Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Côtes d'Ambonnay - a French Medieval World - FEATURED*

Comments

• Options
    Rdl9268Rdl9268 Posts: 226 Member
    edited February 2014
    Awesome job on this world! DL and played it today. I moved in Ciane's Royal family. It took me a long time to find the right house for them because I wanted to look at all of them. Every one of them was so beautiful! Thank you for all of your hard work. :D:D

P.S. I have never DL a world from the exchange and this one caught my eye immediately.
    rdl2.jpg
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,088 Member
    edited February 2014
    Wow! This world is beautiful! I'll be downloading it later. :mrgreen: Wonderful Wonderful Job!
  • Options
    jbeach34jbeach34 Posts: 34 New Member
    edited February 2014
    Just a couple pretty shots of Cotes d'Ambonnay in my game! :mrgreen:

ttb2.png

367z.png

And I also wanted to mention that I'm tenacious! :D(Or plain dumb!) But I was bound determined that I wanted to share this family!!!

So, now I present to you the all newly cleaned up version of the Duval family:

anq.bmp

They can be found http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8039937

And Jevon has been cleaned up too and he is http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8039936 . After a LOT of "sharing sim" (I literally shared him after EVERY little tweak - sliders, clothes, hair, you name it!!! :shock: Just to check him out in custard!), I found that it was his anchor tattoo that was throwing that "CAS no clothes thing" in custard! :?: And it's from the IP EP!!! :?

While I was at it, I went ahead and made another family!

The Dubois family:

k2v7.jpg

I felt like there just weren't any elderly simmies running around...so...!

They can be found http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8040754
    And the individual sims are in my studio!

ENJOY!!!
  • Options
    chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited February 2014
    Wow! It's a masterpiece! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited February 2014
    Sorry to be away for a day. I have family in town and just could not get time to post here.

Rukaya - The Colbert family is a fine family for Côtes d'Ambonnay and we thank you for this lovely contribution.

Rdl9268 - We are very honored that you chose to trust us for your first world download from the Exchange. Hope you love it! Thank you!

Springfairy - Thanks a bunch. We hope you'll enjoy it.

G-Knee - Wonderful pictures! Thanks for sharing! Thanks also so very much for the Duval and Dubois families. They are perfect for our world. I was so happy to see them cleared through Customs, this time. All their paper work was in order. :wink::mrgreen: They're wonderful!

Chealsycat - Thank you! It's our best work to date and represents eight solid months of building lots, not to mention the world sculpting and painting, etc... :D
  • Options
    xSorcierxSorcier Posts: 346 Member
    edited February 2014
    WOW! So great comments, pics and Sims :D

Sharon, your pics are AMAZING! Thanks a lot for them. You make me fill so happy for knowing how much you enjoy Côtes. Thank you so much for that :)
    About the NPCs uniform, I was able to change the uniforms using the Stylist option in MC mod instead of using the CAS. It works :D

Starsaphire, I've been working on the NPC save file for a few days now and I'm glad to say that it is done :D I'm currently getting the files ready to upload!

Reg, You'll not have to wait much longer now :) Glad to know you'll want to play in Côtes d'Ambonnay also. Hope you'll have fun and to live up to your expectations!

Rukaya Hope you'll have the deserved time to play! Thanks for the Colbert Family, they look GREAT :D I'm glad to have them for Côtes d'Ambonnay!

Rdl9268, Springfairy and Chealsycat, Welcome to Côtes d'Ambonnay :D Thank you for your Wonderful words!

Jbeach GREAT shots :thumbup: Thanks a lot for sharing the cleaned Duval Family! The Dubois Family looks Awesome also. I'm going to add them to the Bank now! Thank you again for them :D
    *I recently changed my origin ID from levijeronimo to xSorcier.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I'm very happy to announce...

The NPC Save file is ready and the download link is now on the first page :D

-The NPC Save is the Save file made by Reach with the basic NPCs added and properly dressed for Côtes d'Ambonnay. They will have the proper clothes assigned until they age up or die. After that the game will automatically replace them for the default NPC sims and uniforms.
  • Options
    jbeach34jbeach34 Posts: 34 New Member
    edited February 2014
    YAY!!! NPC file!!! (Now that I just finished updating my own NPCs last night! lol) But I'll give your's a spin just to compare/check-out! ;)

Thanks one more time for all your hard work on this beautiful world!!! *HUGZ!*
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2014
    Thank you so much XSorcier - will be downloading it shortly. Eager to check this world out fully.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited February 2014
    Thankyou very much for this save, I was waiting eagerly for it... running to download and start playing right now!!!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    CratosCratos Posts: 4 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I can't download it. The link must be broken. :(
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Downloading Worked fine for me Cratos. Getting ready to install.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    gypsy54gypsy54 Posts: 484 Member
    edited February 2014
    Any chance you can put up the link again?

I have been trying for about 4 hrs on and off to get the link to work and keep getting the msg. "Oops we can't process your request". The same thing happened yesterday too, so I tried again today.

I have used the link before , I just wanted to wait till I bought the store items you have used. I have all the items I need now and have been trying for a couple of days to get the link working. I have it saved in my favourites as well and I get the same message going from there and the exchange tells me "no results".

I am dying to download your wonderful looking world, please help.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Reg and junceda, you're welcome :D Hope you'll enjoy the NPC save and hope it is working well for you in game. You said you both were able to download the file right?

Cratos and Gypsy54, I'm really sorry you're having trouble to download the file :( The link is working for me, is this the link you're trying to use? the NPC Save file link? http://www.mediafire.com/download/yjbe8zgu8b9fcr0/NPC_Save_and_Stuff_for_Cotes_d'Ambonnay.rar
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for answering xSorcier,

No I was trying to use the link you had on the first page for the exchange. I wasn't sure about the NPC Save file link, is it the whole world? also I am not real good at installing worlds with rar, last time - the only time - it took people on the forum to guide me step by step, although I have saved all that info.

Needless to say I am not tech savvy.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Ok, finally got the link to work and have downloaded & installed your wonderful world. :D:D:D :!:

• Options
    edited February 2014
    XSorcier - yes downloaded and installed fine. I even checked 2 other browsers besides IE10 - firefox and chrome and had no issues downloading. Now I have 3 copies of this save. hehehe.

All I can wonder if they have their pcs up to date - as we stay right up to date always with our pcs in my household, including browsers and everything. SO I have no clue what their problem is. (There have been a lot of software updates and browser updates lately)

Yes, the save works nicely so far. World is amazing.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited February 2014
    Hi guys!

The link worked for me fine, and the save is installed and playing without issues, I was in Cotes yesterday for more than 3 hours working to fix the replacements and my own items furnituring and so on without lags or freezings at all, this world is wonderfull both in beauty and playability, thankyou very much again!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited February 2014
    Should I remove Reachsims save file before dling xSorciers save file?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Yes Rukaya - or not if you prefer to have one without the added NPCs - as it looks to me Xsorciers save is Reaches save with the NPC workers added. You just drag Reaches folder out of the save folder and place XSorciers - in case you are wondering.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Thank you Reggie. I suspected as much. By the way your pictures of your snowy home were lovely but I am glad I don't live there. My joints just ached looking at your pictures. I hope your weather will get better soon. We are supposed to get some rain later on this week. After 3 dry winters in a row things are really looking grim. Sad to read some farmers are pulling up parts of their orchards to save some of their trees. Food prices going to really go up this year unless a miracle occurs. :(
  • Options
    JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited February 2014

I hope I'm not being silly by asking this :oops: Reach, xSorcier. So, if you have the NPCs save file and the world download from the Exchange, does that mean you got the world as intended (well, the closest you can get without using the mods folder)? Does the new save file comes with any CC or employs the use of mods?? Sorry for silly questions and if they have already been answered. :oops:

And what does the mods/CC folder do to the world exactly? I'm curious. :XD: Customised rabbit holes, right?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I don't use mods or CC, do I still install that part? Do I just put the entire file in my saves or do I open it up? Big surprise I am confused. :?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited February 2014

Sorry Rukaya. The mods folder comes with the first save file. I haven't have a chance to download the NPCs one so I can't say anything about it. To get the NPCs though, you should place the file in Saves I think.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    OK I feel silly. figured it out. Need to get my brain in order. I think lunch is in order to raise my blood sugar up to normal. silly me. :oops:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top