAGE!! :mrgreen:

^0^ VINTAGE!! ^0^

Actually this world is based on Miami Beach (the mountains in the distance sort of make it look more California though), just google South Beach Art Deco images and the influence is obvious. But otherwise agree :-) I lurk more than I actually post, but I've agreed with all of your posts in city world threads and know this is what you and a lot of others have been arguing for for a long time.
  • Options
    bluepuppypawsbluepuppypaws Posts: 96 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Hi! I can't wait for this world! I wanted to know if I could add something to the Q and A. What gave you the idea of a roller coaster tool?
  • Options
    Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited November 2013
    This world is so exciting to me! I just had to add my astonishment and delight to this thread along with an official, thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU to the Store Team. I can hardly wait until December 12th, even though I won't officially be "on holidays" until a week or so after.

Congratulations, Store Team - you just keep getting better and better!
  • Options
    PhilGrochollPhilGrocholl Posts: 40 New Member
    edited November 2013
    I haven't been excited for anything new for a long time, but THIS!! It is definitely my style. Art Deco is one of my all time favorite styles, and this satisfies my desires greatly! I just hope we have lots of extra, large lots to build on. Cause it looks like we will have more stuff in which to do that, and I can't wait for it to come out. Great Job EA! Regardless of its cost, it is a must have for me, and have it I will!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    MRBEAN132MRBEAN132 Posts: 3
    edited December 2013
    ESalman wrote:
    Oh my gosh you know what we need for this world?! Electro Swing music for dance clubs! You know like the music from The Great Gatsby movie. I found a bunch on the internet that I'm going to put into my custom music folder. Finally I have a use for it!

Here's my list so far:

Parov Stelar “Chambermaid Swing”
    Tim Tim - Rum 'n' CocaCola
    Caravan Palace – Brotherswing (MAYBE)
    Bad Boy Good Man (music by TAPE FIVE)
    Bebo Best & The Super Lounge Orchestra “Sing Sing Sing” feat. Al Cafone
    +The music from the Gatsby soundtrack

Gatsby, Gatsby, Gatsby!! That is ALL I could think of! Jeez you must have read my mind!
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited December 2013
    The world itself looks pretty plain jane to me. Just my opinion. I like the retro clothing and the car. I'm looking forward to seeing the rollercoaster venue.

I might buy it just to get the sp. I feel like I'm wasting my money if I don't get the $160 package, but if I buy a world and get the points that come with it doesn't seem as bad. I can either look at it as paying $16.00 for the world (counting the 1900 points as $19) or I can look at it as getting the world for $25.00 and getting the points for $9.50.
  • Options
    babygirlrhodesbabygirlrhodes Posts: 366 Member
    edited December 2013
    is roaring heights like dragon valley. buy the the gold world and you could use the 1900 points you get back to buy a venue?
    short, black, & chubby.
  • Options
    NewYork7NewYork7 Posts: 661 Member
    edited December 2013
    is roaring heights like dragon valley. buy the the gold world and you could use the 1900 points you get back to buy a venue?

Yes that's correct.
    Although like Dragon Valley - you don't have to use the additional points to buy the venue you could use them for another purpose if you wish :-)
  • Options
    babygirlrhodesbabygirlrhodes Posts: 366 Member
    edited December 2013
    i thought so. thanks.
    short, black, & chubby.
  • Options
    lauriej0823lauriej0823 Posts: 411 Member
    edited December 2013
    figures I just exchanged $40.00 for simpoints two weeks ago. knew I should have waited.
  • Options
    Sparkysim2Sparkysim2 Posts: 359 Member
    edited December 2013
    This is right up my alley. I'd rather go back to the Golden Days than Into the Future any time. Love the styles of the 30s, 40s and 50s. This was my new planned town built for me. And now I won't have to see the townies and others not dressed right. :D
    "If I don't remember it, it didn't happen." CM
  • Options
    Jmiller1234Jmiller1234 Posts: 37
    edited December 2013
    great cant wait :)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited December 2013
    I tell you what I'm looking foward to adding my own stuff to this venue especially the La Cirula Set from the store.

Now I finally have a use for it.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I tell you what I'm looking foward to adding my own stuff to this venue especially the La Cirula Set from the store.

Now I finally have a use for it.

I've never heard of La Circula/La Cirula before? Think you can give me a link to that set. ;)

I know there is something called "Le Cirque Celebration".