Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Roaring Heights: Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited November 2013
    The car and the roller coaster are really cool. But I'm a bit sad that they didn't put in a saxophone and the long coveted upright piano.
  • Options
    BeautifulStorm71BeautifulStorm71 Posts: 752 Member
    edited November 2013
    If this has been answered I missed it.. Are the buildings going to be Rabbit holes or more like Bridgeport? Thank You =P
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited November 2013
    If this has been answered I missed it.. Are the buildings going to be Rabbit holes or more like Bridgeport? Thank You =P

I think those buildings are shells and sims won't be able to live in them. Hopefully we'll know more soon.
  • Options
    CMWarrenCMWarren Posts: 1,092 Member
    edited November 2013

I think those buildings are shells and sims won't be able to live in them. Hopefully we'll know more soon.

they are rabbitholes, since they go with the careers and town features. you will have to place your own shell skyscrapers.
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited November 2013

Rabbitholes, but still nice as you know... Apartment Living came with Late Night. I'll be adding my apartments to this town too.

While it's not a true city world, I am grateful they added a city-like world as we've been getting pretty much "towns" rather than cities.
  • Options
    Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    edited November 2013
    I am jumping, jumping, jumping for joys!!!!!! I am gonna get me EA Card and get this for sure as soon as it comes out. I am so excited, and I can't hide it......OMG!!!! There got that out of my chest. I looooooovvvvvvveeeee AMUSEMENT PARK!!!!! :shock: :D:lol: 8) :thumbup: :XD:
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    edited November 2013
    AznSensei wrote:

Rabbitholes, but still nice as you know... Apartment Living came with Late Night. I'll be adding my apartments to this town too.

While it's not a true city world, I am grateful they added a city-like world as we've been getting pretty much "towns" rather than cities.

Apparently not all of them might be rabbitholes :shock: See SimGuruCopeland's post in this thread here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/1050/726055.page (scroll down towards the bottom of the page).
  • Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited November 2013
    AznSensei wrote:

Apparently not all of them might be rabbitholes :shock: See SimGuruCopeland's post in this thread here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/1050/726055.page (scroll down towards the bottom of the page).

that would be nice, we do need some new skyscrapers!

cant wait for this world, im probably have to build my own roller coaster for the world im playing in tho, hopefully its possible.
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    edited November 2013
    AznSensei wrote:
    piddlesim wrote:
    While I am extremely excited about this, part of me is telling me to hold off on getting it.

We already have broken premium content from Lunar Lakes- the tree of prosperity- that is so broken, that it is ruining saves. Then we have broken PC content from AS with the baby gates, walker, and playpen. Even the wishing well from Lucky Palms is causing problems. These are all causing severe lag and game breaking issues. These are Worlds that I really love and now can't play the way that I want.

So while I want to jump for joy that a world that I really want is coming out, I can't help but feel terrified about more premium content.

I haven't really looked into the thread... but it seems like it was Patch 1.63 that broke them. So anything released before it doesn't work (it seems). I think new premium content would function after the patch, but then the next patch might break them again.

It's not so much the premium content that is the problem, but rather that Patch 1.63 caused them to break, just as AznSensei says.
    This is why I won't load up the latest patch not only don't I have Into The future (which it's mainly for) but I'm not putting at risk the PC content and saves I already have. My game is fine the way it is and I just won't risk it. (There's a thread someone started all about this issue on the store forum)

However I strongly suspect this rollercoaster will need the coding from Patch 1.63 as it may share the Monorail coding. I'd love for a Guru to confirm this one way or the other. The tractor works perfectly on Patch Level 1.57 and I very much hope this will too, but would like clarification on that.
  • Options
    Amie1985Amie1985 Posts: 24 New Member
    edited November 2013
    This is exactly the type of world I was waiting for! So excited!!
    Question though, will there be Dive Spots to scuba dive in the ocean??? :D
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited November 2013
    AznSensei wrote:
    Evalen wrote:
    AznSensei wrote:
    And to further clarify the confusion:

Standard+Vs+Gold.png

Well no matter how you read it you have to put up cash of $35. regardless of the extra sim points. Someone who does not want the sim points. Not sure it you will have to use the sims points for the new venue.

edited: stated from EA

You can use the Bonus SimPoints that come with the Gold Edition Bundle on anything you wish, but we recommend The Boardwalk Venue. This venue has been designed specifically with Roaring Heights in mind.

Did you not even pay attention to the $20.... You can PURCHASE THE WORLD FOR $20, AND I REPEAT 20 FREAKING BUCKS.

Forget the venue, forget the 1900 Simpoints.

The world is $20, and that is a FACT.

Don't twist and turn or make things difficult, as it seems to be a popular stupid trend to say the world costs $35 when it doesn't or to say people have to fork $35 to purchase the world.

NO!

Maybe they need to stop selling the Gold Editions, and make people miss out on the savings on simpoints just to get people to shut up about the world being $35, because it's NOT.

It is not difficult to comprehend people.... seriously.

Azn,

you know you can't argue with a dunce. I'm of the belief these people are being intentionally argumentative. Either that or their reading comprehension skills are seriously lacking.
  • Options
    Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    edited November 2013
    Please EA if you could just get rid of horses from the wild animals that spawn. Please please please with sprinkles on top.
  • Options
    Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    edited November 2013
    orkhid22 wrote:
    AznSensei wrote:
    Evalen wrote:
    AznSensei wrote:

Standard+Vs+Gold.png

Well no matter how you read it you have to put up cash of $35. regardless of the extra sim points. Someone who does not want the sim points. Not sure it you will have to use the sims points for the new venue.

You can use the Bonus SimPoints that come with the Gold Edition Bundle on anything you wish, but we recommend The Boardwalk Venue. This venue has been designed specifically with Roaring Heights in mind.

Did you not even pay attention to the $20.... You can PURCHASE THE WORLD FOR $20, AND I REPEAT 20 FREAKING BUCKS.

Don't twist and turn or make things difficult, as it seems to be a popular stupid trend to say the world costs $35 when it doesn't or to say people have to fork $35 to purchase the world.

NO!

Maybe they need to stop selling the Gold Editions, and make people miss out on the savings on simpoints just to get people to shut up about the world being $35, because it's NOT.

Azn,

you know you can't argue with a dunce. I'm of the belief these people are being intentionally argumentative. Either that or their reading comprehension skills are seriously lacking.

Yeah, basically you are getting the world for $15 after they give you back $19 in simpoints. :shock: This means the venue cost more than the world. LOL :lol:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    orkhid22 wrote:
    Azn,

I'll just go with their reading comprehension skills lacking severely.

The Gold does indeed save you more money if you don't want the venue, but when people say the world is $35, I'm just facepalming and holding a fork in my hand... >_>
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited November 2013
    AznSensei wrote:
    Evalen wrote:
    AznSensei wrote:

Standard+Vs+Gold.png

NO!

The venue is supposed to be part of the world, just as the worlds you buy with SimPoints come with an exclusive venue in the Gold edition. Hence why you get extra SimPoints that are just the right amount for the venue, and, as Evalen pointed out, they even recommend using the points for it.

The only difference between this world and the ones you buy with SimPoints, is that the venue is bought separately. But to get both - and the venue technically is part of the Gold package, just like it would be in a SimPoints world - you have to pay $35, just like you do for a SimPoints world. The gold edition of this world is no different in price from the gold edition of any other world.

It's not us that are having difficulties comprehending; it's you who's being fooled by clever marketing.
  • Options
    GnjburgessGnjburgess Posts: 400 New Member
    edited November 2013
    ROARing Heights looks amazing! I cannot wait to play it on December 12th!
  • Options
    adupuis0adupuis0 Posts: 231 Member
    edited November 2013
    cool its come out 1 month be for my birthday. I will be buying it
  • Options
    samsonkflaisamsonkflai Posts: 883 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Looks interesting I've always been craving another city world since Bridgeport is like my favorite always. The question is though: will this world be classified in game as a city world though? Or is it a suburb code world again just like the other worlds.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Callum9432 wrote:
    The venue is supposed to be part of the world, just as the worlds you buy with SimPoints come with an exclusive venue in the Gold edition. Hence why you get extra SimPoints that are just the right amount for the venue, and, as Evalen pointed out, they even recommend using the points for it.

The only difference between this world and the ones you buy with SimPoints, is that the venue is bought separately. But to get both - and the venue technically is part of the Gold package, just like it would be in a SimPoints world - you have to pay $35, just like you do for a SimPoints world. The gold edition of this world is no different in price from the gold edition of any other world.

It's not us that are having difficulties comprehending; it's you who's being fooled by clever marketing.

No, that's an ignorant and stupid post because nowhere does it state you HAVE to purchase the venue, nor is it required to purchase the world. It's marketing as you say, but it's not required. I guess having options means that you are forced to purchase the venue. :roll:

Known Fact #1:

ALL WORLDS have ONE Premium Content tied to it. They aren't going to put more than 1 premium content with the world, and obviously in the past 9 worlds, we haven't seen multiple content.

Known Fact #2:
    - Barnacle Bay did not have an extra venue sold
    - Hidden Springs did not have an extra venue sold
    - Lunar Lakes did not have an extra venue sold

Known Fact #3:
    - They always find a way to release venues, heck there's even standalone venues that don't come with the world. They will ALWAYS try to market "This venue would go well with the world."

It's $20 for the world, I'm not fooled by marketing. Venues have always been standalone, and they ALWAYS create something themed for the world.

They started releasing venues as extras for the world, because it's a way for them to make money, simple as that. Is it overpriced? Of course it is! Like any other freaking store item in The Sims 3 Store.

What if I decide to purchase the Gold Package and use the 1900 Simpoints for a future venue. Does that mean I'm paying $35 for the world.

NO!

Regardless, the world is $20, and that is a fact, please do not shove your personal opinions that the venues should be included in the world and not sold separately when clearly ZERO, ZILCH, NONE of the venues have been combined with the world and sold ONLY for $35.

You can prove me wrong when the Standard Editions are no longer sold and they only sell the Gold Editions. Until then, it's $20 so stop making excuses about it being $35.
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited November 2013
    Pugslover4 wrote:
    I am jumping, jumping, jumping for joys!!!!!! I am gonna get me EA Card and get this for sure as soon as it comes out. I am so excited, and I can't hide it......OMG!!!! There got that out of my chest. I looooooovvvvvvveeeee AMUSEMENT PARK!!!!! :shock: :D:lol: 8) :thumbup: :XD:

Don't get an EA card, you can't buy it with simpoints. You have to buy a bundle from the online store that includes the world and some simpoints. Or you'll have to wait until it comes out in stores in a couple of months.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    bklienhart wrote:
    Pugslover4 wrote:

Don't get an EA card, you can't buy it with simpoints. You have to buy a bundle from the online store that includes the world and some simpoints. Or you'll have to wait until it comes out in stores in a couple of months.

I think with smashbridges guide, pugslover can purchase the simpoint bundle with an EA Cash Card. ^_^

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/682856.page

• Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited November 2013
    AznSensei wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:

No, that's an ignorant and stupid post because nowhere does it state you HAVE to purchase the venue, nor is it required to purchase the world. It's marketing as you say, but it's not required. I guess having options means that you are forced to purchase the venue. :roll:

Known Fact #1:

ALL WORLDS have ONE Premium Content tied to it. They aren't going to put more than 1 premium content with the world, and obviously in the past 9 worlds, we haven't seen multiple content.

Known Fact #2:
    - Barnacle Bay did not have an extra venue sold
    - Hidden Springs did not have an extra venue sold
    - Lunar Lakes did not have an extra venue sold

Known Fact #3:
    - They always find a way to release venues, heck there's even standalone venues that don't come with the world. They will ALWAYS try to market "This venue would go well with the world."

It's $20 for the world, I'm not fooled by marketing. Venues have always been standalone, and they ALWAYS create something themed for the world.

They started releasing venues as extras for the world, because it's a way for them to make money, simple as that. Is it overpriced? Of course it is! Like any other freaking store item in The Sims 3 Store.

What if I decide to purchase the Gold Package and use the 1900 Simpoints for a future venue. Does that mean I'm paying $35 for the world.

NO!

Regardless, the world is $20, and that is a fact, please do not shove your personal opinions that the venues should be included in the world and not sold separately when clearly ZERO, ZILCH, NONE of the venues have been combined with the world and sold ONLY for $35.

You can prove me wrong when the Standard Editions are no longer sold and they only sell the Gold Editions. Until then, it's $20 so stop making excuses about it being $35.
    At no point did I say you are forced to buy the venue. I said that it is designed to be a part of the world, and if the world were for sale for SimPoints instead of cash, you would get the venue included with the Gold version for the same price.

It doesn't matter whether you get a world and a venue, or a world and points to buy the venue, you are paying $35 for that Gold edition of the world. If the world were for sale for SimPoints, you would be paying to buy the world and the venue together. If it's available for cash, you pay for the world plus the points to buy the venue. No difference.

As for "Known fact #2", what happened in the first 3 worlds is irrelevant, since every world since has included a venue. Original worlds may not have had exclusive venues, but plans change, and EA's plan changed after those three worlds to having a Gold version of every world that includes a venue.

Neither Riverview or Barnacle Bay included PC items, but you wouldn't say it's normal now for a world not to include one because the first two didn't.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    And my argument was that the world is $20 because the Standard Edition exists.

Did you not read the point of my argument? Some idiot whined that the world was $35 and too expensive when clearly it says World + 1900 Simpoints.

I don't even know why YOU are trying to argue with me about the Gold Edition when I KNOW THE GOLD EDITION IS $35 AND WHAT IT INCLUDES.

I'm not an idiot, so please do not continue bringing up the gold edition as it is clearly not what I'm focused on. Good grief.

Like I said, until they stop selling Standard Editions, every world is 2450 Simpoints or $20 in a Simpoint Bundle STANDALONE.

The venue is not locked either, so I don't know why you are shoving the concept of the Aurora Skies/Midnight Hollow Gold Edition (One of the most stupid marketing tacics) towards this retail package as it's marketed DIFFERENTLY than the other two.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited November 2013
    Earlier it was stated that some kind of themed clothing was coming with the $35 sim bundle or gold version of the world.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Earlier it was stated that some kind of themed clothing was coming with the $35 sim bundle or gold version of the world.

It's on the product page. ;)

Boardwalk Attire

When the retail version comes out (if it does) then it will be included as the bonus code for it, much like Dragon Valley and the Celtic Lands.