Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Roaring Heights: Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    planettvplanettv Posts: 207 Member
    edited December 2013
    I think it's horse pucky that you can't buy it with points. Why are Roaring Heights and Dragon Valley cash only? The others can be bought with points.

It probably has something to do with there being retail version because Monte Vista and Barnacle Bay are that way to.
  • Options
    Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited December 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    Hey,

I'm a bit concerned about what was said in the broadcast about the retail version.

As far as I understood there won't be an North America retail version but there will be one for Europe.

So what does that mean for all countries that are neither ? Will they get one ? Will it be available trough Origin ?

Problem is that there are many many countries that can't buy simpoint bundles. If they can't buy the bundles they have no chance on getting the world unless it's available on Origin.

Some clarification would be nice :)

EDIT: Russkii confirmed to me that there will be an Origin version for everyone later on. So all good. Now all we need is a date :)

Origin version for EVERYONE? US included??

Can you tell me what Russkii said??

I'm sorry, I've been really angry/upset all day at this world only being available as part of a simpoint bundle in the US, I'd really love to hear some good news about this whole thing :)
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited December 2013
    Jojo777 wrote:
    crinrict wrote:
    Hey,

I'm a bit concerned about what was said in the broadcast about the retail version.

As far as I understood there won't be an North America retail version but there will be one for Europe.

So what does that mean for all countries that are neither ? Will they get one ? Will it be available trough Origin ?

Problem is that there are many many countries that can't buy simpoint bundles. If they can't buy the bundles they have no chance on getting the world unless it's available on Origin.

Some clarification would be nice :)

EDIT: Russkii confirmed to me that there will be an Origin version for everyone later on. So all good. Now all we need is a date :)

Origin version for EVERYONE? US included??

Can you tell me what Russkii said??

I'm sorry, I've been really angry/upset all day at this world only being available as part of a simpoint bundle in the US, I'd really love to hear some good news about this whole thing :)

• Options
    YunaAngelzzYunaAngelzz Posts: 23
    edited December 2013
    Okay I can't find it anywhere please help
  • Options
    KittyKat000KittyKat000 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited December 2013
    So it's 1.40pm GMT and I still don't have the option to buy this world.

What time is this being released today please? It's not even listed as a bundle.
  • Options
    JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited December 2013
    It releases after 10am PST so thats around 6pm your time. Im in Australia and its midnight here, so it should be up by 6 or 7am my time.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    JBAG521 wrote:
    It releases after 10am PST so thats around 6pm your time. Im in Australia and its midnight here, so it should be up by 6 or 7am my time.

Thank you!
  • Options
    MileHighWrestlerMileHighWrestler Posts: 1 New Member
    edited December 2013
    OK, I have 17,400 Sims Points right now. Does this mean I have to buy more in order to download this world ($35.00 Sims Point Gold Bundle?). Or do I just have to wait for 11:00 Mountain Time (MST), and then purchase it with my current Sims Points?
  • Options
    swiirl73swiirl73 Posts: 73 Member
    edited December 2013
    When I look at the Store in US language and Norwegian language the date has changed to 12/13/13. It used to be 12/12/13. Anyone else noticed this?

I'm so excited about this world and I had planned to play this whole evening. Now I'm totally confused as to when the world is released... (Yep, I'm from Norway.)
    Anyone here who knows for sure?
  • Options
    JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited December 2013
    @ MileHighWrestler: You need to buy one of the available bundles to purchase the world, unfortunately. You can, however, use the points you have to get the venue.

@ swiirl: The site gives you the release date for your time zone. It also says 13/12/13 for me because Im in Australia. You need to calculate the time difference between Norway and Pacific Standard Time to figure out APPROXIMATELY when the world will be available for you. The worlds are usually released at around 10am PST.
  • Options
    ShivaTiffaShivaTiffa Posts: 7
    edited December 2013
    I am west Coast canada, also says 12/13/2013 for me as well which is tomorrow
  • Options
    ShivaTiffaShivaTiffa Posts: 7
    edited December 2013
    Not a good thing, changing the date to Friday the 13th

But perhaps you have found a way so that all the simmers here would be able to get this new world, as sometimes I think you guys pump out stuff without giving much thought as to what WE the customers want, and no dive sites .. really?

I would suggest fixing all that is broken, before milking us for all you can, also on that note...

What is the Boardwalk Attire Set?
    It is a bonus set that comes with the purchase of The Sims 3 Roaring Heights Gold Edition SimPoint Bundle.

What bonus a bonus that will cost 35$ sure sure I know and 1900 sim points, honestly where is your Christmas spirit..for once stop nickel and dimming us to bits, and then say you can have this world to some and no you can not to others.

Gaming is a big world now, time for you people there to step up to the plate, and deliver.

And yes I am able to buy this with the bundle, but will I…dunno.

• Options
    emma78888emma78888 Posts: 240 Member
    edited December 2013
    I hate that I can't buy it with the points I have :cry: but it will be worth it :)
  • Options
    Barney1Barney1 Posts: 19 New Member
    edited December 2013
    its 12.12.13 5.26pm in the UK and its still not available to buy
    store says available 12.12.13
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Yeah I know it's almost 10am PDT, What's the hold up?
  • Options
    swiirl73swiirl73 Posts: 73 Member
    edited December 2013
    Barney1 wrote:
    its 12.12.13 5.26pm in the UK and its still not available to buy
    store says available 12.12.13

When I looked in the store yesterday it said 12/12/13, and today it's 12/13/13. And in their ads it's still 12/12/13. I was hoping someone who really knows what's going on could give us info.

I'm usually not this eager to buy stuff from the store, but I've only played my game like 4 times since May and this world really made me wanna play again. Plus I have time to play for once tonight... :?

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Still says 12/12/13 to me at http://store.thesims3.com/roaringheights
  • Options
    Suzaku24Suzaku24 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Well it's officially past 10AM PST and the world hasn't been released yet. Is there a glitch with the system?
  • Options
    SpunkyBeliSpunkyBeli Posts: 915 Member
    edited December 2013
    Lol, it says it's available and it's not yet, :lol: My peps is kicking in bad for this world LOL
    First Sims 4 expansion = Wanting X tumblr_l9szamVtGc1qaj989.gif Squared
  • Options
    CaptainTHPS4CaptainTHPS4 Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited December 2013
    Yeah getting pretty worried now. Usually new store content is released by now. Come on EA, I want to get started! Argh :?
    My YouTube Channel!
    youtube.com/IronSeagull
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Nothing here in the UK yet and it still says 12/12/13
  • Options
    Jmws35Jmws35 Posts: 57 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hi

Its 12:12 noon here ins Houston Texas and the world is still not released as of yet does anyone know if there is a issue
  • Options
    IVAO04IVAO04 Posts: 2
    edited December 2013
    Great false advertisement. Release on 12/12/2013 - Here's a thoughtful concept,that is if you want to keep majority of your player base, release content on the date and time that you stated you will. If you do make a mistake, address it quickly, otherwise, continue to look like incompetent fools.

• Options
    cemole4235cemole4235 Posts: 344 New Member
    edited December 2013
    1:20 p.m. here in my little part of the world (Eastern Time) and still nothing, and the website still says 12/12/13. Not sure what the delay is but this is the first world I've ever been excited about so I'm anxious to get started.
  • Options
    SpunkyBeliSpunkyBeli Posts: 915 Member
    edited December 2013
    It's probably taking them some time to get it on the site, it's going to be well worth the wait. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on that car and to make a 20's style farm to upload today :)
    First Sims 4 expansion = Wanting X tumblr_l9szamVtGc1qaj989.gif Squared