Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

AL MEDINA, MOROCCO-- IP Resort Finished!!! Download link included on 1st pg

Comments

• rchristisonrchristison Posts: 129 Member
    edited February 2013
    @Zack, just want to check the size of park you would like before I start was it 10x10 or 20x10? :)

Edit

And do you have Showtime? ( they have a great spanish fountain...)
    Origin ID - OrtwinOmaar
  • Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited February 2013
    @Zack, just want to check the size of park you would like before I start was it 10x10 or 20x10? :)

Edit

And do you have Showtime? ( they have a great spanish fountain...)

I'd like it to be 10x10 so that I can fit it as a nice decoration in my Medina.

I don't have Showtime right now, sorry :( I might go get it one of these days if it's worth it to have some of that stuff in my world. I'll check it out.
    edited February 2013
    Gonna spend more time on Create a Pattern tonight. If this world is gonna get done, it's gonna get done right.

Yeehaw
    edited February 2013
    Just uploading Kifkif Nefoura into my studio now ( there are some screens shots as well)
    It's nothing fancy, you might be able to use it somewhere :)

(Kifkif means the same - i Was thinking about the Geometric side! Nafoura means fountain)
    Origin ID - OrtwinOmaar
    edited February 2013
    Thanks! I'll take a look at it!
    edited February 2013
    I looked at it and I knew immediately that it's exactly what I need! It's subtle, yet pretty and geometric. It will perfectly fit in my neighborhood. I can even see more of these plopped around here and there.

It's really unique and wonderful! I don't think you give yourself enough credit as a builder!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited February 2013
    I'm not sure what I should ask you to build next because right now I have a bunch of strange lot sizes for houses, and one of them is for a tomb. I'll be sure to stay in touch.
    edited February 2013
    screenshot_original.jpg

This is what your lot looks like in my world. This part of the neighborhood is supposed to look a little bit run down, so I had to get rid of the hedges and darken the benches a bit.
    edited February 2013
    Zach_Bundy wrote:
    I looked at it and I knew immediately that it's exactly what I need! It's subtle, yet pretty and geometric. It will perfectly fit in my neighborhood. I can even see more of these plopped around here and there.

It's really unique and wonderful! I don't think you give yourself enough credit as a builder!

Phew! :D I'm glad you like it,and can use it! :)
    Origin ID - OrtwinOmaar
    edited February 2013
    If I get time today I'll either create a garden house or keep plugging away at that irritating new tomb
    edited February 2013
    Agggh! Tomb Builders for Hire!
  • Kerim99Kerim99 Posts: 289 Member
    edited February 2013
    If you need some houses...
    I'm ready to help. :)
    edited February 2013
    Kerim99 wrote:

Yeah sure! Next time I'm able to get to play, then I'll find a lot size for you.

For houses, definitely don't be afraid to impress me on the inside. I'd keep it to how you'd imagine the 40's in Morocco, for example, I only have one old fashioned tv in the entire town so far.

On the exterior you don't have to be too strict, but just make sure that it'll fit in with other houses. I don't want a neon-pink house in the midst of brown houses.

Thanks a ton! I'll add you to my list of helpers. I'm glad that there's so many people who feel passionately enough about my world to actually contribute. Thanks so much for the support guys!

P.S. I've seen your "Marrokkanisch" house and it looks perfect for what will become the outskirts of my town.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited February 2013
    Kerim99 wrote:

Could you do a 15x10 for the Medina?
    edited February 2013
    Ok, then I'll start to build a 15x10 house
    not sure if I can finish it today.. I'm sure you get it tomorrow. :)
    edited February 2013
    Kerim99 wrote:
    Ok, then I'll start to build a 15x10 house
    not sure if I can finish it today.. I'm sure you get it tomorrow. :)

I'm excited to see it! It's interesting how different brains construct buildings in different ways using different methods and features. I would've never have thought of putting a platform next to a fountain, but I love it!

edited February 2013
    Finally gonna get to play today!
    edited February 2013
    Front page has update for today
    edited February 2013
    I finished your 15x10 house :)
    And here it is:
    screenshotjc3w2fgt8q.jpg

To download it, click on the screenshot :)
    edited February 2013
    I'm sorry, but a fountain is big... too big for a 15x10 lot... :)
  • Mayeye2Mayeye2 Posts: 87 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Don't usually post or share my stuff because the whole taking-pictures part intimidates me, but I've made a semi-Moroccan lot you are welcome to use.
    This one is 10x15: http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/755/488/014/00/screenshot_original.jpg (Should be a couple more pics in my studio under Media)
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6973472 is the DL link.

I'm working on another one atm although it may take a while, it's larger (30x20, with the short end facing the road) and based off of http://www.architecturaldigest.com/decor/2012-05/dorothea-elkon-salem-grassi-morocco-home-article

Also realized that both these lots have Showtime and Lucky Palms items in them, so some of it may not render.

<edit> Er, and the Mini has some castle wall pieces. Feel free to mod to your heart's content.
  • RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited February 2013
    Zach-Bundy, Your world is looking very lovely. I have some Arab sims in my studio. You can tell by the names. You are welcomed to them. Might want to change some of the clothes. I think some of them have skills and simoleans. In fact I have some northern European types too. No CC but maybe some store items. If your world does not have CC I would enjoy testing it. I also don't use mods or rugs if that is a limitation. Am Testing another world right now. Good luck on your world. Also am bookmarking this site. :D
    edited February 2013
    Kerim99 wrote:
    I finished your 15x10 house :)
    And here it is:
    screenshotjc3w2fgt8q.jpg

To download it, click on the screenshot :)

Oh my Gosh it's awesome! I didn't mean for you to make a fountain I was just referencing something another person made for me :)

Thank you so much!
    edited February 2013
    Mayeye2 wrote:
    Don't usually post or share my stuff because the whole taking-pictures part intimidates me, but I've made a semi-Moroccan lot you are welcome to use.
    This one is 10x15: http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/755/488/014/00/screenshot_original.jpg (Should be a couple more pics in my studio under Media)
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6973472 is the DL link.

I'm working on another one atm although it may take a while, it's larger (30x20, with the short end facing the road) and based off of http://www.architecturaldigest.com/decor/2012-05/dorothea-elkon-salem-grassi-morocco-home-article

Also realized that both these lots have Showtime and Lucky Palms items in them, so some of it may not render.

I DO like your house but I can't use it if it has custom content and store content in it because I've had bad experiences with those in the past while making worlds.

That house that you're currently making would look AMAZING in my world if you would let me use it :wink:
    edited February 2013
    Rukaya wrote:
    Zach-Bundy, Your world is looking very lovely. I have some Arab sims in my studio. You can tell by the names. You are welcomed to them. Might want to change some of the clothes. I think some of them have skills and simoleans. In fact I have some northern European types too. No CC but maybe some store items. If your world does not have CC I would enjoy testing it. I also don't use mods or rugs if that is a limitation. Am Testing another world right now. Good luck on your world. Also am bookmarking this site. :D

Thanks! I'd love it if someone could help me playtest my world and give me opinions and info about routing issues, glitches, speed, etc.

My world won't have any mods other than the one for populating it (which I will have to figure out). You won't be limited by that though because the world file doesn't come along with the software that was used to make it.

I'll definitely think about using your sims when I get to that point. Making each of them myself would either result in a very long process, or just a bunch of generic and uninspired sims, which I would really dislike.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top