Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Côtes d'Ambonnay - a French Medieval World - FEATURED*

Comments

• Options
    DiancarockDiancarock Posts: 563 Member
    edited February 2014
    OMG!!!!! So I was off of work and decided to check out some movies on Netflix. And came across the Tudors!! And THAT gave me the inspiration and a storyline to play in this world. I LOVE THIS WORLD!!!! AND.... I have a storyline!!! Here's come a legacy! :D
  • Options
    sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited February 2014
    Well Reach and xSorcier,

You have made the perfect world! Each neighborhood I place families thrives, it's a happy place :D

Great job on the NPCs, xSorcier, you have them dressed in their proper ensembles and the only oddities are the occasional crazily dressed paparazzi. The irony is that the sims adore them now that they are programmed to mirror their traits sets, but when they offend me visually, poof, deleted. Naturally now that we'd love them in Jester clothes, none in sight :)

Naturally, some things sims cannot learn. My sim doctor helped one of the monks who fell ill at a festival (no worries, a tummy ache), but the resulting emotions reminded me that these devout men were in fact sims who never learned decorum in such matters...needless to say, sometimes sims must part ways in a hurry. :D

But all is gorgeous, runs beautifully, each and every home is unique, an amazing feat, and charm exudes. No routing issues, or any isssues.

A Wonderful Gift for all who play this creative world. On my harshest scale of ten, it gets a twenty-two. Way to go!!
  • Options
    vickigohvickigoh Posts: 326 Member
    edited February 2014
    Maybe can use Nrass SP - Service caste to disable the aging for the NPC this way they wont be able to age and forever using the same clothing..
  • Options
    xSorcierxSorcier Posts: 346 Member
    edited February 2014
    Gypsy54, you're welcome ;) Now I understand what kind of problem you were having! LOL unfortunately the exchange has been down for me also too many times... The NPC save is just a saved game with custom NPCs added to the world, you'll always need to download and install the world from the exchange.

Reg, Thanks again! :thumbup: Glad you're happy with what you've seen in the world so far.

Junceda, Thanks for your answer and also for your amazing comments about our world :)

Rukaya, Sorry for confusing you :/ I saw that Reg has covered you already! Thanks to both of you :D

Jodi, You're back! :p The new save file does not contain any kind of mods or CC on it! It is exactly the same save as Reach's but with the added NPCs - Sims properly dressed and uniforms set to Côtes d'Ambonnay theme. NO CC was used. ONLY store content. :D
    The mods on the folder are:
    -Two wonderful rabbit holes recolors by Aminovas! Thanks AGAIN for that Aminovas :D
    To be more specific, they are default replacements, that package file does not add any objects to your game, just change the colors of the Police and Grocery rabbit holes form Monte Vista and the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Caravan from SP.
    -An amazing BurntWaffles's Lightning mod.
    -Too objects by Cyclonesue, the clock tower and the clock tower roof used on the Docks and Restaurant Lots. This mod adds two objects to your game.
    NONE of those mods are needed to play Côtes d'Ambonnay. This world is CC free and you can play without them.

Diancarock, YAY! So glad you got inspiration to play this world! Have fun :)

sharon, WONDERFUL words as always! You are so kind...I LOVE the way you talk about Côtes. Thanks a bunch for that :D

Vickigoh, Thanks for that suggestion! I'll have a look at Nrass SP, never tried that one. But I might love that mod already!!!

I think is my time to enjoy a little bit of Côtes d'Ambonnay now! Will I find any of you there? hahaha
    *I recently changed my origin ID from levijeronimo to xSorcier.
  • Options
    vickigohvickigoh Posts: 326 Member
    edited February 2014
    Nrass SP is fun as you can control by caste as that what i am doing to have a more interesting townies..
  • Options
    JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited February 2014
    Rukaya wrote:
    OK I feel silly. figured it out. Need to get my brain in order. I think lunch is in order to raise my blood sugar up to normal. silly me. :oops:
    No worries! Sometimes my brain stops working too lol :XD:

Yes, I'm back. :p And thanks for answering those questions! Sweet; NPCs appropriate to the world. Thank you again for the work you've done and to Reach too! Absolutely a lot of hard work and creativity and imagination on your part! :D CELEBRATE!!
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Hey xSorcier, how did you get your NPCs into the save file? Curious about this too. :lol: Not through Edit Town and swapping out all the households, right?

That's a good question about the lighting mod.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited February 2014
    lucyvp86 wrote:
    But....doesn't the lighting mod change the lighting for all worlds?
    Yes. Any lighting mod you use will over ride the .ini files in any world. You can use whatever lighting mod you like or you can use a lighting mod for some worlds and not use it for others. Every time you add or remove the lighting mod from the Mods/Packages folder, you need to delete the scriptCache.package file for the change to take effect.

Jodi - Take a look at NRaas Master Controller for all your questions about that. All the information you could possibly ask for is already posted there. No need for us to reinvent the wheel here. :wink:

It might also help to read the short page of instructions included in the Save file (either one). I don't think we could make it any simpler. :D The use of any lighting mod is a choice - you can take it or leave it. That information is also in the same instructions.

Everyone - Thanks for the lovely comments. I have been out for two days with the nastiest of colds but I am getting better. I haven't been sick in so many years I could not even remember what a cold felt like so I am grateful for that.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Oh yeah thanks for the details, xSorcier. That's what I mean. ;)

Thank you, Reach and sorry! I forgot there's that mod; been a long time since I've read up on it. Get well soon!
  • Options
    Starsaphire2Starsaphire2 Posts: 315 Member
    edited February 2014
    Thank you for the save files with the added NPCs! This isn't just another great world to explore, it is an exquisite and submersible Simming experience -- kind of like a Disney ride. :wink: And I thank you both from the bottom of my heart.

Reach, I'm sorry that you are ill. Darn! I hope you kick that nasty bug to the curb. It sounds like you've been busy (reletives in town, finishing up CdA, and being such an amazing go-to person for this thread). Perhaps your body is demanding a little down-time. I'm sending you healing thoughts -- along with an imaginary bowl of curry chicken soup, tea and crumpets.

After glancing at my message in preview mode, I actually laughed aloud at my abundant use of the lowly hyphen. Are your editor-fingers itching? :lol:

• Options
    edited February 2014

Some excitement: my first Cotes d'Ambonnay BURGLAR!

Great clothing choice, xSorcier :mrgreen:

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited February 2014
    Great robber. :D
    I can't find the school. Can't decide where to put those really cool monks. any suggestions?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Star - Thanks for the well-wishes and the sweet comments. Actually, my family brought this wicked virus home to me, so, what can I say? I am better already. :D

Eswen - Oh! I forgot all about the Traffic mod from NRaas. :roll: That will help even more. Thanks for all the tips and the nice comments. I'll ask xSorcier about adding the links to some of that content. (It might take a while for us to get to that.) Feel free to post pictures of anything that is amiss, content wise. We can usually identify an object immediately. Thanks for sharing the wonderful screenshots. Are you living in Sarlat proper or the docks area?

Sharon - The burglar is wonderful, no? xSorcier did a great job with the NPC clothes. Thanks for the photo! :mrgreen:

Rukaya - There are two schools. One is to the west of Sarlat, on the main road, on the way to the lake. The other one is next to the castle in the Badlands. They are both from Midnight Hollow, which you own, the School of Hard Knocks. EDIT: The monks can go in the Monastery in Sarlat, if you do not have it occupied. Otherwise, they can go into another home somewhere; any home that sleeps four could be modified a bit for them.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Dear Reach, thank you for the help. I was feeling frustrated as I experienced a hard freeze for what ever reason and of course I hadn't saved while I was adding some new sims. So have to start over. :( I did dl the houses you have on the exchange, and made a copy of the pilot's house, so did something right. I was trying to delete a game generated sim. Next time I will just dress them properly after I populate the world with all the desired sims and also not be in such a hurry. Also trying to figure out where to put that great group of fishmongers.. they are a large family, but not to worry myself about it will wait until I have the easy to place groups. :D All this after I take My kitty tabitha in for her shots. so much fun for both of us. :?
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Pierrot, Medieval Jester No CC

by sharonxyz. No CC. Johan Pierrot is a Medieval French Jester for Cotes d'Ambonnay world by Reachsims and xSorcier. A charming man who wears a Jester suit for all occasions, Johan is a virtuoso on guitar and violin with custom colored instruments, a party animal, charismatic, loves the outdoors, and is extremely social. Enjoy!

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8056625

screenshot_original.jpg

Here's an overall pic of the Spring Festival in progress:

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Sharon what an exquisite sim. Going to have to dl him and give him a recc.
    Finally finished populating this world. Quite a job. also have to skill up some sims. :D Also have to add some furniture to Sylvie's house..bare bones right now. Put the knights in the light house and gave them some more money. Looking forward to actually being able to play a game. It is so lovely. Well need to get back to rl. But hope to be able to play tomorrow and hopefully this weekend some time.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Rukaya,

Thank you for the compliment on the jester :)

I'm thrilled to have my final version in progress with the NPC save installed. I'm gradually backtracking to give jobs to people I moved in hastily, and other sundry issues. I did at least this time remember to do bed counts and give cribs to couples/families :D

I'm really having a great time with Cotes d'Ambonnay! I learned a little each time I restarted, so I focused first on populating Sarlat, then flowed to the docks; after a couple days things were lively so I started populating Armagnac, and have started the fishing village and the Badlands.

I changed my primary household once so far, as she had a lively life and bunch of friends. My current is less social and more serious, so I'm enjoying the more laid back style I enjoy by focusing on gardening and cooking.

On occasion when someone has not left their home, I hop to their place for a few and get them going a bit with a few skills and introduce them to some neighbors.

I really want to try story progression, but am scared of it LOL. Long ago I tried it once and the chaos bugged me so much as I need control YET would enjoy a bit of surprise now and then.
  • Options
    KotarinaKotarina Posts: 13
    edited February 2014
    Good day! Me and my little daughter is extremely liked this town. But when I download it, it was not populated and houses mostly not appointed. Could someone from a respected community to share files, keeping the town (population and ready for the game)? I would be very grateful, as I have very little free time, and the little girl is asking to play in this town. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Hi Sharon, I finally got a chance to dl and recc you wonderful jester. Also couldn't resist your Loving the Outdoors lot so dl'd and recc it too. One of the farm families I dl'd are going to be happy campers. :D
    I just jumped in with both feet and placed sims in all the areas. I probably should have gone slower as you did. Now I have to go back and skill up Sebastian Marye and Bonne Julie. But do need to play for a bit and see how the NPCs are doing. I hope I didn't create problems by placing so many sims in at once. I noticed that a family named Gibert came along with the save file, have to go change their clothes to go with the program so to speak. Do need to check on each family and make sure they all have the necessary furniture.
    Kotrina go to the first page and install the NPC file then you will have the shopkeepers etc. I think most of us downloaded sims from the sim bank also on the front page of this thread to populate this world as it is unpopulated on purpose. All of the sims shown there have been cleared by Custard and are CC free. Many have skills so are ready to go. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Thank you, Rukaya :D

The Sim upload of my whimsical medieval jester for Cotes d'Ambonnay. Just to show off his other outfits and the handsome face behind the mask :D ...and his shoes? :mrgreen:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8060361

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Sharon thank you for asking to be my friend, I very happily said yes. Your jester is a doll and his shoes are, well, I am at a lost for words. :D LOL
    After the library this AM. and some grocery shopping and lunch my hubby does a volunteer stint at the mall teaching CPR and other rescue and emergency techniques and I will be home deeply immersed in my game. Will place the jester first thing and then start skilling up the afore mentioned sims in the previous post and also Reachsims and xSorciers sims too. I am thinking I am going to have to really look for a place for the fishmongers, still haven't found a place. After I skill up those sims also am thinking of placing a couple of Irish sims that I made and uploaded for DV a while back. After all Scots and Irish did move to France to get away from the invading English so that would work. :D I have missed playing after having so many issues going on so plan to really allow myself some time to play.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Finally! Please pardon the two day absence. My body is fighting off this nasty infection that decided to head for my lungs first of all. :roll: I'm much better, thanks everyone.

Eswen - Thanks for the friend request and again, I appreciate all the helpful info. Hopefully xSorcier will have some time soon to add those links to the first page. (Your PDF file is most helpful, too. Thanks for sharing.) The info on removing the glow is great. It's actually a very easy work around. I hope it won't mess up too much of my lighting as I always have used custom lighting everywhere on my builds since EA insists on forcing their affection with the plastic-shiny-glowing lighting down our throats. Ugh. I saved the original SGR file - just in case. I'll add your links to my post on the first page also. And yes, Ready Boost is a help and lets me put off building the next PC with an SSD a little longer.

Rukaya - You don't need any of the lots in our studios. Those were offered early before the world was released, for various reasons but they are already in the world, and updated through either Save file you use. To keep things simple, I just add a few families at a time, play for a couple days and then add a few more. Sorry about the random hard freeze. I have random things like this happen too. By all means, do add the Scots and the Irish! :mrgreen:

Sharon - Thanks for the wonderful new Jester, Johan Pierrot! His clothes are wonderful! I did not have those Carnival hats installed for fear all the townies would start wearing them but I am glad they actually do have some use. :XD: Your world sounds very full now. I'm so glad you're enjoying Côtes d'Ambonnay.
    Kotarina wrote:
    Good day! Me and my little daughter is extremely liked this town. But when I download it, it was not populated and houses mostly not appointed. Could someone from a respected community to share files, keeping the town (population and ready for the game)? I would be very grateful, as I have very little free time, and the little girl is asking to play in this town. Thanks in advance.
    Rukaya wrote:
    Kotrina go to the first page and install the NPC file then you will have the shopkeepers etc. I think most of us downloaded sims from the sim bank also on the front page of this thread to populate this world as it is unpopulated on purpose. All of the sims shown there have been cleared by Custard and are CC free. Many have skills so are ready to go. :D

Welcome, Kotarina, to you and your daughter! :D

This world uses a lot of Sims 3 Store content, worlds and a few venues. Most of that is listed on the first page, in the first few posts.

A Save file which includes NPCs is available here! You can choose any Sims from the first page to add to that.

If you are missing Sims 3 Store content, you may wish to have your daughter look around the world and add any missing doors, especially. I know we used the Chamber door from Hidden Springs quite often. After you have replaced missing items, be sure to save a new copy of the world for safe-keeping. Use the Save As setting when beginning a new game so your edited world is saved with any edits you've made.

If you need more help, feel free to ask and we'll do our best to help you. I hope we left you enough room for your own lovely builds. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Dear Reach, I am so sorry you have ill. I hope you are feeling better and get completely well soon. thank you for the info. I know the smart thing thing to do is a few at a time, but I get so little time to play I decided to dive right in and place all these simes when I had the chance. After that big day, as I thought I haven't had a chance to play. with my hubby home more now that he is patially retired, I just don't seem to have enough "me" time. Not that I am unhappy that he is finally semi retired, I am, he just seems to take more of my time.
    I think I will add Brian MacKay and Morna Fingal when I add Johan Pierrot. Also I need to find a home for those wonderful fishmongers. Then I can start playing and skilling up those who need it.
    I think one of the recent patches took care of the threat of townies wearing costumes. I had taken out BB to prevent them from wearing the pirate costumes. But After one of those patches, I think it was Reggie who announced that problem was taken care of. I re installed BB and haven't had a problem, not that I get a chance to play that often. when I saw that he needed those hats I went back and dl'd the mardi gras set. Yahoo for free. :D
    Will see what happens after I place the Jester.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Thanks, Eswen. The Medieval Community Grill is from the The Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire venue. Installing that will also bring in a few other things you're missing.
    Rukaya wrote:
    I think one of the recent patches took care of the threat of townies wearing costumes. I had taken out BB to prevent them from wearing the pirate costumes. But After one of those patches, I think it was Reggie who announced that problem was taken care of.
    Rukaya - Thank you. It's great to here that one problem is fixed. It's too bad EA decided to take four years to get around to fixing it. Seriously --> :twisted:
  • Options
    ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited March 2014
    Just checking in. I have been so busy with work and school that I haven't had much time to play. So nice to see the new families and pictures. I'll be downloading them soon along with the save files. Maybe next weekend I'll have some time to play.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top