Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruKelly- What Happen About Getting Fountains Fixed?? Updated to Add List on First Post

Comments

• Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited January 2014
    double post - sorry
  • Options
    Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited January 2014
    YellowJane wrote:
    not only fountains :( my Island Paradise underwater caves reset all Sims that enter them, making the humans get the depressurized moodlet, not to mention, I cannot explore.. the caves. There are many many glitches that hasn't seen the light of almighty fixing :cry:

^^This

My sims often reset and appear back on land when diving. It's drives me nuts, because then I have to swim them out again and re-dive them. They said this was fixed in a patch, and yet it continues to happen... :(
    Hi,
    try to reset underwater cave with NRaas "Debug enabler" before entering in it. I'm so sorry that we need third parties fixes for to have this game playable, but this is a reason, why I'm using mods.
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited January 2014
    Time for me to be diligent on this thread again until we get some answers. I will be bumping this thread to the front page. Would appreciate everyone's help to keep it there. :D
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited January 2014
    On Tuesday this thread turns one year old, and we still haven't seen an update that fixes the fountains.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    tamalinn wrote:
    On Tuesday this thread turns one year old, and we still haven't seen an update that fixes the fountains.

:(:( Sad, but true! Also, to be honest, I have lost hope. I have since learned that SGKelly has moved on to the Sims 4 team, so who knows if anyone is even looking at this any longer. I tried to keep it on the front page, but it's hard when it keeps getting bumped down by threads about the new items coming out. I get the feeling that maybe some simmers just don't care, and if there are not enough who care and voice it, EA will turn a blind eye.
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited January 2014
    Tiki5872 wrote:
    ....I have lost hope. I have since learned that SGKelly has moved on to the Sims 4 team,...
    Then I'm loosing hope too. :( So much old bugs (not only with fountains) and so few persons caring about.
    I can't absolutelly think about TS4 .... I'm scared, this will be the same. :(:(:(
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited January 2014
    Tiki5872 wrote:
    I have since learned that SGKelly has moved on to the Sims 4 team, so who knows if anyone is even looking at this any longer.

But then that would make his posts about this issue, more like trying to placate us, than ever intending on fixing anything. :roll:

And, as a paying consumer, I find that highly insulting. :evil:

After all, what do most customers do when buying & getting a defective product? :(

Many companies stand behind their products.
    It seems EA does not...
    Yet prices go up...
    But Customer service & quality goes way down!

I am very disappointed! :cry:
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    edited January 2014
    Tiki5872 wrote:
    ....I have lost hope. I have since learned that SGKelly has moved on to the Sims 4 team,...
    Then I'm loosing hope too. :( So much old bugs (not only with fountains) and so few persons caring about.
    I can't absolutelly think about TS4 .... I'm scared, this will be the same. :(:(:(

If the bugs aren't fixed in Sims 3 there is no way I'm spending a cent on Sims 4 as there is no reason to expect they won't do it all over again there.
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited January 2014
    I just wanted to add that I care!

I've been monitoring this thread on and off for months, as well as the broken Store items and broken PC threads, and I must say that I'm disappointed we haven't seen a fix. I own all of the EPs, all of the SPs and a disturbing amount of Store content now, and I'd like to see these issues straightened out -- there are, of course, some problems that I can't imagine being easy to fix, so it's fair enough (sort of) for them to be ignored as rare nuisances, but fountains, miscategorised items and doors/windows with poor cut-outs? We shouldn't have to wait a year for such simple but important things!

As others have said, this is a major selling point for me in buying Sims 4. I already have spent so much on Sims 3 (never mind Sims 2), so before I go investing more money into a new game, I'd like to be able to play Sims 3 FULLY -- and that includes with all of the fountains I've bought! Until I feel like I've gotten my money's worth out of this game, I won't be making the move to Sims 4. For me, as a total completionist, that's really quite sad -- I'm excited to see all of the new building options, and the new game as a whole, but there are far too many reasons for me right now not to bother. I know that another lost customer won't persuade the PowersThatBe to fix these issues, but I think it's worth mentioning.

I am still hopeful, however, that we will see something SOON; SGKelly did say that an update is in the works and on schedule, and while I don't doubt that the SimGurus might try to placate us, I find it hard to believe one would outright lie like that. I certainly hope not!

Anyway, thank you to those who have kept this thread alive so long! Without you, we'd never get anything fixed!
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    trashbinsouvenirtrashbinsouvenir Posts: 412 Member
    edited January 2014
    I've been trying to keep these threads on the front page as well. I'm sure there are many people working on the store that would love to go in and do some fixes, and just need approval from the higher ups. I'm not sure how it works over there, of course, but pretty much every company has somewhat of a similar hierarchical system. So what I'm really after is proving to those "up there" that we aren't going away, and it is indeed worth the time to go back and fix old bugs.

It is indeed losing customers, and EA is already known as the worst video game company and has much hate from players across all genres. They've stated wanting to fix that, and since The Sims is such a money maker, and a huge part of the casual gamer market, they really need to be aware that pleasing the main fanbase is important. And right now, to encourage the main fan base, fixing these errors is the biggest (and seemingly decently easy) way to keep us buying.

Hopefully they'll listen, or maybe a Guru can take this information and use the contents for evidence of the need for the fixes and get a go ahead for a fix patch. I don't know- just hoping somehow this gets recognized.
    Simply,
    Brittany (bwillisucf)

Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited January 2014
    I'm still here with ya, Tiki! I've kinda lost hope too. EA isn't making any profit in fixing broken stuff is all I can figure why it hasn't been a priority. I'd sure like to stay optimistic, though. :(
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited January 2014
    Not everyone takes the time to write about something that has already received Guru attention and assurance.

BUT they watch. And wait, silently.

It would be a grave mistake to assume the problems will simply go away, if ignored. Not this time. People are too aggrieved.

We still have a patch promised. I will reserve judgment until then. As will most people. If we don't see real heavy-duty (not token) fixes in the next patch, TS4 is in jeopardy, in my opinion.
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited January 2014
    tamalinn wrote:

While I appreciate the efforts of many to keep this issue in the forefront, I don't fantasize about something happening because this thread is on the first page. If EA wanted to fix this problem, they would have fixed it a long time ago.

I don't pass any judgement on the choices of the company. EA has made their own choices and they have apparently judged that most of the Sims 3 problems are not worth fixing. Or... the fan-base isn't worth the effort. As a company, they are free to make that call and I am free to respond with my wallet when they try to sell the next thing.
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited January 2014
    So far the only response to this thread has been that the guru who responded has left the building, so I don't know where that leaves us...
    I'm not even sure who is still out there on the Store team, and whether fixing stuff is on their agenda.

Given a choice, though, I would opt for no more new content and fixes for the old stuff. I know that's probably not a popular opinion, but if the Store team is growing smaller every month, choices will have to be made. And I for one hope it's a choice for quality.
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    edited January 2014
    I'm not at all sure whether all the problems will ever be addressed now.
    Even if a super duper patch is released that fixes all the faults, I wouldn't want to install it now that Twallan has left. Because any new patch will make his mods obsolete and frankly I don't trust any EA fix not to simply break something else. The game is a borked mess without his mods installed so no contest there over which to keep.

The store team is shrinking rapidly and rather than see bright new things every other week it would have been better imo if problems with existing content were sorted first.
    The last patch 1.63 rendered some premium content useless. Which is pretty typical of how things have been with Sims 3 and I've lost all interest in pouring more money into their Sims franchise, Sims4 is the end of the line for me.
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited January 2014
    tumblr_mft7xaRJaI1rm06tco1_r1_250.gif
  • Options
    tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited January 2014
    KarinL wrote:
    So far the only response to this thread has been that the guru who responded has left the building, so I don't know where that leaves us...
    I'm not even sure who is still out there on the Store team, and whether fixing stuff is on their agenda.

Given a choice, though, I would opt for no more new content and fixes for the old stuff. I know that's probably not a popular opinion, but if the Store team is growing smaller every month, choices will have to be made. And I for one hope it's a choice for quality.

You're opinion isn't that unpopular. I'm in your corner, at least, and I'm honestly surprised that there are simmers who are aggravated that we're not getting more new stuff 'til February. Why do you want more broken stuff? Why don't you want the old stuff fixed? Imagine a world where using toddler PC didn't render toddlers unusable! Where sims did things autonomously besides eat fried food! where sims could ride a roller coaster without wildly jerking all over the tracks! Where fountains weren't stagnant! Where the Tree of Prosperity didn't make a ToP-less save in Midnight Hollow grind to a halt! Etc., etc., etc.
  • Options
    kari6041kari6041 Posts: 756 New Member
    edited January 2014
    The fountains aren't the only things that have been forgotten about. What really aggravates me is that we all paid good money for the Japanese Hibachi grill and also the brick oven. Those also have yet to be fixed! How can I take my sim family out for Japanese or out for pizza if nothing works! Its very frustrating!! I hope they do something soon!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    It's good to see that soo many simmers still care about these issues! Let's hope the next patch coming holds a lot of fixes for not only the fountains, but many other store item/EP content as well. As for me, EA has left me feeling "meh" (at least for the moment) and this is why as far as SIms 4 is concerned ... not buying it. If they do not put effort into fixing items I have spent my money on, then I definitely will not be going another round with SIms 4!
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    edited January 2014
    Wait, what? Where did Twallan go?

Still not buying Sims 4. Poor customer service and subpar products.
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited January 2014
    Tiki5872 wrote:
    As for me, EA has left me feeling "meh" (at least for the moment) and this is why as far as SIms 4 is concerned ... not buying it. If they do not put effort into fixing items I have spent my money on, then I definitely will not be going another round with SIms 4!
    I'm not buying Sims 4 either for these same reasons, for the reasons Tamalinn posted and a few more of my own. I once made a list I considered posting that was titled, Ten things I hate about you, EA. I had a really hard time narrowing my list down to only ten things. That's pretty tragic, really.

I will possibly consider Sims 4 after it has been out for a good long time, if it's on sale for about half-price and if there is some sort of way to build our own worlds and if we don't have to pay the store for recolors of everything since we are not getting CASt and if some of this Sims 3 mess is fixed and/or patched. That is a whole lot of IFs and all of them are important to me.

EDIT TO ADD: I don't care about any new Sims 3 content at all. I just want the old stuff fixed. You know, the stuff I already bought and the stuff you also already paid for. That old stuff.
  • Options
    AngelinArosebedAngelinArosebed Posts: 117
    edited January 2014
    I'm never buying Sims 4, for a lot of reasons but the biggest is because they have a total lack of support for the Sims 3, from what I hear they had a total lack of support for Sims 2 and a great deal of their other games as well. EA is a terrible company and I am stopping where I started - with Sims 3.

Even if they patched up the game, I doubt I would install it. EA patches are notorious for breaking more than they fix and frankly my game wouldn't be any fun anymore without Twallan's mods and since he won't be doing anymore work on them...nope, not updating my game anymore.

It's sad the fountains and a lot of other issues don't work/aren't getting fixed. I didn't even know the fountains were broken, I feel silly now that I didn't ever wonder why it said 'fountain' and never spit out water.
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited January 2014
    I need the critical patch, if I want to use my PC store stuff. Or want to switch from world to world in the main menu. The game still needs this patch. Critically.

I don't use NRAAS, so the patch is what I'm waiting for, to make my game play well. I was going to try a couple NRAAS things after the final patch, after he worked out all the bugs that still exist in his stuff. But it looks like he's thrown in the towel, so I won't be going there.

At the very least, the broken PC store stuff needs to be fixed by EA. At the very least.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Push back to the front page! Anyone over at EA reading this thread and can give us a update on a patch for all the broken content!?
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited January 2014
    Nothing worse than a company that takes your money & doesn't stand behind their products!

Buy a broken product in an actual physical Store? Refund or replacement...
    From EA: IF you can get an actual "CS/whoever's responsible", to respond,
    " So sorry...blah, blah...blah.."

Feels a bit like a door slammed in the face! :evil:

* Patches that are supposed to FIX things, to actually BREAK what you paid for?
    Reprehensible!
    :roll: