Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

AL MEDINA, MOROCCO-- IP Resort Finished!!! Download link included on 1st pg

Comments

• Kerim99Kerim99 Posts: 289 Member
    edited February 2013
    Strange... did you use the cheat placefriezies on?
    if yes, maybe, you forgot to deactivate it (placefriezes off)If it is active, your not able to create fountains or pools.. (but maybe i'm wrong...)

Anyway,
    I finished your 3 houses today (2x 15x15 and 1x 20x20)

House 1 (15x15)
    1rnb53eadui.jpg

House 2 (20x20)
    2rpn3ouasbc.jpg

And finally House 3 (15x15)
    3vuqcpt95fw.jpg

All of my houses are CC-free... (I don't like CCs...):)
  • Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited February 2013
    Absolutely perfect! I know exactly where to put them! I have a lot to do on CAW lol...
    edited February 2013
    Kerim99 wrote:
    Strange... did you use the cheat placefriezies on?
    if yes, maybe, you forgot to deactivate it (placefriezes off)If it is active, your not able to create fountains or pools.. (but maybe i'm wrong...)

Anyway,
    I finished your 3 houses today (2x 15x15 and 1x 20x20)

House 1 (15x15)
    1rnb53eadui.jpg

House 2 (20x20)
    2rpn3ouasbc.jpg

And finally House 3 (15x15)
    3vuqcpt95fw.jpg

All of my houses are CC-free... (I don't like CCs...):)

I think that I'll put them on the outskirts of town next to a little oasis or some sort of water.
    edited February 2013
    Okay it took me a looong time to fix the fountains, but now I'm back on track!

I'm downloading your wonderful contributions right now and hopefully within the next two or three days I'll be able to import them to the world
    edited February 2013
    Ugh for two hours I've been trying to build the palace, but I'm back to the drawing board yet again...
    edited February 2013
    Don't laugh at how small the most recent update is. The palace is taking long because I won't accept anything less than perfection on it. Even the insides of the building in the picture aren't finished.
  • Kerim99Kerim99 Posts: 289 Member
    edited February 2013
    The new small update looks good. :)
    I see, you did a lot of work for it :)
    edited February 2013
    thanks! haha I'll be working on it a bit tonight
    edited February 2013
    The sultan's palace is finished! The entire complex, however, still needs a City Hall, Museum, and Mosque
  • RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited February 2013
    I really like what you are doing. I am very excited about this world. As I said before you are welcomed to use any of my sims in my studio. I have both Middle Eastern and Northern European types. Some with skills.
  • Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited February 2013
    I'm getting really excited for this World, I just love your builds they are so full of detail. So many amazing Worlds to pick from I just don't know where to start.
  • SinkalaSinkala Posts: 475 Member
    edited February 2013
    That palace is absolutely stunning. The interior looks beautiful. Thanks to twallans traveller mod, my sims will have a beautiful new land to explore
  • RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hi, I just finished creating a young family for Al Madina. The Hamadi family. Khalid is just starting out in teaching. His wife, Shaheeda is at home with their 2 children, their son, Zahi and daughter Zahra.
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7042334
    In my studio I also have Saleema and Nabeela Haneef. He is a fireman and she is trying to become a chef. then there is Yusuf and Aziza Abdullah. He is a top gun in the military and she is an artist. There is also the Badawi family. the parents as young adults and their 3 young adult children, separately. All families have some money, lifetime rewards and some skills. I also have other families of I guess you could say northern european extration, and then some supernatural sims. I do not use CC. sometimes some store items get used. I do recolor clothing. I hope these sims will be helpful to you.
    edited February 2013
    Thank you all so much for the support! It's always encouraging to know that there are people that are anticipating good work from me. That's what motivates me to design, color, and sculpt as best as I can.

Rukaya those families sound perfect! I believe I have a place in the downtown for the Hamadi Family, and for your Firefighter, I will be placing a Volunteer Fire Department in my French neighborhood. I'd like for those firefighting families to be close to it.

That neighborhood will be separated from central Al Medina by zigzag road through a recreation of the Atlas Mountains, and it will be placed along the edge of a coastline.

I'm also planning to put a tribal Berber village in the mountains on the opposite side, but I will separate it from central Al Medina by using windswept sand dunes.

I also plan to add more buildings along the riverbanks across from my central Island. This, along with my Sultan's Palace Complex, will be considered as central Al Medina.
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hi there! I think I already commented, but I just wanted to stop by again to say that I'm seriously loving what you're doing with this world :thumbup:
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
    edited February 2013
    Don't worry I love correspondence! I like your location: Lost in Misc Decor. I don't know why there isn't a search button or favorites button for making things easier to find
  • Mayeye2Mayeye2 Posts: 87 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Zach_Bundy wrote:
    I like your location: Lost in Misc Decor. I don't know why there isn't a search button or favorites button for making things easier to find

Qft!
  • OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited February 2013
    Love your palace :O That's a lot of work! Great job hun!
    edited March 2013
    Thanks Oil!

I'm in Chicago for most of this week so I don't think I'll get much playtime in.
    edited March 2013
    Back from Chicago; expect an update by tomorrow or wednesday
    edited March 2013
    I'm gonna start work on it right now
  • ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited March 2013
    GreenCats wrote:
    Hi there! I think I already commented, but I just wanted to stop by again to say that I'm seriously loving what you're doing with this world :thumbup:

Same here. I have not had a chance to post in your thread, Zach, and I'm a few pages behind but I do get by here every few days to check on your progress. This is looking simply stunning and I don't mean to leave anyone out but I am also loving all the contributions from Kerim. I've been to his studio several times now to leave recs for all his builds as he adds to this project.

I really admire your attention to detail. When you love what you're creating, it surely shows! Beautiful work here!
    edited March 2013
    The thread is fully updated on the front right now. I swear, I'll get time to implant your contributions guys, I just need to prepare the land around them so I can do them justice.
    edited March 2013
    Reachsims wrote:
    GreenCats wrote:

Same here. I have not had a chance to post in your thread, Zach, and I'm a few pages behind but I do get by here every few days to check on your progress. This is looking simply stunning and I don't mean to leave anyone out but I am also loving all the contributions from Kerim. I've been to his studio several times now to leave recs for all his builds as he adds to this project.

I really admire your attention to detail. When you love what you're creating, it surely shows! Beautiful work here!

Thanks! Your words are so encouraging and it's awesome to see that the efforts behind what you can see in the final results, such as watching hour-long documentaries about Morocco, looking at hundreds of google images, making custom patterns, etc. are actually being appreciated. It's definitely a labor of love!

Kerim and my other contributors have been simply fantastic. At first I didn't know what I would get by making my world open-sourced, but now that I know I have these contributors, I'd never go back.
  • ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited March 2013
    Exactly! The hours of homework you have done are ever so apparent in this labor of love. Even my husband has taken an interest in your project as he was born in Morocco and even though he takes absolutely zero interest in Sims, he is a former home builder and he knows quality when he sees it. He has an eye for details and we are both just very particular about things being as accurately depicted as the game will possibly allow. This desire for perfectionism in our own creations is a tremendous blessing in many areas of our life and for this game, it allows the player some immersion and/or a taste of a culture. Not many of us can afford to travel the world but playing in these different "countries" allows us something and it's a very sweet thing. Many thanks, Zach!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top