March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Paradise Bug Thread

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,383 Member
    edited November 2013
    Hi Writin_Reg,

I totally agree with all your complaints. For me, Isla Paradiso was laggy from the very beginning, but it was at least playable. After patch 1.63 it is more freezing than moving.

I just tried a new game in IP and quickly left for Oasis Landing. OL is on my computer really a perfect, smooth world. When I returned to Isla Paradiso some days later, it was a shock :P . I tried it for some hours, then I took my plumbot and used the feature "move to another town" for the first time. Now my sim and his robonanny bot run a very successful kindergarten in Appaloosa Plains :mrgreen: . And there is no lagging at all!

Please, please EA, fix Isla Paradiso! It is such a beautiful world, it would be a shame if nobody could use it. I think Bridgeport was badly lagging too and has been fixed successfully in a patch.
  • Brookie92Brookie92 Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    Yes, I agree, my game goes through the 5-15 sec "freeze" about every minute or so and it's highly irritating. In addition, my houseboat lot now has a glitch in which several taxi boats (some of which are melded into each other) are in the water around my houseboat and never leave or move, although they do sway with the water. I can't seem to get rid of them; I have tried doing a fresh save and restarting the game. Thanks for any feedback.
  • angellellaangellella Posts: 7 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Good to know I'm not the only one with all these problems. I bought Island Paradise yesterday & I can't be more than frustrated over all this freezing. I would have figured since it isn't the newest expansion that it wouldn't have such an annoying bug...... :roll:
  • ellehollywoodellehollywood Posts: 11
    edited November 2013
    I bought Island Paradise yesterday and didn't have the lagging problem.

Instead, my actions in the top left corner don't disappear and I can't select buy or build mode.

I don't know if this is because my sim has just moved in and the move is just not finishing, or if something a little more sinister is going on.

Neverminding the fact that I can't change my in game resolution because the game crashes.
  • ButterflyGirl23ButterflyGirl23 Posts: 32
    edited December 2013
    I just bought Sims 3 Island Paradise PC download, and Master Suite stuff PC Download, to add to my already existing Sims 3: Pets, HighEnd Loft Stuff, And Late Night.

I go to play it and it starts freezing for like 10 to 15 seconds. then its ok for about 30 seconds(give or take) then it goes again. Seems to do this when I select objects to do actions, or when I move my mouse to the edge of the screen.

I have looked over the causes in the help pages. I deleted all my CC, and reinstalled/re downloaded all the games. And it still is doing this.

I really want some answers please! I dont know what to do!
  • LondaluuLondaluu Posts: 2 New Member
    edited December 2013
    I just moved my sims to a new house from the starter town after getting island paradise and my game is almost unplayable. Constant lag, constant glitching, my sims do not do what I tell them to do. When I tell them to do something they always go outside and stand at the gate and then the action I tell them to do disappears and they stand there doing nothing. They have free will up high, yet they do nothing to satify their needs. They easily go into red when it was never like that before. I don't know how to fix this.
  • LondaluuLondaluu Posts: 2 New Member
    edited December 2013
    oh wow, I read a few pages back and this expansion sounds HORRIBLE. WOW, I wish I never spent my money on this expansion. It seemed so exciting and fun and I love the idea of owning a resort, ect. What kind of coding is EA doing? Kind of scary to think of buying anything else from them. Wow.... Think of Sims 4... What will that end up being if they can't even code this game right. lol
  • vendettarosevendettarose Posts: 24
    edited December 2013
    i bought IP last night and all my game is doing is freezeing no it's no my pc .... either .. ive tried it on all settings low still freezes and another friend has this same problem your sim freezes but the world continues to move!! ive uninstalled ITF as well and i do have a story line going it's so hard to play it when all i do is freeze!!! please please i love IP and ambi as well fix these bugs!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry: ... i so wanna play. Bad.
  • SummerskydreamerSummerskydreamer Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited December 2013
    Ok my parents bought IP for me for Christmas did they make a mistake on buying it? I have read all the glitches that everyone is having i may not install till the EA team gets the very last thing that is going wrong not with just IP but for each game fixed.Lets just hope that the EA team reads all this and finds a salution to all the glitches the games have. :(:(:(:(

PS. So EA team will those of us who are getting this game Island Paradise for Christmas have broken games? That we can not injoy at all? What a way to have a Christmas present that does not work that is realy sad indeed. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • matthewnbham2matthewnbham2 Posts: 28 Member
    edited December 2013
    When I first got Island Paradise (on release day) it ran beautifully. I loved the boats, resorts, the world. After the last patch I boot it up to enjoy some Friday night simming -cause I'm cool- :) and I have the lag. Please fix this as I have seen how enjoyable this world is.
  • SummerskydreamerSummerskydreamer Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited December 2013
    So EA Team are you going to address all the IP glitches or not? You know Christmas is only nine days away.Like i asked in my last post are all of us going to have to look forward to broken games this Christmas? I know there are alot of players who have already bought and tried to play this game.It would be a great Christmas present to all of us if the EA Team does address all the glitches not just in IP but in all the games as a Christmas present to everyone.
  • RMG61009RMG61009 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in as well. Island paradise played just fine for me until the last update. Now its the only world I can't play because of bad lag and freezes. I have no problems playing all the other worlds. That's too bad cause I really liked island Paradise. I only have the games stuff, no custom downloads or cheats. Please Fix EA.
  • JBurtisJBurtis Posts: 22 Member
    edited January 2014
    I also have a problem with my sim where they won't stop snorkeling. Doesn't happen all the time.
  • AstranaAstrana Posts: 12
    edited January 2014
    I bought IP and ITF last month and I haven't really been able to play until now (busy with work and college). It's very aggravating when my game freezes (time stops, but all the outdoor animations and sounds continue) every few in-game minutes. It's very frustrating to waste my money on something that doesn't work. Kind of a major let-down here. :/
  • pinkfrillysockspinkfrillysocks Posts: 3
    edited January 2014
    I had no end off trouble with Paradise Island lagging behind it was really irritating to play. It was definitely not my computer as I have a new Mac and checked all the requirements, mine is way above what it needs. I removed the paradise island expansion and could play my 6 other expansion packs fine.

I tried to install paradise island again, but this time it did not work properly at all and said my sims3 game was to new to work with it. I had all the latest game updates.

Seeing as it cost £30.00 i wanted to be actually able to play it so i tried something else. I decided to uninstall all my expansion packs and the sims 3 . I installed them all again, and have not updated my game at all and it now works perfectly fine!

• stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited January 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    I agree IP is no longer playable at all. I totally reset my game - only reinstalled all the store stuff - added nothing else so my game had nothing but all the eps and sps, and all the store but LL, or the TOP, or the Learning Center with the baby stuff - I left all that stuff out of my reinstall so there would be nothing to create a problem and I have the super patch so my game is at 1.6.5 - no reason on this good earth - but IP is a total mess. I was playing in IP before the patch and before the ITF game with the occasional water lag - but it played alright otherwise - and now I have the patch, then the game and it immediately went down the tube so I did a complete reset - went and got the super patch - made sure I did not install LL, TOP, Or the baby stuff - I installed AS standard even though I own the gold to avoid the baby stuff - but to all my 3 days of doing all this IP is not playable. As many others are reporting it plays for 10 seconds freezes for 10 or more seconds - over and over - it does not matter if you are playing a sim in a house or houseboat - just going about reading a book in your sims house to out trying to swim - the game is unplayable. So I have gone and downloaded Twallans 2 mods he says fixes stuff and will see if they fix this.(overwatch and Errortrap - newest versions) But where I do not use mods and CC because I test worlds and cannot have mods in my game that might cover up problems - it means I can't test worlds which a lot of creators may find annoyed by - so I sure hope this world gets fixed and what ever EA did to mess up IP, the TOP, and the Learning Center they need to fix because I should not have to have mods and I am not even sure they will help as this game is horrid right now. I sure hope the rest of the worlds have not been as badly messed up. But what ever they put in that patch that did all this they need to remove or something!!!!

If Writin_Reg -- the most conscientious, methodical simmer I have ever known -- says the ep is unplayable, then there is no hope for the rest of us.

However, I'm seriously glad I didn't update to patch level 1.6.5. Going to install IP now, cos today I discovered this bit of heaven http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/717032.page and that world needs IP so I might as well check out the ep for myself.

Update: Patch l.6.6 is now out, so hey they were pretty fast about fixing something. :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • MoonriseKingdomMoonriseKingdom Posts: 480 Member
    edited January 2014
    So dissapointed in EA, so dissapointed.
  • Smokewolf4424Smokewolf4424 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited February 2014
    any1 else having the issue where after swimming or snorkeling in the ocean, sims r swimming through the land, houses, etc?
  • bluebird137bluebird137 Posts: 430 New Member
    edited February 2014
    no but I am find it run slower
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited February 2014
    Our mermaids are missing tails again, I think the latest patch broke the fixed one :(
  • Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member
    edited February 2014
    The game worked fine at first with some lagging and occasional crashes I attributed both to the age of my computer and just general bugs. However, today it has basically become unplayable. I can't move my houseboat, make my sim go swimming or anything that involves travelling without immediately crashing to desktop. The only thing that changed between now and then was that Microsoft had sent out yet another automatic patch/upgrade for Vista.

Either way, I'm not sure how to fix it on my end short of reinstalling the game or if that would even work.
  • BieberFever975BieberFever975 Posts: 105 Member
    edited February 2014
    Mine is having all the same issues too, its freezing and lagging almost every 15 seconds, even when i edge scroll or speed up time. its sooooo annoying, i have been waiting to get this game ever since it came out an i finally got it and its not even enjoyable. all my other EP's and towns run flawless, i really hope a new patch for this comes out asap so i can finally enjoy some island paradise
  • cllevettcllevett Posts: 930 Member
    edited March 2014
    Besides Lag I'm having trouble with this. My sims are constantly swimming through solid objects & the shore. Any suggestions?

DYiQGpx.jpg
  • Tasaio_KhanTasaio_Khan Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    Just bought The Sims 3: Island Paradise and World Adventures on Steam. Immediately on creating a Sim on the new island, I experienced lag. Of course I assumed it to be graphical and ditched settings accordingly, but the issue remains even on lowest settings.

I should say now that I'm running an AMD FX6300 x 6, 8GB of Corsair 1866 RAM and a Radeon 7850 on a 990FX Mainboard - this is not a PC related issue. All drivers are up to date and I've even tested my previous saves on full settings after installing both expansions - they work fine. It's just the island.

I was lucky I obtained the expansion via a sale. This is simply a matter of lazy optimisation and poor bug checking. I have read somewhere that EA is monitoring this thread; I sincerely hope so. You owe your player-base much more than this. I was hyped for Island Paradise, it looks beautiful and I was sincerely looking forward to it. I did not expect to find my new expansion unplayable within minutes of starting a new game.

I'm going to try further potential solutions, but I suspect I'm in the same boat as many here; angry and sick of the same old thing,
  • AyriaMAyriaM Posts: 223 Member
    edited March 2014
    One thing I've noticed - the Island Paradise baby arm floats are coming up in my game as "Outerwear" instead of "Swimwear" in Create-A-Sim. :thumbdown:

(sorry, the smiley is just for theatrics lol)

I'm in-game now, so not posting specs...but I think my version is update to date...1.67 if I remember correctly. Hope EA gets around to seeing about this in an update or something. Thanks! :3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top