Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

AL MEDINA, MOROCCO-- IP Resort Finished!!! Download link included on 1st pg

Comments

• Options
    Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited February 2013
    Update posted on first page
  • Options
    buddywuddy21buddywuddy21 Posts: 702 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Looking good, keep up the great work! :D
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited February 2013
    this is really starting to look great. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thanks guys!
  • Options
    Kerim99Kerim99 Posts: 289 Member
    edited February 2013
    I really like the long bridge :)
    The landscape is really realistic :)

I could build the next house for you :)
    It would be the third house for your world :)
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited February 2013
    This world looks amazing. I love the way it is coming along and cannot wait to upload it. I have been searching for something like this. Good luck and thank you so much for your continuing efforts! I'm not much of a builder myself and tend to focus on remodeling, but I would be thrilled to play test this when it's available. I wish we had more ethnic and historical themed worlds like this. It's a brilliant idea and I will check back every day for updates.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    samiam662 wrote:
    This world looks amazing. I love the way it is coming along and cannot wait to upload it. I have been searching for something like this. Good luck and thank you so much for your continuing efforts! I'm not much of a builder myself and tend to focus on remodeling, but I would be thrilled to play test this when it's available. I wish we had more ethnic and historical themed worlds like this. It's a brilliant idea and I will check back every day for updates.

Thanks! It's definitely a really challenging subject to build on, and I'm gonna have to create some pretty perfect buildings to impress people with something that they aren't familiar with. I guess I have my work cut out for me!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Kerim99 wrote:

Thanks! I was thinking about how high that bridge is and I'd like to change the landscape behind it into explorable sand dunes. I'll make a road to a coastline later on. :lol:

I won't be able to play the Sims much in this coming week, but I can add in lot sizes later...

This would be a big thing to ask but... would you be willing to make 2 15x15 2 story houses, and a 20x20 1 story lot? I'm planning to finish the center island with those houses and a small park as a little extra place for that.

As for me, I'm looking forward to working on my magnum opus for this world which will be the Sultan's Palace Complex. Also the foreign quarter will enable me to put a mixture of French influence into the building style.

The mass of population will be put into the lower bank of my river.

Maybe I'll fit a scenic waterfall into there somehow
  • Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited February 2013
    Your buildings look great! Especially the decor inside them :) like how it's panning out! If I was not so busy with building my own lots I'd love to pitch in and help. Maybe when I get sick of making Japanese style homes haha :)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thanks! It's always nice to hear from you!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Zach_Bundy wrote:
    Kerim99 wrote:

Thanks! I was thinking about how high that bridge is and I'd like to change the landscape behind it into explorable sand dunes. I'll make a road to a coastline later on. :lol:

I won't be able to play the Sims much in this coming week, but I can add in lot sizes later...

This would be a big thing to ask but... would you be willing to make 2 15x15 2 story houses, and a 20x20 1 story lot? I'm planning to finish the center island with those houses and a small park as a little extra place for that.

As for me, I'm looking forward to working on my magnum opus for this world which will be the Sultan's Palace Complex. Also the foreign quarter will enable me to put a mixture of French influence into the building style.

Ok, I'll build 3 houses for you, right?
    2 15x15 lot and 1 20x20 lot

These lot sizes aren't big but I can't finish them in one day... I need a bit more time :)

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Kerim99 wrote:
    Zach_Bundy wrote:
    Kerim99 wrote:

Ok, I'll build 3 houses for you, right?
    2 15x15 lot and 1 20x20 lot

These lot sizes aren't big but I can't finish them in one day... I need a bit more time :)

Oh yeah I know! I won't be able to play until much later this week
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited February 2013
    This looks absolutely wonderful. Could you sort of show us an overview of the layout of the world? :D that would be great!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    niac1234 wrote:
    This looks absolutely wonderful. Could you sort of show us an overview of the layout of the world? :D that would be great!

Yeah! I'll definitely start doing that when I have more of it done. Right now, I'm still figuring one or two things out
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Yay! I finished my new Al Medina Siggy!

/
    /
    /
    V
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Still won't be able to start building again for a few days...
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Actually, maybe I'll be able to start later today
  • Options
    Mayeye2Mayeye2 Posts: 87 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Zach, I'm done for now with my adaptation of the Essaouira house. You are welcome to use it/adapt it as you wish (I personally am still unhappy with the third floor).
    Some pics posted here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/648545.page
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I got some of the Sultan Palace Complex done, but it's nothing worth updating over
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Mayeye2 wrote:
    Zach, I'm done for now with my adaptation of the Essaouira house. You are welcome to use it/adapt it as you wish (I personally am still unhappy with the third floor).
    Some pics posted here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/648545.page

Oh my gosh! Perfect! It's CC free right?
  • Options
    Mayeye2Mayeye2 Posts: 87 New Member
    edited February 2013
    No CC ever, but it does use some store items (the Morocco lights and sofa; Hacienda windows) and the Showtime columns and fence on the courtyard for sure. Just kinda went crazy when I figured was building it just for myself. /sheepish
    You are more than welcome to modify it as you wish. Actually gonna try a 20x20 tomb next (never done a tomb before--wish me luck).
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Haha I'll download it tomorrow and try to make it as close to what you did as possible. Thanks so much for an amazing contribution!

Lol I've failed my first tomb attempt. I'm sure I'll get back to it eventually...
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    You'll get the 3 houses really soon Zach_Bundy :)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Kerim99 wrote:
    You'll get the 3 houses really soon Zach_Bundy :)

How exciting! I'll be unraveling a surprise of my own pretty soon too
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    OH NO! Of all the places for it not to work, the fountain tool isn't working in the Palace! Grrrrr

Can't extend fountain? There aren't any objects in the way, I tried "constrainfloorelevation false" I did the whole gamot, and not a single tile of fountain is placeable on the entire lot!

Urgh, of all places.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top