March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Paradise Bug Thread

Comments

• CaptainDino22CaptainDino22 Posts: 101 New Member
    edited August 2013
    midge719 wrote:
    a32p.jpg

I went scuba diving, went to explore a cave and next minute popped up in another sims home?

ltd5.jpg

What the heck is these god awful cracks/joins on the land?

LOOKS LIKE the game is starting to crack apart. My Sim is stuck under the board this game is done it will never be right. I guess EA don't want to see 82 pages of there hacked up game.Even if they patch this game it will still be broken.One more patch will NOT fix this big sink hole of a game!

Can't wait to read the game reviews on Sims 4 when it comes out. I could use a good laugh like "SIMCITY"
  • Zandyr_KayneZandyr_Kayne Posts: 199 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I tried to do the mascot moves in a cramped area of my house and the Sim stamped her feet and showed the no pathway icons. After I checked there is an area of the floor that can't be walked over and the cursor becomes a red no sign. I get this a lot sometimes when Sims try to dance. It's like there's a hidden marker in the way. Buydebug cheats do not reveal anything as being there. Nor can I remove the flooring under it. I says that it's required by an object. It makes it impossible to walk or place other objects there as well. I am not sure if it was caused by my Sim or another Sim in my house dancing to a stereo or the mascot moves failing. Usually I get these when a Sim dances. Mostly in Bridgeport but I have seen it elsewhere as well. Something is there (a hidden dance based marker perhaps?) and will not let my Sim do anything or build anything. This has occurred every once in a while since I have owned Late Night. Most frequently at dance clubs around the dance floor. This is in my house, however. It's the Powell House apartment building in Bridgeport and it's not very roomy even without the hidden object in the way. It's a new game at least. I'll just start over for now. But something needs to be done about these objects staying behind.
    edited August 2013
    I noticed someone is complaining about the subways in Bridgeport and I've noticed it, too. I think it's the rabbit hole bug in 1.55. If they're built too close to the road they won't let Sims enter the rabbit hole. Move them back at least 3 spaces from the roadside in Edit Town mode and I think they will work alright then.

I've heard how the Lunar Lakes map is virtually unplayable due to all the rabbit holes except the science facility being too close to the roads. This has definitely GOT to be fixed. It breaks several locations in several other cities, too. Riverview dinner, Twinbrook bookstore, even the school/stadium in Isla Paradiso is effected by it I believe. I know I couldn't access the Sports Agent career from University Life and read elsewhere that Sims could not win games in the Professional Sports career. Although that might just be a bug in School/Stadium combo rabbit holes.
  • ELIROCELIROC Posts: 2,318 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hello!

First, yes, I read your comments "Lagging/Freezing or any other issues of more technical nature --> Should be posted in technical."
    But I must tell you that SimGuruRusskii is the SimGuru in technical and she doesn't answer her posts.
    I've been trying to get her attention with another issue for almost 3 months now and she doesn't answer. So I'm trying in here anyway.

My game started freezing when I play a resort in IP. It started first when I tried to register. I didn't manage and had to restart the game.

Now I'm rebuilding another resort and it started freezing again. I had to restart the game twice so far and now I cannot play longer than 5 minutes.

Except for a few hair/skins and make-up I have no CC. I have some Mods though but all NRaas Mods and all updated.

I tried taking ALL CCs and Mods but the issue doesn't stop.

I hope you can help me and I thank you for whatever you can do!

A good day!
    EliRoc
  • FlacodiabloFlacodiablo Posts: 8
    edited August 2013
    Island Paradise locks up every 10 seconds or for 1/4 to 1/2 of a second.
    Happens when scrolling the screen also.
    Tried overwatch type mods, reinstalls, all with no luck.
    All of my other expansions run smooth as silk.
    Resorts in other towns/expansions run fine also.
    Just curious if ANYONE has Island Paradise running smoothly.
    I'm really wanting to play it but the lock ups are annoying as heck.
    *Also tried cranking down all the graphics settings to the lowest possible settings, and the same issue comes up with the same frequency.
  • SozkiSozki Posts: 10 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I made a new family: a man vampire and two cats. I moved them to one allready existing household. Then I realized that man I created wasn't vampire anymore, but a normal sim. I had to use testingCheats to make him back vampire. Then when he went to sleep I noticed that he has different sleepwear than I chose him. I edited his clothes and I saw that only his everyday wear was correct, others had changed by themselves. Also his make up was wrong...

So my issues:
    - Clothing changing by itself
    - CAS made vampire turned to regular sim when started playing
    - Make up changing by itself

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods No mods, just CC
    2. Do you have Island Paradise or just the Patch ? Island Paradise
    3. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.55.4.
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New family, old neighbourhood
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? New
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA's Island Paradise's town (can't remember the name rigt now)
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 7
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Download
    9. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Home-world
  • Kaike78Kaike78 Posts: 414 Member
    edited August 2013
    Pregnant male sims abducted by aliens lose their pregnancy when evicted from their homes or moves to another lot. This has happened twice so far. I don't use mods but do have store bought content and few textures from the exchange. There was an invisible object in my house boat that was causing problems and I had to use testing cheats to delete the object. I did forget to turn off the cheat and that may have helped with this issue but this has also happened when I have not used the cheat. The game was saved prior to moving out the sim family but unfortunately, I did not backup the family once the males became pregnant with their aliens.

Using Windows 7 64-bit, I have the latest game patch, eps used are University Life, Generations, Supernatural, Seasons and Island Paradise and I am using the DVD copy of the game.
    "Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

-Oscar Wilde

• anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm having the little bug where kids at school can only work normal, hard or slack of...
    no get to know friends or talk with friends (and there is kids her age)

did any one find a solution on it?
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited August 2013
    Supernatural pain in the backside...

After saving a household that was complete on all skills/challenges and had a TON of items stored away in several cabinets under the rock/bug display shelves from Supernatural... Loaded the household that was in Riverview into Moonlight Falls and all the items were GONE! (The ones that were in alchemists cabinets.) Only two or three shelves seemed to have anything in them. The one I had collected about 50-100+ of every material for alchemy... EMPTY. That was a let down but, considering that I moved the house into a new game/town I wasn't too upset about it. The problem was that when I went back to the saved game the household was in at Riverview everything was GONE from THAT game as well. Only some items remained like some skill mastery plaques and paintings stored. But those gems, metals, bugs, etc. are just plain gone after all the work put in to collect them. Hours down the drain.

This is from my sisters game. She had base game, Generations and Supernatural. The game was vanilla. No mods/cc.
  • Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hi, Zandyr_Kayne!
    For this I've for long time used NRaas Traveller (from NRaas Wikispaces) - because it protects my collected treasures from disappearing, while travelling (changing home works in game by the same way). I've beginned use it after game have eaten all my fish from Egypt, China, France.
    I think, it may help you too.
    I've not preserved nothing in alchemists cabinets, because those were since beginning making to disappear stuff from it. I've used treasure chests from TA instead for preserving all collected stuff and harvestables: changing design on it (CAS) it keep content organized.
    (I'm speaking in past, because now due to invisible sims bug, I've contemporally stopped to play TS3 and I'm hoping in fixing patch - weared to fix them again and again).
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited September 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod). No
    2. Do you have Island Paradise or just the Patch ? I have both
    3. Which Patch Level are you at ? I am at version 1.55.4.022001 (my game says it is up to date)
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New Game
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Existing
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Monte Vista
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 7
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Digital Download
    9. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Home-World

Spawners with Islands or lots placed in the ocean. I see no visible spawners on a lot (even when I make a basement) and in the water deep enough to see no land but land spawners items (shell/bottles) are spawning in the water lots like one/two days in game up to 10 some I can delete some I cannot (with cheats). The lot had spawners but I deleted what I could see cause spanwers were not deleting even after lots where deleted. But even in a new world new location with again no visible spanwers shells are spawning in water.

I believe it is tied to this lot (since a newer lot I did with no history of spawners doesn't show this) but this lot that I spent hours making and due to it being sculpted land I cannot duplicate and really want to salvage this lot. IP spawners in water issues do exists even after the lot has been double bulldozed but those were water spanwers but now it is land ones but they are in water.

Any help appreciated or told this is a known bug :)
  • TamikkaTamikka Posts: 15 New Member
    edited September 2013
    This has to be one of the worst examples of pure greedy, I have completely stop playing IP it has soooo many issues that the game has become unenjoyable... I have a brand new custom made computer that exceeds the requirement and IP will not work however all my other towns work without any problems.. EA needs to get it together if this continues this will be my last and finally purchase. We should not have all these issues each time a new expansion comes out, I would rather wait for new expansion that are done properly instead of turning them out will all these issues.. ****** :evil:
  • midge719midge719 Posts: 222 Member
    edited September 2013
    Tamikka wrote:
    This has to be one of the worst examples of pure greedy, I have completely stop playing IP it has soooo many issues that the game has become unenjoyable... I have a brand new custom made computer that exceeds the requirement and IP will not work however all my other towns work without any problems.. EA needs to get it together if this continues this will be my last and finally purchase. We should not have all these issues each time a new expansion comes out, I would rather wait for new expansion that are done properly instead of turning them out will all these issues.. ****** :evil:

Whilst I sympathise, do you honestly think EA care, I have bugged, moaned, you name it, even had people have a go at me for complaining (well there so far up EA's backside's, they don't know where they end). I for one are peed over the errors, the flaws, basically everything to do with this new EP, what gets to me even more is the pushing and promoting of Sims Cartoon Beta Game 4, the day EA sort their abomination, is the day I will say something good about them, hell no doubt will freeze over first before they get their act together.
  • bmashlandbmashland Posts: 358 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Midge.... You can report them to the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General at least... If it is all we can do, then we as consumers in this situation.... need do it.

If what you think what you are saying is true, then you are like me Midge....
    We got ripped off and need to tell the world.

I'm tried of being ripped off, I was told things were being worked on my the EA lady who basically just made promises she had no intentions of keeping... oh... and SuperPatch isn't going to help.. That's another thing they'll try to do to your pc... but you can't back it out so make sure its going to help you at least..... all it did for me was shut off simple things that weren't a problem.

I asked the guy... Is it going to fix this? Is it going to fix that? He said.. "Oh yeah, this will fix you right up!"... LIAR or snake, I think it was on purpose I asked specific questions he knew it wasn't going to fix it. Oh.... have you found no sound for your kitten yet? Missing sound file for HUG kitten only? Let me guess it is my Speakers? You are in for a fight but please, put up one...

The kids all walked away and didn't realize they could complain. There is even a YouTube video of a 12 year old saying ... if your Sims 3 doesn't work its because you have too many expansions but something tells me that little girl didn't know she could open task manager to see if her computer was even showing signs that it was over loaded. I need your help.... don't give up Midge!

Requesting technical support again 9/4/2013 all "known bugs for this expansion and the rest"
    Don't make me send you the list again, you have it and it is all still there "Known Bugs List"... I am only asking you to fix the things you don't blame my computer for.... leave my computer's status to me. Fix your issues only please.

PS...
    If I can't play the game all morning, then I guess I should just come here and complain about it. You are not leaving us any choice and I would much rather be enjoying the game I thought I was paying for, this is not it.. This is a "unbeta-tested" thrown out version of this game so you can gather feedback and run off and make Sims 4 on us isn't it?.
  • ScoutsyScoutsy Posts: 83 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Posted in the general bug thread but putting it here as well. Having seen all the posts in here I'm fast reaching the conclusion that IP is a real mess.

I've only recently purchased Island Paradise, and have been enjoying it apart from the bugs. I can't travel with my sims. If one or more go on holiday, when they return their icons don't show and they are uncontrollable. I only use MasterController and Overwatch mods, but nothing in these ie resetting household or sim seems to work.

I also can't get my sim dog to loacate anything even though her hunting is at level 10. "Sniff out collectible" works, but if I try locate a specific collectible the action icon vanishes and my game view zooms out to the map view.

Has anyone else encountered these, especially the first and found a fix? I like taking my sims away but with this expansion pack WA just doesn't work.

I've tried starting a new game with a new family btw, still the same result.
  • GurlGamer05GurlGamer05 Posts: 336 Member
    edited September 2013
    I'm having the not working lifeguard career bug :(
  • wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    edited September 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod). No
    2. Do you have Island Paradise or just the Patch ? Island Paradise
    3. Which Patch Level are you at ? I am at version 1.57 now
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Existing game
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? new
    6. What town are you currently playing ? moonlight falls
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Windows 7
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD
    9. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Home-World

Here is a list of my Sims 3 bugs. I can't move a family to a new world. I tried using the move to new world option on there phone and everything sims to work until I get to the new world and can't find my family to move in.
    Island Paradiso has some lagging issues. All of my other worlds seem fine. Can't get snorkelling to come up in other worlds and having issues creating diving spots. Trick or treaters come on every holiday instead of just spooky day. The game launcher doesn't close after you exit the game and when you close the game launcher, it always stops responding.
    I think I have a few other bugs but I just can't think of them at the moment.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • jazzy8192jazzy8192 Posts: 22
    edited September 2013
    I have no maintenance crew on my resort and after the recent update I can not seem to click on my resort from the birds eye view in the town. The crew was there and then they just disappeared. :cry:
  • SettazPSettazP Posts: 7 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I discover an island yet there are still clouds and I cant see anything.
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited September 2013
    latest patch has brought back the constantly ringing phone bug . possibly if the phone rings while you are taking a photo with another sim then it never shuts off even if someone else calls them
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,360 Member
    edited September 2013
    Game crashes while in build mode usually when I'm updating a lot. This started happening with patch 1.55. I have a gaming pc with no cc or mods.

Please if anyone is having crashing issues with build mode post. I think it's a patch issue.
  • CaptainDino22CaptainDino22 Posts: 101 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Game crashes while in build mode usually when I'm updating a lot. This started happening with patch 1.55. I have a gaming pc with no cc or mods.

Please if anyone is having crashing issues with build mode post. I think it's a patch issue.

IT Must be your computer 1.55 patch is perfect try replacing your cables. good luck
    edited September 2013
    Vampire AI problem: Manse Mini-Fridge...

Vampires roommates will probably starve themselves to death eating/drinking quick meals from a Manse Mini-Fridge. I have seen Elvira Slayer eating/drinking Brain Freeze A La Mode, Pineapple Juice, Juice and Cereal constantly to try and sate herself to no avail. I took away the Manse Mini-Fridge and she would get Plasma Orange Juice like she should from the regular fridge. I put the mini-fridge in her room expecting her to drink plasma juice from it or the kitchen fridge. All she'd do is go to the mini-fridge and take out random stuff to eat/drink. :roll:
    edited September 2013
    Also when trying to put in a Wall-Installed Digital Fishiness Display (Late Night) I get a trail of sound effects, fish and bubbles wherever I dragged the aquarium across the screen. When I deleted the aquarium the bubbles, etc. stayed as they were. It only disappears after saving the game, exiting it completely and restarting.
    edited September 2013
    Also Jock Social Group Sims will constantly interrupt my Jock Sim to take a group picture with their cell phone. I sometimes wind up with a Jock Sim that won't leave my Late Night apartment building's foyer and when I go down to check the mail I can't because of the constant requests for photos. Also while they now let the Sims take photos after the last patch they still hang up after the photo is taken. I have to cancel out of the interaction to do anything else.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top