Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruKelly- What Happen About Getting Fountains Fixed?? Updated to Add List on First Post

Hate to be a pain in the beeehind, but I still have fountains that do not work aka... no animations. Ontop of that, I just purchased Morocco Mystique and realized that this fountain has no animations either! :evil:

krimsonnox had started this thread
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/596949.page
and on the 6th post down you stated that it would be looked into... that was three months ago. Is there a status update to this issue??

UPDATE: List of fountains with no animations

Store fountains
Tropical Fountain- Tiki Outdoor Set
Morroccan Oasis- Morrocco Mystique Set
Poseidon's Fury- Bucaneer's Bounty Set
Fun Time For Kraken- Bucaneer's Bounty Set
Tranquil Trickle Fountain- Zen Again Set
Faire Frog Fountain- Faire Folk Outdoors

Screenshot.jpg

Fountain of the Sphinx

Screenshot-2.jpg

Spring of Youth- Bonus item for Simpoint purchase (May 2010)

Screenshot-3.jpg

Ambitions EP

Rustic Water Pump- This has water movement in the small reservoir at the bottom, indicating that water should be flowing out of the pump.

Screenshot-4.jpg

Island Paradise EP

Xopeckuato the Great
Fish Hero Planter

Screenshot-5.jpg

If anyone knows of a fountain that is not working and you do not see it listed here, please let me know and I will add it. Thank you!

Store Hot Tubs

Le Cirque Espirit- Le Cirque Celebration Set

Screenshot-8-2.jpg

Infinite Flow- Japanese Inspired Living Comp. set

Screenshot-7-1.jpg

King & Queen of Steam- Viva Las Vegas Bedroom Set

Screenshot-6-2.jpg

*Thank you AznSensei for helping me with the hot tub list!
If anyone knows of any other hot tubs that have broken animations, please let me know so I can add them to this list
NewBanner.jpg
Origin ID: Tiki5872

Comments

• Options
    Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Yes, please!
  • Options
    krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited January 2013
    Yes!!! It would be good to know if this has been investigated. :) Pwease???
  • Options
    OolonglongOolonglong Posts: 562 Member
    edited January 2013
    Another sad fountain lover hoping for a response.
  • Options
    rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited January 2013
    yes please

i have the moroco fountain too the water just slops back and forth the same with the frog it looks like it has a teaspoon of water in it

with the morocco one in one game i did use moO with one of the water geysers and it look pretty cool with water spraying but honestly i don't think i should need to resort to a cheat for proper fountain animations

edit to add pic

Screenshot-3-1.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,925 Member
    edited January 2013
    Yes working fountains would be nice. As soon as someone posts they are fixed I'll start using them again.
  • Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited January 2013
    I love fountains ( real life and in game ). It is very upsetting that these items are still not fixed. Especially since people did pay for WORKING items.
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited January 2013
    rumbutter wrote:
    yes please

i have the moroco fountain too the water just slops back and forth the same with the frog it looks like it has a teaspoon of water in it

with the morocco one in one game i did use moO with one of the water geysers and it look pretty cool with water spraying but honestly i don't think i should need to resort to a cheat for proper fountain animations

edit to add pic

Screenshot-3-1.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion rumbutter. I wanted to use this fountain in some pictures I was taking and this made the pics look much better. Hopefully SimGuruKelly, or another Guru will let us know what is going on with this issue.
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited January 2013
    Rumbutter, that is a great idea. I do want the fountains fixed but in the meantime that is a solution for that type of fountain.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Hopefully a Guru will see this and respond soon.....
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    SimGuruKellySimGuruKelly Posts: 173
    edited January 2013
    Sorry for the delayed response. There has been SO much going on in the Store lately. I will revive this topic with the appropriate people and have this investigated further. I'll post an update to this thread when I have one.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    SimGuruKelly Thank you so much for responding and forwarding this along to the right people!! So great to have communication. Thank you again!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Sorry for the delayed response. There has been SO much going on in the Store lately. I will revive this topic with the appropriate people and have this investigated further. I'll post an update to this thread when I have one.

Thank you soooo much SimGuruKelly!Anything you can do to give our fountains animation would be greatly appreciated!! :thumbup:
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    michellehilbrand and Tiki5872 thank you :) i know it's not the ideal soulution but it works for some of the fountains and thank you again Tiki5872 for bringing this back up i did forget about it until i saw your thread

thank you SimGuruKelly too :)
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited January 2013
    Thank you for looking into this. Can you also refer the broken Ghost Hunter glitch to the appropriate person? Thanks!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    rumbutter wrote:
    michellehilbrand and Tiki5872 thank you :) i know it's not the ideal soulution but it works for some of the fountains and thank you again Tiki5872 for bringing this back up i did forget about it until i saw your thread

thank you SimGuruKelly too :)

No problem rumbutter, actually krimsonnox is the one who brought the issue to light. I only remembered myself after purchasing the Morocco set and realized the fountain had no animations. Then I remembered about krimsonnox's original post and I was lucky enough to still have it bookmarked. I just hope that we can eventually get our fountains flowing again! :lol:
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    kudos to krimsonnox :) flowing fountains :lol: good one :lol:
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited January 2013

I just wanted to say thank you for responding to everyone here.
    Since they were designed without animations and adding them would really be a remake of the items,rather than fixing a broken item, I'm sure everyone here appreciates the attention you've given it.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Yes, thank you for the response!

I thought it was one of the patches that broke the water animations on many fountains as well as the hot tubs with water features?

I've been using Rumbutter's moO cheat with the build fountain geisers too.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Was excited to see a patch today, but nothing in regards to the fountains? It's also been almost a month and no update?? :cry:
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2013
    I wonder if their looking into the hottubs as well that have no waterfall animations.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I wonder if their looking into the hottubs as well that have no waterfall animations.

I hope so too catlover. I realize this is not a simple thing for them to fix due to all the different fountains, and hottubs, but I would at least like a update.
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited February 2013

I actually talked to Sarah months ago regards to the hot tubs. She says there are no plans on updating the current hot tubs.

But, it seems we are getting better fountain animations for the newest ones, so I don't think they will plan on updating the old ones, unless they decide to put the time and effort into it.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    oh Azn i hope they were incorrect and they plan to add back the animations to the old fountains and hot tubs, they obviously look as though they should have water, and some of them used too.

I am thrilled though with what the patch did today.
  • Options
    SimGuruKellySimGuruKelly Posts: 173
    edited February 2013
    Fountains did not make it in time for this recent patch. This is turning out to be more time-consuming than originally thought. I realize that is disappointing to you fountain-lovers. However, we have a promising solution that we are investigating now. THANK YOU for your patience on this particular issue.
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited February 2013
    krimsonnox wrote:
    oh Azn i hope they were incorrect and they plan to add back the animations to the old fountains and hot tubs, they obviously look as though they should have water, and some of them used too.

I am thrilled though with what the patch did today.

I meant the fountains (aka waterfall animations) for the hot tubs krimsonnox, sorry if that doesn't make sense. :oops:
    Fountains did not make it in time for this recent patch. This is turning out to be more time-consuming than originally thought. I realize that is disappointing to you fountain-lovers. However, we have a promising solution that we are investigating now. THANK YOU for your patience on this particular issue.

Thank you for responding, I am very patient for the update, just as long as you guys don't rush it and do your best to change the animations without having any game-breaking bugs occurring.