Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

AL MEDINA, MOROCCO-- IP Resort Finished!!! Download link included on 1st pg

Comments

• RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited February 2013
    That sounds good. You know you might try asking Rflong about populating worlds. She has created worlds that come with populations and then other worlds that use a save file. I will see about maybe creating a few other sims too and maybe giving them some skills and jobs. They are handy for populating a world a little bit, so they just don't stand around doing nothing. I wish we had more options in ethnic clothing styles. Oh well have to make do with what is available. When you are ready for some testers I will spread the word on the World Adventure thread. We all look for different worlds to try out and test and then tell others in our thread about them. Have a great weekend. :D
  • Patarico75Patarico75 Posts: 12
    edited February 2013
    Wow! a Moroccan world this doesn't come along very often. It looks amazing. I could TRY and help make Sims but i'm not promising anything... and they might not be very good. When you do need Sims just list down what Sims you want in a family and i'll try my hardest to make a Sim. Again it might not be any good though
  • Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited February 2013
    Rukaya wrote:
    That sounds good. You know you might try asking Rflong about populating worlds. She has created worlds that come with populations and then other worlds that use a save file. I will see about maybe creating a few other sims too and maybe giving them some skills and jobs. They are handy for populating a world a little bit, so they just don't stand around doing nothing. I wish we had more options in ethnic clothing styles. Oh well have to make do with what is available. When you are ready for some testers I will spread the word on the World Adventure thread. We all look for different worlds to try out and test and then tell others in our thread about them. Have a great weekend. :D

You too! I'm sure you'll be a very valuable friend :)
    edited February 2013
    Patarico75 wrote:
    Wow! a Moroccan world this doesn't come along very often. It looks amazing. I could TRY and help make Sims but i'm not promising anything... and they might not be very good. When you do need Sims just list down what Sims you want in a family and i'll try my hardest to make a Sim. Again it might not be any good though

I'm about 80 percent done with terrain sculpting and 45 percent done with building right now. I'm still a ways before needing sims, but I'll be glad to have a diverse group of helpers on my side!
    edited February 2013
    The next house I need to commission from one of you guys will be very strange:

The lot needs to be 23x8, covered in foundation as much as possible, and use tall arches on all four sides.
  • NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited February 2013
    Wow, very vibrant! I like how you are developing it! :mrgreen:
    There are many Moroccan immigrants here and I know some people from there. I can help you with the names if you want :wink:
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited February 2013
    Zach, your world looks lovely, and original. I will be keeping tabs of your progress and might even be available to help test when you are ready :D
  • Kerim99Kerim99 Posts: 289 Member
    edited February 2013
    I can help you a bit more... :)
    If you want of course :)

I like building small houses :)
  • Mayeye2Mayeye2 Posts: 87 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Okay sorry, missed the post where you list WA/LN/AMB/GEN/Pets as what you'll use. Would you like me to go back to the Mini and redo it?
    This also takes some of the sting out of my game crashing last night and eating half my work on Essaouira. :shock: Usually my builds are just for myself so just use what I like, but I can easily limit items to exclusively those 5 expansions (though it won't be quite as pretty imo. :wink:

<edit> Errr, on second look that may be problematic with Essaouira. Didn't realize there was *quite* so much store and Showtime/Supernatural items in there already. Does the game replace items you don't have with same-colored approximations?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited February 2013
    Nilxis wrote:
    Wow, very vibrant! I like how you are developing it! :mrgreen:
    There are many Moroccan immigrants here and I know some people from there. I can help you with the names if you want :wink:

Wow it's an honor to get a compliment like that from the person who's making Ziwa Bonde! I'll keep in touch for those names :wink:
    edited February 2013
    tammyjo329 wrote:
    Zach, your world looks lovely, and original. I will be keeping tabs of your progress and might even be available to help test when you are ready :D

Thanks! Since I'm using tombs, long bridges, and unconventional routing then I'll definitely need some help with testing.
    edited February 2013
    Kerim99 wrote:
    I can help you a bit more... :)
    If you want of course :)

I like building small houses :)

Hi! Could you build a 23x12 lot? It'll be overlooking a steep cliff, so it should be built on a foundation with about 2 squares of space on the edges.
    edited February 2013
    Mayeye2 wrote:
    Okay sorry, missed the post where you list WA/LN/AMB/GEN/Pets as what you'll use. Would you like me to go back to the Mini and redo it?
    This also takes some of the sting out of my game crashing last night and eating half my work on Essaouira. :shock: Usually my builds are just for myself so just use what I like, but I can easily limit items to exclusively those 5 expansions (though it won't be quite as pretty imo. :wink:

<edit> Errr, on second look that may be problematic with Essaouira. Didn't realize there was *quite* so much store and Showtime/Supernatural items in there already. Does the game replace items you don't have with same-colored approximations?

TBH, I think I've gotten to the point where my houses and buildings will have to be custom-made because the lot sizes on my main island will be very strange in order to accommodate for cliff-sides and winding roads. If you're still interested I might be able to find something for you later on...
  • Mayeye2Mayeye2 Posts: 87 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Zach_Bundy wrote:
    TBH, I think I've gotten to the point where my houses and buildings will have to be custom-made because the lot sizes on my main island will be very strange in order to accommodate for cliff-sides and winding roads. If you're still interested I might be able to find something for you later on...

Ah well that's alright. I wanted to help cause this world looks so amazing! Really looking forward to it. I'd also be glad to help playtest at some later date.

<edit> Besides, my game seems to have issues with Essaouira--it keeps crashing! :evil: :evil:
    edited February 2013
    Sure,
    I'll build a 23x12 lot for you :)
    edited February 2013
    And now, I finished it :)

Again, to download it, click on the screenshot :)
    screenshot2il2drj3eqy.jpg

I hope you like it :)

Edit: I know it's a bit monochrome...:)
    edited February 2013
    One of the bedrooms :)

screenshot0j8agt7spr.jpg
    edited February 2013
    Oh. My. God! It's so awesome and perfect!!! It'll fit in exactly where I need it.

Would you mind if I put some curtains on the upper floor?
    edited February 2013
    Ah dang, no time to play today.
    edited February 2013
    Zach_Bundy wrote:
    Oh. My. God! It's so awesome and perfect!!! It'll fit in exactly where I need it.

Would you mind if I put some curtains on the upper floor?

Yes, I think, it would be better with curtains :)
    edited February 2013
    Today's gonna be a long day, and I hope that I'll get time tonight to play.

Hey! That rhymes! Hurray!
    edited February 2013
    Owfff! Sims deprived for another day...
    edited February 2013
    bump
    edited February 2013
    Kerim99 wrote:
    Sure,
    I'll build a 23x12 lot for you :)

screenshot_original.jpg

Hey! I just got the time to implant your lot! It looks really great.
    edited February 2013
    I think I have natural talent with Create-A-Pattern. I'm not gonna upload those patterns by themselves though, I'd rather keep them exclusively in my world.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top