Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Roaring Heights: Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    mysticdiva2mysticdiva2 Posts: 699 Member
    edited November 2013
    AznSensei wrote:
    Overpriced as usual. New towns don't have near the amount of stuff as expansions, so why is it pretty much worth one? Don't get me wrong, it looks nice and all, but really? 35?

Why can't people read the post properly... :roll:

It's $20 NOT $35. Please read again before you whine about it.

I don't mind if you don't like the price, but at least get your facts straight...

The Gold Version is $35.00 AznSenei..... The Standard is 20
    So may be you should have read it a little better as well before you jump all over someone else
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited November 2013
    igzigpuff wrote:
    candy8 wrote:
    I guess we are not getting a ferris wheel? I wonder if the Sims can fall out of those little cars?

A Ferris wheel would have been nice :mrgreen: ...as well as our Sims falling out of the roller coaster cars! 8) Death by roller coaster, Yes?!!? :lol:

This new world looks great. :mrgreen:

I hope there is not any death by roller coaster, that would be grossly insensitive. Roller coaster accidents are horrific. There used to be a lot of accidents at a now closed down amusement park in my home state. Last accident I remember was a girl getting her feet cut off while on one of those drop towers. There also used to be an indoor coaster where the separate trains would often times collide on the track leaving a lot of people injured. That coaster ended up being removed long before the park ever closed. But anyway I don't think people being killed on roller coasters is remotely fun or funny.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    ariane_terryariane_terry Posts: 688 New Member
    edited November 2013
    igzigpuff wrote:
    candy8 wrote:
    I guess we are not getting a ferris wheel? I wonder if the Sims can fall out of those little cars?

A Ferris wheel would have been nice :mrgreen: ...as well as our Sims falling out of the roller coaster cars! 8) Death by roller coaster, Yes?!!? :lol:

This new world looks great. :mrgreen:

I hope there is not any death by roller coaster, that would be grossly insensitive. Roller coaster accidents are horrific. There used to be a lot of accidents at a now closed down amusement park in my home state. Last accident I remember was a girl getting her feet cut off while on one of those drop towers. There also used to be an indoor coaster where the separate trains would often times collide on the track leaving a lot of people injured. That coaster ended up being removed long before the park ever closed. But anyway I don't think people being killed on roller coasters is remotely fun or funny.

I agree. I really don't think it would be wise for them to put such a thing in the game.
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited November 2013
    When will the box-version be available worldwide?
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited November 2013
    Is this anything like a 1920's Miami? That's the RL city that comes to mind. If it's imaginary, that's cool too. Love all the content! The venue details have not all been announced, hoping more goodies to surprise us.

I'm wowed...the Sim Gurus DO read this thread! A retro city AND amusement park content, two things mentioned often :D

I like the fix it up car...one of my favorite hobby items from sims 2 ...and the pay-off is a retro car, very nice!

Here's hoping all elevator shafts are smooth as silk :D
  • Options
    BorisbBorisb Posts: 8 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Does this town have apartment buildings that sims can live in like Bridgeport or is that only in late night?
  • Options
    RevSteveWRevSteveW Posts: 10 New Member
    edited November 2013

So may be you should have read it a little better as well before you jump all over someone else

And as he stated the WORLD is $20, the world + 1900 SimPoints is $35

The SP are useful for anything you want, not tied to the world, so people should use the Standard price to argue, not the Gold
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited November 2013
    sharonxyz wrote:
    Is this anything like a 1920's Miami? That's the RL city that comes to mind. If it's imaginary, that's cool too. Love all the content! The venue details have not all been announced, hoping more goodies to surprise us.

I think the store team has done a mix again. The hair styles, clothing and the car look like 1930's to me. Art Deco became popular in the US in the 30's and 40's. The Deco buildings look more Miami to me but I think the boardwalk looks a little more Atlantic City.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited November 2013
    AznSensei wrote:
    Overpriced as usual. New towns don't have near the amount of stuff as expansions, so why is it pretty much worth one? Don't get me wrong, it looks nice and all, but really? 35?

I don't mind if you don't like the price, but at least get your facts straight...

The WORLD is $20. The same as every other world they have released for dollars since flingin' flangin' Barnacle Bay.

[img]http://lvlt.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/764/278/016/00/screenshot_original.jpg "height=432 width=576"[/img]

If you pay $35 you get the world for $20 and $19 worth of simpoints for only $15.
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited November 2013
    Borisb wrote:
    Does this town have apartment buildings that sims can live in like Bridgeport or is that only in late night?

Those are only in Late Night. The high-rise buildings downtown are all rabbitholes. The Town Hall, Grocery Store, Science Lab, etc.

If you have Late Night, you could probably add them in, if you can find a lot of the proper, weird size.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited November 2013
    AznSensei wrote:
    And to further clarify the confusion:

Standard+Vs+Gold.png

Well no matter how you read it you have to put up cash of $35. regardless of the extra sim points. Someone who does not want the sim points. Not sure it you will have to use the sims points for the new venue.

edited: stated from EA

You can use the Bonus SimPoints that come with the Gold Edition Bundle on anything you wish, but we recommend The Boardwalk Venue. This venue has been designed specifically with Roaring Heights in mind.
  • Options
    Anghara130Anghara130 Posts: 233 New Member
    edited November 2013
    I have so got to have this. Hopefully the routing is not as bad as it is in Bridgeport, the premium content works right, and everything goes smoothly.... but even if it all goes wrong I will still love this world... It just looks sooooo gorgeous, and the fixer upper car will be a fantastic addition!
  • Options
    MissElphebaMissElpheba Posts: 3,810 Member
    edited November 2013
    Roller Coaster!!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Soooo excited about this. My go-to management game before the Sims was Roller Coaster Tycoon.

I'm already picturing redoing the world as some sort of carnival wonderland, with items from the circus and magic sets, Supernatural and maybe even (finally) some of the Katy Perry stuff.

Oh yes, and the theme of the world is nice too!

Very, very excited!
  • Options
    LordDarthSimsLordDarthSims Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited November 2013
    Will I be able to use the radio, on TS3 basegame cars?
  • Options
    michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited November 2013
    I'm also excited for having Consort and Contessa Capp. I was getting worried that we may not see them in the Sims 3.
  • Options
    BD5141BD5141 Posts: 3,044 Member
    edited November 2013
    :thumbup: Oh I am so excited about getting this world and everything that goes with it. Now if they would just add a Ferris Wheel and a Merry go Round then we could have an awesome amusement park. Great job EA on this set hope it's all as fun as it looks. :thumbup:
  • Options
    DijanaMenatasDijanaMenatas Posts: 624 Member
    edited November 2013
    Im pretty annoyed by this world. Like, seriously.

I only JUST started a new game in Isla Paradiso, then you go and tease me with this new amazing looking world that I MUST own >_< I'm not going to feel content playing in IP now until I get this world in game so that I can play.

I just hope the oceans are deep enough for houseboats and diving spots. Please say they are D:
    You can always move them?
    Isla Paradiso is the most borked world ever, it is so laggy and you can barely play it.

I think this world looks really good, I must have it!

I know you can move them, but I don't like doing that. When I get a new world I feel compelled to start fresh. Also, my Isla Paradiso works fine, probably better than any other world atm...of course I did have to use s3pe and move a few sims around to get it that way.
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited November 2013
    AznSensei wrote:

Reread the initial post like others told you :? :roll:
  • Options
    kristenwoodskristenwoods Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited November 2013
    i cannot wait for this world! i really hope there are clubs to go to and lots of space to add things! :D
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Evalen wrote:
    AznSensei wrote:
    And to further clarify the confusion:

Standard+Vs+Gold.png

Well no matter how you read it you have to put up cash of $35. regardless of the extra sim points. Someone who does not want the sim points. Not sure it you will have to use the sims points for the new venue.

edited: stated from EA

You can use the Bonus SimPoints that come with the Gold Edition Bundle on anything you wish, but we recommend The Boardwalk Venue. This venue has been designed specifically with Roaring Heights in mind.

Did you not even pay attention to the $20.... You can PURCHASE THE WORLD FOR $20, AND I REPEAT 20 FREAKING BUCKS.

Forget the venue, forget the 1900 Simpoints.

The world is $20, and that is a FACT.

Don't twist and turn or make things difficult, as it seems to be a popular stupid trend to say the world costs $35 when it doesn't or to say people have to fork $35 to purchase the world.

NO!

Maybe they need to stop selling the Gold Editions, and make people miss out on the savings on simpoints just to get people to shut up about the world being $35, because it's NOT.

It is not difficult to comprehend people.... seriously.

• Options
    FishkickingGiraffeFishkickingGiraffe Posts: 544 Member
    edited November 2013
    And breathe :)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    RevSteveW wrote:

And as he stated the WORLD is $20, the world + 1900 SimPoints is $35

The SP are useful for anything you want, not tied to the world, so people should use the Standard price to argue, not the Gold

Your post restored my faith in humanity. Thank you.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited November 2013
    Will I be able to use the radio, on TS3 basegame cars?

No all these interactions are for the new store car only.

Alan Copeland ‏@SimGuruCopeland 21h
    @sextmattime The new interaction are only for the new car.
  • Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited November 2013
    piddlesim wrote:
    While I am extremely excited about this, part of me is telling me to hold off on getting it.

We already have broken premium content from Lunar Lakes- the tree of prosperity- that is so broken, that it is ruining saves. Then we have broken PC content from AS with the baby gates, walker, and playpen. Even the wishing well from Lucky Palms is causing problems. These are all causing severe lag and game breaking issues. These are Worlds that I really love and now can't play the way that I want.

So while I want to jump for joy that a world that I really want is coming out, I can't help but feel terrified about more premium content.

Simguru Brett says their looking into the broken premium content that was caused by the patch.

Good to know that the Gurus have noticed and acknowledged the issues. I look forward to the fixes and this new world too now. :)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited November 2013
    piddlesim wrote:
    piddlesim wrote:
    While I am extremely excited about this, part of me is telling me to hold off on getting it.

We already have broken premium content from Lunar Lakes- the tree of prosperity- that is so broken, that it is ruining saves. Then we have broken PC content from AS with the baby gates, walker, and playpen. Even the wishing well from Lucky Palms is causing problems. These are all causing severe lag and game breaking issues. These are Worlds that I really love and now can't play the way that I want.

So while I want to jump for joy that a world that I really want is coming out, I can't help but feel terrified about more premium content.

Simguru Brett says their looking into the broken premium content that was caused by the patch.

Good to know that the Gurus have noticed and acknowledged the issues. I look forward to the fixes and this new world too now. :)

Yea I saw it on Brett's twitter page. Their aware of them. They've been reading the thread in the store forum that was put up about the items that broke with the patch. Crincit was the one that asked him. I'll post the tweet.

Crin ‏@crinrict 11 Nov
    @SimGuruBrett Are you guys aware of this thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/723855.page

Brett Schmidt ‏@SimGuruBrett 11 Nov
    @crinrict Yup, we're investigating the issue from this thread. Thanks!