Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruKelly- What Happen About Getting Fountains Fixed?? Updated to Add List on First Post

Comments

• Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited October 2013
    I can confirm that we cannot do a separate Store Update to address these issues. The fixes need to be in an EP Update and I am working with the EP team right now, so don't give up hope.

Speak of the fast devil, thank you for responding.... :lol::lol: 8)
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited October 2013
    I saw the Into The Future expansion pack video preview showing a fountain that actually had the water flowing down/working.
    So does that mean we will finally have a new fountain working? :shock:
    *I REALLY hope for the old ones getting fixed too! :roll:
  • Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited October 2013
    So there is hope? :mrgreen: Yippee!!!!!!
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited October 2013
    I saw the Into The Future expansion pack video preview showing a fountain that actually had the water flowing down/working.
    Nah, it was all CGI!

:roll: ;-)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    ajaxpost wrote:
    Nah, it was all CGI!

:roll: ;-)

But then that would be deceptive - FALSE ADVERTISING!
    And THAT just happens to be, technically, ILLEGAL! :evil: :cry:
    Hope that's not true, or that you yourself were kidding....
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    edited October 2013
    It seems that both IP fountain have one in common: The slot file is missing (which isn't only used for object placement or sitting). Those objects are able to load their effect but don't know where to put them.

The water pump on the other hand isn't a fountain object per se and thus doesn't have any effect at all.
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited October 2013
    I can confirm that we cannot do a separate Store Update to address these issues. The fixes need to be in an EP Update and I am working with the EP team right now, so don't give up hope.

Thank you for keeping us updated! I guess this also means our last hope is the patch coming out for ITF.

Edit To Add: SGKelly, I know this is not a store issue, but if you could bring this to the attention of the EP team I would greatly appreciate it. Seems that elders can no longer use the canes that came with Generations. Thread was started in that EP's forum, but no response has been given.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/591881.page

Again, thank you for always trying to help us out!! I appreciate all your efforts! :D
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    It worked!
    screenshot_original.jpg
    But I also think SGKelly is right. The effects/sounds are assigned in one of the core files and there are only EP/no Store fountains.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    kusurusu wrote:
    It worked!
    screenshot_original.jpg
    But I also think SGKelly is right. The effects/sounds are assigned in one of the core files and there are only EP/no Store fountains.

Hey, how did you get those fountains to work????
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Tiki5872 wrote:
    kusurusu wrote:
    It worked!

I just copied the slot (RSLT) file from one of the working fountains, adjusted the values and registered those new files in VPXY.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    kusurusu wrote:
    Tiki5872 wrote:
    kusurusu wrote:
    It worked!

I just copied the slot (RSLT) file from one of the working fountains, adjusted the values and registered those new files in VPXY.

Uh... yeah ok! :lol: Everything you just said is in a alien language to me! :lol: I figure you used a program to open up the sims3pack and made some adjustments?? I really want mine to work now... they look awesome with running water!! I am really hoping the ITF patch is going to include the fix for these.
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited October 2013
    kusurusu wrote:
    Tiki5872 wrote:
    kusurusu wrote:
    It worked!

Can I assume you are in a sense modifying the objects by adding the needed file- are u using s3pe
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    SGKelly, with the release today of patch 1.63, and it not containing anything in regards to the fountain issue, or store items issues in general, where does this leave us as far as ever getting these items fixed??
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited October 2013
    Tiki5872 wrote:
    SGKelly, with the release today of patch 1.63, and it not containing anything in regards to the fountain issue, or store items issues in general, where does this leave us as far as ever getting these items fixed??

It better mean a final patch is still coming, with more extensive fixes for long-time problems that have never been addressed. This patch did so little, concentrating primarily on beta fixes for ITF. It seemed to be more of an emergency fix, so ITF could be played as something other than a beta game.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    amjoie wrote:
    Tiki5872 wrote:

It better mean a final patch is still coming, with more extensive fixes for long-time problems that have never been addressed. This patch did so little, concentrating primarily on beta fixes for ITF. It seemed to be more of an emergency fix, so ITF could be played as something other than a beta game.

I agree with you both!
    What good is the water fountains, esp in IP, if they just "sit there"? :(
    It's like getting a cheeseburger without the cheese, or burger! :evil:

And the rest of the "patch notes" got me so bummed, I just spent almost all the Simpoints I had, to try to cheer myself up.
    Considering I'm new to buying Store, & collecting Simpoints, this just drained most what I had...time to start over, again....

Well as long as this patch doesn't break the game again...I can't take deleting my saves & Sims any more!
    I feel like a rat in an experiment - with EA trying to see how long I can take it! :cry:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    amjoie wrote:
    Tiki5872 wrote:

I hope you are right amjoie! I know a lot simmers, me included will be very upset if not!
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    Emjei12Emjei12 Posts: 575 Member
    edited October 2013
    A freaking big bump for this thread!!! :lol:
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited October 2013
    I didn't expect this patch to fix the fountains as one of the broadcasts showed a fountain and it didn't work.

I also think that the broken fountains is why we haven't had any new fountains in the Store as of late, but that doesn't change the fact we have already paid for broken objects. Either the fountains should be fixed or people should be reimbursed their SimPoints for the fountains. Preferably the fountains should be fixed.
  • Options
    SimGuruKellySimGuruKelly Posts: 173
    edited October 2013
    Fixing these is still in the plan. It just might take a little longer than everyone is hoping for since we weren't able to squeeze them into the ITF update. I know I've said this many times, but don't lose hope yet. It is my personal mission to see these fixed.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Fixing these is still in the plan. It just might take a little longer than everyone is hoping for since we weren't able to squeeze them into the ITF update. I know I've said this many times, but don't lose hope yet. It is my personal mission to see these fixed.

Thank you so much SGKelly!! I was a little concerned when I did not see the fix for these in the ITF patch. It's a relief to know that this is still something we can look foward too. You and your persistence in getting this resolved for us, is greatly appreciated! :thumbup:
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited October 2013
    Weealbet wrote:
    I didn't expect this patch to fix the fountains as one of the broadcasts showed a fountain and it didn't work.

I also think that the broken fountains is why we haven't had any new fountains in the Store as of late, but that doesn't change the fact we have already paid for broken objects. Either the fountains should be fixed or people should be reimbursed their SimPoints for the fountains. Preferably the fountains should be fixed.

Calling them broken isn't fair at all. These objects were designed to NOT have animations and the fact that SimGuruKelly is paying attention and has decided to add animations to them is not to fix a broken item, but to support the players.

Keep in mind that they need to add a layer of programming to these items to add in the animations and may even have to patch in NEW animations if the currently existing ones don't fit the shape of the already-designed object. Remember the fire in the Mexican fireplace?

This is much appreciated. Thank you very much.
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,216 Member
    edited October 2013
    MrHawk, I respectfully both agree and disagree with you.

Speaking of Store Fountains Only.

By sight (just my eyeballing and looking at the design of certain fountains) it is clear to me they are more of a decorative item and not a functional one. This is where I agree with you.

However, going by the written description of every fountain except Mother Brassbeard's Birdbath which is categorized and labeled as a "birdbath" (i.e. still water) I would not expect anything to be done with it. This is where I disagree.

The frog "could/should" have been labeled as a birdbath because in its still form that's what it looks like. However, the frog is holding a tilted leaf which visually implies that water is pouring from it. And it is labeled as a fountain. Not a sculpture, or statue but, a fountain.

The Kraken
    Without water animating this one it looks like a fountain which is just plain dry and forgotten by time. Not a happy thought. However, again they used the term bathtub (water) in the description and a visual of the Kraken as she/he is splashing about. This implies moving water.

The Moroccan by its very description suggests it is incomplete. (Shame on you Store Team!)

Here's the description:
    "Birds bathing in this fountain might think they’ve flown a little too far from their nests! Turn your backyard into an other-worldly paradise with its colorful mosaics and meditating water trickles."

"Water trickles" implies moving water.

Does it mean the fountains when they were released into the store were broken creations? Not at all. What it does suggest to me is that these objects were not advertised properly. And, because of this I believe the team should make good that the product meets the expectation of the description.
  • Options
    PutowtinPutowtin Posts: 559 Member
    edited October 2013

You're like a fountain superhero... we should get you a cape!
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited October 2013

I'm very impressed with your diligence and genuine care for your fans' simmer needs.

Thank you so much! :mrgreen:

*big hug*
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    NiralynNiralyn Posts: 755 Member
    edited October 2013

SimGuruKelly, thank you so much for your response! :thumbup:

Knowing that conscientious employees are doing their best to address this issue helps us to feel valued and heard as loyal customers of the Sims franchise. :mrgreen:

If you are in any way fighting an uphill battle in-house, know that we appreciate all your efforts and are cheering you on! :D