Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

AL MEDINA, MOROCCO-- IP Resort Finished!!! Download link included on 1st pg

Comments

• Options
    Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited March 2013
    Reachsims wrote:
    Exactly! The hours of homework you have done are ever so apparent in this labor of love. Even my husband has taken an interest in your project as he was born in Morocco and even though he takes absolutely zero interest in Sims, he is a former home builder and he knows quality when he sees it. He has an eye for details and we are both just very particular about things being as accurately depicted as the game will possibly allow. This desire for perfectionism in our own creations is a tremendous blessing in many areas of our life and for this game, it allows the player some immersion and/or a taste of a culture. Not many of us can afford to travel the world but playing in these different "countries" allows us something and it's a very sweet thing. Many thanks, Zach!

WOW! that is probably one of the nicest compliments I've ever been given! It goes double for me, since I'm going to start my Architecture degree next year! Thank you so so much.
  • Options
    RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited March 2013
    Zach Love your pictures. Your world is coming along so beautifully. Good luck in your future career in Architecture. Judging by your creations for this world you definitely have an aptitude for it.
    I was checking out your sims need and thought I would mention that I do have a Scandinavian husband and wife with the athletic career, Leif Erickson and his wife. The Ravenwood family..there is the non vampire versions of them who are from the European area..Romanian maybe and Gordon Shimzu, asian in science I believe. If you are interested I can post the addresses if it help you rather than you having to surf through my studio.
    Also if you want testers, I would be very happy to do this.
    Praise for Kerim99 too. He does great houses.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Hi Rukaya! Thanks for the well wishes!

Right now, I'm still thinking about how large my European neighborhood will be. It's going to be connected to my main city by a winding hairpin road going through long mountain paths. It'll probably be a beach town.

I'm thinking that only one or two small blonde haired families would fit in the world.

In the beach town, I'll be including an "Adventure Club" that will house foreigners.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    The first page is updated with your stuff Kerim99!

Also, I was thinking that since you've helped me so much, I should name a street after you!
  • Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited March 2013
    Nicely done so far the layout of the town is so beautiful :) I hope you leave me some empty lots to build in it :D
  • Options
    Kerim99Kerim99 Posts: 289 Member
    edited March 2013
    Zach_Bundy wrote:

Also, I was thinking that since you've helped me so much, I should name a street after you!

Your latest update is wonderful! :thumbup:

I can help you a little bit more... but of course only if you want :)
  • Options
    edited March 2013

Your latest update is wonderful! :thumbup:

I can help you a little bit more... but of course only if you want :)

Of course you can help! Right now, I think I'll have you work on my southern neighborhood since it will be much easier to import your stuff there. You don't have to do it all at once of course, but here's the list:

Four 14x14 lots without foundation

Three 15x15 lots with foundation

One 15x25 lot without foundation

One 20x10 lot without foundation

If you're willing to do some of those, just upload them as you finish them so that I know which ones to work on.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Oops I forgot to say that I put the update for day 18 up front
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Today, I'm not sure to finish them but I'll start with four 14x14 houses..
    The lot size isn't too big... they can be finished in some days :)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thanks!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I'm off for the weekend! I'm really excited to see how well this world is coming along!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Also, I'd like to mention that empty lots will be smallish (like 15x15) and they won't be right next to finished areas. This is to preserve the realism. You wouldn't find an empty dirt lot in the middle of downtown, would you?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Hi guys, sorry I don't have much to update about, but the front page is all caught up. I've decided on different mountains that will look much different from the ones I chose earlier, and will also look much more akin to the iconic Atlas Mountains of Morocco. After doing a little bit of work on my road leading to my Foreign Quarter, I realized that the way I had been making mountains for this world was too Western.

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    bump
  • Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited March 2013
    Really love your mountain sculpting :] And I'm glad you kept a few plateaus, it gives it a lil' more character~ This world is very beautiful so far can't wait to see more builds from you ;]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Once I have a few more houses, (maybe six or seven), I will consider accepting sims. That doesn't mean that the project is anywhere near done, it's just that I don't want the sims to be rushed through.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thanks oil! I'm getting really busy just like you. I started a new job last monday
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I was not able to build this week...
    and I'm not sure if I'm able to build in the next week..

Anyway, the mountains are better than before, nice update/upgrade :)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Kerim99 wrote:
    I was not able to build this week...
    and I'm not sure if I'm able to build in the next week..

Anyway, the mountains are better than before, nice update/upgrade :)

Sorry you can't do much right now. I know exactly what you mean. I'm a lot more busy with work right now.

If you have see any part of the world that you think needs improvement, make sure to let me know! :p
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    My mountain highway is all finished! I'll give you guys an update when I have at least a little bit of my Foreign quarter finished at the end of it. In the middle, I have a rest stop that will function for people who are making long distance travels in the world.
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited March 2013
    Zach_Bundy wrote:
    In the beach town, I'll be including an "Adventure Club" that will house foreigners.
    Will this be a base camp or are you considering adding a base camp so those who use the NRaas Traveller mod can visit Al Medina on vacation?
    Zach_Bundy wrote:

I love that idea, Zach! :mrgreen:
    Zach_Bundy wrote:
    Also, I'd like to mention that empty lots will be smallish (like 15x15) and they won't be right next to finished areas. This is to preserve the realism. You wouldn't find an empty dirt lot in the middle of downtown, would you?
    Thank you so much for including some empty lots. I am no longer adding ANY lots with the world editor tool anymore since it is breaking routing and can end up ruining a good world. In my own games, I just place a few trees, bushes, etc., on empty lots until I am going to use them, if I ever do, so they don't look so much like empty lots in the game.

If it's not too much to ask, I need one 20 x 15 for a community garden, if there is a decent spot for it. Would you consider that? I like to have ONE place in town with all the edibles in the game planted.

Also, are you going to build a nectary anywhere or is that taboo? :D

~~~~~

Zach, the mountains are looking absolutely fantastic and just reviewing all of your images on the first page again... I am left speechless. The place is simply stunning.

Oh! Another question... will you be providing a sheikh for the palace?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Hi Reachsims!

1)I've decided that the Adventure club will be the largest household of foreigners.

2)I will include a Base Camp also! It'll be in the Foreign Quarter and it will be designed to look like a hotel.

3)I can probably fit that in somewhere.

4)I might include a tiny nectar shop somewhere in the Foreign Quarter. It can't be in the traditional areas since alcohol isn't really super popular in Islamic countries. However since my Foreign Quarter will be based on French colonies, and Morocco is one of the most liberal Muslim countries, I feel like I can include it.

5)For this world, I'm actually going to provide a sultan and his family. They'll be the inhabitants of the palace. Since a sheikh is more of a tribal leader, I was going to include one in the Berber village.

There's going to be some certain techniques in this game concerning location.

1) Different Career tracks will make it MUCH more convenient to live in certain areas of the map.

a. In Central Al Medina, you will find the most ideal place for raising a family and choosing the Political, Military, Police, Science, and Medical career tracks.

b. In the Foreign Quarter, you will find many more leisure and artistic areas than other areas in the map. However, if you have a child, it might be convenient so send him or her to a boarding school, or move to central Al Medina. The highway that winds up

c. In the distant Berber Village, you will find a much more rustic lifestyle. There will be lots of small houses with small gardens for sustaining their inhabitants. If you need anything that's modern at all, then you will probably need to move to a road-connected location. If not, buying a horse may be a great decision.
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited March 2013
    :oops: Of course, I meant sultan but my brain/memory function wasn't working well when I posted.

It all sounds too wonderful to be true, Zach.

For my little community garden, thanks for fitting in a 20 x 15 (or a 15 x 20) if you are able.

I look forward to starting out in the Berber Village so I will look for the sheikh there. I have never raised a horse so that will be a brand new adventure. :mrgreen:

My Sim will do his nectar-making in his tiny basement so as not to be arrested by the authorities but perhaps I might find a tiny nectar shop down some little dark alley in the Foreign Quarter. I know how those Frenchmen love their wine.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Haha! Yeah I was also thinking of making the nectar shop in an alley! I can just imagine tons of people wobbling into a street from out of nowhere.

I'll try to think of names that I can give to a secret nectar dealer from France.

Hah that sounds hilarious
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Page 1 is updated. If you remember, I said in my first post that Matisse would be a source of some inspiration in my world.

Take a look at the mountains and compare it to his "leaf prints".
    Post edited by Unknown User on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top