Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Côtes d'Ambonnay - a French Medieval World - FEATURED*

1323334353638...Next

Comments

• AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    I love this world so much.... except for ONE thing. The lack of 64x64 lots! And the inability to place one in the vast swaths of uninhabited areas! Why was the choice made to be so lacking in that department? Is there a way to add the 2 64x64 lots I need?
  • ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    Hi @AmaraRena. Have you tried using the Add Any Lot Size mod by Velocitygrass at ModtheSims? Are you able to delete the empty 60 x 60 size lots we left and replace them with 64 x 64 size lots?

As to why we did not provide that, I'm not sure exactly how to answer you. We provided what we wanted. I believe we also provided everything our followers asked for. No one asked for 64 x 64 lots. If anyone had asked, they would have been there. :/
    Reachsims wrote: »
    Hi @AmaraRena. Have you tried using the Add Any Lot Size mod by Velocitygrass at ModtheSims? Are you able to delete the empty 60 x 60 size lots we left and replace them with 64 x 64 size lots?

As to why we did not provide that, I'm not sure exactly how to answer you. We provided what we wanted. I believe we also provided everything our followers asked for. No one asked for 64 x 64 lots. If anyone had asked, they would have been there. :/

Oh please don't think I'm complaining! It's SUCH a magnificent world! While I followed its building I didn't realize I COULD make requests or I'd have begged for lots of big lots! LOL Alas, I appear to be still too chicken to get into modding. I'd need a tutor to come to my house and sit with me to learn it! LOL Sadly, this means I may never ave the Carpathian mountain Medieval world I dream of. sigh
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member
    Hi @AmaraRena not sure if I have the same copy of Cotes d'Ambonnay as you (mine is from the Exchange) ... but I have the use of 2 empty 64x64 lots ... one at '1 Route d'Armangnac' and one at '6 Beauharnais Island' if that is of any help :)
    Thanks for the info @Hidehi! I could not remember if those two particular lots were 60 x 60 or 64 x 64 and I have not had any time to turn on my game to check.
  • xSorcierxSorcier Posts: 346 Member
    Long time no see!! :( Happy New Year everyone! And hope you've all had a Big Merry Great Christmas, this used to be mu favorite time of the year until I get into to the retail world. Hahaha!

How are you all Cotes d'Ambonnay lovers?

@Reachsims thank you for the updates and the replys.

I miss this so much..
    *I recently changed my origin ID from levijeronimo to xSorcier.
  • flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    @xSorcier WOW!!!! Long time indeed! How are you? How did the holiday's treat you, well I hope! just wanted to pop in and say hello
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

Hidehi wrote: »
    Hi @AmaraRena not sure if I have the same copy of Cotes d'Ambonnay as you (mine is from the Exchange) ... but I have the use of 2 empty 64x64 lots ... one at '1 Route d'Armangnac' and one at '6 Beauharnais Island' if that is of any help :)

Yes there are two 64x64 lots. But I need more! LOL
    @flstrider I'm feeling great thank you! The holidays where very nice. How about you? I'm felling a "littleeeee" outdated about everything that has been going on here...

Hi @AmaraRena! How are you? We did place only 2 64x64 lots, and if I remember correctly the reasons why we did not place more of those where:
    -For me and @Reachsims the 64x64 lots are way too big for anything, if a world has lots of those sized lots fully furnished, the most probably thing to happen is LAG! We did place two of them because we we're sure that some one will ask for them in the future and we know that players like to have where to place their favorite store venues.
    -The other reason as Reach mentioned is the fact that no one asked more :)
    We know you're not complaining. May I ask why do you want more 64x64 lots? just curious..
    edited January 2016
    xSorcier wrote: »
    @flstrider I'm feeling great thank you! The holidays where very nice. How about you? I'm felling a "littleeeee" outdated about everything that has been going on here...

Hi @AmaraRena! How are you? We did place only 2 64x64 lots, and if I remember correctly the reasons why we did not place more of those where:
    -For me and @Reachsims the 64x64 lots are way too big for anything, if a world has lots of those sized lots fully furnished, the most probably thing to happen is LAG! We did place two of them because we we're sure that some one will ask for them in the future and we know that players like to have where to place their favorite store venues.
    -The other reason as Reach mentioned is the fact that no one asked more :)
    We know you're not complaining. May I ask why do you want more 64x64 lots? just curious..

Sure! I like big lots and I cannot lie... ;) But I like to put in things like redos of venues like the Last Venue of Amore, the Ren Faire from Dragon Valley, festival lots other folks have made and at least 3 or four castles, some of which I've built or am building. Castle lots for me are more like small cities in and of themselves and I put in things like gardens, the chicken coop, bee hives and the cows. Oh and stables for horses. And barracks and an archery range. So they just end up needing a lot of ground area.

All that said, I absolutely love Côtes d'Ambonnay and it is the only player made world I currently use.
    edited January 2016
    @AmaraRena I know a way for you to get two more 64x64 lots in Côtes d'Ambonnay.
    One is in the Haunted Woods on the Badlands island, the area outside the walls, if you bulldoze the lots 2, 3, 4, and 5 you are able to place a 64x64 instead. One of those lots, number 5 I think, is the Smuggle's Lair where we placed the Criminal RabbitHole, you have to hit bulldoze twice on that one and you might want to replace the RH in some other place.
    Other place is to replace other 64x64 lot instead of the 5, 6, 7, and 8 Route d'Armagnac, near Anglers' Bay, the fisher's village.
    You will not need any mood to do that, in you need any help just ask, I'll be glad to help.

Also, the Beach at Beauharnais is a 64x64 lot, and that one is a great place for a castle. I always had that it mind.

How does that sound to you?
    Oh huzzah! Thank you Sorcier! I had actually been wondering if I COULD do something like that but just hadn't known where it might work out! :)
    edited January 2016
    Great! Let me know in case you need help to place the new lots. I can send a save file with the those lot changes to you @AmaraRena. I'm glad we've found a way to satisfy your needs in Côtes d'Ambonnay :)
    xSorcier wrote: »
    Great! Let me know in case you need help to place the new lots. I can send a save file with the those lot changes to you @AmaraRena. I'm glad we've found a way to satisfy your needs in Côtes d'Ambonnay :)

Awww you guys are so super nice! <3
  • Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Just downloaded and grabbed the save file,looking forward to putting down my witch and seeing where the broom takes us.
    Hi everyone. I am just back from a long road trip that had me gone for about five weeks. I hope everyone is doing well and @Greenb70 - I hope your witch is getting along well in our world. B)
    Hey @Reachsims I need to ask you a favor! Can I stea....... ummm borrow a few lots from Côtes to place in a world I am building? I will send you a PM later to explain.
    NewSig.jpg

Hi @flstrider. I have not had a chance to check out the latest world you are working on but, as far as I am concerned, you are free to use some of our lots. I don't think @xSorcier would have a problem with that either. We built it all for the sheer joy of doing so and the more the lots are used, the better. I have family in town for a few days and will check out your world once they leave. Have fun!
    @Reachsims Thank you! I am working on a world that has a supernatural section I am basing on a medieval theme just for something different, this is where I would use your lots. Here is the world link to Eagle Harbor. I am also trying to recreate Stormwind and Elwynn Forest from the World of Warcraft and could use some advice if you or @xSorcier get a chance to look at it.
    NewSig.jpg

• GMGamerGirlGMGamerGirl Posts: 8 New Member
    Hi all! I took a long break from TS3, but I've been digging into some of the old stuff and I found this world. While totally late to the party, I cannot say enough just how much I absolutely LOVE this world and the attention to detail that you used here. I was looking for the perfect world to write my story around, and I kept fiddling with this world or that, and it just wasn't quite what I was looking for overall, but this....it's absolutely perfect. HUGE, huge props for sharing and the great work.
  • ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    Here I am in 2020, still playing the Sims 3 in a pandemic. I just can't get into Sims 4.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @Clayworld Join the club! And this is truly a beautiful world.
    edited July 2020
    It is an amazing world. I miss this kind of thing so much from Sims3. Sims 4, though the sims are better in a lot of ways, just feels barren and sterile compared to the worlds of Sims3.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top