Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Roaring Heights: Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• AliceinSunsetAliceinSunset Posts: 15 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Roaring Heights looks awesome! I love the theme and how it looks! definitely something to add to my Christmas wishlist!
  • keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    edited November 2013
    AznSensei wrote:
    Overpriced as usual. New towns don't have near the amount of stuff as expansions, so why is it pretty much worth one? Don't get me wrong, it looks nice and all, but really? 35?

Why can't people read the post properly... :roll:

It's $25 NOT $35. Please read again before you whine about it.

I don't mind if you don't like the price, but at least get your facts straight...

You might want to look at the store page again. Unless I'm losing my mind it says $35
  • AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited November 2013
    AznSensei wrote:
    Overpriced as usual. New towns don't have near the amount of stuff as expansions, so why is it pretty much worth one? Don't get me wrong, it looks nice and all, but really? 35?

Why can't people read the post properly... :roll:

It's $25 NOT $35. Please read again before you whine about it.

I don't mind if you don't like the price, but at least get your facts straight...

You might want to look at the store page again. Unless I'm losing my mind it says $35

No it's $20 (Correction, it's not $25):
    Will The Sims 3 Roaring Heights be sold for cash or Simpoints?
    It will be sold for cash. The Standard Edition is $20 and includes 100 SimPoints. The Gold Edition is $35 and includes 1900 SimPoints and the Boardwalk Attire Set.

Standard = World + 100 Simpoints

Gold = World + 1900 Simpoints

So no, you are paying $20 for the world itself, $35 is the world + additional simpoints.

edited November 2013
    And to further clarify the confusion:

Standard+Vs+Gold.png
  • piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited November 2013
    While I am extremely excited about this, part of me is telling me to hold off on getting it.

We already have broken premium content from Lunar Lakes- the tree of prosperity- that is so broken, that it is ruining saves. Then we have broken PC content from AS with the baby gates, walker, and playpen. Even the wishing well from Lucky Palms is causing problems. These are all causing severe lag and game breaking issues. These are Worlds that I really love and now can't play the way that I want.

So while I want to jump for joy that a world that I really want is coming out, I can't help but feel terrified about more premium content.
    edited November 2013
    piddlesim wrote:
    While I am extremely excited about this, part of me is telling me to hold off on getting it.

We already have broken premium content from Lunar Lakes- the tree of prosperity- that is so broken, that it is ruining saves. Then we have broken PC content from AS with the baby gates, walker, and playpen. Even the wishing well from Lucky Palms is causing problems. These are all causing severe lag and game breaking issues. These are Worlds that I really love and now can't play the way that I want.

So while I want to jump for joy that a world that I really want is coming out, I can't help but feel terrified about more premium content.

I haven't really looked into the thread... but it seems like it was Patch 1.63 that broke them. So anything released before it doesn't work (it seems). I think new premium content would function after the patch, but then the next patch might break them again.
  • mja017mja017 Posts: 289 New Member
    edited November 2013
    and that is why I use twallan's mods. when the tree of prosperity started messing up my game, he released an update to overwatch to fix this problem. he just released a new overwatch update yesterday or today, so you might want to check that out.

I totally don't understand peoples aversions to mods. There is nothing to be afraid of, they won't break your game, the whole point of mods is to enhance/fix oversights made by the games developers.
    edited November 2013
    mja017 wrote:
    and that is why I use twallan's mods. when the tree of prosperity started messing up my game, he released an update to overwatch to fix this problem. he just released a new overwatch update yesterday or today, so you might want to check that out.

I totally don't understand peoples aversions to mods. There is nothing to be afraid of, they won't break your game, the whole point of mods is to enhance/fix oversights made by the games developers.

No one was stating they were avoiding mods or anything. ;)

In regards to that, it's the fact people rely too heavily on mods. It doesn't help anyone if you try to tell people "Oh use this mod instead of waiting for a fix", etc. It shuts down the people at the store team trying to fix it, and honestly doesn't make them go faster.

So yes, mods are nice and help everyone, but are not required, and at the same time should not be necessary for anything fixable unless you strongly desire for it to be fixed instantly.
  • piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited November 2013
    Thanks I haven't been to Twallan's site today. I spent too much time looking at the new world's pictures. Heading there now for the newest update. :)
  • ESalmanESalman Posts: 16
    edited November 2013
    Oh...my...God. I am so freaking excited for this world! I'm jumping out of my skin for this!!! Well done Sims team, well done. You'll also probably be getting lots more store purchases from me for the matching outfits by the way :oops:
    Ooh speaking of, All About Style has some nice matching outfits everyone!
  • mja017mja017 Posts: 289 New Member
    edited November 2013
    So yes, mods are nice and help everyone, but are not required, and at the same time should not be necessary for anything fixable unless you strongly desire for it to be fixed instantly.

I don't know where you're from, but I'm from a place called planet earth, and here I base my decisions off of experience. So based on my experience with ea, (remember a little fiasco involving a world called aurora skies? Do you also remember strategically taken photos of snow in said world that were shown to other earthlings prior to its release? I do. And I don't think it's cute that when I play Aurora Skies I have to set the season to perpetual spring or summer to avoid the unsightly snow problem there.) I'd rather not wait around for a fix from them.

So yeah, I don't have the time or patience to wait around for EA to fix their products. Why should I?

Especially when there are talented and reputable people like Twallan willing to fix other people's mistakes for free.
  • DijanaMenatasDijanaMenatas Posts: 624 Member
    edited November 2013
    Im pretty annoyed by this world. Like, seriously.

I only JUST started a new game in Isla Paradiso, then you go and tease me with this new amazing looking world that I MUST own >_< I'm not going to feel content playing in IP now until I get this world in game so that I can play.

I just hope the oceans are deep enough for houseboats and diving spots. Please say they are D:
    edited November 2013
    mja017 wrote:

I don't know where you're from, but I'm from a place called planet earth, and here I base my decisions off of experience. So based on my experience with ea, (remember a little fiasco involving a world called aurora skies? Do you also remember strategically taken photos of snow in said world that were shown to other earthlings prior to its release? I do. And I don't think it's cute that when I play Aurora Skies I have to set the season to perpetual spring or summer to avoid the unsightly snow problem there.) I'd rather not wait around for a fix from them.

So yeah, I don't have the time or patience to wait around for EA to fix their products. Why should I?

Especially when there are talented and reputable people like Twallan willing to fix other people's mistakes for free.

And there is no mod to fix Aurora Skies, so why are we using that as an example?

I wasn't being rude in my response, no need for you to be rude yourself.

As I stated, if you want it fixed instantly, then go for it, but please do not try to shove down people's throat that it's justifiable they should use mods and only mods to fix their game.

Mods are optional, true fact. You have a choice to use them or not, and you shouldn't judge people if they decide not to use mods. :?
  • ESalmanESalman Posts: 16
    edited November 2013
    Oh my gosh you know what we need for this world?! Electro Swing music for dance clubs! You know like the music from The Great Gatsby movie. I found a bunch on the internet that I'm going to put into my custom music folder. Finally I have a use for it!

Here's my list so far:

Parov Stelar “Chambermaid Swing”
    Tim Tim - Rum 'n' CocaCola
    Caravan Palace – Brotherswing (MAYBE)
    Bad Boy Good Man (music by TAPE FIVE)
    Bebo Best & The Super Lounge Orchestra “Sing Sing Sing” feat. Al Cafone
    +The music from the Gatsby soundtrack
  • garrison17garrison17 Posts: 362 Member
    edited November 2013
    AznSensei wrote:
    And to further clarify the confusion:

Standard+Vs+Gold.png
    AznSensei is correct except the Gold world is actually only 16.00 dollars and cheaper than the reg. non- gold world- 1900 extra Sim points is as good as cash- and who can really resist the venue- its a bargin-
  • MoonriseKingdomMoonriseKingdom Posts: 480 Member
    edited November 2013
    Im pretty annoyed by this world. Like, seriously.

I only JUST started a new game in Isla Paradiso, then you go and tease me with this new amazing looking world that I MUST own >_< I'm not going to feel content playing in IP now until I get this world in game so that I can play.

I just hope the oceans are deep enough for houseboats and diving spots. Please say they are D:
    You can always move them?
    Isla Paradiso is the most borked world ever, it is so laggy and you can barely play it.

I think this world looks really good, I must have it!
  • DIDIKIDIDIKI Posts: 5 New Member
    edited November 2013
    This new city is awesome!I can't wait for this..!But I wonder if it will come out in retail stores or not and when?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited November 2013
    piddlesim wrote:

Simguru Brett says their looking into the broken premium content that was caused by the patch.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited November 2013
    Beautiful world, but I'm more interested in the Boardwalk venue.

Dang, I wish I wasn't saving up for a new car!
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • FishkickingGiraffeFishkickingGiraffe Posts: 544 Member
    edited November 2013
    I'm really looking forward to get my greasy little mitts on this world, if not for the world itself but all the content. Love this style and can't wait to see what creative folk can do with it whilst jealously wishing it was me who thought to do that first:)
    Looked at the related content to see what I had of it and was a little surprised to see that the Regency Arcade wasn't listed. I thought that the style was the same era give or take a few years. Am I completely wrong? I'm happy to be wrong as I still love the set and will still use that stuff along with my Jazz age and Diva things, just willing to be educated :)

Reading through this thread someone mention Boardwalk Empire. Got me wondering how many TV shows could be recreated using worlds, like DV - Game of Thrones and AS for Haven or that series where Harry (?) was the groom but also the killer and rampaged his way round the island with his maybe father (can't think of the name of that one).
  • vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    edited November 2013
    The world looks awesome, it's just missing a working train station. I think of **** Tracy movies and Alfred 🐸🐸🐸🐸 movies.
  • FishkickingGiraffeFishkickingGiraffe Posts: 544 Member
    edited November 2013
    vcosley wrote:
    The world looks awesome, it's just missing a working train station. I think of **** Tracy movies and Alfred 🐸🐸🐸🐸 movies.

Poor Richard Tracy doomed to anonymity but old Alf got a pass :D
  • vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    edited November 2013
    ESalman wrote:
    Oh my gosh you know what we need for this world?! Electro Swing music for dance clubs! You know like the music from The Great Gatsby movie. I found a bunch on the internet that I'm going to put into my custom music folder. Finally I have a use for it!

Here's my list so far:

Parov Stelar “Chambermaid Swing”
    Tim Tim - Rum 'n' CocaCola
    Caravan Palace – Brotherswing (MAYBE)
    Bad Boy Good Man (music by TAPE FIVE)
    Bebo Best & The Super Lounge Orchestra “Sing Sing Sing” feat. Al Cafone
    +The music from the Gatsby soundtrack

It is also missing a vintage train station. Trains were used a lot back then.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited November 2013
    I guess we are not getting a ferris wheel? I wonder if the Sims can fall out of those little cars?
  • igzigpuffigzigpuff Posts: 2,634 Member
    edited November 2013
    candy8 wrote:
    I guess we are not getting a ferris wheel? I wonder if the Sims can fall out of those little cars?

A Ferris wheel would have been nice :mrgreen: ...as well as our Sims falling out of the roller coaster cars! 8) Death by roller coaster, Yes?!!? :lol:

This new world looks great. :mrgreen: