March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Paradise Bug Thread

Comments

• Zandyr_KayneZandyr_Kayne Posts: 199 New Member
    edited September 2013
    After returning from college the Llama Mascot Sim was still in the foyer of my building and stayed there until she died of starvation. I think the game needs a timer for NPC Sims to clear out of the foyers at say 11:00PM until 4:00AM unless they live in one of the rabbit holes or going to work from one. They should be forced home or clear out as soon as possible. While still allowing for Sims that are invited to stay over to stay as long as they or your Sim wishes. Also it would be nice if you could ask the Paparazzi to leave or have them carted away by bodyguards at the highest level of celebrity :lol: when they are being a pest. Need to also make it so NPCs can't access the elevator if they don't live in your building and are uninvited. My current Sim lives in the building previously owned by Sims On TV bunch (Trawler Lodge). Paparazzi can go right in up the elevator and enter the living area and kitchen. Even some of the rooms with unlocked doors at times. Hello-o!! Home invasion!! Where's my bodyguard when I need one.
  • midge719midge719 Posts: 222 Member
    edited September 2013
    Im wondering is it just me or do anyone else have problems with the cast tool, for me it lags and picks the wrong thing to cast, I end up clicking the hand tool then click the cast tool again, also the collections items not being able to be picked?
    edited September 2013
    When I was sleeping in a World Adventures tomb using a Generations sleeping bag my Sim would reset outside of the tomb upon waking up. The sleeping bag would stay on the ground where she slept.

Sim would wake up, stand, then jump suddenly outside the tomb.
    edited September 2013
    All Sims on dive lot are still get reset to shore after trying to explore an underwater cave for the first time while diving. I think this applies to each individual cave. First attempt at a cave you and all Sims diving in the area are reset to shore. I don't know about what they were trying to patch with 1.57 that involved woohoo in caves, but it didn't fix the big issue of them. It had nothing in my case to do with woohooing just exploration in general. There were no tentacles at the cave mouth either. Even the non-household Sims (in my case Triton King and Cara Dregg) were reset to shore.
    edited September 2013
    Supernatural bug with gem cutting machine stuck gems in inventory...

Setting up the machine to cut a stack of gems and then canceling out causes the gem(s) to become stuck in inventory. My sister currently has a Sim with several stacks that are unmovable stuck in her inventory after she setup several cuts and another Sim caused her Sim to stamp her feet after getting in the way during his phone conversation. She had about 6 different stacks that were unable to be clicked on.
  • becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited September 2013
    Game crashes while in build mode usually when I'm updating a lot. This started happening with patch 1.55. I have a gaming pc with no cc or mods.

Please if anyone is having crashing issues with build mode post. I think it's a patch issue.

I'm having a crashing issue where I had none before. It is mostly in the IP world. Other games were working fine post patch, but IP world it seems to be full of issues and this was a fresh new beginning, not an old save.
    edited September 2013
    qlfm.jpg

So much for using any boats, my sim boarded, next he decides to swin through the hills, this game is getting worse not better.
  • SnapdragonSnapdragon Posts: 955 Member
    edited September 2013
    After patching to 1.57 Sims still climb the ladder of a bunkbed that is placed against a wall.
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited September 2013

Wow, nice routing EA has, huh?
    That can join my Sim that was swimming through the concrete flooring, next to pool, in backyard. Then she gets OUT of the water and had a weird "water-ring" around her head or torso area that took about 30 seconds or more to disappear. And the "water-ring" NEVER happened (to me) before the 1.57 patch! :evil:

Oh the "joy of waiting" for next month's fails when adding Into The Future to this mess, LOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!

I know it's NOT really funny. But if I don't laugh about it, I'll end up sending emails to EA that might get my account banned because I am SO angry at the sheer amount of FAILS since Island Paradise. What should have been my joy (since I adore beaches & water) is a headache...

If most merchandise had the amount of issues this game has had, it would have put the product out of business...AND SHOULD have been given a refund!
  • CaptainDino22CaptainDino22 Posts: 101 New Member
    edited September 2013
    midge719 wrote:
    qlfm.jpg

So much for using any boats, my sim boarded, next he decides to swin through the hills, this game is getting worse not better.
    yes it happen to me too I wanted to post my pictures but have no clue how to posted them is this chat forum. It all started with the 1.55 path for me my Sim would fall in the ground around pools and other places as well. I haven't played with the 1.57 patch long enough to see any fix on this yet. I also had my Sim walk on water and get stuck I have a picture, but wish i knew how to post it to show everyone.
  • SnapdragonSnapdragon Posts: 955 Member
    edited September 2013
    Swimming through land terrain started with patch 1.42 (Seasons patch) and hasn't been fixed yet.
    Dropping into the ground is an issue that started with patch 1.55 (Island Paradise patch) and hasn't been fixed yet.
    My prediction for ITF is that they will then route through roofs, swim in the air and begin to fly underwater :lol:
  • Kaike78Kaike78 Posts: 414 Member
    edited September 2013
    I had hopes that the latest patch would actually fix the bug where the sims would jump right back to land the moment they explore the caves but unfortunately, it doesn't seem like that was fixed. This is pretty annoying and disappointing.
    "Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

-Oscar Wilde

• chopin27chopin27 Posts: 764 Member
    edited September 2013
    midge719 wrote:
    Im wondering is it just me or do anyone else have problems with the cast tool, for me it lags and picks the wrong thing to cast, I end up clicking the hand tool then click the cast tool again, also the collections items not being able to be picked?

Build mode,espacially CAST lags so bad for me, too. :(
    ( I build with clean new TS3 folder in clean never played world.)
  • s_avgers_avger Posts: 5 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Hallo

I found something that I hope it can help. When you put floortiles on ceilings, sometimes you can see these tiles out of the ceiling like floating in the air diagonally (I am sorry, I am foreign and this is the best way I can describe this). Be sure to delete these, sometimes is hard to even see them. You have to navigate all over your lot and delete every single one of them. I had the same problem with reception desk like miniguy and when I deleted these, it worked.
  • MoonriseKingdomMoonriseKingdom Posts: 480 Member
    edited September 2013
    I uninstalled IP because it was too laggy, is it still? (You know, it freezes every 3rd second?)
    edited October 2013
    s_avger wrote:
    Hallo

I found something that I hope it can help. When you put floortiles on ceilings, sometimes you can see these tiles out of the ceiling like floating in the air diagonally (I am sorry, I am foreign and this is the best way I can describe this). Be sure to delete these, sometimes is hard to even see them. You have to navigate all over your lot and delete every single one of them. I had the same problem with reception desk like miniguy and when I deleted these, it worked.

I have had this issue, it annoys me that you build, save and next time you start your game the tiles are like you said, somtimes even whilst building this has happened.
  • apoupard1apoupard1 Posts: 6
    edited October 2013
    I have an interesting bug that appeared in my game after the newest patch. During the daytime an alien shows up at my house instead of between the 12:00 am- 3:00 am window. Anyone know what could possibly be doing this? I'm hoping it's not a game corruption. I haven't had any problems major problems with the games up until now. Only a few glitches that I can deal with if I restart the game.
  • Simmer2009Simmer2009 Posts: 123 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I have problems where the game lags a lot and freezes every 10 seconds for about two seconds at a time. It makes it unenjoyable to play. :( That's the only problem I've experienced so far but it's ruining the game for me.
    I don't have any mods or cc.
  • bluebellcatbluebellcat Posts: 126
    edited October 2013
    I just bought Island Paradise just last week and I am really enjoying it, but theres just this BIG problem. I was really looking forward to diving so I only dived once I had completly mastered it by instead doing snorkeling all the time. I went underwater. The sea floor appeared for one second and flashed off automatically. Instead it left a blank blue floor, as if theres nothing there. But all the objects you can view, like rocks and other objects are there, the same with the fish and shells and other collectable things you can click are there, caves and kelp are there too. The colours are very dull too, like when I looked up screenshots of how it should look the clams and chests should be gold and brightly coloured, but with mine the clams are grey-blue and the chests are grey, but the gold inside is, obviously, gold coloured. People and mermaids and things dont glitch or anything and are the right colour, but not very good quality graphics. The game itself other than this is great. I have looked up anything like this and NO ONE seems to have this problem. PLEASE help me, as this really affects me enjoying the game.
    edited October 2013
    I hope the patch comes out soon, I am about to lose it with this game, I have a horse, yes a fricking horse on my lot. I cannot see it whatsoever, hear it yep, it's driving me crazy.
  • NylaRayNylaRay Posts: 83 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I've revamped Legacy Island, one of the worlds on the exchange. I've added about 3 or 4 resorts, none are owned by the family I'm playing with. Only one of the resorts is fully functional meaning it has front desk and maintenance staff available at anytime. The other 3 are not functional at all. When ever my family tries to check in no one ever comes to the front desk.

I bought one of the resorts and it automatically be came functional everyone showed up to work. Then I sold the resort and they all went away again:( I noticed no one has come up with an answer yet, hopefully an answer will start floating out there soon.
  • emma1907emma1907 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I have an issue that started after the IP patch. I don't have IP. The issue is I am unable to play existing families, attend University or play families from the bin, I can select but when I click the check mark it greys out and just hangs, nothing happens so to exit the game I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del to be able to do anything. I have cleared the caches and done a factory reset and it didn't help. I don't have mods or cc. Any help would be really appreciated as I am really, really frustrated by this.
  • vjay21vjay21 Posts: 19 Member
    edited November 2013
    Island Paradise locks up every 10 seconds or for 1/4 to 1/2 of a second.
    Happens when scrolling the screen also.
    Tried overwatch type mods, reinstalls, all with no luck.
    All of my other expansions run smooth as silk.
    Resorts in other towns/expansions run fine also.
    Just curious if ANYONE has Island Paradise running smoothly.
    I'm really wanting to play it but the lock ups are annoying as heck.
    *Also tried cranking down all the graphics settings to the lowest possible settings, and the same issue comes up with the same frequency.

I just started a brand new game last night after my last game glitched way too much
    (I'd imported a family into Island Paradise world and it gradually got worse and worse so I abandoned it like I do with all glitching games and decided to start a new game with a new character)

I had the same exact issues as you.
    Mine was freezing every time I pretty much sped up/slowed time/tried to click on objects/scrolled so every 5 seconds basically and I don't run any custom/mods. Brand new person I'd created and my game was pretty much unplayable with the constant locking up every 5 seconds and it was for longer periods than your freezing.

It's definitely an Island Paradise issue, I got so annoyed I made my new Sim move to Bridgeport and now my game is flawless and running smoothly.

I have way above minimum specs so shouldn't have any issue, I have 16GB RAM, an SSD & a 7970 graphics card in my system for goodness sake.

Is extremely frustrating.

I abandoned the last game because once I bought a resort my game started freezing quite often and then my Simbot glitched and turned into a person with robot traits.
    I decided to try to go overseas to see if my Simbot would reset and my people went invisible even when I left the Simbot at home.
    A previous glitch was my man character forgot he had twin daughters and started flirting with them after his wife died, that was very creepy.

The freezing did it for me though, no more game because it bugged me too much although it wasn't as bad as the new game I started mentioned above.

That really was unplayable it was so bad.
  • YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited November 2013
    I wish my sims would stop resetting to land underwater... Not a HUGE problem but irritating all the same.

I also can't get a resort up to 5 stars. It's been stuck at 4 and a half for ages, even though I am constantly getting 5-Star Reviews o_O
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2013
    I agree IP is no longer playable at all. I totally reset my game - only reinstalled all the store stuff - added nothing else so my game had nothing but all the eps and sps, and all the store but LL, or the TOP, or the Learning Center with the baby stuff - I left all that stuff out of my reinstall so there would be nothing to create a problem and I have the super patch so my game is at 1.6.5 - no reason on this good earth - but IP is a total mess. I was playing in IP before the patch and before the ITF game with the occasional water lag - but it played alright otherwise - and now I have the patch, then the game and it immediately went down the tube so I did a complete reset - went and got the super patch - made sure I did not install LL, TOP, Or the baby stuff - I installed AS standard even though I own the gold to avoid the baby stuff - but to all my 3 days of doing all this IP is not playable. As many others are reporting it plays for 10 seconds freezes for 10 or more seconds - over and over - it does not matter if you are playing a sim in a house or houseboat - just going about reading a book in your sims house to out trying to swim - the game is unplayable. So I have gone and downloaded Twallans 2 mods he says fixes stuff and will see if they fix this.(overwatch and Errortrap - newest versions) But where I do not use mods and CC because I test worlds and cannot have mods in my game that might cover up problems - it means I can't test worlds which a lot of creators may find annoyed by - so I sure hope this world gets fixed and what ever EA did to mess up IP, the TOP, and the Learning Center they need to fix because I should not have to have mods and I am not even sure they will help as this game is horrid right now. I sure hope the rest of the worlds have not been as badly messed up. But what ever they put in that patch that did all this they need to remove or something!!!!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top