March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Paradise Bug Thread

Comments

• NatyippeeNatyippee Posts: 1
    edited April 2014
    I've just installed IP and it freezes every 10 seconds or so, my PC is brand new top spec and runs perfectly with all other packs!

Did anyone find a resolution for this as I'm thinking of getting rid!!! :(

Thanks

Nat
  • monodroidmonodroid Posts: 10 New Member
    edited May 2014
    I've sat here for 2 hours looking through all the post about how to fix IP. Posts are from 2013 to 2014 and still no fix. No response from the Devs at all. This is just sad. Unless that Crint user person is a Dev. My two sons were telling me that they bought a game made by Dice and Ea called Battlefield, I think. And games made by EA don't work very well at all. So they avoid EA games now. I would have have thought that before putting out a brand new game like The Sims 4 most of the bugs in The Sims 3 would have been fixed. I guess they don't care about their customers spending thousands of dollars on games that half-*** work. I can't trust people like that. No one does really. I hope that the Dev team is given time to work on the game and not rushed.

EA is a company selling products to consumers and these products are broken. What happens to greedy companies that continue with this kind of ethics?
  • chisakikoizumichisakikoizumi Posts: 1
    edited May 2014
    I am having the same problem with IP the constant lag when ever I edge scroll. No, everything! I just bought it yesterday. I want to enjoy it, it looks gorgeous but how can I? It's getting quite frustrating and annoying. My laptop is new and meets the requirements. I only got constant lag from IP and LN. :x :?
  • Sandystar9Sandystar9 Posts: 1
    edited May 2014
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? None
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods N/A
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) It's been at least two patches since the last time I had mods in.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? N/A
    5. Do you have Island Paradise or just the Patch ? Both
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? IDK
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Existing game
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Existing Sims, Existing Family at the 9 week mark.
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Sunset Valley
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win7/Dell
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game Both? happening on computer
    Issue: Can't save or move because it says I'm traviling. :oops: :shock:
  • RomireRomire Posts: 2,414 Member
    edited June 2014
    Im kinda Freezing in IP
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    image.jpg1_zpsnlvre2v5.jpg
  • Sasskitten02Sasskitten02 Posts: 101 Member
    edited July 2014
    any1 else having the issue where after swimming or snorkeling in the ocean, sims r swimming through the land, houses, etc?

I am having that problem and if I have a small boat out the sim in the water instead of returning to land will take the boat and go to the house boat then it doesn't even put the boat back on the thing I have.
  • Slasher4242Slasher4242 Posts: 30 Member
    edited August 2014
    Dunno if this thread if it still active, hope it is.
    Anyway -
    The mermaid townies that appear in the diving spot in Island Paradise do not appear to have any scales or tails. They swim like mermaids and breathe underwater and all mermaid interactions are there but they look just like normal sims.

At first I thought this was a mod thing so I removed all my mods and ran the game without. This didn't change so I uninstalled the game, rebooted, re-installed. Still the mermaids just look like sims.

I asked one to move in and tried changing the scale colors in the mirror but once the CAS page appeared, clicking on 'colors' did nothing. It was like it was missing from the game entirely in all but the icon.

I purchased the Mermaid Kelp through the Lifetime Rewards, and the sim turned into a mermaid, with scales and a tail.

I haven't found anyone else with this particular problem, mind you, I didn't read through all the pages of this forum.

Help would be greatly appreciated.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • melissalungumelissalungu Posts: 655 Member
    I am having serious issues. Apart from my mermaid sims having legs...my game now won't start at all...
    If you have spare points as you own the store, why not spend them on me? Haha!!! My wishlist

My thank you thread

My profile

My Top 5 store items :smile:
  • LazerRay3LazerRay3 Posts: 312 Member
    I keep getting the snorkeling loop bug, my sims won't drop the action when I cancel it, I think this bug might be related to time spent snorkeling, every time my sims get stuck, they have 40+ hours completed.

The only way I can get to stop is to use Master Controller and reset them, because of this I just resorted to having my sims guzzle Skill Boost potions and using Master Controller on my plumbot with Limitless Learning to master Scuba Diving since my town doesn't have dive lots.
  • SIMS7LOVESIMS7LOVE Posts: 12 New Member
    Same:/
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited January 2016
    In my case, I just send them to the Science Facility and have them take a scuba dive class, and then let them snorkel in the ocean. My sims get scuba diving skill faster in this way. One of my active family went up to 6 level point at scuba diving for 2 days.
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited September 2016
    [quote="LazerRay3;13832667"]I keep getting the snorkeling loop bug, my sims won't drop the action when I cancel it, I think this bug might be related to time spent snorkeling, every time my sims get stuck, they have 40+ hours completed.

The only way I can get to stop is to use Master Controller and reset them, because of this I just resorted to having my sims guzzle Skill Boost potions and using Master Controller on my plumbot with Limitless Learning to master Scuba Diving since my town doesn't have dive lots.[/quote]

Actually, you need to cancel both action (the round swimming/snorkeling, and the square snorkeling) AND you then need to click somewhere ashore "Go There" so that your Sim has a valid destination once it stops snorkeling.

Otherwise, they wont stop...
    Post edited by Lexers615 on
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Couple years old thread about an expansion that never was fixed...

Are they really surprised I never bought The Sims 4?
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    1. How can I create a NEW TOPIC?
    2. Is it possible to modify the Riverview world so that houseboats can go along the river?
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,900 Member
    edited July 2016
    troshalom wrote: »
    1. How can I create a NEW TOPIC?
    2. Is it possible to modify the Riverview world so that houseboats can go along the river?

If you are able to make a new topic there is a big blue button with NEW DISCUSSION text on it in the top right of the screen.

It is possible you can't make a new topic until you get to be a member instead of new member. They have issues with trolls sometimes and have made it so new people can't start new discussions. You'll need to just post in other threads until you get enough posts and likes to graduate. It won't take long.

If you have the Create A World tool you may be able to do something with Riverview. I have never used it though. You may get a better answer in the Creative Corner thread that is in Sims 4 area or General area. They were moving it around recently.

Barnacle Bay world has a deep ocean and is good for dive lots.

I haven't tried houseboats there though. Someone may have already made a customised version of Riverview though. There is something on the subject in this link.

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/?topic=18992.0

It says Sims 4 guide but it includes Sims 3 and Sims 2 info as well.

EDIT: Here's the link to creative corner
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/creative-corner
  • Chaseman505Chaseman505 Posts: 2 New Member
    I just bought the game and am experiencing the "maintenance workers never show up" glitch. They've never appeared for me. It's a real shame, I absolutely love the ability to be a resort owner but this bug almost makes the feature unusable. No matter what I do, maintenance staff never appears and I have to fix everything by hand, despite the fact that it continually breaks.

I've also been having the "roaches spawn where you can't see them" bug. Three years later, I hope this gets fixed! I've done a ton of troubleshooting. I'd love if this got fixed!
    I just bought the game and am experiencing the "maintenance workers never show up" glitch. They've never appeared for me. It's a real shame, I absolutely love the ability to be a resort owner but this bug almost makes the feature unusable. No matter what I do, maintenance staff never appears and I have to fix everything by hand, despite the fact that it continually breaks.

I've also been having the "roaches spawn where you can't see them" bug. Three years later, I hope this gets fixed! I've done a ton of troubleshooting. I'd love if this got fixed!

EA won't be fixing it. But if you Google Isla Paradiso fix. Or something similar you will find EllaCharmed has done a lot of work to make a fixed version of the world that people can download. It is on Mod the Sims site and she also has it n her own site. I know she hasn't fixed everything but she's done a lot of fixes that require the Create a World tool to fix. There is a lot of info on what she's fixed on her own site.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited August 2016

Did you hire all the staff? You need to hire them in 2 or 3 shift as the resort will be opened for 24 hours. As for 'roaches complains', type 'testingcheatsenabled on' in cheat console, then type,'buydebug' again, then get into the buy mode, then you will see the insect spawner box. If you can't find any insect spawner box in buydebug mode, then it could be random glitch. I always found it.
  • DarkMagic2012DarkMagic2012 Posts: 45 Member
    After all this time I'm really disappointed that EA won't fix this expansion.
  • zavannahbananaxzavannahbananax Posts: 1 New Member
    PLEASE HELP!!!

I have the Sims 4, but I decided I kind of wanted to play the Sims 3 for a little while. I only have the Island Paradise Expansion, the Supernatural Expansion and also University Life expansion. I wanted to play the supernatural one so when I put in the disc, it immediately asked me to put in Island Paradise, but I lost the game. I tried searching for it, but no where to be found and I refuse to buy another one just to play when I already have the base pack. I don't understand. So I uninstalled the Island Paradise expansion in hopes that I could get in through the expansion packs that I do have, but now the game isn't even coming up!! Instead it's telling me there's an error. I really just don't understand what the problem is!!?
    edited September 2016
    PLEASE HELP!!!

I have the Sims 4, but I decided I kind of wanted to play the Sims 3 for a little while. I only have the Island Paradise Expansion, the Supernatural Expansion and also University Life expansion. I wanted to play the supernatural one so when I put in the disc, it immediately asked me to put in Island Paradise, but I lost the game. I tried searching for it, but no where to be found and I refuse to buy another one just to play when I already have the base pack. I don't understand. So I uninstalled the Island Paradise expansion in hopes that I could get in through the expansion packs that I do have, but now the game isn't even coming up!! Instead it's telling me there's an error. I really just don't understand what the problem is!!?

There is a technical discussion thread in the Sims 3 section of the forum.

You probably need to clean your registry. Ccleaner is a good free registry cleaner for Windows.

The reason you were asked to insert the Island Paradise disk is because it was the latest released expansion you have.

There are two options you can opt for. 1 is to replace the disk installation of Island Paradise or mod your game. NRAAS site will be able to give you more info on playing without a disk.

If you registered your Island Paradise game you can install the digital download version by downloading it from Origin. Once the digital download is installed you won't need to have a disk in the drive to play. You only need the latest released expansion or stuff pack you have installed

The problem with downloading from Origin is you will be forced to patch to patch 1.69 if you are on a Windows computer.

Patch 1.69 forces you to launch Origin to play and Origin launches the game launcher. You need to specify which EP and SP you want to include in your game each time you play.
  • LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    Here video of how to fix Island Paradise https://youtube.com/watch?v=HeXezvjLdbw
    but here the catch for new Simmer you're going to have to evict few people and they're Melinda's , Scott's Los Amigos The Romantic , The Prince , The Hobart Hideout
    d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
  • moonpearl1971moonpearl1971 Posts: 9 New Member
    Hi ! Got a little problem. Need to be human again but nothing worked. 48h without swimming at the sea etc. What is the clue that i missed? Thank you for your help
    Hi ! Got a little problem. Need to be human again but nothing worked. 48h without swimming at the sea etc. What is the clue that i missed? Thank you for your help

I am assuming you are not currently human. What are you? Do you have Supernatural or have you been cursed by something or other? Or an alien?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top